PDA

View Full Version : Rain of Arrows, Field of Spears(Semi-Rush Guide)

helltank
11-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone. I have been lurking in this forum for quite some time and studying the game of Stick Empires. I don't want to pay four dollars, so I've decided to focus on Order. This guide shows you how to utilize Archidons and Speartons effectively very early in the game. With this strategy, I've been able to consistently beat anyone from the lower half of the scoreboard.

1)Select both miners and set them to work mining gold. Train one miner(set him to gold when he comes out) and research Castle Archer. With Castle Archer up, you're safe from early Swordwrath rushes.

2)Train an Archidon and send him to the center to control the tower there. Train another miner and set him to praying.

3)Train 5 Archidons and 5 Speartons, as well as the Shield Wall and Shield Bash ability

4)Assemble your army at the center, then go for an all out attack. Target hostile units first, then miners, then the statue. Don't go for the statue immediately while there are still miners to be killed. This way, if the enemy spawns a giant or something and pushes you back, he'll have trouble rebuilding his economy and will be working on that while you replenish your army and prepare for a second wave.

NOTES:Some noobs prefer to rush giants. I would like to point out that units can move past giant, so while the giant stumbles slowly to your base and slowly chips away at your miner wall, your Speartons and Archidons are savaging the enemy statue.

DragonFrost
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
2. What if the opponent already has stronger units there?

helltank
11-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Never had a problem with that. For some strange reason, my opponents never do this. I suppose if he has stronger units there already, you could retreat back to base and only attack the tower when you have your full army.

DragonFrost
11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
^.^ whenever I I find stronger units at the middle I figure I'm screwed... Because they get extra gold from middle (faster income) plus maybe ghost, so they build units quicker and hinder your building abilities...

Dracus94
11-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Just because they have the middle doesn't mean you're screwed.
If they get ghost really on, and if you can hold off the ghost spearton, you can push back because most likely they won't have very strong units at the tower :D
or not.

DragonFrost
11-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Just because they have the middle doesn't mean you're screwed.
If they get ghost really on, and if you can hold off the ghost spearton, you can push back because most likely they won't have very strong units at the tower :D
or not.
XD

Xave14
12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
i can beat this strategy i get tower quick then build a few allbowtrosses with blazing bolts get ghost during that time and get more allbows research giant to max ghost lvl 2 make a couple giants and wala game over

DragonFrost
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
i can beat this strategy i get tower quick then build a few allbowtrosses with blazing bolts get ghost during that time and get more allbows research giant to max ghost lvl 2 make a couple giants and wala game over
I doubt you can get tower quick.... Only if you're skilled with micromanagement.

nick78976
12-08-2012, 09:21 PM
risky strategy but cool. I like how u act crazy. an archer claiming the middle vs a bunch of swordwraths... cooool.

Kincaid1
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I usually train one miner in the beginning, set it to gold, set the rest of the miners to gold, and make an early attack of swordwraths to claim the tower, usually my enemy does the same, but once I get my economy up, I get a ghost spearton to harass the enemy, he'll be occupied with the ghost that spawns every now-and-then, so I can train some miners to pray as well as mine gold, and train some speartons and shadowwraths until I have a massive army, then I attack the enemy and win. I learned that if you play defensive the enemy will claim the tower and crush you with ease, so I always play offensive, and if I need to, I get a castle archer and miner wall. I hope my strategy will help others!

Kincaid1
12-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Another strategy is to learn the enemy's strategy, get inside his head, once you learn his strategy, modify it to make it better than his, and use it against him to defeat him!

DragonFrost
12-26-2012, 07:26 PM
That's true... but it would help if you played him before and he always uses one strategy. BTW you dont have to modify his strategy, you can invent a new strategy from scratch that counters his strategy too.

mafia10
12-26-2012, 11:22 PM
i use the exact same strategy

Bladed Fire
12-27-2012, 12:54 AM
That's true... but it would help if you played him before and he always uses one strategy. BTW you dont have to modify his strategy, you can invent a new strategy from scratch that counters his strategy too.

Lol. I've plans in my head to encounter massers but most of the time it won't work.

Triss
12-28-2012, 12:14 PM
But if he get the ghost units, you're screwed, since they will know your strategy.

3FFA
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
But if he get the ghost units, you're screwed, since they will know your strategy.

Not if you keep just enough units out to kill the ghost units and keep the rest in garrison ;)

Triss
12-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Ghost units keep spawning dude...

3FFA
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Ghost units keep spawning dude...

Well you should have a cleric by then 'dude'...

