PDA

View Full Version : James Moer Tower part.

New Generation
05-12-2008, 10:21 AM
My part of the Tower Ascent collaboration.

http://antiup.net/view.php?id=29116654282JamesMoerTower.swf

Haven't added all the sounds yet, haven't smoothed up the stick figures and haven't added a few frames where necessary. There is no blood too, lazy :P

C&C

Tolin
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
It was too much "What should I do next?" animating. Always looking around.
But you have gotten better. Things that could use some work is the start and second time he got up.
I didn't understood the start, and he didn't used his arms to get up second time. It looked a little unnatural.
I liked the climb in the end..

New Generation
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes I thought that too. The second jump was bad, I know. I was lazy :P

He used his arms to jump up, he bend his torso to fit in the gap.

Yes I liked the climb at the end too, :D

-Hawk-
05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Unfinished... pretty good...

Omega
05-12-2008, 04:43 PM
The blur was bad.
Smooth though.
Don't over ease your movements.
Work on those jumps.
Draw stickfigures better.

That pretty much clears things up.

Practice. I suggest you abandon this project and get to work on something else.

Sawc
05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
A little stiff, in my opinion. Don't be afraid to exagerate the movements a little.

New Generation
05-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, RC said it had to be realistic(good physics. :/)

I over eased my movements? that can't be? I always not ease them properly, :O

That is not my style of stick figures so don't worry, It was a rule so use a plain black stick figure. Okay I will exaggerate the movements in my own animations. but when it comes to physics. realistic ones, you need a human form of jumping and reactions, hard, >:X

mraznbuddy
05-13-2008, 01:44 AM
:\ no offense but the color of the stick wouldn't change your skill.

You just need to watch how you redraw every frame. don't draw parts of the body going in the opposite direction(overlapping) the last frame. Not sure if you can understand that, just practice and the wobbliness will disappear. And take your time animating, you'll see a great improvement in you skills.

also watch out for resizing.

I just liked how the stick figure looked when it stands up for the first time. lol

Omega
05-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Well, RC said it had to be realistic(good physics. :/)

I over eased my movements? that can't be? I always not ease them properly, :O

That is not my style of stick figures so don't worry, It was a rule so use a plain black stick figure. Okay I will exaggerate the movements in my own animations. but when it comes to physics. realistic ones, you need a human form of jumping and reactions, hard, >:X

No, you didn't over ease the movements. However, you keep mentioning easing all the time and I don't want you to ease them too much; it'll make them stiff.

And you have to practice to get physics right.

the afro ninja
05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice obstacle Ascent, its pretty cool. The animation looked good IMO.

Soul Eater
05-14-2008, 06:37 PM
yeah there were definatly some problems but even though the collab died i think this is worth finishing. the obstacles where awesome btw