PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Suggestions

Tecness2
11-12-2012, 09:29 PM
These are suggestions for all units that I can think need a bit of tweaking (in my opinion)

Chaos:

Miner: Could use a slight damage boost when upgraded.
Crawler: Less HP. Currently, they can stand in 3(sometimes 4) bomber blasts and still live with a bit. They should JUST BARELY live after 2.
Dead: It should get more health, but lose it's armor, and should be 300/50, as well as poison guts costing 10 mana per shot.
Skeleton Mage: It should get a third ability that does something. The range of hellfists should be a bit longer, as well as a slight damage increase. The capture time for the reaper ability, should be nerfed by a bit. It currently takes 2 skeletons to perfectly control a unit. It should take at LEAST 3. Also, this may just be a tooltip error, but the abilities cost no mana to use.
Medusa: The cooldown on the stone ability, should be increased to 900. It should get an immunity to poison. She is the master of poison after all.
Bomber: Should get a damage increase, and a speed increase.
Juggerknight: It's good where it is
Wingadon: Should have a tiny bit less health.
Giant: Should have a bit more health with a slower move speed.
Miner Tower: Damage increase and range increase, as well as a decrease in cost to 250 gold.
Castle Dead: They shouldn't have the poison ability, until it is researched(included with the normal dead's poison upgrade)

Order:

Miner: Same as Chaos.
Swordwrath: It could use an upgrade, that passively increases it's run speed and build speed. (build speed goes to 300 instead of 360 and run speed gets a 5% increase)
Archer: The flame arrows should be a toggle, like the dead's poison ability (but lose the range increase) as well as, get another ability, called "Long Shot" which has the range of the current fire arrows.
Monk: Remove this unit's "aggro radius" so it stops charging into the front lines.
Magikill: He should be Immune to be instantly killed by the Medusa's stone ability. Instead, he should be massively slowed for a good amount of time, as well as take 75% of his max health's damage. He is supposed to be the most powerful Magic User after all.
Spearton: Give it the throw spear ability, which launches a weak spear throw at a targeted enemy. So it can attack the air units(should take 6 to kill a wingadon), Or give it the ability to stab the spear towards the sky to damage air units.
Shinobi: Give it the ability to throw "Ninja Stars" which slows the target down considerably(Can be used while cloaked). Reduce the time the Shinobi can stay cloaked for.
Flying Crossbowmen: Slight range decrease with a slight damage increase towards armored units.
Enslaved Giant: Less health. It's enslaved, it hasn't been treated very nice. It's been whipped and chained and stuff.
Walls: Make it so there is a delay between killing a wall, and being able to build it again.
Castle Archer: Should do less damage than it does at the start, but when the normal flame arrow upgrade is purchased, these archers also have unlimited flame arrows.

This is all I've got for abilities/costing, AT THE TIME.
These are all my opinions, and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

300noob
11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
These are suggestions for all units that I can think need a bit of tweaking (in my opinion)

Chaos:

Miner: Could use a slight damage boost when upgraded.
Crawler: Less HP. Currently, they can stand in 3(sometimes 4) bomber blasts and still live with a bit. They should JUST BARELY live after 2.
Dead: It should get more health, but lose it's armor, and should be 300/50, as well as poison guts costing 10 mana per shot.
Skeleton Mage: It should get a third ability that does something. The range of hellfists should be a bit longer, as well as a slight damage increase. The capture time for the reaper ability, should be nerfed by a bit. It currently takes 2 skeletons to perfectly control a unit. It should take at LEAST 3. Also, this may just be a tooltip error, but the abilities cost no mana to use.
Medusa: The cooldown on the stone ability, should be increased to 900. It should get an immunity to poison. She is the master of poison after all.
Bomber: Should get a damage increase, and a speed increase.
Juggerknight: It's good where it is
Wingadon: Should have a tiny bit less health.
Giant: Should have a bit more health.
Miner Tower: Damage increase and range increase, as well as a decrease in cost to 250 gold.
Castle Dead: They shouldn't have the poison ability, until it is researched(included with the normal dead's poison upgrade)

Order:

Miner: Same as Chaos.
Swordwrath: It could use an upgrade, that passively increases it's run speed and build speed. (build speed goes to 300 instead of 360 and run speed gets a 5% increase)
Archer: The flame arrows should be a toggle, like the dead's poison ability (but lose the range increase) as well as, get another ability, called "Long Shot" which has the range of the current fire arrows.
Monk: Remove this unit's "aggro radius" so it stops charging into the front lines.
Magikill: He should be Immune to be instantly killed by the Medusa's stone ability. Instead, he should be massively slowed for a good amount of time, as well as take 75% of his max health's damage. He is supposed to be the most powerful Magic User after all.
Spearton: Give it the throw spear ability, which launches a weak spear throw at a targeted enemy. So it can attack the air units(should take 6 to kill a wingadon), Or give it the ability to stab the spear towards the sky to damage air units.
Shinobi: Give it the ability to throw "Ninja Stars" which slows the target down considerably(Can be used while cloaked). Reduce the time the Shinobi can stay cloaked for.
Flying Crossbowmen: Slight range decrease with a slight damage increase towards armored units.
Enslaved Giant: Less health. It's enslaved, it hasn't been treated very nice. It's been whipped and chained and stuff.
Walls: Make it so there is a delay between killing a wall, and being able to build it again.

