PDA

View Full Version : Proposal For Castle Archers Being OP.

Tecness2
11-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Nerf their range to cover miners at the first four gold mines. Have an upgrade, that's around 750 gold, that increases their range, to cover the rest of the gold mines too.

TheFighterz
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Castle Archers should get a thrid upgrade for 1000 that should cover the middle tower.

Great idea OP :D

petmuju
11-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Castle Archers should get a thrid upgrade for 1000 that should cover the middle tower.

Great idea OP :D

NO! :K

FrozenFury3
11-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Personally i think the Castle archer is perfect, trust me when your the one defending youd wish they were that strong, its good against people who spam crawlers, since its got the AOE damage. So i rekon its fine :)

Tecness2
11-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Personally i think the Castle archer is perfect, trust me when your the one defending youd wish they were that strong, its good against people who spam crawlers, since its got the AOE damage. So i rekon its fine :)
It would still be that strong, have AOE, etc. It would just only cover, 4/8 gold mines, when not upgraded. When you need to start using the other 4 gold mines, you get the archer upgrade. This would help the problem for people just going "Miner, castle archer, miner, miner, castle archer, etc"

300noob
11-06-2012, 06:15 AM
It would still be that strong, have AOE, etc. It would just only cover, 4/8 gold mines, when not upgraded. When you need to start using the other 4 gold mines, you get the archer upgrade. This would help the problem for people just going "Miner, castle archer, miner, miner, castle archer, etc"
uh personally, castle archer, miner, miner, miner strategy doesn't work very well, i beat the light out of them....since i know they have low on army and maybe also low on early economy, plus, some archers and swordwrath can defeat that miner miner miner castle archer thing.
and why would we pay more for somthing it worth? we pay like 300 for a castle archer then 400 then 500 total cost is about 1200, more than 3 regular archer(1050) so they must be stronger.
and again, personally, i don't use castle archer much for early defense, i usually use regular swordwrath and archer for that duty and since i know they can still damage my economy even with castle archers when killing 1-2 of my miners before run off, kill 1 or 2 maybe not much but it cause delay which is very crucial in the early game, i can also sometimes rush and cause some damage to the enemy not much but it can ensure ya win or lose chance.
inother words, the castle archer is fine.

Stickman704
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I think that the castle archer is fine also, because it is basically a way to defend your statue and miners early in the game. If your miners are getting harassed and you have about no economy because of that, you obviously need something to defend your miners and keep the enemy at a distance early on, so your army can build up. If your opponent goes "Miner, castle archer, miner, miner, castle archer, etc" as said by Tecness2, you can just send about 4 or 5 speartons and possibly kill all his/her miners and destroy his/her economy for as long as your speartons live, and destroy most of you opponents statue. The rest you can just your army (if you don't have one yet make it) and destroy the rest of his statue and win. Really castle archers are not as OP as people say they are, I mean it's not like a army repellent. If you primarily invest on castle archer early, great well now you have a very low economy and your army isn't going to be that legit and your chances of victory is low. Investing on 1 or 2 castle archers will be like, okay my miners won't be harassed and now I can make a super legit army and win.

Ninjastripy
11-06-2012, 11:59 AM
uh personally, castle archer, miner, miner, miner strategy doesn't work very well, i beat the light out of them....since i know they have low on army and maybe also low on early economy, plus, some archers and swordwrath can defeat that miner miner miner castle archer thing.
and why would we pay more for somthing it worth? we pay like 300 for a castle archer then 400 then 500 total cost is about 1200, more than 3 regular archer(1050) so they must be stronger.
and again, personally, i don't use castle archer much for early defense, i usually use regular swordwrath and archer for that duty and since i know they can still damage my economy even with castle archers when killing 1-2 of my miners before run off, kill 1 or 2 maybe not much but it cause delay which is very crucial in the early game, i can also sometimes rush and cause some damage to the enemy not much but it can ensure ya win or lose chance.
inother words, the castle archer is fine.

what are you trying to say i don't even understand what you mean you talk in long run on sentences here in real life too no? plus it's important for you to make more sense when you try to talk because ya know of course you would probably want many more people, like more than 3 ya know to understand, what you are trying to tell them/say to them right? maybe if you went more to school and worked more on ya grammar then you would be able to make more people get to what you're trying to say of course. so in other words, please do try to make sense in your posts.

Dracus94
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I get annoyed when the other person gets three castle archers. I'm forced to have to wait longer to get a larger army before I win.
I say increase the research time, because you can get an archer out pretty quickly against a rush.
The range is a bit too large, but I don't exactly like the idea of having an archidon attack my miners and my castle archer not fighting back.

@Ninjastripy, sure his grammar might be lacking, but keep the thread on topic please :P

CRAZY JAY
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
The reason we have the castle archers range the way it is with splash damage, is really to solve the issue of mass swordwrath and mass crawlers (chaos have bombers for splash early) early on being too easy of a strat to win. However toward the end game when you have to mine that second patch of gold, you should have your own army to protect you and could you imagine the range to hit a archer from your castle to outside your second patch of gold thats basically past the middle point in some maps.

Tecness2
11-06-2012, 04:01 PM
The reason we have the castle archers range the way it is with splash damage, is really to solve the issue of mass swordwrath and mass crawlers (chaos have bombers for splash early) early on being too easy of a strat to win. However toward the end game when you have to mine that second patch of gold, you should have your own army to protect you and could you imagine the range to hit a archer from your castle to outside your second patch of gold thats basically past the middle point in some maps.
I know. That's what this idea was about. The ONLY thing that would change, would the range would nerfed, without the upgrade. Therefore, early game, it still protects the statue, the original four gold mines and the miners on it. Late game, if you want to get the upgrade to protect your miners at the second four, get this upgrade, and the range increases to what is currently is now.

