PDA

View Full Version : The Vikings Race.

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 04:57 AM
I felt it needed it's own thread.

The Vikings!
They came in ships...so many ships. Their numbers paled in comparison to that of ours but their strength......Oh god their strength. It was like a David against Goliath story, and we were Goliath. ~ An Order Swordwrath.

We like fighting with weapons within arms reach, like true men, but our enemies....they hide in the sky like birds. We must bring them down. ~ A Viking Warrior

Also, they all have pants.

Miner: He's a standard Miner, holding a one-sided pickaxe.

Viking Warrior: He's a proud viking warrior, strong, proud, and deadly.

Looks: Looks like a swordwrath, but has a viking helmet, and a hatchet, no shield.
HP: Higher than a swordwrath(10%).
Movespeed: Slower than a swordwrath(10%).
Damage: Higher than a swordwrath(10%).
Cost: 200 Gold - 2 Population
Buildtime: 12 Seconds.

Javelin Thrower: He dislikes his job, but he does it well. He is considerably stronger than most, and throws very heavy spears, that would break lesser men's arms.

Looks: A standard soldier, with a container on his back full of throwing javelins.
HP: Higher than an Archidon(20%).
Movespeed: Slower than an Archidon(20%).
Damage: Higher than an Archidon(5%).
Cost: 300 Gold - 50 Mana - 3 Population
Buildtime: 16 Seconds

Shaman: A spiritual icon. Knows many types of magic, including dark magic, but he's very, very, old.

Looks: He's dressed in the skin of a dead bear he killed and skinned himself. The bear's head covers his own head.
Hp: Higher than a Skeleton Mage(5%).
Movespeed: Slower than a Magikill(15%).

Damage: Higher than a Magikill(15%).
Cost: 450 Gold - 450 Mana - 4 Population
Build time: 25 Seconds
Abilities:

Curse - Curses the target area and deals 10% of the enemies maximum health, as well as increases damage taken by 10% for 30 seconds.

Cost - 50 Mana
Cooldown - 45 Seconds.

Voodoo Magic (Researched)- The Shaman creates a voodoo doll of the target and injures him. Slows movespeed by 15% for 1 minute and does the same damage as a fireball. Single Target.

Cost - 75 Mana
Cooldown: 45 Seconds.

Healing Wave (Researched)- The Shaman channels his energy into his staff and sends out a healing wave. Heals for 10% of a spearton unit's maximum health, as well as curing poison.

Cost - 100 Mana.

Cooldown - 60 Seconds.

War-Chief: The leader of the Vikings. The proudest, and wisest of all the Vikings. His will alone inspires that of his viking allies.

Looks: He's a fully armored stick, with a long sword, nearly twice as long as the swordwrath's. He's also almost the size of a level 1 giant.
Hp: Higher than a Medusa(15%).
Movespeed: Faster than a Medusa(5%).
Damage: Higher than a raging-swordwrath(5%).
Cost: 600 Gold - 500 Mana - 6 Population.
Build Time: 35 Seconds.
Abilities:

War Cry - The War-Cheif yells a vicious, blood-boiling cry, increasing allied attack speed in an area near the War-Chief by 10% for 20 seconds.

Cost: 25 Mana

Coodlown: 30 Seconds.

War Drums (Researched)- The War-Chief orders drums to be played and all units recieve a damage boost of 10% for 30 seconds.

Cost: 50 Mana

Cooldown: 45 Seconds.

Berserker: A proud warrior, one of the strongest of the vikings, with a temper so sharp, it matches that of his swords.

Looks: Like a Juggerknight, but instead of an axe and a shield, he has an axe and a short sword.

Hp: Higher than a spearton(5%)
Movespeed: Slower than a spearton(5%)
Damage: Higher than a spearton(10%)
Cost: 500 Gold - 50 Mana - 4 Population.
Buildtime - 23 Seconds.
Abilities:

Blood lust (Researched + Passive): When the Berserker gets fatally wounder, the Berserker goes into an un-stoppable blood-lust killing everything in his path, before his death. At 20% health left, his damage, attack speed, and movement speed increase by 10%.

Mounted Warrior:A warrior on a horse. He charges into battle on his noble steed.

Looks: He has a helmet, some armor, on an armored horse, with a long spear.
Hp: Higher than a spearton(5%).
Movespeed: As fast as an upgraded crawler.
Damage: Higher than a spearton (15%).
Cost: 550 Gold - 150 Mana - 6 Population.
Buildtime - 27 Seconds.
Abilities:

Charge (Researched): It's charge. The noble warrior charges into battle with his noble stallion!

Mounted Archer:With the arrival of the cowardly flying units, the Vikings had to put some honor aside and use another ranged weapon.

