PDA

View Full Version : My general strategy against order

jerrytt
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Early game

When the game starts buy 2 miners and one swordwrath. send the sword wrath out to the middle tower as soon as its built and set the miners to gold.
if...
They send a swordwrath
fight the enemy with your sword wrath until you have about 1/4 hp left. Then, garrison your swordwrath. By this time, your first two miners should be done and you should have 350 gold. Use this to buy an archer. After your swordwrath is at about half health, send him back out to kill the enemys swordwrath. send both units out to harass the enemy's miners and force him to retreat. Keep a safe distance from their base so that you can leave quickly if they get a castle archer. Once they get an archer, back up to the tower.

They send two swordwraths
Fight the swordwraths until you have about 1/3 health left, then garrison. Get an archer with the gold you have left. Send out the archer to attack the two swordwraths. wait until they have covered about half the distance and then kite the enemy.(Kiting is where you are running back with your archer and turning to shoot when the bow is full drawn, then running back again.) The reason you should let them cover half the distance is that If they see your kiting and they decide to retreat, you can still attack them for awhile. If they decide not to retreat, and they are still chasing your archer, send your swordwrath back out to finish them off.

They send a swordwrath and an archer
If you see them with a swordwrath and an archer, dont bother engaging them, just set your swordwrath to defense. Buy an archer as soon as possible. Buy another archer when you have enough gold, then attack their position. Chances are, you will outnumber them because of their slower economy. Try to position your archer so that they can attack the enemy archer without the shots getting blocked by their swordwrath. chances are, your swordwrath will die as will their archer, and you can simply kite their swordwrath. If things do not go your way, garrison your archers and buy a castle archer if they attack or an archer if they keep their position.Do not let any of your archers die. Your swordwrath,however is expendable. The key to early game domination is to keep as many units as possible alive so that you can outnumber them.

If they send an archer
Treat this the same as if they have a swordwrath and archer.

They send a spearton
This is trouble, but not impossible to counter. If they are building up mana for a spearton then terrorize their miners and try to stall them for as long as possible, while you try to build up your forces. You should be able to make two archers by the time their spearton comes out. Kite their spearton constantly, and if they are not deterred by the time you get to your base, build a castle archer and garrison your miners. Harass the spearton with your archers as he tries to destroy your statue. Eventually he will die probably taking 1/10th of your castle health with him.

Tips on kiting
Remember that on large maps archers can practically take out any number of swordwrath.
Kiting becomes less effective with greater lag, as the response time slows down and the enemy can cover more distance with every shot.
When kiting swordwrath, allow them to cover half the distance before kiting. This has a slight psychological effect, tempting them to pursue you longer, as well as allowing you more shots in should they choose to run.
When archers are shooting at fleeing targets, they tend to stand still as they draw/aim. This usually ends with you only getting about 2 shots in their back. To counter this effect, chase The enemy while you reload, and shoot them when done reloading, and chase them again. This will allow you to constantly shoot at them on the way back to their base.

jerrytt
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Held

300noob
11-02-2012, 02:08 AM
what if they kite ya swordwrath?
i used to beat up 3 swordwarths with 1 single archer, he instandly quit the game. :D
and another time i beat 1 archer and 1 swordwarth with also 1 archer he got bad economy and losing from there.

jerrytt
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
If they have an archer then you should set your swordwrath on defense. Not many people know about kiting but i still assume that they do.(Or mabye i never put my units in a position where they can kite :p) If they continue to follow you then garrison your swordwrath. They will then either attack your miners or withdraw. If they attack your miners then wait for the archer to finish, then attack them. chances are, you will have the advantage of a few shots/hits before they react.

EpicRice
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
How do you counter shadowraths? Those guys seem to murder me alot.

jerrytt
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
If you've done the above then you should have the center. Research miner wall and send a miner to the center to make walls in front of the tower. Keep him there at hold mode behind both walls to make new ones should they get destroyed. Keep in mind that it takes two assassinations to destroy a wall. Spam archers and use the tips on kiting above to kill any shadow wrath that gets too close. especially "When archers are shooting at fleeing targets, they tend to stand still as they draw/aim. This usually ends with you only getting about 2 shots in their back. To counter this effect, chase The enemy while you reload, and shoot them when done reloading, and chase them again. This will allow you to constantly shoot at them on the way back to their base."

