PDA

View Full Version : Massing One Type Of Unit.

Tecness2
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Can this be nerfed? I mean sure, mass crawlers, they get a bonus to an extent, but after say, 20 crawlers, can their stats be reduced? I'm tired of facing killean and I know exactly what he's going to do. Get two swordwrath, get rage, all at the same time! Mass about 8 swordwrath, kill all your miners and run away. IF that doesn't work, he'll then build ONE spearton and about, 12 archers. Then more archers, and more archers, until he can almost one shot a spearton with so many archers he has. Can this be nerfed? Like, if ONE type of unit takes up 70% of the TOTAL population, their health is decreased, as well as damage or something. Tis a piss off sometimes.

DragonFrost
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Like giants? XD wait your saying that crawlers stack up more than 5 times?
Edit. My opinion is that you shouldn't get a decrease for massing one type of unit :( Some of my strategies include: massing either speartons, ninjas or archers...

DragonFrost
11-27-2012, 08:42 PM
>.> sorry for double posting, but you keep editing my posts....

Tecness2
11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Like giants? XD wait your saying that crawlers stack up more than 5 times?
Edit. My opinion is that you shouldn't get a decrease for massing one type of unit :( Some of my strategies include: massing either speartons, ninjas or archers...
I don't mean massing like 10 of them, I mean massing like 20+ of them.
No, they don't stack over 5.

Also, sorry about editing your post, I fixed it :p I pressed the wrong button.

Dracus94
11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Hehe yeah that is kinda annoying.
But no, I don't think there should be a stat decrease.

Bladed Fire
11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Its annoying to me too. The people who masses swordwraths killed my fully upgraded giants quickly. And he also overwhelm my army and kill my magikill just when I am casting spells, so annoying that my castle archers are too late to kill them when he is destroying my statue, but that time if I called albowtross its the same effect like castle archers and because he is the flying unit that can't block like spearton or even swordwrath.

CRAZY JAY
11-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Can this be nerfed? I mean sure, mass crawlers, they get a bonus to an extent, but after say, 20 crawlers, can their stats be reduced? I'm tired of facing killean and I know exactly what he's going to do. Get two swordwrath, get rage, all at the same time! Mass about 8 swordwrath, kill all your miners and run away. IF that doesn't work, he'll then build ONE spearton and about, 12 archers. Then more archers, and more archers, until he can almost one shot a spearton with so many archers he has. Can this be nerfed? Like, if ONE type of unit takes up 70% of the TOTAL population, their health is decreased, as well as damage or something. Tis a piss off sometimes.

Don't allow him to build up to that much, need to presure him more, and also if someone makes 20 archers and 1 spearton then just counter it with all speartons, or ninjas or a million other possibilities.
Massing one type of unit is not an advantage in that situation, If somone is going mass into one unit type, they are disadvantaged somewhere else. Plus if you know what hes going to do everytime, then why not just counter it easly with all speartons/shadowrath/deads/ spearton/archer/ ect ect

Azxc
11-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Its annoying to me too. The people who masses swordwraths killed my fully upgraded giants quickly. And he also overwhelm my army and kill my magikill just when I am casting spells, so annoying that my castle archers are too late to kill them when he is destroying my statue, but that time if I called albowtross its the same effect like castle archers and because he is the flying unit that can't block like spearton or even swordwrath.

You lost because the magikill casting spell speed is too slow! i think the casting speed should be faster (maybe as same as medusa)

Tecness2
11-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Don't allow him to build up to that much, need to presure him more, and also if someone makes 20 archers and 1 spearton then just counter it with all speartons, or ninjas or a million other possibilities.
Massing one type of unit is not an advantage in that situation, If somone is going mass into one unit type, they are disadvantaged somewhere else. Plus if you know what hes going to do everytime, then why not just counter it easly with all speartons/shadowrath/deads/ spearton/archer/ ect ect
I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. If I could have, I would have.
And that's not always true. Massing all deads with poison, as you have done against me once, has no great counter against it.
Because he does all this within the first 3 minutes, because of the fact, he can put both miners on the statue, for 20 seconds(ish), while building two swordwrath, and also research rage(which that early, is overpowered). By the time he's done researching rage, he has 5 swordwrath.
I start with archer + swordwrath, he goes double sword and rage. I start with double sword, he just runs past my swordwrath and kills a miner. This also has no great counter, except copying the build itself

I used to be able to kick his ass using a track pad, now I can't even compete against him using a mouse (yes, big difference).

DragonFrost
11-28-2012, 07:12 AM
So this thread was started thanks to kilean? But as crazy jay said, if you mass one type of unit, you have a disadvantage somewhere else. example, mass archers, meat shields + mages, right?
P.S. congratulations on becoming a mod.

