PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion On Flying Units.

Tecness2
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
I want your opinions on the two flying units in the game.
The Order's Flying Crossbowmen (Allbowtross)
450/200/4/600(?)

&

Chaos' Wingadon (Eclipsor)
400/150/3/450(?)

jerrytt
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
It seems that these units are disproportionately powered based on their population and cost.(im only talking albatross here, because i dont have much experience with chaos.) it takes 3 archidons to kill one albatross. Thats 1050 and 6 population to kill 450, 200 mana and 4 population. Factor in that there are only a few units that can kill them, and you've got a seriously overpowered unit.

jerrytt
11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
btw, does anyone know whether or not chaos giants can hit flying units?

300noob
11-15-2012, 09:08 PM
btw, does anyone know whether or not chaos giants can hit flying units?
Yes they can.
And no, the albowtross is not overpowered.

DragonFrost
11-16-2012, 08:29 AM
so long as there arent any opponent's giants, Egiants, magic users and archidons/dead (archidons/deads are ok, unless they have a few speartons to be meat shields and/or outnumber you 3-1(archidon), 2-1 (dead) or more), and castle archers/deads, then albowtross is BEASTTTTT. especially if it has blazing bolts.also they can easily defeat wingadons if they arent too outnumbered.

RUMMAKER
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Albowtross pre buff was almost impossible to get out. But after buff it's a great unit.

I still hate chaos archers (even though albowtross beats wingadons, wingadons accessibility makes them a better support unit.

I voiced my opinion about how I wanted wingadons nerfed but instead of nerfing wingadons, albowtross got buffed(I don't know about this approach but I can live with it;although I would much rather they nerf wingadons instead of buffing albowtross.)

RUMMAKER
11-16-2012, 12:53 PM
It seems that these units are disproportionately powered based on their population and cost.(im only talking albatross here, because i dont have much experience with chaos.) it takes 3 archidons to kill one albatross. Thats 1050 and 6 population to kill 450, 200 mana and 4 population. Factor in that there are only a few units that can kill them, and you've got a seriously overpowered unit.

That's what makes them a viable army instead of spearton archer ( if they are proportionally balanced no one will build them since building archers will allow u a bigger army earlier.

Tecness2
11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
One thing.
Flying Crossbowmen are deads essentially.
Wingadons are archers essentially.

Dracus94
11-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't think they're overpowered. A giant, castle archers, etc. will destroy them.
They're very good, but still underused.

Tecness2
11-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure Brock and CrazyJay both know my opinion on this.
THERE SHOULD BE NO AIR UNITS.

Let's take the order air unit for example.
Heavily armored, lots of HP, massive damage, even more against armored(after 400 gold, no other cost). and to top it all off, ONLY HALF OF MY ARMY CAN EVEN HIT IT. Plus, this thing isn't "slow" in comparison to 2/5 of the units.

Now, time for the chaos unit. More HP than a standard Archer. As much damage as a castle archer. As fast as the order's flying unit (actually, might be a bit slower), Good range, and GUESS WHAT! Still, ONLY HALF OF MY ARMY CAN HIT IT.

CRAZYJAY, I know you said this game isn't about equalness, BUT WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED BALANCED IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD?
Yes I know, deads are the equal/counter to flying crossbowmen, BUT GUESS WHAT! THEY CAN BE ATTACKED BY ANY OTHER UNIT ON THE GROUND OR IN THE AIR. Yes I know, archidons are the equal/counter to wingadons, but once again GUESS WHAT! THEY CAN BE ATTACKED BY ANY OTHER UNIT ON THE GROUND OR IN THE AIR AND THEY HAVE TERRIBLE HEALTH.

Bladed Fire
11-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Hey, Crazy Jay added flying units is to make the game more good to play, I like the flying units anyway. Flying units is more expensive than ranged units, and so this is balance to me that flying units is more better than ranged units.

NorthKorean
11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I love them!!! They just fly there and pour bombs over the enemies' heads. Wow, I love the way they nuke!!

MrSticky
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Albowtross are actually pretty good but rarely used.. (thank god) with the upgrades and 5 of them they can be rather deadly. For one, all of the units (except for giant,castle archer, archer, and itself) can't attack them. Plus the combo with a giant and 5 Albowtross is sooo amazing if you're trying to take the down the statue early.

