PDA

View Full Version : my first flash animations... ever -_-

Stickly
12-06-2012, 08:43 PM
lol i am a pivot guy but I was curious about flash so i tried it.
this is my first try and ya, haha i failed.
hopefully this cheers you guys up ;) have a laugh at it :D
http://www.fileize.com/files/5122c33c/e51/punch_oh_ya.gif
i dont care wut you guys reply, CnC is alil pointless, but still put some on
EDIT:

SECOND try:
http://www.fileize.com/files/a2373b1b/187/brawl_thing.gif
not much better -_-

like 4th try maybe:
http://www.fileize.com/files/68338961/30e/tests.gif
umm.. maybe... uh... XD failure :)
testing gravity and so on

5th anim! I think i have improved a ton :D
http://www.fileize.com/files/4b9b401b/dba/fight_thingie.gif
still shit :)

EDIT:

my first try with angles
http://www.fileize.com/files/13fe727d/a10/speed_angles.gif
sucks

this is on another thread but i will post it here as well...
my first try with the line tool:
http://www.fileize.com/files/20ac3fe8/394/fight_stick.gif
i think im getting better pretty quick..
never mind not really XD

anyway ya my first attempts!

Nobody In Particular
12-07-2012, 02:59 AM
The animation is smooth which is good, however (as you've stated) there is a bit of resizing, and you also need to work on anticipation. Try to use a higher brush smoothing (20 is the minimum) because any lower makes your stick look wobbly.

Stickly
12-07-2012, 02:43 PM
thank you kind sirs!

The animation is smooth which is good, however (as you've stated) there is a bit of resizing, and you also need to work on anticipation. Try to use a higher brush smoothing (20 is the minimum) because any lower makes your stick look wobbly.

thanks for your CnC. it helped. I'll make sure to do that if I ever flash anything again :)

Animation is smooth, Character movement is a bit bad, Overall rating is 8.9/10 :3
So practice moar!!! :3

lol thanks Lethal, I dont think it was that high of a number out of 10 but, thank you

Foscex
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
lethal2, i dont want to be rued or something but i think this anim is a bit less then a 8,9/10:

back to stickly business
since this is your first flash thing, you have still a ton to learn and stuff
but yea you resize, you can get rid of that by using guide lines or a grid
it is very wobbly, try to maintain the sense of direction on your limbs

and the rest it is aaaaaal practice!!
goodluck!

Stickly
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
thanks Foscex :)
and ya I disagreed with Lethal2's 8.9 XD
this sucks and I know it. Glad to see ur pro-ness givin me CnC

Stickly
12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
ok, i double posted.
RAPE ME!

anyway I just made this, flash is fuggin hard X(. improvement? or naw.
I couldnt figure out how to make the figures more smooth... I changed the line smoothness to 20, but it didnt go so well...
anyway this is my SECOND try lol. Again, i will probably never be able to get the full version of flash, im using the trial version right now for curiosity.
http://www.fileize.com/files/a2373b1b/187/brawl_thing.gif

nyneicon
12-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Try 40% smoothness with is the one I use, also you could try right clicking your stick and hit smooth.
Overall just keep practicing its a tough process at first but it'll soften throughout time.

DanmarK
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
just keep going bro. . . and you will realize the greatness of flash animation than pivot. .just saying lol!!

Omnitr0N
12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Someday, you too will realize. Practice will make everything good.

It's smooth. Good for a starting animation. :P wobbliness I can see. Raise your smoothing to 20-28 or whatever. It depends on your style. ;)

techmaru
12-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Dude this is your first.....Do flash, do flash just fuck pivot if this is your first you will be like terkoiz in about 6 months....

Alien
12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Holy shit, how do you animate that good on your first try?!! Just do wat these suckas above me say, im to lazy to CNC

Stickly
12-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Try 40% smoothness with is the one I use, also you could try right clicking your stick and hit smooth.
Overall just keep practicing its a tough process at first but it'll soften throughout time.

40% smoothness.... seems a bit much? lol i will try it and thanks.

just keep going bro. . . and you will realize the greatness of flash animation than pivot. .just saying lol!!

haha I do like flash. I love the effects and all the amazing opportunities and things you can create with it. I guess I will keep trying :)

Someday, you too will realize. Practice will make everything good.

