PDA

View Full Version : Yun's List of Strategies

Yun
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey guys! Well, I'm just here to share how I use Order.

First off, everything that I do would be very similar to what I would do in Starcraft : Gain up your economy and start massing. In Stick Empire, almost everything is very similar. The only difference is the longer time for your miners to bring in gold. So, to fix or get rid of this problem, start off by making 3-4 more miners. With two miners already prepared for mining, send them to mining right away!

At the end of your miners or during them being made, you should have 4 miners mining and 3 miners gaining mana. [ To gain mana, select a miner and right click/send him to the statue. He should then be in a prayer stance and a blue aura should illuminate around him. Mana should be gained by 1 every second or so. ]

Once you reach a certain amount of gold, start making the basic soldiers. Every then or so, send out 2-4 soldiers to the middle of mass the opponent's side. This way, you will have the other side have trouble making or expanding. Make sure you leave behind some soldiers for a mass army. Over time, make more miners to make the big guys or archers. Once you have a stable army, attack.

[ Read this if the other side is resisting and still intact. ] If the other side doesn't seem to have trouble, send only 2 soldiers a time and leave behind more soldiers. Start making archerers and speartans. Don't forget : If you focus more on making an army, the other side will have a chance on making a larger army. So remember : mass or send 2 soldiers overtime to give the opponent frustration. If you feel you have a large-enough army, attack.

[ Read this if the previous bracket step did not work. ] If you are taking heavy casualties, bring your left-over soldiers back and start creating more men and move on to making an enslaved giant and war mage. If it is mandatory or needed, do a full retreat. [ I do not know if you can still make soldiers; but if you can, start creating archerers and basic soldiers. ] But, don't stay back too long. Staying back too long will allow the other side to do more damage to your statue. So please, retreat only when you are being too overwhelmed.

TL;DR
In summary : the basic gameplay of Stick Empires is like World of Warcraft and Starcraft combined together. Make sure you have a good economy and man power. Quality may not always be the case. Go for a mass of basic swordmen and archerers and you'll be able to win. Make sure you make more units even when your main army is attacking. You'll never know what they have in store.

With the people now starting off by building 2 swordwraths or a swordwrath and an archedon, you'd have to do the same thing or start with one swordwrath or an archedon. [ Highly recommend the archedon for that the archedon can have a chance to shoot while on the move or going into "hold position" stance. ] When you two meet, tease the opponent by controlling/having your archedon zig-zag across the map from you and him. This way, you can tease him. And also, because you have an archedon, you can attack him while on the move, allowing the other side forced to fall back. Remember to have 4 miners mining and continue constructing more men. If you don't do this, you won't have enough time to construct more units if your archedon dies. When no distraction seems to be made by the other side, add on several more men. [ Suggestion : 1 more archedon and 2 swordwraths. This way, you can hold off the enemy if they seem to have a mini army on the move. ] With a good defense on stand by, add a few more miners and continue making more men. Don't loose sight off your mini map for that it is very useful when you don't have complete focus on your middle capture. Once you have complete control or have a good stable army, attack.

-Lucas Yun

Luzoto
10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
That's a really good strategy, and I may have seen it before. One time, this guy was sending his troops in waves. His first was a Spearton, his second was the same spearton, and his third was a giant (all evenly spaced in time).

The most common strategy I've seen is an extremely mass invested in miners followed by several maxed out giants and monks (like Heavy and Medic). I can never seem to produce gold fast enough even if I invest entirely in miners. Would you happen to know any possible reason why?

Yun
10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
That's a really good strategy, and I may have seen it before. One time, this guy was sending his troops in waves. His first was a Spearton, his second was the same spearton, and his third was a giant (all evenly spaced in time).

The most common strategy I've seen is an extremely mass invested in miners followed by several maxed out giants and monks (like Heavy and Medic). I can never seem to produce gold fast enough even if I invest entirely in miners. Would you happen to know any possible reason why?

These commonly happen to me as well. It could be either they are incredibly fast or you not doing your best. But, with the spacing of speartons, they could possibly be evening out their workers or having 1 on gold and 1 on mana at the beginning. To work this, you would either have to have two of your workers mine and start building one soldier. Then, you would send him out immediately and work from there. This way, the other side will have trouble gain gold with that soldier in the way.

