PDA

View Full Version : Gta 4 Vs Gta san andreas

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 07:05 AM
What do you guys think is better. if you DONT look at grafics, and the Physics.

The gameplay and the fun, which is better. cause all the Gameorganization stuff dudes, are rating it 10/10, or 5/5 or w/e. Its ridiculous, it looks like they are just sucking up.

im on 30% right now, checked online mode. but what is better? In your oppinion, what did you had more fun with etc. I choose I don't know.
I didn't finish the game, but I miss the flying cars and all that stuff =\ Even if it of course was less realistic, Its about tha gameplay as well.

Btw is this posted in the right section?

Tolin
05-10-2008, 07:08 AM
You need a poll to be in right section...
Poll Central.. :P

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah ok =P I have a pull. but maybe I should put it in the main, or in video game chat. Or discussion or w/e

Raffi
05-10-2008, 07:14 AM
lol, pull.

San Andreas sounds better. I've never seen the GTA games, only something like GTA1 that my friend played.

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 07:45 AM
i havent seen GTA 4 yet, and san adres was awesome :D
yep, that -> :D

so ima gonna go with GTA 4 :D
and again more -> :D

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 07:58 AM
i havent seen GTA 4 yet, and san adres was awesome :D
yep, that -> :D

so ima gonna go with GTA 4 :D
and again more -> :D

That makes no sense. you don't know Gta4. Then why your chosing Gta4? T_T Thats stupid lol. there is a option; I don't know.

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 08:06 AM
That makes no sense. you don't know Gta4. Then why your chosing Gta4? T_T Thats stupid lol. there is a option; I don't know.

well....all that mattters is that the earth revolves around the sun.
and i know its dumb choice, its me rx00worth, the weird, of this portal.

Do what i want, ishh
but since GTA4 is after San then, it would be better, right?

unless its like Sims 2 and Sims 3

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 08:25 AM
well....all that mattters is that the earth revolves around the sun.
and i know its dumb choice, its me rx00worth, the weird, of this portal.

Do what i want, ishh

unless its like Sims 2 and Sims 3

Of course not =P thats one of the most stupides theories if heard. there are so many games, that aren't as good as there Prequals. Or w.e it is.

Like devil may cry 1 is better then 2. Street fighter as well. Kingdom hearts 1 is better then 2. I guess. Final fantasy 7 is still better then8,9,10,11,12.

Gavel
05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, that was stupid. Granted, GTA IV is noted as the best of the series, but if you're going to use the logic that if a game is the newest installment to the series, that makes it the best, then hop inline with all the other mindless pop culture dwellers who don't know anything.

And SSJ, stop whining about GTA IV not having planes. Planes aren't even useful for a New York environment. Not having planes would be a good point to make if San Andreas and Liberty City were basically the same type of terrain, but their not. So get over it. And remember this series is called "Grand Theft Auto". Aeronautical vehicles are not an essential, really.

Raffi
05-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Well... normally, if a game was the latest, it would usually be the best in the series, but not always.

Gavel
05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Well... normally, if a game was the latest, it would usually be the best in the series, but not always.
We're talking about games, Raffi, not softwares. Granted a game later in the series would have better graphics than its predecessors, but graphics don't make a game. A lot of times, sequel games end up being nothing more than a reincarnation of the previous game, but with heightened graphics.

This is why GTA IV stands out so much. Rockstar was able to do more than just give it a visual tune-up. They completely renovated the gameplay as compared to the previous games, and along with that, multiple other aspects of which I will have to take up on the word of those in this forum who've been lucky enough to get this game, since I don't have it.

Houdini
05-10-2008, 10:07 AM
GTA4 easy........

Chimaera
05-10-2008, 10:16 AM
GTA IV takes the Law of Diminishing Returns and shits all over it.

Covalence
05-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I like both of them.