KrayZStick
12-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Put a miner wall away from castle, but close so melee and/or range units will still be hit by castle archers! EASY SOLUTION !!

Well you should have a cleric by then 'dude'...
Don't you mean meric?

3FFA
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes sorry. Hehe :p

DragonFrost
12-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Lol it's ok. There's like 3 different names for the healer unit that I can think of (other can healer, healer woman etc). They are monk, Merics, cleric.

Kincaid1
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Today I beat someone who had 2 miner walls, behind the first one where 2 lines of Speartons in shield mode, behind the second wall were 2 lines of Archidons, and behind that was a non-upgraded Giant and a Castle Archer, I had 10 miners, one of which were praying, the rest were mining gold, I had control of the tower, 3 fully upgraded Giants and Castle Archer, some Speartons with Shield Wall and Shield Bash, and some Swordwrath with Rage, those were my only units, I charge up to his base, broke his first wall using my all my units and using Rage, I used Rage all throughout the battle, killed his Speartons as well, once I broke his second wall his Archidons and Giants garrisoned to his castle, I put my Speartons up to his castle entrance and put all of them into Shield Wall mode, I Shield Bashed the enemy whenever he tried to get out of his castle, while my Giants and remaining Swordwrath hit his statue, I won and came out with 6 casualties!

3FFA
12-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Well done! I'll try to remember that in the future, that was a nice trick with the shields.

Also, another name for the meric is the white mage or the healing mage.

Kincaid1
12-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Well done! I'll try to remember that in the future, that was a nice trick with the shields.

Also, another name for the meric is the white mage or the healing mage.

Thanks! I usually use it!

NrgFA
12-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I once started out with 4 miners and 1 swordwrath.Soon,my opponent came over with two swordwrath,so it was 2-1.By the time they reached my unit,the miners gave me 300 gold and a so I bought a castle defense.While it was training,I distracted the two swordwrath by having my swordwrath run around in circles,they chased him,and when my castle defense came up,I ran around for 4 more seconds,letting them get hit by arrows as they chased him.Then,I stopped my swordwrath & made him fight.The two swordwrath died,and I then garrisoned my unit in-case of another early attack.

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Lol then your opponent was an idiot XD why didnt he retreat....

3FFA
12-30-2012, 10:20 AM
I've had times where that happened to me before, although usually with just 1 swordwrath. By the time I noticed the archer the swordwrath was dead :P (It is what I got for going back to my statue to send a miner to mine :/)

NrgFA
12-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Speaking of rain of arrows,I just made an army of 1 giant and tons of swordswrath and archidon..My opponent had 1 shadowrath,7 archers,two non-upgraded giants,some swordswrath,3 speartons,and 4 flying archidon.It was an equal battle UNTIL my fully upgraded giant reached the battle and destroyed them.Lol,red bodies were everywhere.

I once had a battle of 1 giant and the rest swordswrath.My army was still training,yet he attacks with 3 speartons,one giant(these giants were upgraded btw),a few archidon,and some swordswrath.I took out his army with one dead swordswrath.I took out mah cousin with 0 casulties before(he won 1 battle,and i won two of them :P)!! XD

But yeah,I only use archidon,giants,swordswrath,and RARELY flying crossbowman.But when I use my swordswrath,I dominate >:D

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Lol really??? How is mass sword very good... Let's say you had 30 swords, 20 archidons and 1 giant (leaving you 1 miner lol). I would mass a few ninjas, kill the giant, run away if possible, heal, kill the archidons, engage in battle with rest of army, which is mass albows :D

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
^.^ whenever I I find stronger units at the middle I figure I'm screwed... Because they get extra gold from middle (faster income) plus maybe ghost, so they build units quicker and hinder your building abilities...

Actually, the ghost Spearton I don't really have much of a problem with, but the Giant is a bit hard to fight. You're not really in too bad shape although the middle does give you a huge advantage, and buying Passive Income II gets you the same as the middle.

3FFA
12-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Actually, the ghost Spearton I don't really have much of a problem with, but the Giant is a bit hard to fight. You're not really in too bad shape although the middle does give you a huge advantage, and buying Passive Income II gets you the same as the middle.

No. Passive income III is close to the same as the middle. Passive income II is about half the middle.

Kincaid1
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
I agree.

Kincaid1
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Today it was me with all Speartons (With some Merics) vs another guy with all Speartons (And Archidons and Merics), but I have Shield wall And Shield bash, I used them effectively and beat him, yay!

DragonFrost
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
nice, dont double post.