It's smooth. Good for a starting animation. :P wobbliness I can see. Raise your smoothing to 20-28 or whatever. It depends on your style.

thank you :). yup practice makes perfect lul. I raised my smoothing to 20 on that 2nd one, I will try higher i guess. and also dont really have a styleyet, just began yano ;)

Dude this is your first.....Do flash, do flash just fuck pivot if this is your first you will be like terkoiz in about 6 months....

haha thanks bro XD. i didnt think it was that good, but yes thank you :D. I will never be as good as Terk btw, I'm a lazy ass ;)

Holy shit, how do you animate that good on your first try?!! Just do wat these suckas above me say, im to lazy to CNC

lol, thank you to! I will. :D

wow i feel a bit skilled posting back so many replies >:D
thank you all

stickmakerflash
12-07-2012, 08:43 PM

so true

Stickly
12-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by DanmarK

originally posted by stickmakerflash:
so true

lol guyz, I'm good at pivot I guess XD.
i agree tho, flash just be harder... I will practice more! maybe :)

also... do you guys think I should make an RHG? ik I'm a beginner, but wut do u guys think? :P

Alien
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Make an RHG using FLASH thats for sure, pivot is gay, and thats why its free, Pivot is the gayest shit that has landed on this earth since Auschwitz.

stickmakerflash
12-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Don't make an RHG yet. No offense, but there are other flash beginners that are better than you. So not yet. Practice more for now.

Stickly
12-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Don't make an RHG yet. No offense, but there are other flash beginners that are better than you. So not yet. Practice more for now.

Make an RHG using FLASH thats for sure, pivot is gay, and thats why its free, Pivot is the gayest shit that has landed on this earth since Auschwitz.

ok i agree with you stickmakerflash, I know i am not very good, which is why im deciding not to. no offence taken.
and Alien Anims lol, ik I wont make it with pivot haha.

I will keep practicing and once i am good enough I will probably make one, thanks :). I would get the shit beat out of me if i made one right now XD, that is if anyone would be bad enough to battle meh.

thanks 4 makin this a hawt thread lol, the pivot sections gotten too boring.

Wombat
12-08-2012, 10:33 AM
You know, even though you obviously like pivot, you have a lot of potential as a flash animator. For your first flash animation this was really smooth. If ever you switches to flash, I think you could transition quite nicely and become really good! :)

Stickly
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
You know, even though you obviously like pivot, you have a lot of potential as a flash animator. For your first flash animation this was really smooth. If ever you switches to flash, I think you could transition quite nicely and become really good! :)

thanks bro that made my day :D lol

hueycoy
12-08-2012, 02:09 PM
try using 24fps, changed your smoothing into 25 or higher. Keep training and you'll be like me in no time :P

Stickly
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
XD 24 fps probably wouldnt be the best for these anims... but i will try it on another

SkyShift
12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Holy fuck. My first flash animation was a freaking ball moving to the right at 3fps. I will shove the money for flash into your face. Practice moar. SHUT UP AND TAKE MAH MONEY

Stickly
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Holy fuck. My first flash animation was a freaking ball moving to the right at 3fps. I will shove the money for flash into your face. Practice moar. SHUT UP AND TAKE MAH MONEY

lmfao XD. i dont think im really that good, but anyway thanks :).
Money u say?.... hmmmmmm :D

and thanks to everyone for their comments! they really helped alot.
i havnt seen any flash tutorials, so i guess I'll start watching some now

berilinky
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Quickly draw a brush.
Then it will be smooth.
Delineate separate joint.
Doing so will be it natural.

SkyShift
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
That makes two of us. Recently salvaged flash mx 2004 from old flashdrive. Love it. Though you won't get stiff competition from me: here's the first one i've made in like 2 years: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2344/firstrealflash.gif
Your better than me even though you have less experience with it? Face it man, ur a natural :)

Stickly
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Quickly draw a brush.
Then it will be smooth.
Delineate separate joint.
Doing so will be it natural.

oh hey berilinky thanks for your help! :D. the quickly drawing a line is hard for me X(, sorry, i am a perfectionist, but flash isnt for perfectionist nazis i can now tell lol.
anyway i will try to do so. :)

That makes two of us. Recently salvaged flash mx 2004 from old flashdrive. Love it. Though you won't get stiff competition from me: here's the first one i've made in like 2 years:
Your better than me even though you have less experience with it? Face it man, ur a natural

thanks for that, it helped :) and you will get better. pivot helped me learn alot of movement and stuff so thats where i pretty much got most of my talent.
I have also done movie animations and etc. but I am too young to go any farther XD. lol enough with my life, thanks! :D

sorry berilinky i made this b4 i read ur CnC lol.
I just made this, but i think i could have done better :(. its a bit of a physics test, gravity, effects, and other... and a little speed walk as well.
my other ones seem to look better than this one haha, but then again this is only like my 4th animation. this might help u skyshift, for ur flip :P
http://www.fileize.com/files/e8c8050d/7d7/tests.gif
damn the run at the start is wobbly as fuck!
i rushed that part sorry, but what about the flip?

