PDA

View Full Version : New Style

épique
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
So I decided I should get a new style, and after some experimenting I got this.
http://filz.us/c5d

Some of you might think this looks a little like Pin, and it was greatly inspired by him.
I love you pin.

CnC Please guys! I know its short but I tend to be a choppy animator and this seems pretty smooth to me.

EDIT: Please reply guys :(

AaronIsNeato
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
You might as well call this "Old Style" if it was inspired by someone else. Just animate your own way and your style will almost automatically develop itself.

Zive
12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
So I decided I should get a new style, and after some experimenting I got this.
http://filz.us/c5d

Some of you might think this looks a little like Pin, and it was greatly inspired by him.
I love you pin.

CnC Please guys! I know its short but I tend to be a choppy animator and this seems pretty smooth to me.

EDIT: Please reply guys :(

Looks good! I like the feel to the style, no wobbliness, smooth, easing, very good. The only thing I would be picky about was the last movements when he's facing to the right. Those were a little weird but it looks great overall!

And if your trying to make your anims look like someone else's, thats great, but just don't let that eat you up and make you rethink decisions when animating.

Like AaronIsNeato, "Just animate your own way and your style will almost automatically develop itself."

KyZ
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
You might as well call this "Old Style" if it was inspired by someone else. Just animate your own way and your style will almost automatically develop itself.
There's nothing wrong with being INSPIRED by someone's style. Considering your style is hardly developed yet I don't think there's much room for you to judge.

Julermud
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
It is a little choopy, but really no big deal. keep up the good work and i shall not butt fuck you >:O

EDIT: and also! PIN is mine!!!

Look at my signature

Gecko
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
It is a little choopy, but really no big deal. keep up the good work and i shall not butt fuck you >:O

EDIT: and also! PIN is mine!!!

Look at my signature

Dirty cheater. He was mine first.

AaronIsNeato
12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with being INSPIRED by someone's style. Considering your style is hardly developed yet I don't think there's much room for you to judge.

You call it inspiration when it's really just flat-out copying. How would you know my style in any way, shape or form? Have you been stalking me, sir?

KyZ
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
You call it inspiration when it's really just flat-out copying. How would you know my style in any way, shape or form? Have you been stalking me, sir?
Oh hey, Maybe use your brain and remember you posted one of your Animations on the Community Animations not too long ago. You don't even know much about animating or Pin's style so before you go around accusing him of 100% flat out copying his style do your research so you don't look like a total ass. In case you didn't know sometimes people like the way others animate, they want their animations to be some-what like theirs because they prefer the way it looks or they think they would feel more comfortable animating that way. Almost everyone's style is inspired so you might as well go to everyone's animations saying 'copied' 'copied' 'copied'. Now do everyone a favor and stop acting like you know what you're talking about when as your Title says 'Ugh, I suck at this...' Which by the way makes you sound like a depressed teenager and Stickpage is a happy place...

AaronIsNeato
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
You're so mad lolol. Chill out. My title has nothing to do with my knowledge, it has to do with my execution. Now, you insulted me first, so tell me again who looks like an ass.

épique
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Kk more stuff about the anim please. :3

AaronIsNeato
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Alright. Back on topic. What has been said is really much of what needed to be said. I'm not referring to my posts only by the way, take into consideration what Julermud said.

KyZ
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
You're so mad lolol. Chill out. My title has nothing to do with my knowledge, it has to do with my execution. Now, you insulted me first, so tell me again who looks like an ass.

So much invalid, it hurts my head. Anyway, the Animation was great Epique keep using the style I like.

AaronIsNeato
12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
^ Obviously upset because he was blocked on Skype after he stalked me there. (http://fav.me/d5nunkb)
Epique, I hope you don't take what I said into offense. It wasn't meant to be that way.

Stickly
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
like the style :D,
lol comment wars..

épique
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
CnC is never offensive. :)

AaronIsNeato
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Cool. The sooner [the vast majority of] members learn that, the better. c:

KyZ
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
^ Obviously upset because he was blocked on Skype after he stalked me there. (http://fav.me/d5nunkb)
Epique, I hope you don't take what I said into offense. It wasn't meant to be that way.

Thanks for pointing out to the Forums how childish you are, it really helps me out!

AaronIsNeato
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks for pointing out to the Forums how childish you are, it really helps me out!
Don't blind yourself with your attempts for self-gratification. Also, get on topic. We've already moved on. You're acting like you're defending a guy that clearly said he took no offense. Just stop trying.

Pin
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Alot of people have been inspired by me lately, i kinda feel loved. <3

Stickly
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
<3 u pin :)

épique
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Alot of people have been inspired by me lately, i kinda feel loved. <3

PINNYKINZ! Come here and give me a hug <3
EDIT: if you CnC I will jizz.

Stickly
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM

u jizz easily...
then again its pin ;)

Pox
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Don't blind yourself with your attempts for self-gratification. Also, get on topic. We've already moved on. You're acting like you're defending a guy that clearly said he took no offense. Just stop trying.

Actually in a way, he had the better side of the argument. You kept changing the topic which is an obvious sign of you not having any good counter-argument.

But anyway, I like the style ,though, It has room for improvement. Keep up the good work.

AaronIsNeato
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Actually in a way, he had the better side of the argument. You kept changing the topic which is an obvious sign of you not having any good counter-argument.

But anyway, I like the style ,though, It has room for improvement. Keep up the good work.
And quote me changing the subject multiple times. If not, drop the subject like how I did.

Pox
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
And quote me changing the subject multiple times. If not, drop the subject like how I did.