Tecness2
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
So this thread was started thanks to kilean? But as crazy jay said, if you mass one type of unit, you have a disadvantage somewhere else. example, mass archers, meat shields + mages, right?
P.S. congratulations on becoming a mod.
A lot of my threads are from personal experience, we are afterall, beta-testers, so what better way to test, then to play?
Okay, I want someone to tell me a great counter to...say, 30 archidons, on the grass hills(the largest) map. This is more than enough to one shot a spearton, as order.
A counter to 20 deads with poison, as either.
A counter to 20 Wingadons. (6 can kill an un-upgraded statue within 15 seconds(I think)), as chaos
A counter to 11 enslaved giants or normal giants, as order.
Go go go.

Thanks.

MiamiBigAL
11-28-2012, 01:49 PM
You can beat that build if you go archers.

MiamiBigAL
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
or wall and castle archer.

_Ai_
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
A lot of my threads are from personal experience, we are afterall, beta-testers, so what better way to test, then to play?
Okay, I want someone to tell me a great counter to...say, 30 archidons, on the grass hills(the largest) map. This is more than enough to one shot a spearton, as order.
A counter to 20 Wingadons. (6 can kill an un-upgraded statue within 15 seconds(I think)), as chaos
Go go go.

Thanks.

Counters :
1. 20 Deads (poison)
have 2-3 giants with 5+ archers and 3+ monks with cure spell

2.20 Wingadons
maximum castle archer upgrade, with some albowtrosses

3.11 Giants
get a spearton and run pass through giants and kill miners until none of em are left. they will be forced to retreat but will still remain strong(in time your spearton are attacking their miners, build 2 walls and ninjas shinobi poisoning

Tecness2
11-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Counters :
1. 20 Deads (poison)
have 2-3 giants with 5+ archers and 3+ monks with cure spell

2.20 Wingadons
maximum castle archer upgrade, with some albowtrosses

3.11 Giants
get a spearton and run pass through giants and kill miners until none of em are left. they will be forced to retreat but will still remain strong(in time your spearton are attacking their miners, build 2 walls and ninjas shinobi poisoning
Your giants would be dead too quickly, if the person focused fire, but it may work.
That's not going to stop them, just, keep them away from a short amount of time while he gets a meatshield to attract your castle archer, then 4 shot your statue.
HE WON'T NEED MINERS HE HAS OVER 16500 GOLD. BY THE TIME YOU KILLED HIS SINGLE MINER(he can only have 1 miner with 11 giants) Your statue would be dead.

m0ntana
11-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Actually, massing deads with poision against archers can literally destroy them. But the only way you can win against them, since Dead's have the defense and the archers have the power, is if you get your dead's to attack one unit at a time, killing them all slowly.

RUMMAKER
11-28-2012, 11:24 PM
agreed with everything :D
solution: (less lag + nerf everything)

Bladed Fire
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Massing deads with poison guts will take his mana quickly and this is a disadvantage for him to train marrowkais and medusas.

_Ai_
11-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Your giants would be dead too quickly, if the person focused fire, but it may work.
That's not going to stop them, just, keep them away from a short amount of time while he gets a meatshield to attract your castle archer, then 4 shot your statue.
HE WON'T NEED MINERS HE HAS OVER 16500 GOLD. BY THE TIME YOU KILLED HIS SINGLE MINER(he can only have 1 miner with 11 giants) Your statue would be dead.

full upgraded giants , focus fire to one dead at a time , have giants switch places if damaged bad let clerics heal them
when they retreat, build some giants and albowtross, archers
about that,i forgot he can only have 1 miner.but in the meantime they are training giants,they must have many miners at first. run to em and kill

Invincitron
12-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi reader,

Personally, every unit has a disadvantage.
Miner - Everything
Swordwrath - Spearton/Jugger Knight
Archidon - Allbowtross or Spearton
Meric - Shadowrath or Medusa
Magikill - Shadowrath or Medusa
Spearton - Medusa
Shadowrath - Enslaved Giant/Giant or Medusa
Allbowtross - Enslaved Giant/Giant, Medusa, or Dead
Enslaved Giant - Enslaved Giant/Giant, Medusas, Speartons, or Shadowraths
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enslaved Miner - Everything
Crawler - Everything
Dead - Medusa or Shadowrath
Marrowkai - Medusa
Medusa - Enslaved Giant/Giant or Medusa
Bomber - Everything
Jugger Knight - Enslaved Giant/Giant or Medusa
Wingadon - Dead or Allbowtross
Giant - Enslaved Giant/Giant, Medusas, Speartons/Jugger Knights, or Shadowraths

​Weaknesses...

