PDA

View Full Version : Why is Paypal the only way to pay for empire coins or gold membership?

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I went through all of the trouble of getting a Paypal account and linking my bank account to it, but I am unable to transfer money from the bank account to the Paypal account because Paypal is requiring me to send documents I am unable to send. It would have been so much easier if I could have just used my debit card. I absolutely do not understand why Paypal must be the only way to pay for these things.

Is it a religion called "Paypalism"? "The one true way to pay for empire coins is with Paypal! To pay with anything else is just evil!"

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I went through all of the trouble of getting a Paypal account and linking my bank account to it, but I am unable to transfer money from the bank account to the Paypal account because Paypal is requiring me to send documents I am unable to send. It would have been so much easier if I could have just used my debit card. I absolutely do not understand why Paypal must be the only way to pay for these things.

Is it a religion called "Paypalism"? "The one true way to pay for empire coins is with Paypal! To pay with anything else is just evil!"
Well.. you could have just added your debit card to your paypal account.....
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's the only way currently because <insert answer here>
Just relax, I'm pretty sure it will eventually get more ways to pay later.

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I did do that and have no idea how to use the debit card through Paypal.

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I did do that and have no idea how to use the debit card through Paypal.
Well, do what I do. Make a second paypal account, then send money (a bit more than you want to, because of fees) to that account, and then resend it back.
While it costs a bit, as well as being annoying, and there is most likely an easier way, it works.

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, do what I do. Make a second paypal account, then send money (a bit more than you want to, because of fees) to that account, and then resend it back.
While it costs a bit, as well as being annoying, and there is most likely an easier way, it works.

It almost sounds worth it to wait until there is an update on Stick Empires that allows for easier ways of paying for stuff. All I know is, I was planning on being able to play as Chaos for a month and get a lot of empire coins with it. By the way, how much is the fee? If it's not too much I might try your idea.

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
It almost sounds worth it to wait until there is an update on Stick Empires that allows for easier ways of paying for stuff. All I know is, I was planning on being able to play as Chaos for a month and get a lot of empire coins with it. By the way, how much is the fee? If it's not too much I might try your idea.
Depends on how much you send.

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Depends on how much you send.

Oh and how do you get money into the new account to send it to the other one? Do I just use my linked debit card to send the money to the second account?

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh and how do you get money into the new account to send it to the other one? Do I just use my linked debit card to send the money to the second account?
Use the first account, which has the card, to "SEND MONEY" (It's a button) to the second account. Then purchase the chaos with the second account. (Or send the money back to the first account and purchase it there)

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Use the first account, which has the card, to "SEND MONEY" (It's a button) to the second account. Then purchase the chaos with the second account. (Or send the money back to the first account and purchase it there)

Ok, thanks. Oh, should I use a different first name and last name for the second account, or use all of the same information I used to create the first?

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Ok, thanks. Oh, should I use a different first name and last name for the second account, or use all of the same information I used to create the first?
It doesn't matter.

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I tried your idea and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Edit: Well, the transfer worked well, but now when I tried paying for the gold membership, it told me I needed to link another card, which I do not have.

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I tried your idea and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Edit: Well, the transfer worked well, but now when I tried paying for the gold membership, it told me I needed to link another card, which I do not have.
LOL, are you sure you have enough money on the account that you're trying to purchase stuff with?, It's 3.99

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
LOL, are you sure you have enough money on the account that you're trying to purchase stuff with?, It's 3.99

Yes, I sent 5 dollars to the second account, hoping to have enough for the fee, which I did, but I decided to send some of that back to the first account, which already has a card linked to it. I know I had enough to pay with, but Paypal was forcing me to either cancel or link a card anyway. Those were my only options. No skip button.

Oh and I just got an error message trying to send it with the account that already has a card linked. It says it can not process at this time and that I should return to the merchant.

Tecness2
12-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes, I sent 5 dollars to the second account, hoping to have enough for the fee, which I did, but I decided to send some of that back to the first account, which already has a card linked to it. I know I had enough to pay with, but Paypal was forcing me to either cancel or link a card anyway. Those were my only options. No skip button.

Oh and I just got an error message trying to send it with the account that already has a card linked. It says it can not process at this time and that I should return to the merchant.
Odd. Download teamviewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
And I'll help you out with a more...direct approach.

Apophis12
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Odd. Download teamviewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
And I'll help you out with a more...direct approach.

I doubt you could do it any more direct than I did it. I went to Stick Empires armory, clicked on the add coins section, clicked on Gold member, then entered in the Paypal password it asked me for.