This is all I've got for abilities/costing, AT THE TIME.
These are all my opinions, and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

the albowtross's range shouldn't be decrease, they already have lower range compare to the other ranged units.
chaos giants have AoD (3 units) and self healing and curing....not much but it something...order giants don't have any curing or healing and no AoD but it have range and rate of fire to make up for the lack of other stuff...
bombers, damage increase, ok but no speed increase....they're the fastest unit
about spearton's spear throwing thing...uh...give it unlimited spear or give it a sword and can pick up the spear after throwing the spear away, if the spearton can't pick up the spear after the throw, at least give it the spear when it run to garrison like in stick war.
wall...uh..kinda complicate...it can be build continously if not being destroyed but it need cool down when 1 of them destroyed? the wall is fine the way it is.

Tecness2
11-12-2012, 09:51 PM
the albowtross's range shouldn't be decrease, they already have lower range compare to the other ranged units.
chaos giants have AoD (3 units) and self healing and curing....not much but it something...order giants don't have any curing or healing and no AoD but it have range and rate of fire to make up for the lack of other stuff...
bombers, damage increase, ok but no speed increase....they're the fastest unit
about spearton's spear throwing thing...uh...give it unlimited spear or give it a sword and can pick up the spear after throwing the spear away, if the spearton can't pick up the spear after the throw, at least give it the spear when it run to garrison like in stick war.
1: Okay? So, why shouldn't if have a range decrease with a damage increase? Wasn't it meant to counter armored units + giants?
2: Chaos Giants get their face raped against Order Giants.
3: Bombers aren't the fastest. Bombers move at normal crawler speed.
4: The sword.

300noob
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
1: Okay? So, why shouldn't if have a range decrease with a damage increase? Wasn't it meant to counter armored units + giants?
2: Chaos Giants get their face raped against Order Giants.
3: Bombers aren't the fastest. Bombers move at normal crawler speed.
4: The sword.
uh... what do you mean by the sword???
well chaos giants are not mean to defeat order giants....both giants are mean to be meat shield in most armies and chaos giants can attack 3 units at a time
the albowtross already have more problem dealing with other ranged unit, just shoot and then run back and then shoot and then run back except for the deads.....but they have poison...

Tecness2
11-12-2012, 10:01 PM
uh... what do you mean by the sword???
well chaos giants are not mean to defeat order giants....both giants are mean to be meat shield in most armies and chaos giants can attack 3 units at a time
the albowtross already have more problem dealing with other ranged unit, just shoot and then run back and then shoot and then run back except for the deads.....but they have poison...
He'd throw the spear, then pull out a sword.
Chaos giants should be able to at least do a good amount of damage towards an enslaved giant in 1 vs 1. The Enslaved giant lives with like 50% hp.
They weren't meant to counter other ranged units (I believe). They were meant to counter armored units.

300noob
11-12-2012, 10:16 PM
He'd throw the spear, then pull out a sword.
Chaos giants should be able to at least do a good amount of damage towards an enslaved giant in 1 vs 1. The Enslaved giant lives with like 50% hp.
They weren't meant to counter other ranged units (I believe). They were meant to counter armored units.
yeah but in a 3 vs 3 fight, no chaos giants die...and 2 vs 2 chaos giants win

MiamiBigAL
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
You make all these "tweaks" but give no underlying logic of why they should be done.

TheFighterz
11-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Ninja stars would be nice if they did no damage, and slightly slowed them down and costed 5 gold per star. Also, what's with the demand for multi-ranged units all of a sudden?

Also;

Ninja's need more move speed, but less damage w/ Shinobi.

Archer re-load takes 50% more time while moving.

Miner Tower shouldn't get a range increase; they defend the base, not make the enemy cower at even going to the middle tower. Speaking of the middle tower, the miner wall shouldn't get past it either.

Speartons should do slightly less damage, but get one more of those little bar-things.

Either the over-head swing or jab, one of the other, should be taken out completely or configure it so that it only does one. My swordwrath shouldn't be killed by the other, while the other has half health at the end due to mine doing over-head only.

Rage should be toggled on-off, no auto-health loss, but instead 10% more damage taken while in range.

Wapiwasko master
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I like everything that tecness said in the first post expect the speartons having a ranged attack on air units.

it would be okay if speartons could throw their spear just at grounded units but
what I think is if someone has 2-3 speartons at the center then you should be able to make a Flying Crossbowmen in response
to their speartons causing he opposing player to either
retreat the speartons
or
make ranged
units this way players will have to have diversity in their starting army to be able to take on a possible Flying Crossbowmen

but this is just what I think and besides that everything sounds good.

Bladed Fire
11-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I think Spearton is good for now if you use him wisely.
Shadowrath should not increase speed because they are already fast.
Archidons can't be slower to reload because logically walking can't change the speed of upper part of body.
Miner tower should have more health and do slightly more damage. Yes, miner walls or towers SHOULD NOT build over the middle tower.
Spearton is way of defense, yes, I agree with you.
That is call slash and stab I guess, and the two attacks should be at a same speed, so this should be fixed.
Rage is more offense and less defense, I agree with your suggestions.

300noob
11-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Here's my suggestion, Albowtross death should look better, the current one look weir.
i'm imaging them falling down like helicopters or hover jets or a downed bird,

TheFighterz
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
During Shanobi, practically any unit besides Magikill and Miner can outrun the Ninja during that state.

Also, the Shadowrath should not be visable at all on the enemies screen while in Shanobi.

xzibit258
11-15-2012, 02:47 PM
I feel that all of Techs Ideas are great and that they should bring back the spearton spear throw.

But instead of a spearton being able to throw more than one spear to kill wingadons.

why not create a new character that caries six to seven javalins, walks 10% faster than the Mage so speed is not its strong point. But while walking it holds a shield infront of it.