Dracus94
10-15-2012, 02:24 PM
You might not want to wait to get a lot of miners before getting a few swordswrath out, as they may cap the tower and use tower spawn, which will set you back a lot.
And as for the sending two units to the enemy to frustrate them, be smart about it. Don't make two swordswrath just to send them to the enemy and get killed. It won't do that much damage, they'll die quickly, and would be much more useful sticking in your army. You can get some archidons and use flame arrow to harrass from a distance, but generally attacking with weak melee units hurts you more than it hurts them.

Yun
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Though what can hurt them at the beginning? Surely they may have one spearton or have several swordswraths of their own, but at least you make some distraction. Distraction is always useful.

Quik
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww, much to learn from the wise Yun Zhu!

*bows...

xzibit258
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
miners and economy always way to go any one want to battle?
me: XXXMEGAMANGTXXX
*= 731

Tecness2
10-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Having no units early game, would get you decimated. Absolutely destroyed.

Yun
10-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Almost everyone in the game seems to be making their first swordwraths now on the games I play. I'll be creating a new strategy here later.

xzibit258
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
castle archers then two ninja one gaint and some oracle and a few swordwarth with two archers and spearton bring you a long way

Yun
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Yet the amount of time to actually get those guys up and going is VERY high. This is why you need distractions so you can gain minerals and start making. Without the distractions, the strike from the opponent is very high and you'd loose the game. [ Unless you are lucky enough, which is very slim. ]

Added a new strategy. Will be changed if things don't work out in gameplay.

Panki
10-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I like this strategy, especially because I for one play Starcraft a lot.

R.D
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
What is do is I have the first 2 miners mine the closer rocks and then build an archer and a swordwrath. I send them out to half point to get the extra money from the tower and then I check up on the other team, depending on how many units and what kind they have I either start getting more miners and have at least 2 for upgrades (like miner rush) or I get more defense for the mid-tower. ( if opposing team is attacking for the tower too)
You should also get the tower spawn upgrade because at the 2nd level with the giant growth upgrade you can have x3 sized giants spawning every 20(ish) seconds attacking the other base.
Then I get a bunch of upgrades and revert all my miners to mining, and kill the person with fire arrows, speartons, and x3 sized giants.

Im not that good but ive got tips from 'rummaker' if you know him, I've also gotten a little better and my w to lose ratio is 28/32

Its important to react to what the other team is doing, I've been able to win against chaos empires pretty easily because of this, the fact that bots have entered the game is also a factor to look out for, they react to everything you do and I actually had a game once where the bot had the exact same amount of units and was doing the same thing, but I won :P

Yun
10-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Never knew they had bots. :o And all this that I do is without upgrades or tower spawn or anything. My W/L ratio is 5/0 so far. :I

Dracus94
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Sure, distractions are useful in certain situations :D
Just not as useful, seeing as this game is pretty much 2d

cowboy bodacious
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
what i do is buy 3 miners off the bat after that i get enough gold to buy the miner wall till i get 8 miners total 6 mining and 2 praying till i get enough for the 2 giant upgrades and just buy giants but for some reason a lot of the time it says im defeated even before they get near me what the hell is up?

R.D
10-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Its usually because your computer is crap, if you don't have a good computer you'll probably lose a lot of games.
It makes you auto-forfeit if you've lagged out for a certain amount of time.

Luzoto
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Well, I have a strategy that's won me a 6/5 ratio (my real W/L is 12-5, but 6 of those wins were from laggy enemies).
Basically- WAIT WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS?!...

call for an early truce and convince the opponent of two things:
1. The end battle between the maxed out armies will be freaking EPIC!
2. Get him to not upgrade tower spawn since he'll probably take the tower since you proposed the idea.

Then get 8 miners on gold, 3-4 on mana, and get a big army of 3-4 maxed giants, around 4 archers, 1 or 2 magikill, and a shinobi. I max out all upgrades that relate to them, get all the bank upgrades (tower spawn, passive income, miner hustle, etc.). You may have to kill a couple of miners off to make space for this army around the end.

Once both players are ready to attack, send your army on the offense ASAP, and prepare to build more troops. Get the Shinobi to Cloak-strike a giant and make him retreat quickly, then repeat. In the meanwhile, have your magikill poison the giants to quickly drain them of health, and let your giants and archers take care of the rest.

This is a ridiculously cheap strategy that really depends on whether your opponent is nice or not, but it's surprisingly effective for me. The only thing is doesn't defend against is a full army of giants, which I'm really hoping will be nerfed a little with the upcoming updates.

