PDA

View Full Version : Some fluid practice

GMR
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Trying to make the movements very smooth...what do you think?

http://www.fileize.com/view/6ea02704-8bb/

Zive
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM
As for the smooth part, I guess its lookin good. I mean, its not wobbly. I think the one thing your missing is easing my friend. A little bit of that and double framing should make it better.

Also, for your stick figure, try to give him more joints, stubby arms and legs can lead to oversizing and unclear movements. For example, try giving him shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, and ankles. It might be harder to animate with more parts, but the animation will pay off in the end.

Overall, not bad at all! I can tell you worked on being smooth. Hope to see more soon!

GMR
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the advice! Also, I like my characters stubby. :)

Zive
12-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the advice! Also, I like my characters stubby. :)

Well if that's your style, go for it!

GMR
12-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Thank you. :) I'll be showing some more soon, probably!

CrewKid
12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Slow the hell down, you need waaaay more inbetween frames. More frames for each action. Add 4 more frames to every action and I promise it will be way smoother.
A walk step should be at LEAST 6 frames when starting out. 3 of initial liftoff, 2 for the legs crossing, and 3 easing the foot landing.

GMR
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks.

dabigE13
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
hmmmm.... ok let me try and give some decent cnc :)
i wouldnt say its sucky but its also not basic. if you had a basic skill of making things fluid you would make the characters movements more distinguished. if stubby is your style thats fine but it makes such strange movements its difficult to even make out. theres such drastic and random changes between the frames. he jumps to his next movement without build up or easing. this plus the fact that he's drawn stubby makes it almost impossible to tell what he's doing. i had to watch it 4 times and then go frame by frame to tell that he was supposed to be kicking. and yes like crewkid said, the running needs more frames. at one point it was only 2 frames for a step. 2 frames. i usually use atleast 5 or 6. thats why it looked like he just wobbled over when he went to do the kick. add more frames and work on consistency and easing and this will help alot! :)

GMR
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
OK. Now i see what you mean.

Fp3
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
As for the smooth part, I guess its lookin good. I mean, its not wobbly. I think the one thing your missing is easing my friend. A little bit of that and double framing should make it better.

Also, for your stick figure, try to give him more joints, stubby arms and legs can lead to oversizing and unclear movements. For example, try giving him shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, and ankles. It might be harder to animate with more parts, but the animation will pay off in the end.

Overall, not bad at all! I can tell you worked on being smooth. Hope to see more soon!
what are you talking about man it's clearly wobbly as hell , it looks like the stick is having a seizure lol, anyways dont get butt hurt im just trying to help. what you need to do pal is to start like we all did (or atleast i did by recommendations after reading a guide on flash for 2 hours) animate a ball bounce (heavy,light etc..) this well help you on youre physics and after anymating it over and over and you think you got you're phisics down and ready to rock and roll use the same ball method to practice your easing by making the ball go back and forth and so on and so on practice with the ball because its realllly help full after you've played around with the ball method , you should start practicing on stick figure construction etc ... and than you can make some walking loops runing loops practice combos etc..
i hope this helps i wasnt trying to be a dick at the begining i was just been fucking honest man because you can only help an individual improve by telling them the truth .
good luck mate

GMR
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the advice and honesty. <-- Not so sure about that part though, lol.