Looks: Looks like an Archidon but with a different bow and iron-tipped arrows.
Hp: Higher than a dead(10%).
Movespeed: Slower than a normal crawler(5%).
Damage: Higher than a Flying Crossbowmen(5%).
Cost: 500 Gold - 200 Mana - 5 Population.
Buildtime: 19 Seconds.

Goliath: The Largest & Strongest of all the Viking Warriors, a true force to be reckoned with. The stories of David defeating him were untrue, and over the years, have pissed him off.

Looks: He holds a massive axe and has one eye in the middle of his head. He's also larger than normal giants.
Hp: Higher than a chaos giant(15%).
Movespeed: Slower than a chaos giant(5%).
Damage: Higher than a chaos giant(15%) and attacks 2 units.
Cost: 1600 Gold - 8 Population.

Upgrades:

Steel Tipped Javelins: Increases damage by 5% more.

200 Gold - Same time as Poison Guts.

Voodoo Magic: Black magic so powerful, it's been banned in all of Inamorata.

150 Gold - 50 Mana - Same time as Cure.

Healing Wave: A healing wave that serves the Vikings well.

50 Gold - 100 Mana - Same time as Poison Pool.

War Drums: A thundering sound that sends fear into the hearts of enemies.

100 Gold - 100 Mana - Same time as Electric Wall.

Blood Lust: A powerful skill that is trained into the Berserker since the day he was born.

50 Gold - 150 Mana - Same time as Rage.

Charge: A powerful charge by an armored horse, enough to break the bones on normal men.

50 Gold - 50 Mana - Same time as Charge.

Note: A LOT of time went into this(for a forum post), so if you don't post helpful criticism and just attack the thread, your post will be deleted without warning.

neckromorph
12-17-2012, 04:59 AM
why don't make this are the place to post some of your new race

MiamiBigAL
12-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Isn't there a new race thread?

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 05:07 AM
why don't make this are the place to post some of your new race
I have no idea what you're saying, but I'm assuming you mean, move the other race suggestion thread into this one.
I like this being it's own besides it's awesome & mine which makes it more awesome.

Isn't there a new race thread?
Yes, Go look at it (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?45514-Stick-Empires-Races) and compare the suggestions in there to this one.

Also, read the note, post helpful criticism.

jerrytt
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Since its u Teccness, ill constructly critisise :P
BTW in exchange for constructive criticism im gonna ask permission to multi post:P
I feel the mounted archer too easily defeats albatross,(dead=albowtross, more hp than dead and more albowtross damage). Also the potential for kiting with him is too damn highhttp://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=203665&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=The%20potential%20for%20kiting&text1=IS%20TOO%20DAMN%20HIGH&text2=&text3=
Perhaps make it so that both mounted nits have a very slow acceleration, which would solve this problem. (because when you think about it, the only thing preventing archers to be instant win is their low hp)

Also, what is the area of effect of goliath? Is it 3 units or 1 or any units in an area? Is the health higher than a 0 upgrade giant or a double upgrade giant. Same with the speeds of the units being compared too crawlers.

I also think that at 20% health left the berserker wont be able to do much with the 21% boost.

wait... im gonna calculate that:p
speartons vs berserker (one spearton afetr the first died)
105hpx20%=21 hp
during this time (84 hp) he would have done 92 dmg
then with 7 or so left, and 1/3 mor dmg, he kills his first spearton at 15 or so hp left
then he takes off 20% of his next spearton

so 1 berserker= 1.2 speartons for 100 less gold and 10 less mana 1 population(without factoring blood lust) cost
so i was wrong

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
I feel the mounted archer too easily defeats albatross,(dead=albowtross, more hp than dead and more albowtross damage). Also the potential for kiting with him is too damn highhttp://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=203665&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=The%20potential%20for%20kiting&text1=IS%20TOO%20DAMN%20HIGH&text2=&text3=
Perhaps make it so that both mounted nits have a very slow acceleration, which would solve this problem. (because when you think about it, the only thing preventing archers to be instant win is their low hp)
They are supposed to be better than flying crossbowmen, because flying crossbowmen are flying, and this mounted archer is not. The mounted archer also takes up a higher population, longer to spawn, and costs more. Also, you shouldn't be able to kite this unit like Archidons. More like a dead.

jerrytt
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Isn't 1 minute a bit long for voodoo magic? perhaps increase effect to 50 as well as affecting attack speed, but reduce duration to 10 seconds.
Mounted warrior is inferior to berserker in almost every way except speed, with i suspect is quite close. (spearton is the fastest of archers swordswrath (unraged), and speartons, which are basically not that much slower than the crawler)
Shamans healing wave is extremely UP. 1000 mana and 10 minutes to heal an entire army. I think even a meric could heal 6 giants faster...
Also, this race has no ability to heal poisin. 2 magi kill plus army of spears, and they will be forced to garrison. Perhaps include heal poisin in the heal wave?

jerrytt
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
They are supposed to be better than flying crossbowmen, because flying crossbowmen are flying, and this mounted archer is not. The mounted archer also takes up a higher population, longer to spawn, and costs more. Also, you shouldn't be able to kite this unit like Archidons. More like a dead.