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Gta san Is overall better in my oppinioon. of course the grafics and Physics are better in Gta4. But give ONE good reason Except those 2 why gta4 is better. but im only 30% and it still is amazing. but not a 10/10

Gta san, you could custimize your character, pimp cars. Buy houses, buy stripclubs. the cheats where FUN AS HELL. Mega punch, flying cars all that stuff., Riding trains, highjaking trains, bigger maps. Im pretty sure they wont make that in this game, cause it can ruine the Realisticness.

And the missions in San where better.

but still there both nice games.
@spazz, im not wining. its just one of those things san had but Gta4 didn't thats all. I didn't say it was bad.,
@Rafeh T_T thats really not true, 90% still thinks final fantasy 7 is better then, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12. As well as kingdom hearts.

Covalence
05-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I thought the part where you had to keep feeding CJ after a while in San Andreas was pretty annoying, but hey, they were attempting to make it real, same goes for the exercise. I did like the customizable fighting styles, though.

In GTA IV, although I haven't played it much, I've found something I don't like. I don't like the new driving system, the turning, IMO, is shit. But they've made running from the cops harder, which can be annoying for some people, but it sorta gives you the thrill of a real police chase.

I'm pretty sure everyone who's played both GTA games will find what they like and dislike about the games.

Raffi
05-10-2008, 11:06 AM
We're talking about games, Raffi, not softwares. Granted a game later in the series would have better graphics than its predecessors, but graphics don't make a game. A lot of times, sequel games end up being nothing more than a reincarnation of the previous game, but with heightened graphics.
That's what I meant (though it also goes with softwares, lol). It's normally 'better' but sometimes it gets 'worse' in not just graphics.

Index
05-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Gta 4.

LakE
05-10-2008, 12:29 PM
GTA IV was epic.
I was a bit dissapointed with the lack of customisation. The only thing you could do after completing it was odd side-missions and going out with friends.
It was also really easy and short.

GTA:SA
Good game. Alot to do. Nothing really bad to say about it, haven't played it for a while so i've probably forgot anything it may have failed with.

But, I'm going to go with GTA IV, just because I really liked it. Could've been alot better, but, it was still a great game.

Kveyo
05-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Gta san Is overall better in my oppinioon. of course the grafics and Physics are better in Gta4. But give ONE good reason Except those 2 why gta4 is better. but im only 30% and it still is amazing. but not a 10/10

Gta san, you could custimize your character, pimp cars. Buy houses, buy stripclubs. the cheats where FUN AS HELL. Mega punch, flying cars, all that stuff., Riding trains, highjaking trains, bigger maps. Im pretty sure they wont make that in this game, cause it can ruine the Realisticness.

@spazz, im not wining. its just one of those things san had but Gta4 didn't thats all. I didn't say it was bad.,
@Rafeh T_T thats really not true, 90% still thinks final fantasy 7 is better then, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12. As well as kingdom hearts.

Your grammar is ****ing terrible.

Deadface.
05-10-2008, 01:34 PM

Gta san, you could custimize your character, pimp cars. Buy houses, buy stripclubs. the cheats where FUN AS HELL. Mega punch, flying cars all that stuff., Riding trains, highjaking trains, bigger maps. Im pretty sure they wont make that in this game, cause it can ruine the Realisticness.

Lets see, the driving in GTAIV is more realistic and not that hard once you practice a little, the missions in San Andreas are NOT better, I'm actually entertained by the ones in GTAIV, the cheats aren't too over the fucking top [LOLFUCKINGTANK], the shooting system is better, IMO.

Let's see, there's 4 reasons, so FUCK YOU MISTER AWESOME-DREAS.

Also, 80% of statistics are made up on the spot. Which pretty much means, you probably just made that up, and didn't actually search it. OR... You read it on the internet like 6 years ago and added stuff to it.

Omega
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I like all the GTA games. I started off with Vice City Stories on my PSP, and then I played San Andreas and lV at my friend's house.

They're all great.