RUMMAKER
11-17-2012, 04:56 PM
my opinion is in order for there to be a air unit u need a unit dedicated for anti-air(air to air only or ground to air only).

77Row
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
my opinion is in order for there to be a air unit u need a unit dedicated for anti-air(air to air only or ground to air only).

http://images.wikia.com/dynastywarriors/images/1/12/Arm_Cannon_-_1st_Weapon_(DW7).png
A unit that has an arm cannon that shoots only air?

RUMMAKER
11-17-2012, 06:05 PM
sounds about right. no armor slow long-range low-med health does large splash damage to air units.

Tecness2
11-17-2012, 07:38 PM
So, I'm quitting for a while because flying units are really starting to be a piss off since they are stupidly overpowered.

asdfstick
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
So, I'm quitting for a while because flying units are really starting to be a piss off since they stupidly overpowered.
I'm pretty sure you're just talking about the albowtross.
a dead can beat an albowtross in 1v1(without upgrades) Deads seem more powerful than eclipsors. which is why I kinda stopped using eclipsors

TheFighterz
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Best Liberation unit for middle ground. Mana should also be 150. I like that they can't be hit by ground units other than archidon. Makes sword-hoard more counterable.

300noob
11-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Flying units are great but they mess up the game a lot.
recently, if i want to win, i have to be the first one who create the albowtross with blazing bolt upgrade (and maybe a giant to tank)
then i can do pretty much everything i want when i dominated the sky.
lost a lot of matches due to slower than the opponent... got frustrated and now im not going for top 100 anymore, just battle day by day.

Dracus94
11-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Why would you need another counter for sword hoard?
It sounds to me like there should be another way/unit to effectively attack them, instead of achidons (which die quickly to albowtross anyway) and giants.

jerrytt
11-18-2012, 01:37 PM
flak arrows anyone? :P

how bout 20 mp per shot, splash the size of magikills explosion, normal damage to ground, double to air. Same cooldown as fire arrows and same range as normal arrows.

TheFighterz
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Why would you need another counter for sword hoard?
It sounds to me like there should be another way/unit to effectively attack them, instead of achidons (which die quickly to albowtross anyway) and giants.

My strategy revolves around building up an army and using the middle tower to use. It's hard to do that when the enemy is sending swordwraths mindlessly.

MiamiBigAL
11-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Deads hard-counter albowtross', especially with the poison upgrade.

Archers hard-counter wingadons, but only with top micromanagement skills. The problem is most people can't use the archer properly, which leads to no macro-counter to the flying units. I do understand the frustration for those who don't have the micromanagement to handle them. It took me a long time to figure out how.

If you are having a hard time micromanaging the archers, you can try spearton/archer and protect your archers from flying unit shots.

RUMMAKER
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Deads hard-counter albowtross', especially with the poison upgrade.

Archers hard-counter wingadons, but only with top micromanagement skills. The problem is most people can't use the archer properly, which leads to no macro-counter to the flying units. I do understand the frustration for those who don't have the micromanagement to handle them. It took me a long time to figure out how.

If you are having a hard time micromanaging the archers, you can try spearton/archer and protect your archers from flying unit shots.

completely agreed. thing is spearton archer loses to flyer jugger because jugger can hit archer while spearton can't hit flyers.
and the only counter to the "gep build" is pure archer, but even then if u lose one archer its game over. -_-

Seadefen
11-19-2012, 03:16 AM
'Trosses are slow as hell, and with only 2 cells of HP. 1 rock toss and the 'tross is halfdead, no hope.

Like in many other games, the archery units often have low HP so that's enough weakness. I think it's all balanced.

MiamiBigAL
11-19-2012, 11:41 AM
completely agreed. thing is spearton archer loses to flyer jugger because jugger can hit archer while spearton can't hit flyers.
and the only counter to the "gep build" is pure archer, but even then if u lose one archer its game over. -_-

That's absolutely right. Jugger/flyer would beat spearton/archer, which is a problem :-)

The only similar resource "counter" is spearton/albowtross, but it costs more (and it's just the same thing...) and you get it later than Chaos which is a big problem.

The only suggestion I can give to the "gep" quick wingadon build is to rush with archer/sword and disrupt as much economy as you can. The archer can keep the wingadon off the tower with micro (sorry guys who can't micro archers), while you go for your own albowtross. If a Dead then comes out, you may have to retreat off the tower a bit until you can get a spearton out to give the dead some trouble.