So no reload animation?, because at crawler speed you could essentially kite forever without a single hit.
btw, u really hate flying units dont u? :P U do know how to micro dodge with archidons?

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
The effect of voodoo magic has been changed, as well as healing magic now cures poison.

The shaman, with 5 of them (20 population), you could instantly heal any unit, including a giant, back to half health.

I don't understand the thing about the giant. There are three levels, level 1-2-3, just like any other giant. This giant is larger and has more health as well as damage.
It's also a 4 unit AOE.

The mounted warrior has the same damage, with a small drop of health, but moves at a considerably faster speed. The difference is basically a ninja compared to a spearton, possibly even larger.

jerrytt
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
When you compare health to a giant, you have to say which level of giant. 15% above lvl 1 or 15% above lvl 3
Speed does not matter much for warrior type units, unless chasing down archers. I only get ninjas for their unique ability, i never really use them as a part of my fighting force, also, the mounted warrior's ability does not give him a major advantage in battle, unlike instantly killing a high profile target.

comoparing the two stats:

about a 10% less health
same damage
crawler speed vs normal speed

but then compare to berserked mode

10%less health
21% less damage
approximately the same speed
In a normal battle, 1 on 1, with skills enabled, berserker would probably win. The end battle advantage more than makes up for the charge ability, which gets the mounted warrior at most 3 or 4 more hits in...

Btw, were you doing two references to the david and goliath story to be ironic?

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 07:00 PM
When you compare health to a giant, you have to say which level of giant. 15% above lvl 1 or 15% above lvl 3
Speed does not matter much for warrior type units, unless chasing down archers. I only get ninjas for their unique ability, i never really use them as a part of my fighting force, also, the mounted warrior's ability does not give him a major advantage in battle, unlike instantly killing a high profile target.

comoparing the two stats:

about a 10% less health
same damage
crawler speed vs normal speed

but then compare to berserked mode

10%less health
21% less damage
approximately the same speed
In a normal battle, 1 on 1, with skills enabled, berserker would probably win. The end battle advantage more than makes up for the charge ability, which gets the mounted warrior at most 3 or 4 more hits in...

Btw, were you doing two references to the david and goliath story to be ironic?
No I don't.
His level 1 has 15% more health than a level 1 chaos giant. His level 2, has 15% more than a level 2 chaos giant. His level 3, guess what! Has 15% more than a level 3 chaos giant :p

I've changed him to be more powerful at a higher cost, happy?

And yes.

Triss
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
1st, TOO MANY UNITS IS OVERPOWERED

Shaman cures 10% of HP? If the army is a giant spammer, how could you beat him?
Shaman can damage 10% HP, that's a joke. If you have 10 shamans= Insta-kill, that would be really bad
A fully upgraded Warchief could kill a lvl 1 giant single-handedly
Berserker......Good idea, but it should be 5 pops, not 4 (2 of them could kill a giant with just one casualities)
Mounted warrior should have more HP, not more damage
Viking warrior? Dude, 2 of them could slice 3 swordwrath easily
And for Goliath......should be 9 pops, since it can attack 4 units at a time and better stats than a giant.

2nd, the units should have a flying unit

Best part of the game, the appearance of a flying unit. But other than those thing I mentioned, I like your idea.

NrgFA
12-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Woah,3-way empire,I don't like it,but this is defininetly an exception! :D

SO ORIGINAL O_____o

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
1st, TOO MANY UNITS IS OVERPOWERED

Shaman cures 10% of HP? If the army is a giant spammer, how could you beat him?
Shaman can damage 10% HP, that's a joke. If you have 10 shamans= Insta-kill, that would be really bad
A fully upgraded Warchief could kill a lvl 1 giant single-handedly
Berserker......Good idea, but it should be 5 pops, not 4 (2 of them could kill a giant with just one casualities)
Mounted warrior should have more HP, not more damage
Viking warrior? Dude, 2 of them could slice 3 swordwrath easily
And for Goliath......should be 9 pops, since it can attack 4 units at a time and better stats than a giant.

