PDA

View Full Version : My Results After Testing Chaos & Order Unit For Unit

Tecness2
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Okay, first, I'd like to say, I spent a good hour on this....so be happy. Some of you may know I bought chaos, to try it out, for a while. Now, most of you don't know, I have a second account called TecTest. I use him for stuff like this. (I have 3 browsers installed on this laptop, so it worked out fine...just a tiny bit laggy)
I tried this unit for unit, upgrade for upgrade. Some tests with control, others without. And here are my results!
Legend:
Without Control (Attack command)
With Control (Use of spells)

Okay, here we go! The Winner will be announced by a > or a <. Certain things will have different color *'s near their name. I will explain them later. These are 1 on 1 battles (or otherwise stated)
Crawler < Swordwraith (No Upgrades)

3 Crawlers > 2 Swordwraiths (Both fully upgraded)

Dead > Archidon (Upgraded, or not) *

Skeleton Mage > Magikill (No Spells)
Skeleton Mage < Magikill (Just Barely)

Medusa > Magikill (No contest) *

Everything EXCEPT A Single Bomber &/or Miner > Meric *

Dark Knight > Spearton
Dark Knight > Spearton (Just Barely)
2 Dark Knights = 3 Speartons *

1 Bomber < Everything *

Wingadon < Flying Crossbowman (Just Barely & No Upgrades)
9 Wingadon < 8 Flying Crossbowman (2 Survived With +50% Health)
Wingadon < Flying Crossbowman (Upgraded)

Giant < Enslaved Giant (All 3 Levels) *

Order: 7
Chaos: 7

* While the archidon does have a powerful bow, with the fire arrow ability doing increased damage to armor (for a single shot), the "Dead" is considered armor, so it has a massive advantage.
* The reason it is no contest is because of the Medusa's ability to turn anything except giants into stone. They shouldn't be allowed to turn giants, magikill, or monks into stone because of some "magical resistance" or something.
* I never did test this, but I'm assuming they would win because the Dark Knight won the one on one battle, but with only around 8% of his health left, so I gave it an equal.
* Solo, these things can barely hurt a fly. Get a semi large number (say, four to ten), and they will wreck havoc on a unit, or a group of units, or a wall.
* While in a one on one fight, the Enslaved Giant wins (because of the fact it is ranged) as an army supporter, the THEORY of the giants, would assume the normal giant would win. BUT. Since they have roughly equal health, the enslaved giant wins as a supporter. I suggest giving the normal giant a SLIGHT increase in health, which would help it fulfill it's roll as a tank supporter more.
* In the case of merics, while they have a very bad attack, as a supporter, they are pretty damn good.

Now I did one final test. It was a full attack move battle. 80/80 supply for both armies. The armies consisted of the following. The (#) represent it's supply usage. This had SOME control. I used the Dark Knight's "Charge" ability. The Medusa's "Venom Flux" ability. The Archidon's "Fire Arrow" ability. The Shinobi's "Cloak" ability (At the start, so it was basically useless) I find, the ability usage was very balanced because of my poor timing (On purpose) usage for them all.

Chaos: 6 Crawlers(6) + 4 Deads(12) + 4 Skeleton Mages(16) + 2 Medusa(10) + 8 Bombers(8) + 2 Dark Knights(6) + 5 Wingadons(15) + 1 Giant(7)

Order: 6 SwordWraith(6) + 6 Archidons(12) + 3 Meric(15) + 2 Magikill(10) + 2 Ninja(8) + 3 Speartons(6) + 4 Flying Crossbowmen(16) + 1 Enslaved Giants(7)

The result was very interesting. The Order survived with One Giant, One Archidon, One Meric, and Two Flying Crossbowmen. The reason I believe they won, was because of the meric's Heal ability, as well as the Ninja's fast attack speed, and the fact that I did NOT use any spells from the Magikill or the Skeleton Mage. I believe, if I used all the abilities to their fullest, then the result of the survivors would be different, BUT, the order would still win in the end. While Order has the stronger units (generally) and should win most of the time later game, early game, they get demolished. There are also several strategies in which, have no counter, that can only be used by the Chaos faction, making it somewhat imbalanced.

Now, time for each unit's separate review. It will go like this: UntitName: OffensiveValue/DefensiveValue/SupportValue (all out of 10). First up, the order faction.
OffensiveValue: This includes his attack move damage damage to armored & light units, and the statue.
DefensiveValue: This includes his health and armor, and any defensive abilities the unit has. As well as any "stopping" power the unit has.
SupportValue: This includes all the unit's spells & ability to be cannon fodder.

The Order: As a whole, this faction relies on the strength of it's units in conjunction to each other. They have good units, and should be considered the standard.

