PDA

View Full Version : Practice Partner (Let's make this all profesionally MLG type style)

xvdaemonicxv
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys! IF you're gona be my practice partner, we're gona be spending a lot of time chatting about strats, openings, gossip, and other shimbugs so you might as well get to know me a bit :D

Background info:

-I've always been into gaming(major FPS fan and RTS). Never been a fan of RPG's cause that takes a lot of time to become really good whereas I believe RTS and FPS are more skill and knowledge based :). Don't get me wrong though RPG's have a shizload of that too but let's face it; it takes a hella longtime to get really good at that stuff.

-I've never really had a good computer to run games(still don't) and my parents basically banned me from ever buying any games so i've been drifting around on f2p games here n there. But that didn't stop my love for gaming, especially RTS games. So what did I do? I watched countless in-depth breakdowns of countless SC2 matches. The multi-tasking; the micromanaging; the theorycrafting; the positioning; the macro; I loved it. Even if I probably would never get to play SC2 T_T. Oh and I also breakdance(I'm asian, go figure).

Then everything changed... when the fire nation attacked. jk. :D

And then I found this game. Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?

Oh free to play flash RTS game. Meh, can't be much strategy involved. Hey, not bad but this isn't too hard. Let's try some online matches. Matched with other low rankers...HA i am roflstomping everyone. Oh a leaderboard, pshh I bet I can get up there easily. 1400-->1500-->1600 a loss here and there but mostly wins. I'm in the top 100 now! MWhahaha! And then it happened, I in turn got roflstopmed. I was like, what? wait...how? how? Starting from that moment on; starting from that simple question "how?" I realized that this game involved everything I loved about watching SC2. The macro,micro,strategy,scouting,placement, etc. (okay of course it's not nearly intense as it is as SC2 but damn this game has all the elements at least).

Anyways, now that all that is sorted out, tell me about yourself!

-A little about yourself (can be whatever)
-Why do you want to have/be my practice partner
-Your ranking/win/loss
-Race you play
-Username and Code

Oh and right I shud give you guys my info also x)

-A little about yourself: (above)
-Why do you want to have a practice partner: Cause I love RTS and discussing strategy and perfecting it.
-Ranking: 2073(number 6) 169 wins 47 loss.
-Race: Order only.
-Username and Code: xvdaemonicxv 621

P.S. I live in China currently so timezone wise... we can figure something out ^-^

P.P.S. It would be a major Major MAJOR MAJOR plus if you also have choas. Cause... well... I've only had expereince in one match with chaos before. I won(he probably wasn't a skilled chaos player) but that's cause a very nice fellow named RUMMAKER told me a strat to beat em. Oh I met RUMMAKER on the ladder and he roflstomped me but he was very nice and gave me some pointers <3

That's it!! Get to typing about stuffs now plz c:

DragonFrost
12-18-2012, 04:56 PM
hi, i want to have a practice partner. Love discussing strategies. I live in Canada, i'm 12 and my family is chinese. Time zone difference from were i live compared to most to all of China is 14 hours difference, and 13 hours during the summer (DST). I like rts and rpgs, though generally suck at every game. This is probably the game where i have the most success.
Why I want a practice partner: I have lots of spare time, and i dont like online matches because my pc sucks (massive lag sometimes), also, as i said before, i like discussing and getting better.
ranking: fr0st:216/136 1729 top 61; asddfg: 80/46 1660 top 97
race: order (sorry about not having chaos)
Username and code: fr0st 937/asddfg 244

P.S. Using asddfg most of the time, so i hope you add asddfg at least.

badplayer
12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
-A little about yourself
i also play starcraft, as it would turn out...same game interests
bored, really..im pretty decent at strategy games
-Your ranking/loss/win
was 1600+ before i lost on purpose
-Race you play
order
-Username and Code
roflcopter

xvdaemonicxv
12-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you for taking your time and replying guys :) but I am looking for people around my ranking sorry :/ I will edit my original post and specify

However once I figure out the game some more, such as strat n etc. I'll be glad to help you guys out and give some tips.