And then maybe a cleric to cover the dead poison upgrade (basically use common sense form then on). It's not ideal, and you may still be at a disadvantage as order, but at least the right counter units are coming out on your side which may make up for any economy deficit later on.

That said, I think we still need a more powerful anti-air unit, or make the air units more expensive. I would have also preferred a more expensive wingadon rather than a cheaper albowtross, but oh well.

300noob
11-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Maybe add more Flying units? Light flying units like Eagle/Hawk and chaos have Vampire Bat or what ever it is.

Dracus94
11-21-2012, 09:17 PM
flak arrows anyone? :P

how bout 20 mp per shot, splash the size of magikills explosion, normal damage to ground, double to air. Same cooldown as fire arrows and same range as normal arrows.
Umm..
the splash damage on the ground is a bit overpowered XD

helltank
11-21-2012, 10:30 PM
We need a unit that has low health but high attack to take care of giants.

_Ai_
11-21-2012, 10:48 PM
albowtross was meant not to be attacked. if they were to be attacked, then the whole idea would be pointless

Panki
11-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Albowtross massing is deadly, I just found that out. It's not as effective when going against someone massing speartons (or giants, for that matter), but just add a little speartons and a mage, and you've got yourself a deadly force.

What I think is that there should be some kind of range nerf.

300noob
11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Albowtross massing is deadly, I just found that out. It's not as effective when going against someone massing speartons (or giants, for that matter), but just add a little speartons and a mage, and you've got yourself a deadly force.

What I think is that there should be some kind of range nerf.

actually, i just got defeated when im massing albowtross....the range nerf is not needed.
but the next match i win with albowtross against a opponent who mass speartons+ mages and little albowtross. of course i tricked him to attack my base... and i wiped out his spearton army leaving vulrable mages and merics.

_Ai_
11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
using 2/3 giants as meatshield and 2 merics with albowtrosses 6+ is deadly but long to build

minhx98x
11-23-2012, 09:25 AM
the chaos eclipsor is too cheap and I think it's faster than the Allbowtross so it's a bit unfair for me. If they could just retreat for a moment and heal than it would be a problem.

Tecness2
11-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Okay There are currently 2 flying in the game.
The Flying Crossbow man & The Wingadon.
The Flying Crossbow Man's equivalent, is the Dead.
The Wingadon's equivalent is the Archidon.
The Wingadon has more health, does more damage, and is faster than the Archidon
The Flying Crossbow Man has more health(I think) does more damage(I think) and is faster than the Dead.
Okay, they cost more and take longer to build, so them being a bit stronger should be normal.
BUT, with that being said. 2/3rds out of all 18 different units in the game(That's 12) CAN NOT even attack* it. So, not only are they better than their equivalents they are also immune to a good amount of units.
You're going to sit there and tell me they aren't overpowered?

*By Attack, I mean a-move. Magikill, Medusa, Skeleton Mages, and Bombers, can use Spells/blow up to damage air units.

Dracus94
11-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Giants are really good against albowtross...
Just sayin'

Tecness2
11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Giants are really good against albowtross...
Just sayin'
Not really. Unless you have like, 3+ giants at once.

300noob
11-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Not really. Unless you have like, 3+ giants at once.
actually i've met a guy spam giant me to death...until i realize i need meat shields, it was too late...
but i learn from that defeat and now i always try to get a meat shield...even speartons will do the trick...kill the miners...
edit....uhm not very effective with speartons as meat shields...they only cause disturb but not ensure ya albowtross's survival against experts at giant spam...

MiamiBigAL
11-25-2012, 04:39 AM
In terms of balanced resources, giant is better than albowtross--e.g. 2 giants cost slightly more than 3 albowtross but would utterly destroy them.

Of course, this is a simplistic view and unit combinations change the whole balance.

I do agree there should be an anti-air unit though, which can shoot past giants. Massed albowtross + giant with merics is hard to stop.

RUMMAKER
11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
We need a unit that has low health but high attack to take care of giants.

...we already have one, its the ninja/shadowrath

Ortex
11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
allbowtrosses, eclipsors are pretty hard since people don't expect them... But enslaved giants or giants (chaos) will destroy them..

_Ai_
11-25-2012, 12:45 PM
wait, chaos giants can kill em?

asdfstick
11-25-2012, 01:08 PM
wait, chaos giants can kill em?
Yes they can. They are big enough to hit flying units.

jerrytt
11-25-2012, 01:50 PM
any decent player with albatrosses would kite giants though...