Miner: Well...What's to say? 1/2/1. It's a miner. It has an attack, can be very useful in a pinch or if you're running low on cannonfodder
SwordWraith: 7/3/6. He's great for cannon fodder and early game. In numbers, they do pretty damn good damage. Terrible health though.
Archidon: 6/5/4. He is amazing early game because of the lack of armored units, and it still decent late game because of his range. With walls or cannon fodder, he's very effective at defending.
Meric: 2/4/9. He has an attack, not a very good one, but an attack. With two to three of him, you can easily mount a defense against a small sized wave of enemies. Amazing supporter though because of his healing & curing abilities(even if they are glitched a little bit)
Magikill: 2/6/8. While his default attack sucks, his spell attacks are pretty good all around, which gives him a high attack & support stat. His electric wall ability is good for defense, especially if used in pairs.
Spearton: 5/9/6. While his attack isn't the best, his ability to hold the line is impressive among gods. His shield wall ability increases his frontal defense greatly but makes him unable to attack.
Ninja: 7/5/7. He has great stealth capabilities, and with the use of prudent timing, he can be a deadly weapon. His health somewhat lacks, and his armor is that of the swordwraith (I think).
Flying Crossbowman: 7/7/2. His attack is better than the archer's, as well as his armor and health. He has very little stopping power since units can just walk right under him. Since his only upgrade is a passive upgrade, he has no support besides raw damage.
Enslaved Giant: 10/10/5. His damage is the highest as well as his health. He can take a beating and dish one back out. His rocks stun enemies, giving him good support power. While he is a god compared to the rest of the units, creating an army out of him, is not wise because of the slow attack speed & terrible close range combat.

Time for the Chaos Faction!

The Chaos: As a whole, the chaos faction relies on either brute strength, or just sheer numbers to overpower their opponents. They have some pretty amazing abilities, as well as an in-combat health regeneration.

Enslaved Miner: Well...What's to say? 1/2/1. It's a miner. It has an attack, can be very useful in a pinch or if you're running low on cannon fodder. He should also get chains, mine more gold(slightly), but his praying has less effect.
Crawler: 7/2/5. Strength in numbers has never been so overpowered before. After upgraded, these things become vicious and will rip anything in their path to pieces.
Dead: 6/6/4. Better than the Archidon. They have the ability to poison the bones they throw at their enemy. They are also considered heavily armored, so they can take a beating.
Skeleton Mage: 2/5/8. He's surprisingly tank-y. He is the spell caster of the Chaos faction. He only demands the fear of his enemies as payment for his services. His grim reaper spell is somewhat overpowered. He has a bad base damage attack, but good spells.
Medusa: 0/4/8. She is a lot like the Skeleton Mage. A second spell-caster if you will. Can't take as much of a beating as the Medusa and has no attack. Spells are roughly the same. One's an AOE the other is a select a target.
Bomber: 5/3/10. He is cannon fodder. He's a suicide bomber. Dangerous in large numbers, a bee in small ones. Less health than a crawler, he can only attack once, because....well he explodes.
Dark Knight:6/8/7. He has a higher damage than the Spearton and his charge ability can be used as a powerful stun. Great for offensive lines.
Wingadon: 6/6/1. He has good damage and good health. Not as good as the flying crossbowman, but still pretty good. Bad for cannon fodder though.
Giant: 10/9/2. Since he is currently melee. He has to get up close and personal, which removes 1 point from his defensivevalue. His AOE(area of effect) stun, which can stun three enemies at once, gives him a support value of two. He's great for supporting an army, terrible for being one.

Daankw
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow, kudos to this post! Very interesting and usefull to read!

Dracus94
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
+1 (If that's possible?), I appreciate the time you put into this, and it's really useful.
The enslaved giant should be moved up in support, though :P
I often use him in late game when I'm doing a push with a spearton + archidon combo. He's really good at protecting your vulnerable archers and tanking the damage :D

Tecness2
10-15-2012, 08:21 PM
+1 (If that's possible?), I appreciate the time you put into this, and it's really useful.
The enslaved giant should be moved up in support, though :P
I often use him in late game when I'm doing a push with a spearton + archidon combo. He's really good at protecting your vulnerable archers and tanking the damage :D
While that is true, he has no spell abilities. Support is mainly spell abilities or useful cannon fodder.

Luzoto
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I really hope they allow video footage soon, it would be cool if you got a friend (like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) to test and record this =P.
(039)

Oh here's an idea, test the offensive power of an army made entirely out of one type of unit, like 80 swordswrath or something along that line. Test out common combos too, like giants and merics or spearton and archidon or skelemage and medusa or CRAWLERS.