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 02:12 PM
lol, sorry for my grammar. And yeah, gta4 is probably better. But its I don't know. San was a bit more fun, in the beginning at least. custumizing, Gravity shit, flying car <3 trains, but yea >_> I guess <_< .

StrunG
05-10-2008, 02:31 PM

In GTA IV, they completely improved the shooting and cover system. You can basically switch from the normal third person of GTA games into an FPS game, hiding behind cars and free-aiming. The story was MUCH better than San Andreas as well. They could have basically made a movie off of the storyline, it made you want to keep playing to find out what happens. And you saying that San Andreas missions were better is pretty dumb. You've only played 30% of the game, so you haven't gotten to any of the really fun missions. I found the missions in SA to be really repetitive. It was almost always either a drive-by or a turfwar. Oh, and the driving system isn't all that hard once you get used to it.

Plus the online is amazingly fun. It seems like all you want in a game is cheats and being able to kill people without paying attention to the storyline. And in San Andreas, you could barely go into any stores. In GTA IV, the map is much smaller but you can go into almost every store and there's much more to do.

Ssjbryando
05-10-2008, 02:58 PM
No, Dont get me wrong. I like the game very very much. but like, in SAN I didn't play missions at all, The whole thing I was doing was, Cheating and 2 player cheating and stuff =P Free roaming. well I did do some missions

but you guys are right, shame for the costumizing and stuff. but yeah this is better overal. =] I choose GTA4 as well. now that I hear the stuff, you guys are right.

Im gonna play story mode a bit more now.

d3m0n_cr4z!
05-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Both are fine to me

rx00worth
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Wow, that was stupid. Granted, GTA IV is noted as the best of the series, but if you're going to use the logic that if a game is the newest installment to the series, that makes it the best, then hop inline with all the other mindless pop culture dwellers who don't know anything.

And SSJ, stop whining about GTA IV not having planes. Planes aren't even useful for a New York environment. Not having planes would be a good point to make if San Andreas and Liberty City were basically the same type of terrain, but their not. So get over it. And remember this series is called "Grand Theft Auto". Aeronautical vehicles are not an essential, really.

I think got served :(
eh, what do you think would happen when its a gy called "spazz"
:P

Deadface.
05-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I think got served :(
eh, what do you think would happen when its a gy called "spazz"
:P

What do you think will happen when YOU GO OFFTOPIC. >:[

I stand with GTAIV. I just hope it comes out for PC. Then we can force someone to make an epic zombie mod. That would be AWESOME.

imported_SPARTAN_117
05-10-2008, 09:01 PM
GTA IV

**** its so good. I can't believe I'm not playing it right now, the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of cheats. That was one of my favorite parts of the series. Other than that 4 is way better.

Kveyo
05-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm borrowing it. Its pretty good, but i expected more.

Though I have to say Online is really fun, i was just playing it.

ThatGuy
05-11-2008, 03:18 PM
cause all the Gameorganization stuff dudes, are rating it 10/10, or 5/5 or w/e.

Yes, because we should always let other people to tell us what we like

the afro ninja
05-11-2008, 11:49 PM

Spazz your so ****ing annoying when you critique what other people say without giving your own opinion.

I heard more fun cheats like the ones in SA are coming as downloadable content. It would be ridiculous to not put good cheats in GTA4, im sure they know its one of their selling points.

Ssjbryando
05-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Indeed lol. thats ****ing annoying.

I hope so, I would like to see some awesome cheats. and of course they will keep updating the game, because its on next gen. Marketplace, or that other one.

LakE
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Cheats?
Are you ****ing serious?
Grow the **** up.

"This game is shit because the cheats are boring."

Cheats don't make a game. Cheats don't put fun in the game.
Cheats are there for a shortcut, something that cuts the gameplay in half because you're not achieving anything.

This thread should be locked. It's not doing anybody any justice.

