PDA

View Full Version : Massive Rant

MiamiBigAL
11-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Okay, this is the first time in this game's history where I've really stopped enjoying playing stick wars (ever since "crawler fix")

There is much more lag than before, units are less responsive than before (and weren't even that responsive in the first place), and considering games are often decided in the first minute or so based on the initial battle, it really has not been fun flipping a coin and seeing who wins.

Moreover, I just attacked a juggernaught with 4 swordsman with rage. Just before he dies he goes into his stupid animation move for 5 seconds, at which point he is invincible and a single wingadon just wiped out my entire army that had no one else to target except the invincible juggernaught. Based on that one animation move, I lost the game.

These kill animations really destroy the game and I am really starting to get the impression of mediocre game-design due to some kind of desire to introduce hollywood-effects at the expense of gameplay.

Dracus94
11-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Units respond extremely slowly. It really screws stuff up, and isn't that fun when your whole army is killed because they didn't move.
Also, I've been thinking for a while how much of an advantage the animations would be. Apparently it's big enough to decide a game.
Edit: My game also doesn't switch to low quality anymore. That makes me sad :c

MiamiBigAL
11-24-2012, 01:38 PM
All it takes is one unresponse, and you've lost the game as your archers get massacred by (insert ground troop here). The people who are getting affected the most are the ones who actually use micromanagement.

I'm going to have to adapt to the fact that micromanagement is a roll of the dice, which is really shit considering how complex the game was before. Or just quit, which is what I'm feeling like doing at the moment.

Tecness2
11-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Okay, this is the first time in this game's history where I've really stopped enjoying playing stick wars (ever since "crawler fix")

There is much more lag than before, units are less responsive than before (and weren't even that responsive in the first place), and considering games are often decided in the first minute or so based on the initial battle, it really has not been fun flipping a coin and seeing who wins.

Moreover, I just attacked a juggernaught with 4 swordsman with rage. Just before he dies he goes into his stupid animation move for 5 seconds, at which point he is invincible and a single wingadon just wiped out my entire army that had no one else to target except the invincible juggernaught. Based on that one animation move, I lost the game.

These kill animations really destroy the game and I am really starting to get the impression of mediocre game-design due to some kind of desire to introduce hollywood-effects at the expense of gameplay.
I agree for the most part.
Yes...the spearton on Juggerknight, and Juggerknight on swordwrath is sometimes annoying.
But, on a side note, your units would have died anyway. 4 swordwrath vs Juggerknight + Wingadon.

RUMMAKER
11-24-2012, 03:45 PM
but his sword would have killed his jugger and he wouldnet be that bad off

Dracus94
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't think that was the point...
He was sitting around being killed by something the majority of units can't hit (AHEM TEC) when he would have rather been fighting the juggerknight.

300noob
11-25-2012, 04:30 AM
not just the jugger knight, the crawler also can't be hit while they do the flip roll whatever move.

Triss
12-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Sometimes, animations are just bad.