PDA

View Full Version : In search of a new style.

Mercury
11-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Hey yalls, this is just a small 10 min anim I made to explore a new style that may be suitable for me. I think this fits me pretty nicely, although I'm not entirely sure if I should carry on this style:

http://filz.us/9qq

Here's my old generic stick animation style:

http://www.fileize.com/view/59422967-5b6/

KUDA
11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
i like your old style more tbh,its more UGH!!! but your "new" style would be dope it it was developed more,it could be like a hybrid of your old style Mr.Pix and SJ8's style!

berilinky
11-30-2012, 08:02 AM
"entirely sure if I should carry on this style" → In this work, the style is unique.

"Here's my old generic stick animation style" →This work is a clean and powerful!

I have a personal opinion.
Old works better!

Gumball
11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
"entirely sure if I should carry on this style" → In this work, the style is unique.

"Here's my old generic stick animation style" →This work is a clean and powerful!

I have a personal opinion.
Old works better!
She knows best^
Listen to her.

Youwishjellyfish
11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
i really like your 'new' style, and keen to see you do more with it. That said there both badass and theres nothing stopping you from switching when ever you want, so i say go with whatever you feel like at the time.

XaioShadow
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
i think your new style is very comic and original it makes a fun change from your normal style i think you should use it for a while :)

TheSage
11-30-2012, 09:18 AM
i believe your old style was more powerful, but the new one is more original and if you work on it enough it could become original AND powerful

jdogg
11-30-2012, 04:01 PM
IMO you shouldn't try to hard to make a cool style. You should just animate how you animate.

Mikematic
11-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah the first one could be boss if you worked on it more, its definitely more original. The second one was boss too, and actually real original.
I feel you should work on the first one tho, I personally like it more.

Xrebellion
11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Both seems fine, Just animate however you animate.
I don't really think people should have that definite style.
Keep practicing and developing those style man.

Draves
12-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Both seems fine, Just animate however you animate.
I don't really think people should have that definite style.
Keep practicing and developing those style man.

I agree.

Also, I'd love to see an animation like the random rust breaker thing with your new style.
That'd help you choosing better as well.

Scooty
12-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Your "new" style looks very similar to SJ8's. Just go with whatever you're more comfortable with, it'll make animating easier.

Amf
12-01-2012, 09:57 AM
There's style, which means like, the way he does everything, positioning, speed of everything, force blahblah and then there's stick construction which is just how he looks

You didn't change your style AT ALL in between those 2 animations, All you did was change the stick construction. The new stick construction is just going to make it a hassle to animate I would think. If in your style you use kicks a lot, make sure his legs arn't really short and if in your style he punches alot, make sure he doesn't have really tiny arms.

so just kind of go with the comments that are saying go with whats natural, you already have kind of a distinct style, definetely not generic. you could say your stickfigure construction is generic but then so would a whole lot of really great animators

Mercury
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Lol half of my tablet's pen's tip is gone now thanks to that anim. I think I will stay with the 'normal' one for now but still I'm not totally comfortable with it for some reason. Oh well, exploring more may help me find that one special style. Thanks for all the comments everyone!