Dracus94
11-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I feel as though chaos giants are a lot better.
If you were to surround an enslaved giant with speartons he (she?) wouldn't be able to hit the albowtross.
However, since the chaos giant does splash can't he just push through the meat shields and get up in the albowtross's face?

jerrytt
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I feel as though chaos giants are a lot better.
If you were to surround an enslaved giant with speartons he (she?) wouldn't be able to hit the albowtross.
However, since the chaos giant does splash can't he just push through the meat shields and get up in the albowtross's face?

If I was the order player with a bunch of Speartans and albatrosses, I would just keep my Speartans at my base and kite his giants with my albatross.

Tecness2
11-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Back on the main topic. Opinions on flying units.

_Ai_
11-26-2012, 02:58 AM
albowtross isnt overpowered.they have slightly less range, attack rate than archidon. i met one with a hit and run tech. using archidon with flaming arrows

Bladed Fire
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Albowtrosses can kite with their low speed? It will make most of the units to catch up them except for the melee ones that is the only one Chaos Giant.

Tecness2
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Lets bring this to Chess Terms! Shall we?
King = Statue
Queen = Giant(Chaos)
Bishop = Monk
Knight = Archidon
Rook = Dead
Pawn = Swordwrath

With that being said (I'll explain my choices of units if you ask :p), chess is the most (or close to it) balanced game people play today. Why? Because both sides have the same units, as well as EACH UNIT BEING ABLE TO ATTACK EVERY OTHER UNIT.
While the king in this case can't attack, it can get castle archers, so kinda can :p

Now, with all those pieces in play, lets take out ONE pawn for each side, and add a unit only the Knight, Rook, & Queen can attack, but can attack any other unit. So now, we have 30 units that can be attacked by every unit, and can attack every unit but 2, as well as have 2 units that can only be attacked by 6. And people continue to say flying units are balanced?

300noob
11-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Lets bring this to Chess Terms! Shall we?
King = Statue
Queen = Giant(Chaos)
Bishop = Monk
Knight = Archidon
Rook = Dead
Pawn = Swordwrath

With that being said (I'll explain my choices of units if you ask :p), chess is the most (or close to it) balanced game people play today. Why? Because both sides have the same units, as well as EACH UNIT BEING ABLE TO ATTACK EVERY OTHER UNIT.
While the king in this case can't attack, it can get castle archers, so kinda can :p

Now, with all those pieces in play, lets take out ONE pawn for each side, and add a unit only the Knight, Rook, & Queen can attack, but can attack any other unit. So now, we have 30 units that can be attacked by every unit, and can attack every unit but 2, as well as have 2 units that can only be attacked by 6. And people continue to say flying units are balanced?
Well let's just put it this way...the albowtross have relatively low health, 2 hit from giant and they're gone while swordwrath can handle 2.5, they're slow as a hustled miner, a bit faster than giant which mean if they can be attack by all units they're screwed. Eclipsor they have less heath and attack is a bit more powerful than archer, weaker than albowtross with blazing bolt but they have the speed (firerate also better but i don't want to talk about that atm)...but, if attacked by spearton they share the same fate as archer....the only thing i want to make a few tweaks at is to slightly increase eclipsor training time and mana...

HaDiXx
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
CRAZYJAY, the chaos empire states how wingidons (or perhaps eclipsores) have wind storm. Without windstorm, what is so special about them besides the fact that they are just like archidons except faster yet weaker?

Tecness2
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
CRAZYJAY, the chaos empire states how wingidons (or perhaps eclipsores) have wind storm. Without windstorm, what is so special about them besides the fact that they are just like archidons except faster yet weaker?
Well, that was too op, so was removed.
They do more damage and have more health, as well are faster than Archidons.

m0ntana
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Tec, albotrosses are actually to op. 2-3 of them can quickly kill a spearton, and, they can EASILY kill eclipsors, with or without Flaming Arrows (Albotross)

300noob
12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tec, albotrosses are actually to op. 2-3 of them can quickly kill a spearton, and, they can EASILY kill eclipsors, with or without Flaming Arrows (Albotross)

uh mate albowtross is much more expensive comepare to eclipsor and cost 4 pop not 3 so of course they're stronger with or without the blazing bolt
and hell, i just beat the campaign on normal lol

m0ntana
12-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Actually, they are 100 mana apart.