Cheats...
****ing faggot.

ultramega
05-12-2008, 09:17 AM
San Andreas sucked. GTA IV is way better, but so was Vice City.

Bottom Line: GTA IV is the best so far.

bren425
05-12-2008, 09:47 AM
4 is more fun. The worst is the driving. You cant take corners going 80 any more and I miss that.

LakE
05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
4 is more fun. The worst is the driving. You cant take corners going 80 any more and I miss that.
It's called realism.

ThatGuy
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Cheats?
Are you ****ing serious?
Grow the **** up.

"This game is shit because the cheats are boring."

Cheats don't make a game. Cheats don't put fun in the game.
Cheats are there for a shortcut, something that cuts the gameplay in half because you're not achieving anything.

This thread should be locked. It's not doing anybody any justice.

Cheats...
****ing faggot.

It's called realism.

Stop being a douche

Kitsune
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
San Andreas. I can't judge a game I haven't played yet, so I can't go with GTA 4.

EDIT: Lol shit. I accidentally voted for GTA 4!

Gavel
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Spazz your so ****ing annoying when you critique what other people say without giving your own opinion.
Wow, afro ninja, I'm surprised that someone who's illiterate is able to pass judgment on what someone says. I mean, you must be illiterate if you're going to say something like that. Either that or you just saw a wall of text and, like everyone, thought "Hmmmmm... Looks like Spazz is bitching again! I'm gonna go ahead and post a response to this post without even reading it because I know everything!".

And are you even listening to yourself? How can I critique what other people say without giving my own opinion, when if I'm critiquing something, then I would have been discussing it based off of my own opinions, views or prior knowledge?

Go kill yourself. You're really starting to piss me off.

Chunky
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I love the online play on Grand Theft Auto IV.

I think comparing the two games is ridiculous considering that GTA IV is a next gen game, it's like comparing far cry instincts for the xbox with the one for the 360.

Ssjbryando
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I love the online play on Grand Theft Auto IV.

I think comparing the two games is ridiculous considering that GTA IV is a next gen game, it's like comparing far cry instincts for the xbox with the one for the 360.

I dont know why poeple keep saying that. ALOT of people still think mario 64 is one of the best games. and that one is for the nintendo 64!! I also said, don't look at the graphics, im talking about the gameplay, I still know alot of games, that are better then some next gen ones. But most are better yeah.

Chunky
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Still, everything has been fine tuned, from gameplay to graphics.

The problem I had with San Andreas was the need to eat and work out. That was too complicated and annoying for me.

Gavel
05-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I also said, don't look at the graphics, im talking about the gameplay
Where do you think most of the positive feedback over GTA IV is coming from?

alive
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Where do you think most of the positive feedback over GTA IV is coming from?

I know, pick me!

Gavel
05-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I know, pick me!
Bathroom's down the hall.

Cory
05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Can't really vote, havent played 4 yet but beating San Andreas would be a tough thing to do.

Lixu
05-17-2008, 05:16 AM
San Andreas gameplay is better, in the form missions, objects to finish, and weapon ammo. Also the cheats are funny.
Altough GTA4 is a very nice game if you get to know it a bit, talking about driving, shooting, aiming and doing missions.
The game isn't released more then 3 weeks, I bet nobody already played GTA4 100%, wich means nobody will know what happens later, maybe you get benefits, or new weapons.

I vote for San andreas because gameplay is better, but I have my doubts.

Gavel
05-17-2008, 10:32 AM
San Andreas gameplay is better, in the form missions, objects to finish, and weapon ammo. Also the cheats are funny.
Altough GTA4 is a very nice game if you get to know it a bit, talking about driving, shooting, aiming and doing missions.
The game isn't released more then 3 weeks, I bet nobody already played GTA4 100%, wich means nobody will know what happens later, maybe you get benefits, or new weapons.

I vote for San andreas because gameplay is better, but I have my doubts.
Yeah because everybody in the world finishes video games at the same pace you do.