Tecness2
10-16-2012, 01:14 AM
I really hope they allow video footage soon, it would be cool if you got a friend (like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) to test and record this =P.
(039)

Oh here's an idea, test the offensive power of an army made entirely out of one type of unit, like 80 swordswrath or something along that line. Test out common combos too, like giants and merics or spearton and archidon or skelemage and medusa or CRAWLERS.
I CAN record battles, but it would be laggy as hell for me.
Also, I will be updating later for Order Vs Order results, as well as different unit compositions with counters.

CRAZY JAY
10-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Nice Work as Always Tecness while I may not agree with everything ;) your knowledge is impressive and should be very help full to anyone who wants to get better.

Often times units can not be compared directly because of the small factors: Unit speed, acceleration, attack speed, damage vs armored, if its armored, its abilities, costs of abilities, build time, population, units its coupled with, size, if it has a hockey stick or not? haha.

Tecness2
10-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Nice Work as Always Tecness while I may not agree with everything ;) your knowledge is impressive and should be very help full to anyone who wants to get better.

Often times units can not be compared directly because of the small factors: Unit speed, acceleration, attack speed, damage vs armored, if its armored, its abilities, costs of abilities, build time, population, units its coupled with, size, if it has a hockey stick or not? haha.
I didn't really wank to spend another 30 minutes trying to "race" each unit with it's other side counterpart :p
But I will take into account the rest of the things and most likely update this thread with more information later.

300noob
11-02-2012, 08:40 AM
let me cut you short on certain things
_army made out of entire speartons
about 34 speartons, 1 mage and 1 sword wrath fight 1 skeleton mage,about ~25 jugger knight and 1 crawler no control, no ability except the mages...result the order win ...interesting thing is they only lose like 4 freaking speartons with the mage help while chaos lose everything.
_18 sword wrath with rage vs 18 crawler with pack mentality , no control , result : swordwrath win with like ~6 swordwrath left.
_ARmy made out of flying units
Order: 20 flying crossbowmen with blazing bolt
Chaos: 2 bombers (bombers hit air) and 26 eclipsor
result, chaos win with like over 6-8 eclipsor left.
_40 archer vs 26 eclipsor and 2 crawler, no ability, no control
result: archer lose. also 8-10 eclipsors left
_army made out of sword vs army made out of chaos giants, full growth ,no rage
swordwrath win. 49 swordwrath left
-sw vs order giants, same thing, result: about 15-20 sword is dead

sorry for my bad english.
thanks to knightron for helping.

Tecness2
11-02-2012, 09:36 AM
let me cut you short on certain things
army made out of entire speartons
about 34 speartons, 1 mage and 1 sword wrath fight 1 skeleton mage,about ~25 jugger knight and 1 crawler no control, no ability except the mages...result the order win ...interesting thing is they only lose like 4 freaking speartons with the mage help while chaos lose everything.

No duh. The Juggerknight would only beat a Spearton in a one on one fight because of his small health regeneration. 20 Juggerknights vs 22 Speartons, there's a good chance, the Speartons would win.

18 sword wrath with rage vs 18 crawler with pack mentality , no control , result : swordwrath win with like ~6 swordwrath left.

I'm sure it would, but that's not equal, seeing as how crawlers are cheaper. Try it with 27 crawlers (that would be equal costing of 2700).

Army made out of flying units
Order: 20 flying crossbowmen with blazing bolt
Chaos: 2 bombers (bombers hit air) and 26 eclipsor
result, chaos win with like over 6-8 eclipsor left.
Not only do the bombers do AOE damage, the flying crossbowmen are specialized against heavily armored units, while the eclipsor specializes in light armor(which the flying crossbowmen are).

40 archer vs 26 eclipsor and 2 crawler, no ability, no control
result: archer lose. also 8-10 eclipsors left

Yes...that's a problem. Archidons/Deads have a hard time aiming at air units.

army made out of sword vs army made out of chaos giants, full growth ,no rage
swordwrath win. 49 swordwrath left

How many giants do you consider an army?

swordwrath vs order giants, same thing, result: about 15-20 sword is dead

Understandable. Enslaved Giants specialize in single unit killing, or building damage, they are terrible against massive numbers.

kidinvisible
11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Yes...that's a problem. Archidons/Deads have a hard time aiming at air units.

Eclipse has an ability that can negate range attacks

TheFighterz
11-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I think you overestimated the crawler. I have been fighting more and more chaos units, and because of their size, got fleeing Juggerknights and Deads killed. Still, the defense rating is also a little high. I was attacked by maybe 6-8 crawlers, and 1 magikill's meteor ability demolished at least 4 of them, and it didn't take long for the swordwrath to finish the job. Still, the crawler is indeed a very dangerous unit that's small in size, but packs a big punch.