MiamiBigAL
11-06-2012, 04:51 PM
The problem with your argument is that the miners at the first patch of gold are actually protected BECAUSE the range is long. If it wasn't, everyone would just attack, kill a miner, and easily escape the range of the archers to heal and rinse and repeat.

Tecness2
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
The problem with your argument is that the miners at the first patch of gold are actually protected BECAUSE the range is long. If it wasn't, everyone would just attack, kill a miner, and easily escape the range of the archers to heal and rinse and repeat.
It's not a problem. By the time your opponent has the units to do that, you should have a unit or two to help defend.

because like I said Miner, Miner, Miner, Miner, Miner, Castle archer, Miner, Miner, Miner. is not how the game is intended.You can currently do that now, and only start to fear when the opponent gets a spearton.

RUMMAKER
11-06-2012, 07:18 PM
the only complaint i have about castle archers is to change their model so they look like a cannon instead.
I mean they do splash ... how does arrow do splash wtf.

Dracus94
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
@Runmaker It's an explosive arrow?
Having a range upgrade that could protect the other four gold patches would be op as heck. Unless that's not what you meant...

300noob
11-07-2012, 04:20 AM
what are you trying to say i don't even understand what you mean you talk in long run on sentences here in real life too no? plus it's important for you to make more sense when you try to talk because ya know of course you would probably want many more people, like more than 3 ya know to understand, what you are trying to tell them/say to them right? maybe if you went more to school and worked more on ya grammar then you would be able to make more people get to what you're trying to say of course. so in other words, please do try to make sense in your posts.
uh...dude, i didn't say im good at english,
and well ya being rude
again, those words might not be easy for YOU to understand
now quit insulting people with ya not so good english mate.

kidinvisible
11-07-2012, 05:05 AM
we pay like 300 for a castle archer then 400 then 500 total cost is about 1200, more than 3 regular archer(1050) so they must be stronger.
We pay more because They can't die

TheFighterz
11-07-2012, 09:24 AM
We pay more because They can't die

300 is right though. Where it takes 4-5 archer arrows to kill an enemy archidon, took merely 2-3 from a castle archer.

RUMMAKER
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
If u reduce the range then archers can kill miners while staying out of range. Make it so flying archers can take out castle archers. And I'm serious about the model(can have different cannon model in the armoury)

MiamiBigAL
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Took the words out of my mouth rummaker.

I can make 1 archer off the bat and kill all your miners if you reduce castle archer range.

Tecness2
11-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Took the words out of my mouth rummaker.

I can make 1 archer off the bat and kill all your miners if you reduce castle archer range.
Good. If you decide to just go full eco at the beginning of the game, if your enemy goes fast assault, the full eco should lose a few miners, not "LOL! CASTLEARCHER! NO KILL MY MINERS! HAHA"

Imagine it in terms of starcraft 2. The zerg do a standard build, get the overlord, get your 6 zerglings, etc. When they attack, (not a 6-pool or anything) the terran army has no units. HE SHOULD and IS going to lose SCV's. He's not going to get an instant planetary fortress and be like "LOL! NO ZERGLINGS"

Dracus94
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you can run in with some archers and hit some miners, run out taking minimal damage, and have some merics to heal you up if you did get hit. I kind of agree with Runmaker about the whole castle archer not being able to defend against archidons. Though I wouldn't protest against a slight range nerf (about where the second gold patches start).

300noob
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Well. so far, i don't have castle archers in my strategies so i don't concern about them anymore.

Tecness2
11-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Well. so far, i don't have castle archers in my strategies so i don't concern about them anymore.
And that's why, you're trying to get into the top 40, while I'm trying to get into the top 4.

300noob
11-08-2012, 07:16 AM
And that's why, you're trying to get into the top 40, while I'm trying to get into the top 4.

Actually, i'm trying to get to top 30, because i already at top 40...but that's not easy.
Keep having to fight with more and more experienced players.
But still keep my win ratio ~3.5:1
Again, not easy.

Tecness2
11-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Actually, i'm trying to get to top 30, because i already at top 40...but that's not easy.
Keep having to fight with more and more experienced players.
But still keep my win ratio ~3.5:1
Again, not easy.
Eh, I got into the top 15 with order, and experienced nothing but giant massers. It is, in-fact, easy. Also, top 40 means you're below 40(when it comes to leaderboards), you're currently, 45th.

300noob
11-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Eh, I got into the top 15 with order, and experienced nothing but giant massers. It is, in-fact, easy. Also, top 40 means you're below 40(when it comes to leaderboards), you're currently, 45th.
well i could got pushed down because im not always online.
i know giants massers could be counter but its not easy to keep the economy up with the army, i beat a few giants massers before,i know.
the problem with giants massers i see is they don't just spawn giants, they spawn mages and merics and "speartons and swordwraths and maybe some archer or flying crossbowmen(depend which they will spawn)" along the way, there's one time i beat a giant massers with nothing but speartons and archers, 12 of them, i laught really hard when i beat giants with regular archers, no mage and the only meat shield is some speartons.

RUMMAKER
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
With miner health reduced u can sacrifice some army to reduce their economy. But if u reduce castle archer range then no one will build them since army will always be better.