PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Thread

Tecness2
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
If you would like to make a challenge, or are up for a challenge, post here. Challenges will be un-ranked games, and require you to add the person you're challenging.

Current People Awaiting Challenges:

Tecness Vs FrozenFury

FROZENFURY! WHAT IS YOUR CODE! I challenge you!

FrozenFury3
10-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey sorry didnt see you write it, first time using forums, i got no idea how it works, haha. Uhmm FrozenFury - 634 and FrozenFury2 - 003
Im looking forward to our match. :D

MiamiBigAL
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
I challenge everyone and anyone in the top 20, just b/c I am fed up with playing mismatch games and I'm getting really bored now. ID 310.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I challenge everyone and anyone in the top 20, just b/c I am fed up with playing mismatch games and I'm getting really bored now. ID 310.
Play about 100 more games, then come back :p

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Meaning what? Erm...you're below me in rank.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Meaning what? Erm...you're below me in rank.
No I'm not. I was about 30 points ahead of you in rank. Misclicked and closed the window, giving me a loss. Anyways, I'm once again, ahead of you in rank.

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Nope, you're not. And even if you were, I don't see how that gives you the right to trash talk.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Nope, you're not. And even if you were, I don't see how that gives you the right to trash talk.
Look again. And it's not so much as trash talk, as it is "friendly" advice.

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Nope. It's trash talk. And I'm still looking down at you from the top of the food chain.

m0ntana
11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Actually Tec, you are rank 8 and he is rank 7.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Nope. It's trash talk. And I'm still looking down at you from the top of the food chain.
Top of the food chain eh? Could of sworn that was Kilean, who I've beaten.
Lets check some stats, shall we?
Kilean, over 325 games. First place*
Froze, Total of over 400 games. Would be in first if it wasn't over two accounts. **
Captain, over 140.
Buddy, almost 500.*
Crims, over 200.*
Myself, over 200.
You, under 100.

See a pattern here? The friendly advice is, don't bite off more than you can chew. Which is exactly, what you're trying to do.
* = People I've beaten
** = People I plan to beat,

Actually Tec, you are rank 8 and he is rank 7.
Check it. You'll find, I'm rank 7 again.

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Number of games won is a measure of how good you are? Strange metric there. How about winning percentage, which I have you by a lot, AND I've only played this game for just over a week and I'm pretty much the same rank as you. That says a lot...

Given the very odd matchmaking system, I wouldn't rely on stats as an indicator of much anyway.

I'm also not even very good at this game as I am still learning, but there's no need to make personal attacks on me because of some insecurity on your part. If you haven't played me, you shouldn't be judging me based purely on the fact that I haven't played 100 games yet. That comes across as extremely arrogant and patronising.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Number of games won is a measure of how good you are? Strange metric there. How about winning percentage, which I have you by a lot, AND I've only played this game for just over a week and I'm pretty much the same rank as you. That says a lot...

Given the very odd matchmaking system, I wouldn't rely on stats as an indicator of much anyway.

I'm also not even very good at this game as I am still learning, but there's no need to make personal attacks on me because of some insecurity on your part. If you haven't played me, you shouldn't be judging me based purely on the fact that I haven't played 100 games yet. That comes across as extremely arrogant and patronising.
I never made a personal attack on you. You took it personal. I just gave you some "friendly" advice. Now, it's personal. I hear you lost to FrozenFury in under a minute. Congratulations! Granted, I lost all 3 games against him, they were fun. The last one was byfar the closest, but I was lagging so whenever I did anything, it was several seconds late.
Also, arrogant.
Arrogant:Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
You just tried to challenge everyone in the top 20. Who's arrogant now?

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I was chatting to frozenfury when the game started. I wasn't even playing.

I didn't take it personal, you were just plain patronising. Telling me to come back after playing 100 games is pretty much in-my-face arrogant. And now you're (1) bragging, (2) making excuses, and (3) attacking me again.

I challenged everyone in the top 20 to get a good game. I did it so people would give me their IDs, or challenge me, in order to get GOOD games that this matchmaking system does not achieve. I think if I'm rank 7 it is not too arrogant to challenge people within a few ranks of me (including below me). There's a big difference between challenging someone (like me) rather than claiming (like you) that you're better than everyone else.

Panki
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
What I'm thinking is that you're taking things WAY too damn seriously. He wasn't giving you "friendly advice". He was obviously joking, but you took it personal and now you've started an argument that's just as immature as 5-year-olds fighting over a ball.

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I didn't take it personal at all. I just call it how it is :-)

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 06:52 PM
What I'm thinking is that you're taking things WAY too damn seriously. He wasn't giving you "friendly advice". He was obviously joking, but you took it personal and now you've started an argument that's just as immature as 5-year-olds fighting over a ball.
Good old Panki.

I was chatting to frozenfury when the game started. I wasn't even playing.

I didn't take it personal, you were just plain patronising. Telling me to come back after playing 100 games is pretty much in-my-face arrogant. And now you're (1) bragging, (2) making excuses, and (3) attacking me again.

I challenged everyone in the top 20 to get a good game. I did it so people would give me their IDs, or challenge me, in order to get GOOD games that this matchmaking system does not achieve. I think if I'm rank 7 it is not too arrogant to challenge people within a few ranks of me (including below me). There's a big difference between challenging someone (like me) rather than claiming (like you) that you're better than everyone else.

I didn't take it personal at all. I just call it how it is :-)
Several things. Rank 8* You took it personally, don't lie. If I was going to patronize you, I'd say "go get some skill, then come back." If you want, I COULD be in your face arrogant. As I told Frozen, I have somewhat of an Ego. It's not really bragging, when I said that I too, lost. Maybe you need to go back to gradeschool to learn the definitions of the words you're using. NOW, I'm patronizing you. You challenged everyone in the top 20, because you thought you could beat them. Also, not once have I ever claimed, that I'm better than everyone else. Right now, I'm just saying I'm better than you.

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Panki, I rest my case :rolleyes:

Panki
11-01-2012, 06:58 PM
:P

12 year old saves the day

MiamiBigAL
11-01-2012, 07:01 PM
lol yes.

Excuse me, but I'm on my way to gradeschool now. I'll definitely be back awaiting another bag of laughs though, so keep em coming :)

Dracus94
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Great, now that that's settled... Have you ever tried rushing with 5 miners? It 's kinda fun.

Luzoto
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Great, now that that's settled... Have you ever tried rushing with 5 miners? It 's kinda fun.

Wouldn't that get you killed in seconds? Even at the earliest time, when you have five miners, the speed that they run at is ridiculously slow. Their attack is equally absurd in comparison to the swordswrath, bowmen (castle archers and archidon), and speartons the enemy probably has with the extra time he's gotten to spend money. Or am I taking this too seriously.

Also, to Tec and Miami, this forum has a private message system for a reason. Keep your arguments out of public, you're here for challenges. Or, even better, you guys should just fight each other on Stick Empires 2 out of 3 to see who's better...I mean, this is a thread about challenges, right? =P

jerrytt
11-02-2012, 12:50 PM
+1^

Tecness2
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Okay! After several...(more than 9) attempts. I have beaten FrozenFury twice! :D I'm happy about those numbers :p