PDA

View Full Version : First line and sword test - CnC!

S.A.
10-18-2012, 03:05 AM
http://www.filz.us/2wz

Got inspired by Mango's tutorial to try the line tool and I think I'm starting to get addicted to it. So here it is, my first line tool as well as sword test.
CnC!

Sharpeggio
10-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Make it longer. I can't really give you any advice unless I can actually see some more work done with doing something other than an arm swing.
The pose is too choppy, I mean that by saying that the back-foot moves back for absolutely no reason. If anything, it would move back after the swing to emphasize some sort of power, but it isn't necessary. Two more things: the arm moves too slowly to convince me that it's a swing meant to harm someone, and if this were a real fight, he would have been shanked and raped violently for having such a strange pose and buildup. Weapon handling is much more than swinging an object. I would suggest looking up some sword-handling videos to boot, and look at how other animators integrate their animation style and real-life motions to give it a clean feel.
(It seems like you're just copying the previous frame and making adjustments like free transform and rotating every so often. It makes it look chopped up.)

S.A.
10-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Alright, do you know of any best tutorial for this purpose?

Clannad
10-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Search up "How to sword things" it's some type of tutorial dealing with swords and stuff(Made by Terkoiz). But if you really want to learn how a sword moves in accordance to the body movement and stuff then watch a couple of videos on youtube featuring samurais or stuff. Like stated above a single swing won't help us critique that much and how the stickman is just standing there is just an awful pose.