PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Tec!

Tecness2
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Okay, I'm bored again. And since nobody gave me any interesting ideas on this thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?44028-Video-Suggestions)
I decided to make this one!
So, ask me a question about the game that you want to know and I'll do my best to answer it :p
Also, check the Q & A (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?43524-Questions-and-Answers-about-the-game!) if it's already been asked.

jerrytt
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
damage diff of normal bolts and flaming bolts for albatross? do albatross really do more damage on armored units? (archer hits to kill swordwrath/archer hits to kill spearton vs bolts to kill sword wrath/ bolts to kill spearton)

Panki
11-19-2012, 06:10 PM
You didn't think my idea for a video was interesting? :(

How come at times when I play my first game, I get my coins, but when I play again later in the same day, I got 10 more coins? Happened to me today and the last 2 days. Is it a bug? (Should've posted this in the bugs section, oh well.)

That is my only question.

Tecness2
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
damage diff of normal bolts and flaming bolts for albatross? do albatross really do more damage on armored units? (archer hits to kill swordwrath/archer hits to kill spearton vs bolts to kill sword wrath/ bolts to kill spearton)
I would assume it does more damage overall. Since I don't know two units that have the same HP, with one being armored and the other not, I have no way of testing it. But I will find out the damage difference on normal and blazing bolts on a swordwrath.

How come at times when I play my first game, I get my coins, but when I play again later in the same day, I got 10 more coins? Happened to me today and the last 2 days. Is it a bug?

They are interesting, just, I do them everynow and then :p I wanted fresh ideas.
I have no idea, I'm assuming something to do with a weird timezone.

FrozenFury3
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM

How come at times when I play my first game, I get my coins, but when I play again later in the same day, I got 10 more coins? Happened to me today and the last 2 days. Is it a bug? (Should've posted this in the bugs section, oh well.)

You would get 10 coins twice in a day because lets jut say for example, you havnt played all day today, and you decide to play at 11.30pm, you win and get coins, then you have another game at 12.10am, you will get another day as the game recognises you playing 2 days in a row, but then you wouldnt get your 10 coins again for exactly another 12 hours :) hope that helps

Panki
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh ok. Tbh I like the idea of more coins a day, so I hope they don't change anything.

TheFighterz
11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Counter to Ninja's?

Price of all Castle Archers (from 300 and on)

If you could be any unit in-game, what would it be and why?

If you could demolish any unit in-game, what would it be and why?

Opinions on both Order and Chaos?

Does the range of the Tower Archer fluxuate depending on the maps size?

Favorite cosmetic for Order? (Gear)

S-Critical
11-20-2012, 02:03 PM
how can you be able to stop a bunch of speartons (5+ speartons)

and what would be the best way to capture the middle tower

Tecness2
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Counter to Ninja's?

Price of all Castle Archers (from 300 and on)

If you could be any unit in-game, what would it be and why?

If you could demolish any unit in-game, what would it be and why?

Opinions on both Order and Chaos?

Does the range of the Tower Archer fluxuate depending on the maps size?

Favorite cosmetic for Order? (Gear)
Walls
400 then 500 (I think)
Medusa, or Magikill, would be fun to be a caster.
Both flying units. I don't need to explain this one.
I like playing as chaos better than as order, but order as a whole seems stronger than chaos.
No
The giant red staff for the Magikill, or the energy sword for the swordwrath.

how can you be able to stop a bunch of speartons (5+ speartons)

and what would be the best way to capture the middle tower
6+ Speartons and a monk or two.
Very early & With a single more unit than the opponent (Or at least, stronger units)

Dracus94
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Best counter to medusas and... those skeletal mages?

Tecness2
11-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Best counter to medusas and... those skeletal mages?
Some people will say ninjas, but it takes a ninja, fully upgraded + two extra hits, to kill a single medusa, or TWO maxed ninja's to kill ONE medusa in a single strike. It takes even more for a skeleton mage I believe.
Against a medusa, get a few monks with cure, and mass swordwraths with rage. Since chaos has no walls, it has no ways of pushing ALL your swordwrath back at once.
Against a skeleton? Probably a ninja, or a lot of spearton. OR if you want, flying crossbows. While the skeleton can still kill these units, it's more difficult that killing a giant/army of swordwrath/archers/magikill.

I will be testing the damage difference of a flying crossbowmen tomorrow.

Dracus94
11-21-2012, 09:30 PM
But... what if the skeletal mages kill all the swordwhath? :P

Tecness2
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
But... what if the skeletal mages kill all the swordwhath? :P
Use the ninja's first
THEN send the swordwrath in. It would take at least 2 skeletons to kill swordwrath with his ability, just make sure if he has two, kill one :p

petmuju
11-23-2012, 03:36 AM
I would like to know how much damage some units can cause or take for:
Miner
Swordwrath
Spearton
Shadowrath(without poison)
Archidon
Allbowtross
Meric
Magikill(using normal attack and all 3 abilities on a spearton)
giant

But if you don't want to answer this, then it's fine but I need to know how you test the units. Because when I open 2 stick empires tabs(2 different accounts), usually one would lag and auto-defeat...

Ninjastripy
11-23-2012, 06:15 AM
You have to open both tabs as seperate windows on each side of the screen... in windows 7 you just drag the top of the window to the side of the screen and it snaps in place. If you deselect (alt+tab) out of a window it will say you're lagging.

petmuju
11-23-2012, 07:32 AM
You have to open both tabs as seperate windows on each side of the screen... in windows 7 you just drag the top of the window to the side of the screen and it snaps in place. If you deselect (alt+tab) out of a window it will say you're lagging.

I see. Thanks! :D

TheFighterz
11-23-2012, 11:42 AM
What internet connection works best?

What's your opinion on "Sword Hoard"? (stacking up swordwrath)

How would stacking up on crawlers (and maybe a single juggerknight as a meat-shield) work?

jerrytt
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
What internet connection works best?

What's your opinion on "Sword Hoard"? (stacking up swordwrath)

How would stacking up on crawlers (and maybe a single juggerknight as a meat-shield) work?

stack 2 walls on top of each other, get 3 magikill, electric wall with all 3. dead