.:Invincitron:.

MiamiBigAL
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Massing units gets you killed.

e.g. If you get all deads and I get all swordsmen with rage, the deads would be annihilated.

PsychoticCheez
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM

Go go go.

Thanks.

1. Shinobi, upgraded. In any case why is it getting this far anyways?!
Alternatively you could swamp them with swordwrath and archers.

I can't really comment more until I know how much deads cost, and their building speed?

2. Twice as many archers, with a spearton wall in front to keep people from sneaking behind. 20 flying thingamajigs yourself, with the Blazing bolts upgrade.
Again, I can't comment more until I know how much Eclipsors (why do people call them Wingadons?) cost, and their build time.

3. How does it get up to 11. How. In any case ...11 giants?
Mass shinobi. Get cloak x2. Rush their statue.

Or (this is theory, I've not tried it, not a fan of fat giants) get 3 giants as a meat shield, and use 3-4 magikill.

Unless a unit is severely overpowered, I don't see how massing one unit is a problem. Except maybe shinobi. No clue how to deal with that. Possibly flying archers.

Tecness2
12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
1. Shinobi, upgraded. In any case why is it getting this far anyways?!
Alternatively you could swamp them with swordwrath and archers.

I can't really comment more until I know how much deads cost, and their building speed?

2. Twice as many archers, with a spearton wall in front to keep people from sneaking behind. 20 flying thingamajigs yourself, with the Blazing bolts upgrade.
Again, I can't comment more until I know how much Eclipsors (why do people call them Wingadons?) cost, and their build time.

3. How does it get up to 11. How. In any case ...11 giants?
Mass shinobi. Get cloak x2. Rush their statue.

Or (this is theory, I've not tried it, not a fan of fat giants) get 3 giants as a meat shield, and use 3-4 magikill.

Unless a unit is severely overpowered, I don't see how massing one unit is a problem. Except maybe shinobi. No clue how to deal with that. Possibly flying archers.
1: The deads would kill the shinobi, because you can have a maximum of 20 shinobi which would be stupid to have, against 26 which would also be stupid.
2: 40 archers would be 80 supply and then you would have no miners nor speartons. Learn the populations before making over-exaggerating armies. People call them Wingadons because that's their name.
3: On the grass land map, than that would be fine, but on swamp lands or castle or any map like that, your statue would die first or the giants would kill the shinobi very quickly. 11 giants focus firing against 3 giants, the 3 would probably die within 3-6 volleys.

PsychoticCheez
12-13-2012, 04:19 PM
1: The deads would kill the shinobi, because you can have a maximum of 20 shinobi which would be stupid to have, against 26 which would also be stupid.
2: 40 archers would be 80 supply and then you would have no miners nor speartons. Learn the populations before making over-exaggerating armies. People call them Wingadons because that's their name.
3: On the grass land map, than that would be fine, but on swamp lands or castle or any map like that, your statue would die first or the giants would kill the shinobi very quickly. 11 giants focus firing against 3 giants, the 3 would probably die within 3-6 volleys.

1. I disagree that the deads would kill the shinobi.

2 fully upgraded shinobi take out one dead.
10-12 shinobi can take out 5-6 deads, boom. Garrison up to get rid of poison.

At this point, one of two things will happen. Either

A: Deads keep attacking.

I hope you have walls. Walls should buy you enough time to get your cloak ability back. Kill 5-6 more deads. Then don't bother going to the garrison. Finish them off, you should have enough.

B: Deads run back to base.

Wait for the cooldown. Then harrass the deads by sending shinobi up there, two (or four, if you can micromanage) at a time. If they have walls? 2 shinobi (fully upgraded) take out one wall. You'll have to micromanage, but you can make it VERY costly for them.

Why is it stupid to spam a unit that's effective against a unit that your opponent has spammed?

2. My mistake, I apologize. If this is the case you could probably use flying crossbowmen. This may be wrong, I'll admit that. I've not so much experience against Chaos. Then again I doubt most people do.

3. I think the shinobi definitely have a chance even on the smaller maps. You have walls, you have gold, spam them. If I'm wrong and there is simply no way to force a win when fighting 11 giants ...then the problem is not the endgame. The problem is that you left them alone long enough to build those giants.

Triss
12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
1. Shinobi tactics like psychotic.
2. 2 Giants and a lot of bows. The giants will cover the statues, and the bows finish them off
3.7 giants, 2 shinobi,2 magikill(All fully upgraded).Poison them off,(No merics of course) and focus fire at one of the time.