SkyShift
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
THAT FLIP
I WANTS IT
How joo su fukin smoooth

Stickly
12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
THAT FLIP
I WANTS IT
How joo su fukin smoooth

lol thanks. :)
i would send u the flash but i have Adobe Flash Professional CS6 at the moment :/.
anyone want to give me CnC on how to make it betterz?

Stickly
12-08-2012, 11:15 PM
hehehe! double post! :D
sorry XD
i needed to show y'all this i just made tho. I really think i improved... ALOT!
http://www.fileize.com/files/4b9b401b/dba/fight_thingie.gif
still shit :)

heres the slow mo for better understanding :P
http://www.fileize.com/files/8df412a1/c9f/holy_crap_this_is_awesome.gif

SkyShift
12-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Mother. Of. Fuck.
here's a comparison dude: heres an animation i made: like, 5th one.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/sticklyalwayswins.gif/
Look at how freaking wobbly it is!!!
Y U NO WOBBLE?!?!? :P
If i must CnC, the slap and kick seem to happen at the same time. That's all.

Stickly
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Mother. Of. Fuck.
here's a comparison dude: heres an animation i made: like, 5th one.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/sticklyalwayswins.gif/
Look at how freaking wobbly it is!!!
Y U NO WOBBLE?!?!? :P
If i must CnC, the slap and kick seem to happen at the same time. That's all.

thanks and dont worry, you will get better :)
and that wasnt supposed to be a slap, it was supposed to be a twirl thing lol.
it kinda dose look like a slap now dat i look at it again. thank you!
lol now I am trying to do angles XD

Zive
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Not bad at all for first time in flash! Looks like you knew your stuff in pivot! Here are my two pieces of advice:

1) Do NOT switch back to pivot. I know flash is hard to use, but trust me, stick with it and you will NEVER regret it, it just takes practice.

2) Double framing is your BEST FRIEND, I can never stress this enough with animators. Even though I'm not great, I can say that double framing is key to making animations feel more natural and eliminate wobbliness.

Looks like you got a really good sense of motion and easing. Now combine that with flash and double framing and your good to go! Good luck and hope to see more.

Stickly
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Not bad at all for first time in flash! Looks like you knew your stuff in pivot! Here are my two pieces of advice:

1) Do NOT switch back to pivot. I know flash is hard to use, but trust me, stick with it and you will NEVER regret it, it just takes practice.

2) Double framing is your BEST FRIEND, I can never stress this enough with animators. Even though I'm not great, I can say that double framing is key to making animations feel more natural and eliminate wobbliness.

Looks like you got a really good sense of motion and easing. Now combine that with flash and double framing and your good to go! Good luck and hope to see more.

Thanks for your help man :D. and I'm sorry but I might have to stop flash and go back to pivot :'(
I'm 14 and im using the trial version of flash, and once it expires i will probably be finished...
anyway, thank you so much for that, i will try to make the most anims possible b4 it expires :D

ok so I made this before I read your CnC. I tried to do some quick angles... its alil fast paced, but ya my first attempt at different angles
http://www.fileize.com/files/13fe727d/a10/speed_angles.gif
wut do u guys think?

Pivot
12-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I'd say get a tablet, and you'll soar. It took some getting used to, but I love it. And I'm a Pivot guy myself. (Pun intended.)

Yeahp. Just have fun.

Stickly
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
lol i couldnt tell you were a pivot guy XD.
anyway, super n00b over here, whats a tablet? like the touchpad thing lol?

and wut u guys think on my first try with angles? :P

Pivot
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
A tablet's what alot of the animators (of Flash, and Easytoon) use. It makes it like drawing a stick figure on paper.

Also. Saw your newest anim.

My fucking word. I love you. <3. You'll be the next Hyun/Stone/Terkoiz in no time.

Skype me?

Stickly
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
A tablet's what alot of the animators (of Flash, and Easytoon) use. It makes it like drawing a stick figure on paper.

Also. Saw your newest anim.

My fucking word. I love you. <3. You'll be the next Hyun/Stone/Terkoiz in no time.

Skype me?

haha thanks dude XD
an probably not, but I will try!

I'll PM you man :)

EDIT: holy fuck i love you no homo <3

Pivot
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Lol. <3.

Just trying to help a fellow animator.

