View Full Version : Physics animation practice

GMR
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Tell me what you guys think, please. :)

http://filz.us/cpq

Scarecrow
12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
not bad, but needs work.

acceleration from the drop and the peak of the bounce should be more gradual.

more easing into the peak of the bounce.

the ball should not come to a complete halt in mid air.

GMR
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the advice.

EmoCat
12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
When a ball hits the grounds it wont just get flat for 2 frames, it will expand horizontally and squash vertically. then on the return upwards it will extend vertically.

dabigE13
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
nice to pro seems kind of drastic... anyways the ball seems to stop in mid air. what it should do is ease more as it slows when going up and then speed up when going down. there was a little bit of this but it stopped in mid air for to long. it should constantly be either slowing down as it goes up or speeding up as it goes down.

exceld
12-13-2012, 12:24 AM
sooo... just a ball animation?! nice enough for me.. but still need some works..

NrgFA
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
There is no reason to put a poll on this thread,also,I think it would have been nicer if you used stickfigures so that it would be easier to critisize.
But when the ball bounces,it looks like it bounces off nothing until the platform comes up,and by that time it is in mid-air and ready to come back down,but you can still tell atleast that it came off the platform because it came up as the ball was getting ready to perform another bounce.

KyZ
12-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Needs a bit more easing and maybe 'squash' the ball a little when it lands.

jdogg
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
There is no reason to put a poll on this thread,also,I think it would have been nicer if you used stickfigures so that it would be easier to critisize.
But when the ball bounces,it looks like it bounces off nothing until the platform comes up,and by that time it is in mid-air and ready to come back down,but you can still tell atleast that it came off the platform because it came up as the ball was getting ready to perform another bounce.
He's using a ball so that he can get the handle of animation before he starts animating actually things, which is actually a good thing to do.

@???: Pretty much what scarecrow said.

GMR
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks all of you guys, I learned a lot.

NrgFA
12-13-2012, 08:13 PM
He's using a ball so that he can get the handle of animation before he starts animating actually things, which is actually a good thing to do.

@???: Pretty much what scarecrow said.

So this is a test? I can understand if you're working on easing but ???,does this mean that you are going into 'Heads First' style? I hope you know what you are doing. o-e

If you are going to practice and prepare for actual figures,I suggests that he USES actual figures,balls are much easier to animate,so you aren't really practicing.But I hope you do improve and change everyone's perspective.

-Evan William esquire

GMR
12-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey thanks.Why not use a heads first style? Is there a better way? Please share... :o

Luzoto
12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey thanks.Why not use a heads first style? Is there a better way? Please share... :o

Stop taking my form of logical reasoning (and don't say why not). And usually, I would draw the body first in a stick animation, then copy+paste the head on later. I'm not sure how heads first works, but I've seen it in a few WIP animations, so I have nothing to say for it.

About the ball animation, you should take the CnC and re-do it, and post the anim with CnC as a second link here, to see if you really got it.

NrgFA
12-13-2012, 08:43 PM

I never said there was a better way,I was simply implying that you need more skill before 'Heads first',I use it and my animations suck.It might be to advanced for your skill.You also need to deal with resizing,that can easily happen while animating with heads first.Heads first is good for easing and such.I am not saying you suck at animation,I am only saying you should improve more and understand the concept of easing.

GMR
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I didn't think you said I suck, (*_*) I just wanted to know if there was another way to do it.

Scarecrow
12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
About the ball animation, you should take the CnC and re-do it, and post the anim with CnC as a second link here, to see if you really got it.

do that