PDA

View Full Version : Tower Spawn Suggestion.

Tecness2
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Okay, this suggestion is to add two more towers, on the big green map (can't remember it's name). One 1/4 the way for each side. This would give a passive of 5 gold, while the middle would give a passive of 15, instead of 20. Those spawns in in-front of the base, would also be weaker. Their original spawn would be a Swordwrath (even for chaos) and the second spawn would be the Juggerknight/Spearton, while the middle spawns would remain the same. With that being said, it would be cool to have an option (like the dead's poison) at the gold upgrade, which turns tower spawns off. Now, I've heard several people complain about, if they don't have the tower, they lose. So, I started thinking, how to balance this more in the defender's favor? Make the spawns cost mana. For example, the Spearton/Juggerknight spawn would cost 100 mana each time it's used, and the Giant would cost 250. Not enough to bankrupt someone of mana, just enough for it to be slightly noticeable.

A second suggestion, is too add a THIRD upgrade. The first upgrade, would spawn a swordwrath(for both sides) and second would be Spearton/Juggerknight and the last would be a Giant as normal. The first one would be 200 Gold and 75 mana.

Just a thought.

300noob
11-01-2012, 11:38 PM
uhm 2 towers is fine for me but costing 100-250 mana? ya serious? i can't even build up my speartons, flying crossbowmen and upgrades and other stuff even with 6 miners on mana.

Tecness2
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
How about, 25 & 75 mana than?

TheFighterz
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
My suggestion would be that the tower spawn is 75 mana per use or the spawn moves slightly slower or has less health, so the defending side has a chance. The tower spawn isn't necessary, but easily shows that it has the potential to dominate the enemy, even with tower spawns.

bluerinse
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Also, make the upgrades cost more.
1st Upgrade (swordwrath) - 600 gold, since there's a really high chance (certain chance, really) that the person is going to use the spawn multiple times.
2nd Upgrade (spearton) - 1500 gold, since that would equal a little more than 3 speartons.
3rd Upgrage (E-giant) - 3000 gold, that would equal 2 giants already!

If adding the 2 additional towers, then the small towers will spawn

1st upgrade: The little minion thingies that magikill spawned in Stick War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2JCA0Cwko0w
The video is not mine. It just shows the minion guys.

2nd upgrade: Clubmen from stick war.
3rd upgrade: The native dudes from stick war.
(Both are shown below)
http://static2.spilcdn.com/tw/cimg/thumbnails/200X120/1/5/146315/20090831132733_Stick-Wars.jpg

300noob
11-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Also, make the upgrades cost more.
1st Upgrade (swordwrath) - 600 gold, since there's a really high chance (certain chance, really) that the person is going to use the spawn multiple times.
2nd Upgrade (spearton) - 1500 gold, since that would equal a little more than 3 speartons.
3rd Upgrage (E-giant) - 3000 gold, that would equal 2 giants already!

If adding the 2 additional towers, then the small towers will spawn

1st upgrade: The little minion thingies that magikill spawned in Stick War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2JCA0Cwko0w
The video is not mine. It just shows the minion guys.

2nd upgrade: Clubmen from stick war.
3rd upgrade: The native dudes from stick war.
(Both are shown below)
http://static2.spilcdn.com/tw/cimg/thumbnails/200X120/1/5/146315/20090831132733_Stick-Wars.jpg
uhm, i don't see the point of paying mana each spawn from tower just to get a unit that won't survive until they at least reach a miner when under 2 castle archer attack

Dracus94
11-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Tower spawn should cost mana. I'm not too sure about Bluerinse's idea.
The spawned ghost units should have slightly nerfed damage/health too, imo

Stickman704
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I say that the ghost only attack units and not the statue. Also the order of the spawned units stay the same I mean you know how annoying it is when your opponent has the tower and tower spawn. I do think that the time it takes to spawn a unit take a bit longer and that spawning a spearton ghost should cost 75-100 mana or somthing each, and a giant ghost should cost about 300-500 mana each. Just a suggestion.

RUMMAKER
11-06-2012, 07:23 PM
no one will get tower spawn since its gona become a liability if they cost that much.

Tecness2
11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
no one will get tower spawn since its gona become a liability if they cost that much.
You can turn one tower off or on. So, if you have 2/3 of the towers, but only want one to spawn, turn the other one off. Plus, with 5-6 miners, you have plenty of income (except when heavily pressured, but if you have the tower, you won't have heavy pressure on you. You'll be the one doing the heavy pressure)

Most of my suggestions are from the losing person's point of view, ways to balance it out, so they have a better chance of making a push, because as it is currently, if you get the tower, you'll get a massive lead in the way of economy, scouting, defensive, and offensive value.

Dracus94
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Tower spawn isn't being used as much, but a way to ease the pressure would be nice, which I'm guessing is what the other two towers are for?
And I'm pretty sure no one uses tower spawn to destroy a statue.

300noob
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
how about just 2 towers on big maps, no third tower at the middle, that will give some nice balance
not sure about that since it will be just like no tower spawn at all though.