PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of Maplestory?

InsertNameHere
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I was just wondering how everyone thought of Maple Story. You like, you don't like it, or never played it... I personally really like the game, i find it "refreshing" and "originally" spectacular.
__
this is the website /link\ (http://maplestory.nexon.net)
and here's a picture (http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3049/2MapleStory-screenshot-BboingEe-111292514050-med.jpg) of the game. and another (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3049/2MapleStory-screenshot-BboingEe-111292514050-med.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/showphoto.php/photo/8354&h=469&w=600&sz=63&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=P6TLPVlkhAwo8M:&tbnh=106&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMaple%2Bstory%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26s a%3DG) one, and another (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3049/2MapleStory-screenshot-BboingEe-111292514050-med.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/showphoto.php/photo/8354&h=469&w=600&sz=63&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=P6TLPVlkhAwo8M:&tbnh=106&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMaple%2Bstory%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26s a%3DG) one...

and a video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=akpu68uJQNU) zomg

just wanted everyone's opinion on it.

Exile
05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
I think playing a game where you do nothing but kill enemies to get gold to buy better weapons to kill stronger enemies to get more gold to do the same ****ing thing is basically like running around in a circle for several hours and calling each new revolution a "refreshing" experience

And don't even mention quests, because quests are nothing but "kill X amount of enemies and bring back their loot for money/weapons/items worth a lot of money to be spent on weapons"

Scarecrow
05-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Where is the option for "it's almost as gay as runescape"

Lixu
05-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Altough this game is the same thing non-stop, it can be challenging:
Fight monsters you miss alot
Go party quests with a noob team
Choose a fat build like protecting ice mage or something

wich doesnt means this game rules, because you can do that with anything.
also it looks a bit.. gay.. i mean, the chars are freaking tiny, with a huge head.
( I know that that is manga, but i dont like THIS manga )
AND there is a huge lack of details when fighting, like blood, spell sounds, items pick-up.

Spells: When you cast a "thunder bolt" and you cast it on a "Slime", you hear water, wich is wrong because its a THUNDER bolt. My opinion.
Blood: there is a huge lack of blood

i vote for nah

Scarecrow
05-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Of course it looks gay, it's aimed at children who would play runescape

the_hero
05-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Where is the option for "it's almost as gay as runescape"

It is as gay as runescape.

Scarecrow
05-18-2008, 05:53 AM
nothing is as gay as runescape

it's pretty close though

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 05:58 AM
>.>....
wow.... this isn't like nubscape... that is a gay game... this at least in my opinion is 10x better... and besides, i bet most of you haven't played this game before (or alt east a high level character...) I meet alot of ppl on that game, hell i own a guild on it, i hold guild events all the time. i talk and have parties with my friends all the time, we go on boss raids, participate in website guild events. the game is more then just kill, level, new gear, kill, level, new gear, kill.... just watching that stupid parody about how that game goes on in loop is freaking stupid...

Exilement pretty much took the words right from the parody, or at least the main idea of it.... the game isn't 100% like that... actually play it, get past level 40, join a guild, talk to people and participate in events then tell me the game is gay....

Gray
05-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Why would I want to bore myself for weeks to get to level 40, so that I can join guilds and parties with a bunch of 10 year fags?

I got to level 20, I have never been so bored IN MY LIFE. ****ing hell this game is shit.

the_hero
05-18-2008, 06:40 AM
just watching that stupid parody about how that game goes on in loop is freaking stupid...

What has our friend done wrong here, kids?

Silly mistake is silly.
c wut i did thar?

But, seriously, runescape was the same.
It's nothing new, nothing different.
All MMORPG's are the seem, in my opinion.
And, because I'm ****ing epic, my opinion always happens to be right.
Those who dissagree without a good point, fail at my feet.

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 07:35 AM
ok so please tell me 2 other side scroll 2-D MMORPG's that have 4.sumtin million players....

Scarecrow
05-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Why the **** would you want to play a side scrolling rpg in multiplayer?

the_hero
05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
ok so please tell me 2 other side scroll 2-D MMORPG's that have 4.sumtin million players....

No, i have no tin, sorry.

If all those players are like you, then that would explain why they play.

Idiots.

Scorpioxxx
05-18-2008, 12:33 PM

It has 4-something million signed up players of which about 2% have logged in since the day they were created.

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 02:57 PM
then i wonder why 4 0f 8 servers are usually full everyday then, and that in most servers the game is so freaking crowded i can't even go hunt without people in my face... this isn't always true on some servers but i've had the problem before...

STUFF
05-18-2008, 03:04 PM
You have to understand everyone, the people that play the game are ages 9-12. I'm willing to bet InsertNameHere is 11 or 12.