"Weapon ammo"? What kind of advantage is that?

yeti585
05-17-2008, 09:54 PM
gta4 by far, although the controls for driving are a bit,...well,....weird. The weapons and the online play totally make up for that =)

Lixu
05-18-2008, 05:45 AM
With weapon ammo i mean the kind of guns, and how they insult the enemies.
Meaning the police and gangs, or just cilivians. olol

Gavel
05-19-2008, 04:57 PM
With weapon ammo i mean the kind of guns, and how they insult the enemies.
Meaning the police and gangs, or just cilivians. olol
Wow, judging a game on an inanimate object's ability to insult someone. I never knew the weapons on San Andreas had the ability to talk or make obscene gestures.

Lixu
05-20-2008, 08:50 AM
=_=" I did not mean it like that. I ment it like a shotgun blows a guy to the ground, an pistol makes the guy bow a little bit.
In GTA4 I don't see that much.

Gavel
05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you on acid, or something, because I never saw any of that in San Andreas. According to the countless gameplay videos and the people who got to play this game, characters realistically reacting to gunshots dealt to them. GTA IV has this new Euphoria Natural Motion game engine that allows characters to react realistically to the environment around them. If you shot them in the knee, they would fall to the ground. If you shot them point-blank with a shotgun, it would send them sprawling out on their back a couple of feet away.

Get your fucking facts straight.

Ssjbryando
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Lixu, if you aimed on someones head, they would bend down in fear. Or be like if its your homy ''Hey watch out where you point it'' and they bend, or some hold there hands up. I HAVE EUPOHria, lol w/e. so thats not kinda true. I love to just test the engine, by just slamming at cars, and flying through the air against poles and stuff.

Lixu
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM

No need to be so ****ing offensive.
Problems are in every human.

Gavel
05-21-2008, 02:58 PM
No need to be so ****ing offensive.
Problems are in every human.
Hypocrite much?

the_hero
05-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Hypocrite much?
The word "****ing" shouldn't seem offensive, as it's just a slang term for sex.

Anyway, I'm suprised this thread is still alive.

Gavel
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
The word "****ing" shouldn't seem offensive, as it's just a slang term for sex.

Anyway, I'm suprised this thread is still alive.
Why are you telling me this? Lixu is the one who was offended by it. I just called him out because he used the same phrase when calling me out about using it.

Lixu
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Hypocrite much?

Off-Topic much?

Read PM box.

Gavel
05-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Off-Topic much?

Read PM box.
Once again, hypocrite much? Because telling me how off topic I am or saying how you think the word "fuck" is offensive is definitely on topic, huh?

Omega
05-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you on acid, or something, because I never saw any of that in San Andreas. According to the countless gameplay videos and the people who got to play this game, characters realistically reacting to gunshots dealt to them. GTA IV has this new Euphoria Natural Motion game engine that allows characters to react realistically to the environment around them. If you shot them in the knee, they would fall to the ground. If you shot them point-blank with a shotgun, it would send them sprawling out on their back a couple of feet away.

That's one of the main reasons I use a shotgun. In multiplayer, you can shoot them down, and then get out a machine gun and shoot directly forward. Since the player has to get back up by standing, their head goes through the line of fire and you get a free headshot.

In Vice City Stories, that is. Both San Andreas and IV are fine games.

rx00worth
05-23-2008, 05:00 AM
yea, this topic should be canned
(unfortunately) this is getting out of hand

AND ESCALATED FAST XD

Lixu
05-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Once again, hypocrite much? Because telling me how off topic I am or saying how you think the word "fuck" is offensive is definitely on topic, huh?

Once again off-topic much?

Gavel
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Dude, if you're not even going to follow what you preach, then don't even say anything. Because you sound like an idiot right now. I'm pretty sure by telling someone to stay on topic, that doesn't give you permission to go off topic to, dipshit.

