PDA

View Full Version : Deathmatch mode -

CRAZY JAY
12-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Hey guys just wanted to see what people thought if we put in a deathmatch mode, so you have the options on the main menu to play match or play deathmatch, and it would have its own ranking system and would not effect your current ELO.

What I'm thinking is something like this, You start with 2000 gold and 2000 mana upgraded statue health, And start with 4 miners.

-- Another idea is to have a mode with Destructible rocks in the center, so you would have to break them down like a wall to get passed.

Bladed Fire
12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
I suggest the mode have a starting gold of 5000 gold and 5000 mana, miners and giants locked and start with three archidons or deads, at the middle there's a block that need to be destroyed but can passed through by Allbowtross and Eclipsors,

MiamiBigAL
12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I like the first idea, but only the second idea if it comes with the first idea. I wouldn't want a normal match plus rocks as it would just be a typical teching game.

I would also say ban castle archer on death match mode, and maybe take away garrison heal. That way you avoid a stalemate situation.

Ah, I was under the impression there would be no mining! Otherwise isn't deathmatch mode just a massive teching mode? It wouldn't appeal to me. I was thinking maybe start with 5000/5000 and make it so you can't get resources.

Actually I kind of change my mind. It would solve the one-unit-loss-game-over scenario. I'd still rather a situation where you have skirmishes all the way up until the big armies, but I guess it's an improvement.

And the rocks idea actually does sound kinda cool now.

Maybe even just having rocks on the normal mode could make things interesting.

Ninjastripy
12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Triple post ^^^

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Damn, he even edited his third post too.

jerrytt
12-04-2012, 06:22 PM
lol for the rocks, do miners do bonus damage? that would be intresting.

One problem for this mode, is that one team could just sit it out behind the rocks while the other tries to get rid of the rocks. The second person is basically sitting there waiting for the other team to do the work without risking anything. Perhaps it could be two "miner wall" like rocks, If you destroy the other team's rock you can invade, but they still have to break your rocks to attack you.

CRAZY JAY
12-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, rocks could be placed perhaps on maybe 1 of the maps in normal mode - Eventually we would like it set up so you could invite your friends with these scenarios.

jerrytt
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Damn, he even edited his third post too.

At first i was like wut? Then i was like WTFFFFF POWER ABUSE CHANGING OPINIONSSS!!! Then I was like : o and finally like "make up your mind, jeez" :D

Im rather slow....

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, rocks could be placed perhaps on maybe 1 of the maps in normal mode - Eventually we would like it set up so you could invite your friends with these scenarios.
When you said rocks. I pictured the big green map with a large boulder/mountain in the middle, with, say as much health as an upgraded statue, directly overtop the towerspawn, so you couldn't capture it until you kill these rocks.

77Row
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Can there be a rock that is kinda shaped like a hill that's good enough the climb on and stand on, so that way ranged units can get more range and shoot over some units.

m0ntana
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Both modes sound good.. except in death match mode, if we start off with 2,000 gold and mana, people could get a giant and a mage then we would lose quickly >.<

petmuju
12-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Hey guys just wanted to see what people thought if we put in a deathmatch mode, so you have the options on the main menu to play match or play deathmatch, and it would have its own ranking system and would not effect your current ELO.

What I'm thinking is something like this, You start with 2000 gold and 2000 mana upgraded statue health, And start with 4 miners.

-- Another idea is to have a mode with Destructible rocks in the center, so you would have to break them down like a wall to get passed.

What about having the destructable rocks in the center in the deathmatch mode. And also maybe decrease the starting mana 2000 to 1000.
And the rocks in the center should reappear after sometime so it might be harder to retreat after an attack attempt. :D

usbfridge
12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
How do you kill a rock?

MiamiBigAL
12-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh god, we have an admin nazi in our midst. Thanks for making my post make absolutely no sense anymore.

Tecness2
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh god, we have an admin nazi in our midst. Thanks for making my post make absolutely no sense anymore.
How hard is it to press edit, and add in the word; Also?

CRAZY JAY
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Both modes sound good.. except in death match mode, if we start off with 2,000 gold and mana, people could get a giant and a mage then we would lose quickly >.<

Yah but guess what the other guy can do the same thing so whats the issue?

MiamiBigAL
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Still an admin nazi.

asdfstick
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM

Well if he does get a giant and a mage, the mage could only use explosion since researching poison spray and electric wall costs gold

77Row
12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Yah but guess what the other guy can do the same thing so whats the issue?

If they want to spend all their gold on that then they are skewered so :l.

(not enough miners to slow gold income)

MiamiBigAL
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
It would just change the dynamic of the game. It would bind you to do certain actions though. The first one probably being getting a wall and castle archer as a necessity.

Invincitron
12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi reader,

What a Deathmatch mode? How's that going to work, according to what CRAZY JAY said it looks like it's going to be just like Multiplayer but this added things.

.:Invincitron:.