PDA

View Full Version : I'm so pwoud! [G]

Gyohdon
05-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey Flash section! Here's my (note: very first!!!) beam try on Flash!
http://www.antiup.net/files/50410253454First%20beam%20Try.swf

so pwoud!

Still, i disliked the movements of the dude flying away, and the appearing of the beam was off.... so don't go and say that!

But whaddaya think?

New Generation
05-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Not bad, thought the blast needs more variety of colors and more particles at the end, or a break down of the beam. Also it should be more slow but forceful( if you know what I mean...)

Add sounds too, :P

The stick figure was choppy. Work on your easing. He also resided a bit when the started to fly off the screen.

bowstick
05-10-2008, 08:42 AM
when you draw the stick figures with BRUSH it helps me to draw the legs as 2 different lines....so it looks less curvy..

also the same with the arms

Houdini
05-10-2008, 08:52 AM
if u dnt want ur legs + amrs to be cury you should use the line tool :P

Scarecrow
05-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Protip: If you're using Flash 8 or CS3, make the beam white, then make each frame of the beam a movie clip and add a blue glow.

Not bad for a first beam.

Raffi
05-10-2008, 08:55 AM
when you draw the stick figures with BRUSH it helps me to draw the legs as 2 different lines....so it looks less curvy..

That's what Terkoiz does, amirite or whut?

Gyohdon
05-12-2008, 02:56 AM

I like them curvy, thats why went from pivot to flash....

Strife
05-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Protip: If you're using Flash 8 or CS3, make the beam white, then make each frame of the beam a movie clip and add a blue glow.

Not bad for a first beam.

That's the noobiest "Protip" I've ever seen.

New Generation
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
That's the noobiest "Protip" I've ever seen.

Agreed.

There's a shorter way, animate all the beam in a movie clip, draw the first frame of the beam, press f8, then call it "beam" or whatever you want. Double click on the movie clip and continue animating your beam there, frame by frame. Or motion tweens. Whatever you want. :

Gyohdon
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I think i'll stick with this way. If this is my first.... Could you guys imagine what happened if i practiced real hard? LOL

ragingrasengan
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
dude if u keep them curvy all the time, it will look stiff as if the legs are just, frozen, i dont mind curvy at some points, but there has to be a point where its not curvy, btw brush takes time, drawing a decent stickfigure to, if u worked with pivot, and ur liek high begginer and higher you should have the concept of easing and stiffness, whats ur pivot rank, then i might be able to make sense why its choppy and stiff

Gyohdon
05-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Ranks suddenly got gay, but the last time i got ranked, i believe i was like inter or sumthing. But i can do easing, it's just that i don't work that hard yet, because i wanna get used to the program yet. When i work my ass off now, i'll get sick of it, too fast. I don't want that =P