PDA

View Full Version : my first combat combo

Blot
05-17-2008, 04:44 AM
this is my first combat combo......... 4 punches woot

http://upd.animatorhost.com/Edward0/4_punch_combo0l3.gif

Gyohdon
05-17-2008, 04:48 AM
Work on walking. Thats your biggest flaw. Oh, and never leave both feet on one side of the body except if their both in the middle. It looks as if he's all hanging forward. I'd like to look at it again when you fixed that. For the punches, good. The legs just make it bad.

Blot
05-17-2008, 04:55 AM
i wasnt doing the walking like proper i was just doin the punches

Blot
05-17-2008, 04:56 AM
sorry for the doulbe post cnt be stuffed clicking edit and waiting for it to load but what wuld u rank me?

Automaton
05-17-2008, 05:41 AM
low beginner, and you need to work on smoothness i say, then walking, then maybe add some easing.

Chimaera
05-17-2008, 06:18 AM
For the walking, imagine the foot is stuck to the ground until he lifts it upwards.

This will get rid of the sliding problem.

Gyohdon
05-17-2008, 06:44 AM
low beginner

Beginner. No low.. Just Beginner.

John4
05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
You WERE a bit harsh, stickmaycry. I'm glad gyohdon put you in your place. I mean, give Edward a break. I've been thinking about this, and I just want to make a small little statement before commenting on the animation. If somebody were to post an animation in the beginners thread, only beginners would be able to comment on it. Since beginners aren't that good, they will post comments on things they think he/she should fix. So when he/she does fix it, his/her animation will look worse. He/she was 'a bad animator' (Nobody is a bad animator. Some of us might just need practice, but dont call anybody animation a load of crap) and took advice from another 'bad animator', therfore, making his/her animation worse. Beginners need to get advice from people that know what they are doing, and are willing to take the time to watch the animation over and over, pointing out some small mistakes. The beginners thread is worthless in my opinion.

Okay, now I will comment on the animation =D. Back looked stiff, and he was moving his legs like a mad man. Dont put the same four punches all together in an animation, because it's not that imaginative. Like, make one attack him spinning around with both arms out. Do some damage to the opponent, eh? And also, I dont think you should make him go downwards when he's doing the punches. Because where you left him, he is in an open place to get kicked in the teeth by an opponent. It was good, just needs some easing, and sont move his legs all that much. Focus on everything you are doing, not just the arms.

fish
05-17-2008, 12:20 PM
like everyone else said, just work on the walking and it should come together a lil better

Upps
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Edward, try to keep the feet in the same previous spot anles he is walking then the foot should only get off the ground wh he's taking another step.

and please post in the beginners thread, seriously people will get mad a you..*_*

Blot
05-17-2008, 07:17 PM
meh they can get mad at me all i want i hate begginers thread no one answers back for my criticism

invertin
05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
EXACTLY!

The beginners thread is full of people who can't animate telling everyone else they suck, or people who can't animate telling everyone else they rock.

Plus more than half of them can't spell the word "spell".

/Opinion

Choppy, stiff, etc.

Normally I ignore ranks (because they are silly) but you are beginner.

That's all we really need in ranks, Beginner, normal, veteran/EPIC

Blot
05-17-2008, 07:35 PM
kk thanks, u and john and ult stk r the ones who acctually agree with me and acctually give me some proper criticism that i can understand

parssanth
05-17-2008, 07:42 PM
This is stickmaycry,

Ok...Edward0 you right and heres some of my real words for your anim.

Very good for a beginner.

It's choppy and stiff

How to make it better

Try raising up the frames per second to 17.Excellent for you.

Make small movements.If you have msn I will show you how.Add my msn tntyourcar@yahoo.com

and..Yeah..sorry..

The reason I'm using this account is because I got banded till 25-5-2008 for saying Idi*t... sorry for that