I've never played MapleStory mainly because it was the craze when I was still playing RuneScape and I thought it'd be the same thing. I checked it on Google Images and my god, the 2-D images really turned me off. It's basically like Mario + more enemies + levels + other players. The effects are pretty cheesy and I hate how the faces are manga-like. I'm not a big fan of MMORPG overall, but if I were to play one, I'd play Guild Wars, where you have the option to choose either a Role Playing Character or a plain Player vs. Player character, where you just fight other players all day. The only thing you need to acheive is money, for new skills.

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
i'm 13.... been playing since it came out...

w/e if no one on this site likes it but me then w/e...

Exile
05-18-2008, 05:54 PM
then i wonder why 4 0f 8 servers are usually full everyday then, and that in most servers the game is so freaking crowded i can't even go hunt without people in my face... this isn't always true on some servers but i've had the problem before...

2% of 4 million is 80,000 players. I'm pretty sure that kind of number can fill 4 servers.

Gray
05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
2% of 4 million is 80,000 players. I'm pretty sure that kind of number can fill 4 servers.

MATH PWNED MOTHER****ER.

c

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 06:36 PM
fine then, you want math, you got it..... Let's look at ms world wide...
* Korea since 2002, 200 thousand subscribers (concurrent users), 14 million subscribers (total)
* Japan since November 2003, 9 million subscribers
* China since December 2004, 25 million subscribers
* Taiwan since July 2005, 3.5 million subscribers
* Thailand since August 2005, 550 thousand subscribers
* South East Asia (mostly Singapore and Malaysia) since June 2005, 550 thousand subscribers
* North America (Global) since May 2005, 3.5 million subscribers

2% that =P

and that's old, don't forget that there is ATLEAST a 100k subscriber climb per year

the_hero
05-18-2008, 07:05 PM
and that's old, don't forget that there is ATLEAST a 100k subscriber climb per year

What, and nobody ever stops playing?

InsertNameHere
05-18-2008, 08:21 PM
i'm just saying that put together all around the world there are alot of people that play the game... that's all...

General Douchington
05-18-2008, 11:57 PM
It's okay game, but it's just so slow-going and tedious. Leveling up is just suuuuchhh a bitch.

By the way, what's with all the talk about <RuneScape3.

InsertNameHere
05-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I dunno how anyone could compare RS and MS.... there REALLY REALLY different, so i dunno...

ultramega
05-19-2008, 01:48 AM
It's boring.

Grind. Grind. Grind. And grind some more.

Guest.
05-19-2008, 06:21 AM
I smell an uprising, burn the heratics, death to the infidel, I pledge that u all will burn in hell, a hell so unrealistic u will think it's a game but your in hell... as i was saying... Burn the heratics!!!

f u c k ing retards
.................................................. .................................................. ........

I agree! **** u all i hate stick figures any way!!!!!!!

u play runescape u computer nerd,and why are u on this website this website died at least 4 years ago thats right u all heard me

STICKPAGE IS DEAD AND DIED A LONG TIME AGO:Embarrassed:

And I'm embarresed for all of you u ****ing weirdos!!!!!!

Lolwut .

Steyene
05-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Bad DOD, now fuc[size=2k[/size] off.

Myself
05-19-2008, 07:24 AM
MAPLES STORY WAS GOOD UNTIL LEVEL 10 THEN IT TURNED INTO A GRIND GAME THUS THE ONLY HALF-DECENT THING ABOUT WAS DESTROYED THEREFORE IT IS GAY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE DO NOT RELATE TO HOW GOOD IT IS ONLY HOW STUPID THE MAJORITY OF THE WORLDS POPUluS Iz

no grammar get

stickpageisdead.com
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
yeh

Rpgs suck more penis than paris hilton and hats a lot of penis

ATP17
05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
i never liked the concepts of these games, one becuase you kill the most harmless things ever, get crap off of them and buy crap, im okay fowith the buying stuff part, but not the "oh i got to level 75 or w/e". But the dumbest part is that half the time you attack these creatures u miss, when u "clearly " knocked them in the head

the afro ninja
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I downloaded it once and didn't keep playing for too long. Was too.....RPG. I hate MMORPGs. MMOs are good. RPGs are alright. But they are shit life wasters when compiled together. Its like Bacon and Bananas.

MonsterBreath12
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Why would I want to bore myself for weeks to get to level 40, so that I can join guilds and parties with a bunch of 10 year fags?

I got to level 20, I have never been so bored IN MY LIFE. ****ing hell this game is shit.

when i typed in bone thugs on youtube i saw the same ad in your sig. i lmao.

and mind putting extremly nerdy on the top?