Stickly
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
:D :D

exceld
12-13-2012, 12:13 AM
umm... nice one for first time in flash... but why you use the brush, if you're the pivot man, why you don't use the lines? I think lines make the body more smooth, because i see that you're using the brush to slow.
Keep learning! :D

Kronozs
12-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Stickly, I saw ur pivot animations ... and they are pretty good, u seem to understand the physics of an animation, I would like to see more from u in the future, but too bad ur only using a trial of flash ... If u get used to flash, u could become an instant pro in just a matter of days
:D

Stickly
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Ohh no, you disagreed my rating of your animation, lol just kidding
I don't know why coz your first flash animation was WAYYY more good than my first animation on flash, Anyway I'm also a Pivot 3 user, I used it for years but since I got way too excited to work on animations like Hyun, I SWITCHED TO IT! Lol anyway your newest animation was 1.2/10, lol jk 10/10 for you :3

Practice more and you'll get the greatness iN THE Future :D

Thanks lol :).
tryin to get betterrrrrr.

Stickly, I saw ur pivot animations ... and they are pretty good, u seem to understand the physics of an animation, I would like to see more from u in the future, but too bad ur only using a trial of flash ... If u get used to flash, u could become an instant pro in just a matter of days

thanks man and thanks for checkin out my pivs, i really appreciate it.

umm... nice one for first time in flash... but why you use the brush, if you're the pivot man, why you don't use the lines? I think lines make the body more smooth, because i see that you're using the brush to slow.
Keep learning!

Thanks, I tried using a line tool for the first time on another thread, but i guess I will post it here as well.
judging by the comments from this, it looks too pivotty.
http://www.fileize.com/files/20ac3fe8/394/fight_stick.gif
well there you go theexceld9.
wobly as fawk

Thanks to an awesome friend I NOW I HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF FLASH! :D
so i guess i can keep on trying to be good-ish!

thank you all ;)

Pivot
12-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Dude.

KEEP. FLASH.

I wants to b ur partner. Pweeze?

Stickly
12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Dude.

KEEP. FLASH.

I wants to b ur partner. Pweeze?

haha im all for it :)

Pivot
12-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Kewl. <3

Stickly
12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
yup ;), anyone who hasnt already commented about my first try with the line tool on my previous thread, feel free to give cnc.

i need moar knowledge >:D

Harleyg
12-14-2012, 12:32 AM
man your sick, keep it up, your line animation looks better, but if you work on brush, you can get sick results.

Stickly
12-14-2012, 12:45 AM
thank you harleyg! :)

glad to hear i am sick X)

Hitsuit
12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
why you change it to swf?,
btw nice for first flash.:D

Stickly
12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
why you change it to swf?,
btw nice for first flash.:D

swf? and thank you.

cant believe people are still commenting on this XD

devay99
12-21-2012, 03:08 AM
wow this thread was just bring me a flashback to my first flash animation ever lol
btw, back to yours. i think you've being good so far, just need more practice and dont forget to do doubleframing, because its really make me easier to animate XD

and i think you're really good at line tool, keep to using it! (but its up to you lol)
keep up the good work :D

devay99
12-21-2012, 03:09 AM
wow this thread was just bring me a flashback to my first flash animation ever lol
btw, back to yours. i think you've being good so far, just need more practice and dont forget to do doubleframing, because its really make me easier to animate XD

and i think you're really good at line tool, keep to using it! (but its up to you lol)

Stickly
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM

thanks! u double posted btw. Since this thread will like never die i will put another one on here (and yes its been posted b4):

http://www.fileize.com/files/8332df95/6f3/kick_back_kick_fire_punch_fire_uppercut_fire_bomb. gif

techmaru
12-21-2012, 01:53 PM
These are amazing for firsts.

Tecktosha
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM
every time you got better and better anim.I like the part with angle

Gecko
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM
The amount of improvement is incredible. Just work on resizing!

Hitsuit
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I know why this thread survive
Because of the Signature Btw Awesome Again

Stickly
12-21-2012, 05:42 PM
thanks guys!

will work on it.

@Jcthekid lol oh ya forgot abt that XD

Hitsuit
12-21-2012, 06:07 PM
ok lol

devay99
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
dang, sorry man for the stupid double post

hueycoy
12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
You got better so quick :O

Pivot
12-23-2012, 07:39 PM
STICKLY.

MOAR EEZING.

U R http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/130703277489-Rainbow_dash_thinks_.jpg

Stickly
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
STICKLY.

MOAR EEZING.

U R http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/130703277489-Rainbow_dash_thinks_.jpg

shit ,<3

You got better so quick :O

thanks dough! :)

Wolf XolboR
12-26-2012, 01:06 AM
What program do you guys use to make these flash video/Animations?

Stickly
12-26-2012, 01:11 AM
What program do you guys use to make these flash video/Animations?

erm, why you ask me?? anyway its Flash 8 usually...