2nd, the units should have a flying unit

Best part of the game, the appearance of a flying unit. But other than those thing I mentioned, I like your idea.
1: Same way you kill a giant spammer currently, kill the monks and then focus down the giants.
2: So, it takes 10 units (40 population) to instant kill one unit....40 Population could get you 10 Shinobi, or 8 Medusa....Those aren't instant kills at all, no no.
3: Yes, he could, as a result, he costs more, takes more time to build, and has no attacking spells, unlike the Magikill or Medusa.
4: How could 2 Berserkers kill a single giant... It's essentially, a spearton on steroids.
5: Okay, let's do a test, shall we? You stand still, I'll stab you with a spear. Then, I'll get on a horse, ride the horse really fast towards you and stab you with another spear. Which one will hurt more?
6: 2 Viking warriors is 4 popultion, as well as 400 gold. 3 Swordwrath is 3 population and 450 gold. I don't see a problem with two of them being about to kill 3 swordwrath,
7: Changed it to 2.

No air units. Air units are terrible (in my opinion) and were the worst part of the game, next to giant spammers.

Triss
12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
1. How to kill the monks? They can slow down your shinobi, and by the time they reach them, they're already uncloaked.
2. No monk ever go in the front line, and they can curse down your shinobis before they reached the monks
3. Still, it's an OP
4. Dude, they can kill lvl 1 giants(If berserked). If you want, test it on your Warchief first(Warchief kill a lvl 1 giant).
5. I accept that.
6. You accept that.
7. 2 units at a time? Then it's underpowered.

Air units are weak, (2 hits from giants and they're vanished), what's the problem with it?
And against chaos, they're almost invincible.
You should underpower shamans,warchief and berserkers.

That's All!:D

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
1. How to kill the monks? They can slow down your shinobi, and by the time they reach them, they're already uncloaked.
2. No monk ever go in the front line, and they can curse down your shinobis before they reached the monks
3. Still, it's an OP
4. Dude, they can kill lvl 1 giants(If berserked). If you want, test it on your Warchief first(Warchief kill a lvl 1 giant).
5. I accept that.
6. You accept that.
7. 2 units at a time? Then it's underpowered.

Air units are weak, (2 hits from giants and they're vanished), what's the problem with it?
And against chaos, they're almost invincible.
You should underpower shamans,warchief and berserkers.

That's All!:D
1: Why do you assume it HAS to be shinobi. Why not a bunch of swordwrath to kill the monks, then rage-kill the giants?
2: Those were just comparisons, not suggestions for counters.
3: A fully upgraded Warchief, costs 700 Gold and 600 Mana, to kill 1500 gold and most likely die to a miner afterwards. A Medusa, can kill one unit instantly, poison any others trying to melee attack it, and sometimes still live.
4: A giant could most likely kill a spearton in 1, maybe 2 hits, when he's under 20%.
7: How?

Triss
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
1. It's even worse, they can slow down them first,while their giants stomps them in the ground. Then they finish survivors by curse.
3. Well, I guess Medusa is the one who should be removed.
4.I say compare it to Warchief, and the giant's life is critical around 20%
7.I think it should be 3 units.

Tecness2
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
1. It's even worse, they can slow down them first,while their giants stomps them in the ground. Then they finish survivors by curse.
3. Well, I guess Medusa is the one who should be removed.
4.I say compare it to Warchief, and the giant's life is critical around 20%
7.I think it should be 3 units.
1: Rage would basically counter-act the effects of voodoo.
4: A giant's life is critical around 20%.....We are not talking about giant's life. It takes a level 1 giant, 6 shots EXACTLY to kill a spearton. It takes a level 2, 6 shots, to kill a spearton, it takes a level 3, 6 shots to kill a spearton. I said exactly at the first, because it would take a level 1 giant 7 shots to kill a Berserker, and still only 6 shots being level 2-3. A giant needs literally, 2 shots, to kill a spearton at anything less than 30% health.
7: I like 2 units.

Triss
12-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Well, just saying that Shaman was Overpowered, and Warchief+Berserker was a little bit overpowered,

Tecness2
01-28-2013, 10:42 AM
There, happy, I've changed the Berserker & War-Chief
I'm bumping this!
PLZ NO BAN.
I request that someone makes pictures for this.
(I'M STEALING YOUR THUNDER AZXC)

isgood
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Great ideas. Its just that all the units have very high pop

KillerPixel
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
The Vikings Idea seems cool, I read through the entire post the only thing Crazy Jay needs to do is make a post about all the units health damage and reload time so you/we can make detailed posts about races and design them perfectly to fit into the game.

Tecness2
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Great ideas. Its just that all the units have very high pop
They are stronger than most units, so they have a higher population.

The Vikings Idea seems cool, I read through the entire post the only thing Crazy Jay needs to do is make a post about all the units health damage and reload time so you/we can make detailed posts about races and design them perfectly to fit into the game.
He won't do that for reasons that we mere mortals can't understand.

KrayZStick
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap
I know this was a useless comment but I had nothing else to say about this thread.