PDA

View Full Version : Why is a 3 digit number code needed to add friends?

Apophis12
11-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Is there a purpose for it? I know when people tell me their number, I could just write it down, but I would like to know why the code is needed.

Invincitron
11-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi reader,

Okay, well this is what I think. Without the 3 digit code people could just add anyone they could ever want. However if there was a 3 digit code people could tell them the code if they wanted them to be their friend. Without the 3 digit code you will find random players on your friends list. Luckily there is a confirmation to be a friend. So to answer the general question 3 digit codes are so that random people won't just add you as a friend.

.:Invincitron:.

Dracus94
11-21-2012, 09:32 PM
You won't find random friends on your list, because they only appear if they message you or you add them.
also, just a note, after a fight if you click their name you can add them as a friend without the code.

Apophis12
11-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi reader,

Okay, well this is what I think. Without the 3 digit code people could just add anyone they could ever want. However if there was a 3 digit code people could tell them the code if they wanted them to be their friend. Without the 3 digit code you will find random players on your friends list. Luckily there is a confirmation to be a friend. So to answer the general question 3 digit codes are so that random people won't just add you as a friend.

.:Invincitron:.

If there is a confirmation, then the 3 digit code is pointless, because you could just ignore the friend request any time some random person adds you.

You won't find random friends on your list, because they only appear if they message you or you add them.
also, just a note, after a fight if you click their name you can add them as a friend without the code.

I didn't know you could click a person's name after the fight and add them without the code. Thanks for letting me know.

MiamiBigAL
11-25-2012, 05:12 AM
I find the 3 digit code thing a bit strange. It's not like any social network company such as facebook asks you for a 3 digit code when you try to add someone. I'd rather have a list of friend requests that you can accept or reject than the 3 digit code system.

Also, implement a lobby chat please!

Seadefen
11-25-2012, 05:48 AM
I find the 3 digit code thing a bit strange. It's not like any social network company such as facebook asks you for a 3 digit code when you try to add someone. I'd rather have a list of friend requests that you can accept or reject than the 3 digit code system.

Also, implement a lobby chat please!

I guess they started with the simple thing when the game was not fully developed yet; using a 3-digit password is much simpler than the friend request list for the system to process.
In the future when we have more players, they may change.

Anw, the chatbox is killing me. I always have to invite the other guy to talk in-match or outside, on fb or twitter. The game seems not yet ready for the contacting part.

MiamiBigAL
11-25-2012, 07:17 AM
The chat is a new bug. The chat was fine before.