PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi cloak.

Tecness2
11-27-2012, 05:12 PM
As I understood it, it says it cloaks the shinobi and protecting it from all physical attacks and protects it from being selected AFTER it's cloaked, for magic attacks. So, with that being said, if I select a Medusa, and tell her to stone the shionbi, he should not be able to cloak as my Medusa is casting it, and become invincible, and take no effect from my ability, which I now have to wait another 800 to use or spawn a second Medusa because there is a good chance this one will die.

asdfstick
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I tried something like that too, didn't work. One time I used reaper on a shadowrath and the reaper hit him right when he used shinobi. Due to the reaper's effect he couldn't use his cloaked shinobi, so that saved me a little.

MiamiBigAL
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I disagree. One of the only counters to Medusa is the shinobi. Take that away and the Medusa is even more OP than it is.

Medusa already needs a nerf.

Tecness2
11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I disagree. One of the only counters to Medusa is the shinobi. Take that away and the Medusa is even more OP than it is.

Medusa already needs a nerf.
I don't disagree, medusa could use with a nerf, but the point is, if I select your shinobi, BEFORE you cloak, either the ability should not be wasted into nothing-ness, or your ninja should die. If I try to stone your ninja after cloak? Sure, cancel it.

MiamiBigAL
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyway I'm pretty sure the medusa spell takes effect if during casting the shinobi is still uncloaked, but cloaks just before the stoning happens. I remember losing an invisible ninja to a stoning which was very annoying.

Tecness2
11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Anyway I'm pretty sure the medusa spell takes effect if during casting the shinobi is still uncloaked, but cloaks just before the stoning happens. I remember losing an invisible ninja to a stoning which was very annoying.
Seeing as how you just did the cloak thing to me, and neither of us was lagging, I think what you are saying in this post, happened because of lag.

MiamiBigAL
11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
If you want the spell to cancel then they need to apply it to all the units. e.g. in shinobi vs shinobi, if a cloak attack hits a shinobi while it's going into cloak, it is wasted. It might be complicated "re-cloaking" the ninja because his attack didn't take effect, let alone contrary to logic.

Tecness2
11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
If you want the spell to cancel then they need to apply it to all the units. e.g. in shinobi vs shinobi, if a cloak attack hits a shinobi while it's going into cloak, it is wasted. It might be complicated "re-cloaking" the ninja because his attack didn't take effect, let alone contrary to logic.
I never said that?
I said, if a spell is casted, towards the shinobi, Say, the stone ability, and the shinobi cloaks, as it's being casted, the shinobi gets stoned. As well as if, a fireball is casted ontop of the shinobi as he cloaks, he should also take damage from that (I'm pretty sure he doesn't).
The cloak should make him un-targetable by a-move & spells. Not un-damageable. This means, AOE spells, like fireball, poison, electric wall, will still effect him.

petmuju
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
*Be warned that while you can not be attacked while cloaked you can still be partially seen and spell damage and Explosion damage will still affect you.

^ This is in the game guide.

So, I think only Magikill explosions will work. Shadowraths are also meant to take out these powerful spellcasters although I don't really use them. XD

jerrytt
11-30-2012, 03:34 PM
i beleive castle archer damage also affects the shadowraths, but castle archers cannot independently target shadowwraths, they have to be shooting at a different enemy.

MiamiBigAL
11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't disagree, medusa could use with a nerf, but the point is, if I select your shinobi, BEFORE you cloak, either the ability should not be wasted into nothing-ness, or your ninja should die. If I try to stone your ninja after cloak? Sure, cancel it.

That's what you said. If the ninja doesn't die, then if the ability isn't "wasted into nothingness", what you mean is the spell should be retracted. This is also what you explicitly told me when we played last to.

Tecness2
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
That's what you said. If the ninja doesn't die, then if the ability isn't "wasted into nothingness", what you mean is the spell should be retracted. This is also what you explicitly told me when we played last to.
Odd. I edited my post shortly after making it to say "I never said I wanted that" but it seems it didn't stick....
Anyways, I never said I wanted that :p