PDA

View Full Version : Beating Up Rival Empires' Statues For Dummies

GuardianZen
10-21-2012, 09:33 AM
UPDATING! Gimmie a while to jot this all down.

1 - STARTING OFF: You begin with two Miners, 500 gold, and the goal to vandalize the opponent's statue before he does such to you. WHAT YOU DO FIRST CALLS FOR DIFFERENT BATTLE STRATEGY! Now, this part can be tricky if you over-think it.
I can't stress this enough: TIME IS MONEY! If you spend a minute thinking "oh, what should I do?", you're already dooming yourself.
Firstly, you want your first Miners to start their slave labor ASAP. Don't spend a minute thinking what you're gonna do, just select them and have them work. Also, you want to use your starting gold ASAP too.

Miner Strategies: Gold is the most needed resource, but mana is very helpful yet underestimated and underused. However, mana isn't as need in the early stages of the game, but very essentially as time goes on. Your first two Miners are burdened with the task of starting your career, and you need to think about how you want them to start it. This should HEAVILY influence what you use your starting gold for, too.
GOLD-GOLD VARIENT:
Start your game by instantly having both Miners mine. It's a good and common way to start, and I recommend beginners use this. It allows you to easily start using basic units like Swordwrath, Archidons, and Miners.
GOLD-MANA VARIENT:
Start your game by instantly having one Miner pray and one Miner mine. It's a pretty good way to start. Having one start on Mana is helpful in some situations, like if you want an early Spartan, but still keeps the ability to start using basic units.
MANA-MANA VARIENT:
Start your game by instantly having both Miners pray. It's a very complicated situation if you do this. Most units you will/can use early game are only costing gold. Not sure why you'd do this? But if you know what you're doing, maybe try it.

Starting Gold Strategies: You only have 500 G, and though in the real world that'd get you some nice stuff, THIS IS WAR! (Or rather Empires.) Gold is much need in very high quantity, so 500 G is... Well, it ain't bad. There are quite a few combinations you can do, and depending on what you click (even if by accident) should HEAVILY influence what you choose how you play the rest of the game, similar to how what your Miners do influences this.

MORE COMING SOON! Gimmie time! Researching combinations and writing this all out is harder than I though it'd be.

Dracus94
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I like it :D

husy
10-22-2012, 05:24 AM
i've been using this since the start, but mine's slightly different

1. make them work on gold, yes

2. wish him luck, yes

3. create a bowman and 1 miner, make miner praise, take bowman middle, and that "suicide run" isn't really suicidal i stick by until they fight back :P

4. upgrade and get speartons regularly

5. bulk on archers and winged archers

6. keep harrasing till they fall :)

Smile
10-22-2012, 05:54 AM
how about fucking forfeit every time you start losing because for SOME FUCKED UP REASON YOU DON'T GET MONEY WHEN THE OPPONENT FUCKING FORFEITS.

Tecness2
10-22-2012, 06:42 AM
how about fucking forfeit every time you start losing because for SOME FUCKED UP REASON YOU DON'T GET MONEY WHEN THE OPPONENT FUCKING FORFEITS.
What are you talking about? Please sir, take the rage somewhere else.

This guide isn't half bad.

DragonFrost
10-22-2012, 07:31 AM

What are you talking about? Please sir, take the rage somewhere else.

This guide isn't half bad.
I think he was talking about if this is your first battle of the day or something, and the opponent lags out, you don't get 10 empire coins. But anyways, good guide GuardianZen!

Tecness2
10-22-2012, 07:49 AM
I think he was talking about if this is your first battle of the day or something, and the opponent lags out, you don't get 10 empire coins.
Well then That does suck. But sadly, I can't test that.

DragonFrost
10-22-2012, 03:00 PM
I cant exactly "test" it either, but i know that if the opponent lags out, you dont get them, because it's happened to me plenty too.

GuardianZen
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the support. To be honest, I just had my sorry behind handed to me by someone when I used this. Maybe I should've listened to my own tip and make a better strategy. XD

DragonFrost
10-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the support. To be honest, I just had my sorry behind handed to me by someone when I used this. Maybe I should've listened to my own tip and make a better strategy. XD

XD Maybe add a few archers? And build 2 miner walls in front of the middle tower. Leave a miner there to keep building walls when they break. Just in case their army is really big Lol.

GuardianZen
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Actually, I usually do that with Giants

Reiniat
10-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Your strategy has one HUGE MISTAKE, and now everybody is using it!! (easy wins for me!).
(i will obviously not post it)

DragonFrost
10-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Your strategy has one HUGE MISTAKE, and now everybody is using it!! (easy wins for me!).

But if there is a huge mistake, why is everyone using this strategy (or so you say)?
Well one flaw is if the opponent decides to attack and kills your swordsman (at the start).

GuardianZen
10-25-2012, 07:23 AM

This strategy is a really basic foundation to build off of. It's more of a suggestion than an actual strategy to build off of. Obviously, it's not the best, and I never intended for it to get popular. Plus, I had built a lot more onto my strategy after I made this, but I wanted to save my new strategic additions for when I have more criticism and solid ideas how to improve it.

GuardianZen
10-25-2012, 10:51 PM
UPDATE: The original guide is now lost to Cyber Space, because I'm totally revising it. Of you could, post stuff about different combinations for using you starting gold. I'd appreciate the extra help. Plus, COMMENT ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD HELP! Even criticism!

xzibit258
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
yes while working on getting gold seems the most important but you must remember that keeping the enemy from making gold is just as easily as important.