300noob
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Actually, they are 100 mana apart.

They cost 50 more gold, 100 more mana and 1 more pop, of course the albowtross must be stronger than the eclipsor...except the damage and health, the albowtross is weaker in everyway (ex: can't be mass fast, move slowwwer than a swordwrath or archer while the eclipsor move faster and can be mass very fast)...so... albowtross is still not overpowered, i tried to mass albowtross a few times and the guy massing giant always win no matter i have the meatshields or not....same thing with albowtross mass vs eclipsor mass and many other stuff....hell, even spearton beat them by attack the statue (no to 2 castle archers of course)...lol

HaDiXx
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
If a chaos giant would approach an eclipsor, or an albowtross, would the chaos giant be able to hit? I'm not sure because they are not ranged.

asdfstick
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
If a chaos giant would approach an eclipsor, or an albowtross, would the chaos giant be able to hit? I'm not sure because they are not ranged.

Chaos giants can hit flying units

Triss
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Albowtross is pretty weak. Just create 3 giants to take care of them,
Or, for a solution, why don't we create a melee flying unit? They can attack with medium dmge to flying unit, but a really LOW dmge range attack to ground unit.

_Ai_
12-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Albowtross is pretty weak. Just create 3 giants to take care of them,
Or, for a solution, why don't we create a melee flying unit? They can attack with medium dmge to flying unit, but a really LOW dmge range attack to ground unit.

It'll be completely useless if your opponent don't use flying unit

Triss
12-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Giant is still useful, even with no flying units.

_Ai_
12-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Giant is still useful, even with no flying units.

Its the melee flying unit is useless (wasting gold, mana, pop) if no allbowtross
Of course giant is usefull.They hit hard

Triss
12-21-2012, 05:59 AM
1. The melee flying unit have a cheap cost.
2. They cost 1 pops, and are fast (2nd to Shadowwath)
3. Even if the enemy don't have albowtrosses, they can work it out as a scout.

uberman
12-21-2012, 06:49 AM
In my opinion, Allbows are OP vs Chaos - yes, the chaos giant can hit them, if the opponent is dumb enough not to kite - ie simply move back out of melee range. Even if he messes up his simple kite once, they dont die to one hit from the giant, so he's gonna have to stay still long enough for the chaos giant to lumber up and take two swings. And, of course while the giant is wandering after the albows who are faster than him (eg simply hit garison will certainally out run chaos giants) the other units are pounding on him - its a certain fail for chaos giants to follow the allbow's - but its also a certain fail to ignore them and focus on the meat shield/other units with all those bolts coming in.

WTF should a chaos giant do to avoid being PWNed by allbows? I dont think he can.
fleeing - bolted to death as he's simply not able to outrun
attacking albows - certain death to other units as kited and bolted by allbows
attack other units - certain death by bolts.

This means, the only unit a chaos player has is his dead, or his wing's. Chaos Giants are simply wiped by allbows.

However, order giants can wipe wingdons much easier because of their range attack. At least its not a certain fail for order giants vs wings, unlike it seems to be for chaos giants vs allbows ...

So, as a chaos player, faced by a mass of allbows the only unit you can use - and have a fighting chance - is dead with poison.
Assume he's got a group of allbows, by the time you see them, make dead, wait for them to shamble accross to the battle point, its almost certainally too late.
Unless you already have the large number of dead already present before the albows attack, it seems to me that a chaos player against albows is in a lot of trouble.

Please, please offer me a solution to this, or I will be seriously considering not renewing the subscription to play chaos.
I dont rant for a nerf of allbows, or a buff of chaos - just a solution strategy to what's there as it is now, if I am chaos and he has a gang of allbows.

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 07:24 AM
1. The melee flying unit have a cheap cost.
2. They cost 1 pops, and are fast (2nd to Shadowwath)
3. Even if the enemy don't have albowtrosses, they can work it out as a scout.

... Why not just give Albowtross maces and let them be able to hit Juggerknights...

Triss
12-21-2012, 08:53 AM
LOL that would be friggin epic.....and freakingly OP.....

Juice Box
12-22-2012, 07:02 AM
LOL that would be friggin epic.....and freakingly OP.....

Still cool.

Albowtross with maces, that can hit land units... Epic...