I hate minimods but what's worse than a minimod is one that doesn't even live up to the thing he's giving a homely about.

Ssjbryando
05-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow, people are still posting in this that is cool and fine, but this probably has 3 pages of spam O_o, Cut it out guys. T__T one says something, then someone else always replies on that person saying there wrong, then the other comes and says there right or comes with another spammy reply T____T

Shut up ryx :P this should not be canned! jk.

Gavel
05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow, people are still posting in this that is cool and fine, but this probably has 3 pages of spam O_o, Cut it out guys. T__T one says something, then someone else always replies on that person saying there wrong, then the other comes and says there right or comes with another spammy reply T____T

Shut up ryx :P this should not be canned! jk.
And I guess your an exception to your own preachings, huh?

You know, I really hate it when people tell people to stay on topic when they're post isn't anymore on topic than the people spamming. If you want people to get back on topic, post something on topic to the thread. No one likes a little minimod calling them out, so what you're doing won't help the situation any more than you think.

Omega
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM

Who are you?

In my opinion, Grand Theft Auto IV should be better than San Andreas. In general, the next part of something in a series should be better, as in enhanced gameplay, graphics, etc. in comparison to the previous games in the series.

So, ignoring storyline and shit, I'm pretty sure IV's game play should be equivalent to San Andreas plus a few additional things, therefore making it better.

.Busted
05-25-2008, 02:02 AM
And I guess your an exception to your own preachings, huh?

You know, I really hate it when people tell people to stay on topic when they're post isn't anymore on topic than the people spamming. If you want people to get back on topic, post something on topic to the thread. No one likes a little minimod calling them out, so what you're doing won't help the situation any more than you think.
dude, your being stupid. . .

suliro
05-25-2008, 04:24 AM
I dont remember playing GTA i was only aloud it when I was 3

Ash
05-25-2008, 09:14 AM
God this thread is like a black hole for bad grammar.

Gavel
05-25-2008, 11:25 AM
dude, your being stupid. . .
This coming from you. You're not a real Stephen Hawking yourself. Why don't you just mind your own business from now on, because you're not doing anyone any justice, but yourself by butting in and trying to break up fights, since you get to look like the goodguy and earn modpoints.

So why doesn't everyone in this thread just shut up and stop trying to break up arguments. If you want arguing to cease, then respond to the thread with an on topic post. No one wants some stupid little noob telling them how to act around the forums, especially when the noob doesn't even know half of what's going on.

.Busted
05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
This coming from you. You're not a real Stephen Hawking yourself. Why don't you just mind your own business from now on, because you're not doing anyone any justice, but yourself by butting in and trying to break up fights, since you get to look like the goodguy and earn modpoints.

So why doesn't everyone in this thread just shut up and stop trying to break up arguments. If you want arguing to cease, then respond to the thread with an on topic post. No one wants some stupid little noob telling them how to act around the forums, especially when the noob doesn't even know half of what's going on.
i know wuts going on, i read most of it

Ssjbryando
05-25-2008, 06:17 PM

LOL!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA That coming from you =O you speak against like every person, you see that does something wrong or something. but W/e IM not saying anything lol. you guys can lock this, the last 4 pages have only been spam. Lol sorry I dont wanana start a pointless argue or something XD

Some think GTA4 is better, some think San is better for some reasons.

LakE
05-25-2008, 06:23 PM
That coming from you =O you speak against like every person, you see that does something wrong or something.

Not being a suck-up or anything, but Spazz always has a good point to backup his opinions.

The bolded part: It speaks for itself.

Anyway, this thread is going nowhere, apart from a route down canning road, possibly.

.Busted
05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Not being a suck-up or anything, but Spazz always has a good point to backup his opinions.

