PDA

View Full Version : Fire test

bl3u
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Just some firing fx testing bullshit.
http://www.fileize.com/view/157103f0-d16/

GMR
11-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Eh, pretty good. The only thing I would say needs work is the way it springs up so quickly.

Vincent - X
11-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Fire? hmmm I'm not sure what others would think of this as fire but to me, it doesn't really look or even feel like fire. I would say that it looks more like water
or just any liquid spring up, and better yet, it actually feels more like water than fire, but yeah here's a tip, flames, they dont make those kind of particles unless
it's an explosion, often, they only wobble and make little particles at the top of it's tip where the flames go faded little by little, not like those you did here.
But yeah use reference if you must because it'll help you more than just do it yourself cluelessly, still good though :)

bl3u
11-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Fire? hmmm I'm not sure what others would think of this as fire but to me, it doesn't really look or even feel like fire. I would say that it looks more like water
or just any liquid spring up, and better yet, it actually feels more like water than fire, but yeah here's a tip, flames, they dont make those kind of particles unless
it's an explosion, often, they only wobble and make little particles at the top of it's tip where the flames go faded little by little, not like those you did here.
But yeah use reference if you must because it'll help you more than just do it yourself cluelessly, still good though :)

A water effect would spurt up and disperse, then fall to the ground. This fire effect disperse in mid air. Somewhat like an explosion.

jdogg
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Doesn't look like fire. It feels like just an explosion of some sort of energy or gas, but not fire. Fire flickers a lot, it doesn't just disperse. Besides that it does look good, just not like fire.

Alien
11-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Hmmm.......I wud say this is more of like a flamethrower fire then like the normal fire people think of

Drone
11-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Less doubleframing or a higher frame rate, it gets a lil choppy at the end.
And yeah, doesnt really look like fire to me.
Sone sort of energy expansion/dispersion
iunno
just not fire

TheSage
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
indeed. it doesn't resemble fire. if it was fire it wouldn't disappear that fast, nor it would split like that. i think fire is a more united entity and has pointy edges that disappear while flickering.