...plz don't tell anyone if you see me use it in combat :<. Anyone know how to use spoilers?

Yun
10-17-2012, 08:02 PM
[*spoiler=blahblhasld][/spoiler]

Get rid of the *.

Anyways, that is a very cheap strategy indeed. :I

flnonoy
10-19-2012, 07:45 AM
I'll Fight you

flnonoy
10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
I'll Fight you

sorry wrong reply

Cythe
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Wait , what is stick empires anyway?
I'm out for about 2 months and new things appear.That's fan-fucking-tastic.

Usman
03-13-2013, 04:28 AM
this thread is too old so i thoght to bring it back, well it is not new.

DragonFrost
03-13-2013, 06:43 AM
You'll probably be banned for bump. Or at least, infraction.

Yun
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM

Hey, this is just a strategy thread. People can bring these back up from what I've experienced.

Usman
03-13-2013, 08:26 AM

Firstly, this is not an infraction bcz its a strategy thread not a useless thread that I brang back.
Secondly, Yun is right
Thirdly, ppl get good ideas from it
Fourthly, ppl dont get banned on this things

Yun
03-13-2013, 09:07 AM
ok, for all of you wanna-be-awesome (except for some people who already are), here's DiPi's starting stategy, which works on every map (I don't know about grass hills or castle: never tried it there) and against any other strategy (spearton mass, giant mass...) :3

start with 2 swordsmen and 1 miner
put your 2 miners on pray
when the other miner comes out, put him too on pray
when you have 50 of mana, stop praying, put them on gold and buy rage
send you first swordsman to the other castle (don't stop him for the middle)
when your other swordsman is ready, send him to take the middle

this is it, the best starting strategy. Why, you could ask? well, let's list the advantages

-it lets you have a medium economy start plus two basic units
-you can see which starting startegy your enemy is planning to follow, while he still can't
-gives you the possibility to disturb his miners, thus slowing down his economy
-when you're disturbing or scouting with the first swordsman, the other one takes the middle
-in the case of a spertons attacking or a spearton early rush, by making a third swordsman you can easily counter it
-in the case of a sword-archer early rush or an archideon, by retreating for a moment and then attacking a little later you can quickly kill the archer
-with the new patch about archer castle (even though I used this before all the new patches), it is easier for you to use your early swordsmen (obviously ou must make more of them) to kill his miners

that's all, I guess
want to provide, though, only the starting strategy of my way of playing, since the only way to win is to adapt in every match by following your opponent's weaknesses

DiPi, please do not post your own strategy on my strategy list. You can post your own strategy somewhere else or something, but not on here.

Jombloxx
03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
DiPi, please do not post your own strategy on my strategy list. You can post your own strategy somewhere else or something, but not on here.

u play SE. :O

DragonFrost
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Jombloxx you didn't know?
Here is what say: ...

DiPi
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM

damn, mistook it for something else
deleted it

_Ai_
03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
We have a new update now, 4 swords can be build at the start. You might wanna change the strategy a bit.

DragonFrost
03-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Triss
03-14-2013, 08:05 AM
This strategy thread stands out of the others.

WheresMyCheetos
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Wait? Yun and Luzoto play SE,

and full eco never works.
Altho alot of pros like me can make it work (but it is still really hard)
If he is offensive he will prolly have a 90% win
If he is defence 50%

ShadowyWhisper
03-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Not always. A good turtler on Order can win a battle quite well. I got beaten by a ShadowWrath Statue Rusher, rushed right past my 4 Speartons, 2 Giants, 4 Allbowtross, and 2 Magikill. Then I lost 30 points. :(

Yun
03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
It's actually been a long time since I've last touched SE. Never knew a lot changed over the past few months. >____>

blu3blitz
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
yeah spearton/ninja rushing is a prick nowadays, i was only able to beat a masser with an equal spearton army but with resiliance and 2 castle archers and miners clouding th place with only 2 fire arrows worth of hp

_Ai_
03-15-2013, 08:10 AM
It's actually been a long time since I've last touched SE. Never knew a lot changed over the past few months. >____>

Hackers are now available. Choose one.

But seriously, SE evolved big time.

Usman
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Hackers are now available. Choose one.

But seriously, SE evolved big time.

Bcz of its major bug fixes, and THE ORDER BUFF, MY FAV!

nullhead
03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
I tried this, it doesn't work well.

KrayZStick
03-25-2013, 09:29 AM
This has been sitting around for 5 months, people have learned to counter it, move on.