DragonFrost
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Well, I used to be top 25 :p
Also, have beaten captaincorps2 (chaos) twice, FrozenFury (order) once, beaten miambigal2 once, and that's all the people I can remember beating (that are really good)

xvdaemonicxv
12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Mmm, alriteey I'll add yah!

DragonFrost
12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Ok dokey, I added you on asddfg. We should decide on when to meet?

xvdaemonicxv
12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I'll be on when I can. I'm usually on around 9-12pm china time. Not sure what the timezone is called xD

DragonFrost
12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Uh oh. That's 7-10 am my time. I can't get on early. I usually play around 4-8pm my time. This is troublesome, unless you can play in the morning? Well, thankfully since its Christmas break for us soon, I can play starting around 9am (11pm your time), but only during christmas break :(

xvdaemonicxv
12-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I can play in the mornings (: so 4-8pm wud be 6-10AM for me? I can do like 8-10AM probably. And I'll probably be staying up late this weekend like 1-3AM wud wud be so you can wake up later also :)

DragonFrost
12-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok great. Let's pick a date and time? And yup, 4-8pm my time is 6-10am your time.

xvdaemonicxv
12-22-2012, 08:43 AM
just daily, im on each day :)

DragonFrost
12-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok great, I'm usually on every day, except weekends.

mafia10
12-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Hey Guys! IF you're gona be my practice partner, we're gona be spending a lot of time chatting about strats, openings, gossip, and other shimbugs so you might as well get to know me a bit :D

Background info:

-I've always been into gaming(major FPS fan and RTS). Never been a fan of RPG's cause that takes a lot of time to become really good whereas I believe RTS and FPS are more skill and knowledge based :). Don't get me wrong though RPG's have a shizload of that too but let's face it; it takes a hella longtime to get really good at that stuff.

-I've never really had a good computer to run games(still don't) and my parents basically banned me from ever buying any games so i've been drifting around on f2p games here n there. But that didn't stop my love for gaming, especially RTS games. So what did I do? I watched countless in-depth breakdowns of countless SC2 matches. The multi-tasking; the micromanaging; the theorycrafting; the positioning; the macro; I loved it. Even if I probably would never get to play SC2 T_T. Oh and I also breakdance(I'm asian, go figure).

Then everything changed... when the fire nation attacked. jk. :D

And then I found this game. Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?

Oh free to play flash RTS game. Meh, can't be much strategy involved. Hey, not bad but this isn't too hard. Let's try some online matches. Matched with other low rankers...HA i am roflstomping everyone. Oh a leaderboard, pshh I bet I can get up there easily. 1400-->1500-->1600 a loss here and there but mostly wins. I'm in the top 100 now! MWhahaha! And then it happened, I in turn got roflstopmed. I was like, what? wait...how? how? Starting from that moment on; starting from that simple question "how?" I realized that this game involved everything I loved about watching SC2. The macro,micro,strategy,scouting,placement, etc. (okay of course it's not nearly intense as it is as SC2 but damn this game has all the elements at least).

Anyways, now that all that is sorted out, tell me about yourself!

-A little about yourself (can be whatever)
-Your ranking/win/loss
-Race you play
-Username and Code

Oh and right I shud give you guys my info also x)

-A little about yourself: (above)
-Why do you want to have a practice partner: Cause I love RTS and discussing strategy and perfecting it.
-Ranking: 2073(number 6) 169 wins 47 loss.
-Race: Order only.
-Username and Code: xvdaemonicxv 621

P.S. I live in China currently so timezone wise... we can figure something out ^-^

P.P.S. It would be a major Major MAJOR MAJOR plus if you also have choas. Cause... well... I've only had expereince in one match with chaos before. I won(he probably wasn't a skilled chaos player) but that's cause a very nice fellow named RUMMAKER told me a strat to beat em. Oh I met RUMMAKER on the ladder and he roflstomped me but he was very nice and gave me some pointers <3

That's it!! Get to typing about stuffs now plz c:
well im in ur time zone
india
i was a fan of stick war sinsce the first game launched
my username is sentinel 415
so these days im free around 11:00