If the enemy used the early shadow tactic, you should harass the enemy miners to slow down their economy. but keep in mind that a shadow wrath can kill an archer in 3 hits. However, due to a better economy, you should be able to get 2 archers+castle by the time they send out their shadowrath.

EhMeD_Emer
11-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Good strategy but i tend to retreat when they send forces. ( obviously i will get the centre back later)

Bladed Fire
11-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Some people have a strategy that make a number of Shadowraths and send them in time to destroy my weaker unit, meric and magikill, this also affect my economy.I think the best way to encounter shadowraths is to build up miner wall or use allbowtross with blazing bolts and build a miner wall at your economy place and put your weaker units or spellcasters in there. One word, shadowrath is sneaky as same as Crawlers.

jerrytt
11-25-2012, 10:34 AM
I find that Albatrosses tend to miss alot when shooting at faster units, such as shadowwrath. I prefer archers because they are faster and dont miss. Using walls would have the same effect as albatrosses, seeing as both prevent them from attacking you.

xzibit258
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
In the first one you don't have to buy two miners and one swordwrath simply buy one miner two swordwraths dont worry if the enemy gets the middle tower if he does he will most likely focus on getting a good economy going from the start you then can build a archidon and attack or save up spearton.

xzibit258
11-25-2012, 06:08 PM
why dont you just go take the central tower for like two seconds when its unattended to stop them from spawning

jerrytt
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
even in small maps, using some time to take the tower usually gives him time to buy that castle archer or send out that spearton that makes it impossible to attack him further.

xzibit258
11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
you only need to second to move the red bar back some and a castle archer is not going to cross map kill you if your on your side of the tower

Bladed Fire
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
even in small maps, using some time to take the tower usually gives him time to buy that castle archer or send out that spearton that makes it impossible to attack him further.

But conquering the tower doesn't affect your economy.

jerrytt
11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
you only need to second to move the red bar back some and a castle archer is not going to cross map kill you if your on your side of the tower

When he sends out no troops there are basically two possibilities, 1, that he is doing pure economy, or 2, he is saving up for a early spearton. If he is doing pure eco, then the best response is to sabotage that as much as possible to balance things out. Waiting to capture the tower usually gives him enough time to finish the tower upgrade, which then prevents you from further attacking him. If he is going for a spearton, then taking out 1 of his two miners would seriously slow him down. Of course, If this is a really large map then capturing the tower or not, you wont be able to get to his miners before his upgrade/purchase finish so i guess you do have a point, but i never said his archer was going to snipe at you from across the map, i just said the archer would make it impossible to attack..

xzibit258
11-28-2012, 05:45 PM
lol your not getting it you dont attack you simply stand at the tower for two seconds and that is very short compared to the time it takes to make a archer or spearton
and if your feling bold enough stay at the tower and conquer it

uberman
12-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Early game

When the game starts buy 2 miners and one swordwrath. send the sword wrath out to the middle tower as soon as its built and set the miners to gold.
if...
They send a swordwrath
fight the enemy with your sword wrath until you have about 1/4 hp left. Then, garrison your swordwrath. By this time, your first two miners should be done and you should have 350 gold. Use this to buy an archer. After your swordwrath is at about half health, send him back out to kill the enemys swordwrath. send both units out to harass the enemy's miners and force him to retreat. Keep a safe distance from their base so that you can leave quickly if they get a castle archer. Once they get an archer, back up to the tower.

