PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be large combo

the pivoter
12-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Again'st all my belief that this animation should be in the beginners section, I posted a new thread for this so I could have a quick way of finding my progression though this animation.

I will be constructing a large combo, preferably 10-25 movements long. As I go on, I would like for comments on what movement I should do next. Try your best to keep it in a way so that it flows with the animation, not something like a jump kick right after a back flip.

I am aware that this could go in the community projects section, but I would like it in the pivot section because there is a high chance of people viewing it.

As well, I know that TAPS combo generator exists, but I would not like some computer generated random string of moves, I would like a well thought out selection of acrobatics and attacks selected for me by the community.

Finally, I am not the best animator, but I would like to stop doing tests and get an actual large animation going, something worth presenting to the community. CC is always appreciated (I know about the shakiness at the 3rd kick on the back leg)

Attacks so far (Done, Working on,Not started yet)
Elbow
Kick
Back Kick
Jab/Underpunch?
Knee
Knee
Sweep kick
Roll
Oh my, out of moves D:

http://www.fileize.com/files/09745c62/27c/combo_2_.gif

Stickly
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
actually the pivot section has been kinda boring, thanks for posting this!

your not a beginner anymore! u have a lot of talent.

My CnC would probably be to speed it up? Idunno but the attacks seem slow.
everything else is super fluid and your foot placement is excellent.
I dont know what you should add to your combo but i cant wait til the final project.
good luck :)

Chimero
12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't really know much about pivot but noticed one thing.
That's that the arms fall back in their normal (relaxed?) position after each hit, try combining the movements of the arms after a hit. I think that'll look a bit more sensemaking. ._.
Gl ;)

the pivoter
12-14-2012, 06:06 PM
actually the pivot section has been kinda boring, thanks for posting this!

your not a beginner anymore! u have a lot of talent.

My CnC would probably be to speed it up? Idunno but the attacks seem slow.
everything else is super fluid and your foot placement is excellent.
I dont know what you should add to your combo but i cant wait til the final project.
good luck :)

Thank you for the advice. Speeding it up for me seems to ruin the animation (I tried). Also, I spent about 1hr min making the first 3 hits, I am guessing 80% spent on getting the foot placement right. It is quite tedious with feet. Although your flattery boosts my ego a bit, I still believe I would fall under beginner in one of the those fancy ranking sites.

I don't really know much about pivot but noticed one thing.
That's that the arms fall back in their normal (relaxed?) position after each hit, try combining the movements of the arms after a hit. I think that'll look a bit more sensemaking. ._.
Gl ;)

Thank you for the input as well. I have never actually thought about the relaxing of the arms. I would attempt to fix that as I progress in the animation, but I have no idea where I would put my arms. The only reason I relax the arms is they have no where else to go. If you could tell me how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to the two of you. I will add on to the animation tonight or tommorow afternoon.

Edit: Finished another hit. I tried to add some slow mo onto the knee, turned sort of wierd, prob will change.
Also, I need more movements, almost done the ones I told myself to do. I will stop animating tonight, as if I animate more it will be awful.
http://www.fileize.com/files/09745c62/27c/combo_2_.gif