_Ai_
12-22-2012, 08:28 AM
i think this is unnessecary.why go melle when you have ranged?

PsychoticCheez
12-22-2012, 08:51 AM
I want your opinions on the two flying units in the game.
The Order's Flying Crossbowmen (Allbowtross)
450/200/4/600(?)

&

Chaos' Wingadon (Eclipsor)
400/150/3/450(?)

1 Albowtross, against 1 Eclipsor, results in a win for the Albowtross.
By how much?
You pretty much have one hit left in you, as the Albowtross.
I know this from the Marrowkai level in Stick War 2. You can send your Albowtross by his lonesome to kill the Eclipsor at the very beginning.

Considering that Eclipsors take up 1 less population and can be built faster than my albowtross, and can move faster (there's time to move out of albowtross range and heal), there needs to be a goddamn nerf to the Eclipsors' abilities, or a boost to the Albowtross'.

Most people have the term "overpowered" wrong.
A unit is overpowered if it is feasible to win the game via it's direct spam, and there are no ways to force an efficient stop to the building of these forces.
Alternatively, a race is overpowered if it can force a win despite an opponent of a different race having made no errors in their strategy or tactics.

Based on the above definitions I think Eclipsors are overpowered.
Albowtrosses are fine. They lack speed, and the notion that they have lots of health is just wrong.

MiamiBigAL
12-22-2012, 09:14 AM
There are so many problems with chaos OP units it's not even funny.

yes. the wingadon 1 less population is huge. So is their cheaper cost. Flaming bolts don't make up for it at all, and I'm pretty sure they only do increased damage to armored units. Since wingadons aren't armored, the albowtrosses get butchered.

fram
02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Chaos flyer should have and Upgrade:

Whirlwind: got this idea from a dream, can blow back units around him for
200mana 50 gold

Heavy shot: takes 1min 30 secs to load and does plash damage dealing 1 bar damage
Cost: 275 mana 75 gold Single use/increase load time?

fram
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Eclipsor is quite hard to micro against a group of Wingadons as its all one one- like insta kill 2 guys( unless ur opponent is a noob) so it means Eclipsors speed OR auto heal doesnt help!

WyzDM
02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Dat bump.

On topic, I'm surprised this was mentioned months ago, as we are finding this out to be more true today:

I voiced my opinion about how I wanted wingadons nerfed but instead of nerfing wingadons, albowtross got buffed(I don't know about this approach but I can live with it;although I would much rather they nerf wingadons instead of buffing albowtross.)

I know Tec wants removal of aerial warfare, but I think it adds a really cool element to the game, so long as it's both controlled and counter able. Right now, if you have aerial supremacy, you essentially win the game (playing your units right ofc). There's nothing to take you out of the air but weaker ground units and other air units, that won't happen because now you're out numbered. If the fight is taken to the air, it doesn't change the tide of battle, but the winner ultimately wins that game. Either adding other air units and/or making units/resources against air threats would fix this problem. Chaos does have bombers, but Order is screwed pretty much.

And yes, wingdoms due to faster speed on field and loadtime in queue (not to mention -1 population) are far superior to albowtross. Together with bombers and it's game over for the albowtross.

ShadowyWhisper
02-13-2013, 01:45 PM
so long as there arent any opponent's giants, Egiants, magic users and archidons/dead (archidons/deads are ok, unless they have a few speartons to be meat shields and/or outnumber you 3-1(archidon), 2-1 (dead) or more), and castle archers/deads, then albowtross is BEASTTTTT. especially if it has blazing bolts.also they can easily defeat wingadons if they arent too outnumbered.

Well, I'm using (assuming I have the middle) Archidon behind a Ghost because Allbowtross shoots the unit right in front of them, reason why I don't use that anymore.

300noob
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
the eclipsor and wingadon is the same for those who confused
for me, the eclipsor and deads need a nerf...since when eclipsor vs a albow in 1 v 1, the albow win but with like ...1-2 more hit and he die, the deads in the other hand killed the albow in 1 on 1 even without the freaking poison while being cheaper and cost less pop. (and all these are with blazing bolt)

Azxc
02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Flying units are OP, they have too much HP and damage
my ranking dropped 200 because everyone masses albowtross and wingtons, I cannot defeat them

_Ai_
02-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Dis bump.

Albatross vs Wingadon, 1 vs 1. Albatross win
When massed, Wingadon win.

Woot! 1000th post!