They send two swordwraths
Fight the swordwraths until you have about 1/3 health left, then garrison. Get an archer with the gold you have left. Send out the archer to attack the two swordwraths. wait until they have covered about half the distance and then kite the enemy.(Kiting is where you are running back with your archer and turning to shoot when the bow is full drawn, then running back again.) The reason you should let them cover half the distance is that If they see your kiting and they decide to retreat, you can still attack them for awhile. If they decide not to retreat, and they are still chasing your archer, send your swordwrath back out to finish them off.

They send a swordwrath and an archer
If you see them with a swordwrath and an archer, dont bother engaging them, just set your swordwrath to defense. Buy an archer as soon as possible. Buy another archer when you have enough gold, then attack their position. Chances are, you will outnumber them because of their slower economy. Try to position your archer so that they can attack the enemy archer without the shots getting blocked by their swordwrath. chances are, your swordwrath will die as will their archer, and you can simply kite their swordwrath. If things do not go your way, garrison your archers and buy a castle archer if they attack or an archer if they keep their position.Do not let any of your archers die. Your swordwrath,however is expendable. The key to early game domination is to keep as many units as possible alive so that you can outnumber them.

If they send an archer
Treat this the same as if they have a swordwrath and archer.

They send a spearton
This is trouble, but not impossible to counter. If they are building up mana for a spearton then terrorize their miners and try to stall them for as long as possible, while you try to build up your forces. You should be able to make two archers by the time their spearton comes out. Kite their spearton constantly, and if they are not deterred by the time you get to your base, build a castle archer and garrison your miners. Harass the spearton with your archers as he tries to destroy your statue. Eventually he will die probably taking 1/10th of your castle health with him.

Tips on kiting
Remember that on large maps archers can practically take out any number of swordwrath.
Kiting becomes less effective with greater lag, as the response time slows down and the enemy can cover more distance with every shot.
When kiting swordwrath, allow them to cover half the distance before kiting. This has a slight psychological effect, tempting them to pursue you longer, as well as allowing you more shots in should they choose to run.
When archers are shooting at fleeing targets, they tend to stand still as they draw/aim. This usually ends with you only getting about 2 shots in their back. To counter this effect, chase The enemy while you reload, and shoot them when done reloading, and chase them again. This will allow you to constantly shoot at them on the way back to their base.

Great advice, Thanks.

Would you do a similar post for the next stage?

I have played about 100 games, started off really well (75%+ wins) but now my rating has hit 1500 I am not doing as well against better opponents. About 60% wins now.
In my early career I set up economy, built gaints.
But that doesnt cut it against better opponents. I see it called the noobie strategy :)

At the moment, I try grab and hold the tower - this gets a better economy to fund the units - it seems to be the essential key to winning.

Anyway, I am not trying to tell you how to do it, just showing my current limited understanding so maybe you can guide me to the next step or two.
Thanks.

Alfgha
12-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I usually use archers protected by the swordwraths. When the Shadowwraths reappear from cloak, the archers will murder the Shadowwraths while the Shadowwraths are busy killing off my Swordsmen or speartons. Usually, I use 1 swordsmen to protect 2 archers. Or 1 spearton for 4 archers. This depends on how many Shadowwraths your opponent has. Another strategy I found out is to also use the Migikill to explode the shadowwraths (this works even when the ninjas are cloaked). I hope this helps you alot!

Panki
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I usually use archers protected by the swordwraths. When the Shadowwraths reappear from cloak, the archers will murder the Shadowwraths while the Shadowwraths are busy killing off my Swordsmen or speartons. Usually, I use 1 swordsmen to protect 2 archers. Or 1 spearton for 4 archers. This depends on how many Shadowwraths your opponent has. Another strategy I found out is to also use the Migikill to explode the shadowwraths (this works even when the ninjas are cloaked). I hope this helps you alot!
The shadowrath can just run past your swordwraths and go for your archers, and I don't think explosions work on ninjas when cloaked.

jerrytt
12-27-2012, 09:21 PM
The shadowrath can just run past your swordwraths and go for your archers, and I don't think explosions work on ninjas when cloaked.

Explosions (and all aoe spells) affect cloaked shadowwrath. And walls are alot better than swordwrath at protecting archidons.