I would but I couldn't keep track. and it would be waste of space like you.

exceld
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
nice anim. but there is something that make the stickman doesn't look strong. The stickman is to cute.. the head is to big and the body is not tall enough, but great movement, and you don't give the strength effect, like shaking, or the wind that get his puch, or any effect, and don't forget the sound. :)

Pin
12-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Its a good try, work a bit more on your easing. Also it's a bit stop and go, and really choppy and wobbly. It's a nice movement, and you'll get better and be like Guz with like a million different types of combos, just work a little harder okay bud! :)

Also, please, don't jizz on me. ;A;
Aim your pee pee at Sticky Business, so he will be sticky, and smell like salty coins and milk.

AaronIsNeato
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
I would but I couldn't keep track. and it would be waste of space like you.
1. Get back on topic.
2. You didn't because you had no grounds. End of story.
3. You were never part of this, so stay out.

Congrats Epique lol.

Stickly
12-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Its a good try, work a bit more on your easing. Also it's a bit stop and go, and really choppy and wobbly. It's a nice movement, and you'll get better and be like Guz with like a million different types of combos, just work a little harder okay bud! :)

Also, please, don't jizz on me. ;A;
Aim your pee pee at Sticky Business, so he will be sticky, and smell like salty coins and milk.

aww thank you :D

i feel so loved lol

plz dont jizz on meh

KyZ
12-13-2012, 10:07 AM

I like this guy.

Julermud
12-13-2012, 12:19 PM
everybody SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET'S ALL LOVEPIN

Pin chose me.....i did not choose him. so everybody lick my jinglebells

KyZ
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
everybody SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET'S ALL LOVEPIN

Pin chose me.....i did not choose him. so everybody lick my jinglebells
Present your Jingle Bells to me.

the pivoter
12-13-2012, 01:49 PM
CC for the animation: I am not going to pretend I know any flash. If I did, my name would be 'the flasher' and that would not end well. So if I make any mistakes in this, feel free to correct me.

The head seems to be wobbling constantly throughout the animation. I believe that this head was moved during the animation and not re-drawn. If this is true, then I would suggest treating the head like a separate limb and easing it separately, while keeping it connected to the body.

The foot placement is nice but at the final movement of the animation, when the stick moves his right (my perspective) foot down, his left foot magical changes directions.

Everything is slightly wobbly as well, not quite sure as to how to fix that.
Near the middle of the animation, the stick seems to shrink to maybe 3/4 his size and then grows back to regular size at the end. His right arm grows noticeably smaller during the third punch(middle of animation).

All the hits seem to be lacking force, especially the kick at the end. To fix this I would suggest deleting a frame when the hit is executed. I have constructed a super rushed animation to illustrate this. (Yes, it is in pivot but I would think the general idea is presented)
http://www.fileize.com/files/8432c18a/6c1/helping.gif
In this animation, I make a leg of a stick figure kick twice. On the first kick, I have the leg stop (at which point I spam a 1000 frames) at a point which I believe would be a good spot to kick from. At this point during your kick, you can double frame that one frame to add even more force. After this frame, I skip straight to the kick. This creates an effect of a very powerful kick, happening very fast, Bruce Lee style. At the next kick I show how the kick would look without the stop on that frame, like in an actual animation. It looks a little silly, but when you have the other body parts moving as well, the effect is well shown.

To show how this would look in an actual animation, I insert this (Once again, excuse my pivot animation. As well, the first hit is a bit shoddy, but I think the effect is well represented at the second hit):

http://www.fileize.com/files/74b3ddde/973/notbasds.gif

Other than those things, I enjoyed the animation quite a bit. Keep working on it, and keep making more.

General:
Who is Pin and why is he so great? (Not meaning to be rude, I just lack knowledge on this and I would like to gain it promptly)

Cruel
12-14-2012, 04:40 PM
CC for the animation: I am not going to pretend I know any flash. If I did, my name would be 'the flasher' and that would not end well. So if I make any mistakes in this, feel free to correct me.

The head seems to be wobbling constantly throughout the animation. I believe that this head was moved during the animation and not re-drawn. If this is true, then I would suggest treating the head like a separate limb and easing it separately, while keeping it connected to the body.

The foot placement is nice but at the final movement of the animation, when the stick moves his right (my perspective) foot down, his left foot magical changes directions.

Everything is slightly wobbly as well, not quite sure as to how to fix that.
Near the middle of the animation, the stick seems to shrink to maybe 3/4 his size and then grows back to regular size at the end. His right arm grows noticeably smaller during the third punch(middle of animation).

All the hits seem to be lacking force, especially the kick at the end. To fix this I would suggest deleting a frame when the hit is executed. I have constructed a super rushed animation to illustrate this. (Yes, it is in pivot but I would think the general idea is presented)
http://www.fileize.com/files/8432c18a/6c1/helping.gif
In this animation, I make a leg of a stick figure kick twice. On the first kick, I have the leg stop (at which point I spam a 1000 frames) at a point which I believe would be a good spot to kick from. At this point during your kick, you can double frame that one frame to add even more force. After this frame, I skip straight to the kick. This creates an effect of a very powerful kick, happening very fast, Bruce Lee style. At the next kick I show how the kick would look without the stop on that frame, like in an actual animation. It looks a little silly, but when you have the other body parts moving as well, the effect is well shown.

To show how this would look in an actual animation, I insert this (Once again, excuse my pivot animation. As well, the first hit is a bit shoddy, but I think the effect is well represented at the second hit):

http://www.fileize.com/files/74b3ddde/973/notbasds.gif

Other than those things, I enjoyed the animation quite a bit. Keep working on it, and keep making more.

General:
Who is Pin and why is he so great? (Not meaning to be rude, I just lack knowledge on this and I would like to gain it promptly)

Lmao u gave a whole tutorial :3