Anyway, this thread is going nowhere, apart from a route down canning road, possibly.
theres no good point to getting mad at someone over the internet, seriously thats like getting mad at a videogame

Gavel
05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
theres no good point to getting mad at someone over the internet, seriously thats like getting mad at a videogame
Shut up already. You obviously don't know what's going on, despite the fact that you say you did. I never got mad at someone. Lixu got mad at me for saying he was wrong about whether or not something was in a video game. I was making a point to Lixu about him mistaking two different video game features, and then he goes and throws the "IT'S MY OPINION" card out even though there was nothing to be opinionated about. It's like saying you have an opinion as to which object has more rubber: a car tire, or a lightning bolt.

And stop trying to preach to us and act like you have such a wonderful social life. When last I checked, people on the internet are still people. Are you a bot, a non-person-character, or just a string of text? I assume you are not. Just because there happens to be the barrier of tubes and wires between each of us, it doesn't hide from the fact that we are all people too. So there's no reason someone shouldn't be allowed to get angry at someone if they are saying something that offends them. You can't compare this to a video game unless you know for a fact that every person on the internet happens to be nothing more than a spambot. You might as well be playing Counter-Strike, and when the opposing team beats you, you shout "WELL AT LEAST I HAVE A G/F!!!"

.Busted
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Shut up already. You obviously don't know what's going on, despite the fact that you say you did. I never got mad at someone. Lixu got mad at me for saying he was wrong about whether or not something was in a video game. I was making a point to Lixu about him mistaking two different video game features, and then he goes and throws the "IT'S MY OPINION" card out even though there was nothing to be opinionated about. It's like saying you have an opinion as to which object has more rubber: a car tire, or a lightning bolt.

And stop trying to preach to us and act like you have such a wonderful social life. When last I checked, people on the internet are still people. Are you a bot, a non-person-character, or just a string of text? I assume you are not. Just because there happens to be the barrier of tubes and wires between each of us, it doesn't hide from the fact that we are all people too. So there's no reason someone shouldn't be allowed to get angry at someone if they are saying something that offends them. You can't compare this to a video game unless you know for a fact that every person on the internet happens to be nothing more than a spambot. You might as well be playing Counter-Strike, and when the opposing team beats you, you shout "WELL AT LEAST I HAVE A G/F!!!"
Okay then I guess I misunderstood the posts, sorry if I offended you.

Ssjbryando
05-26-2008, 05:20 PM

I didn't ment to be a dick about it, but I have to give you that. he isn't saying anything useless like most =3 so yeah, I take it back but I don't since its still whats hes doing =O

Omega
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
It's funny cause half of the posts above me aren't even related to the games.

Does anybody know whether there are katanas or not in IV?

Dudeman
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
It's funny cause half of the posts above me aren't even related to the games.

There are no swords of any kind in IV. There's only a knife and baseball bat for melee weapons.

Gavel
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
They aren't. And apparently, the same can be said for miniguns and chainsaws.

I kind of understand katanas and miniguns not being in there due to them wanting to make this one more realistic (which explains no tanks and the fact that you actually get hurt from getting in a high speed collision), but chainsaws should've stayed. It's not like they're illegal, or anything. Hell, you can head on down to Lowes or Home Depot and buy one without trouble.

Omega
05-26-2008, 07:15 PM
They aren't. And apparently, the same can be said for miniguns and chainsaws.

I kind of understand katanas and miniguns not being in there due to them wanting to make this one more realistic (which explains no tanks and the fact that you actually get hurt from getting in a high speed collision), but chainsaws should've stayed. It's not like they're illegal, or anything. Hell, you can head on down to Lowes or Home Depot and buy one without trouble.

Thank you, and Dudeman too.

I'm disappointed. Despite making the game realistic, the katana did a lot of damage, if not an instant kill.

Oh, and apparently there are no neck snaps either.

Gavel
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
There weren't any neck snaps in San Andreas, either. They had them in Vice City Stories, but that's the only one I know of that carried that ability. In San Andreas, though, you could do that stealth shank technique where you stab someone in the throat from behind.