PDA

View Full Version : Random Debate Thread

RUMMAKER
12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
yeah, the chaos flyers are just ridiculous and are a real pain. It's a pity Archers don't counter Chaos flyers when Deads easily counter Order flyers.

Actually they do. The problem is its the only counter so its predicable and there's a bunch of units that counter archers ): unlike for chaos they have skull mage,medusa,deads,arguably their flyers and bombers.

chaos:

medusa- makes a great counter because u can't build order flyers in mass like u can with chaos flyers, so stone-face works really well against order flyers.

orders "counter" to Medusa is ninjas
-ninjas (it takes 2 fully upgraded ninjas to one shot Medusa), in order vs order one ninja one shots magikill but why is it that it takes 2 ninjas to kill a unit that costs the same as a magikill? not to mention vs chaos u can't afford to tech early cuz CRAWLERS so by the time ninjas come out ur 2 ninjas thats suppose to "assassinate" their Medusa or skull mage will end up dieing 100% of the time so ur trading 900gold 300 mana for 500 gold 500mana.

skullmage- ... what don't they counter

...no seriously i don't know(mass sword? hell fist, mass archer/archer? hell fist & reaper,speartons?reaper,any other units? reapers,ninjas? did u know their reaper range is as long as a archers? so if u see ninjas u can cast reaper on them and even if they cloak, as long as ur reaper has already been cast, it will hit. but what if they cloak before they get into reaper range D:??? WTF MAN DID U NOT READ WHAT I SAID ABOUT REAPER RANGE -_____-)

deads- even with flaming bolts upgrade, they are still countered by deads which can poison btw -_-.

order counters, finally a unit thats actually balanced(sword with rage, spearton,etc)

u know what i think about chaos flyers compared to order flyers already -_-

and bombers can be manually activated to go boom and kill all them air units.
and
unlike order aoe, bombers can't be "sniped" or "assassinated". spread out ur army? ok lol it reduces ur firepower by so much its not even funny.

order:

stuff that can hit air

-magikill, gets countered by medusa which costs the same as a magikill but hard counters magikill.(also countered by skull mage with its ridiculous reaper range that can't be dodged/move out of range once its been cast)

-giants, skull mage says hi as well as everything else chaos has.

-archers, our only viable counter ):

-albowtross, chaos has tons of counters to this unit here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so my point is, chaos has tons of counters to our air units while order only has 1 counter to their air units(also, our one counter also has a bunch of counters...unlike the chaos skull mage and medusa)

EDIT:...wait...why am i ranting in a abilities suggestion thread.
EDIT2: i gota fix that...

Tecness2
12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I've decided to make a thread about this, because of all the complaining on the Rage-nerf thread/abilities thread. I'll be moving Rummaker's post of hell over here.

I find it funny how nobody remembers the fact, that it only takes 2 fireballs, to kill EVERY Wingadon Chaos has on the field. I'm sure they would all die pretty quickly from electric wall as well.

The counter to skeleton Mages, are a lot of units. If the enemy has 3+ of them, go Speartons, if it only has 2 skeleton's, go Swordwrath.
The reaper ability is about 1% shorter than the archer's range.

Also, this is why I don't like air units. Only 1/3rd of the entire game's units, can actually attack them (1/2 can damage)

RUMMAKER
12-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I've decided to make a thread about this, because of all the complaining on the Rage-nerf thread/abilities thread. I'll be moving Rummaker's post of hell over here.

I find it funny how nobody remembers the fact, that it only takes 2 fireballs, to kill EVERY Wingadon Chaos has on the field. I'm sure they would all die pretty quickly from electric wall as well.

The counter to skeleton Mages, are a lot of units. If the enemy has 3+ of them, go Speartons, if it only has 2 skeleton's, go Swordwrath.
The reaper ability is about 1% shorter than the archer's range.

Also, this is why I don't like air units. Only 1/3rd of the entire game's units, can actually attack them (1/2 can damage)

Good luck landing the fireballs. Seeing as how many ways chaos can kill magi kills.

And how did u calculate that percentage ._O

_Ai_
12-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I think using electic wall is more effective though

Azxc
12-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Magikill can hit air units with fireball and electric wall?
How??? o.O
Select the spell and right-click on them? I will try it...

_Ai_
12-19-2012, 01:43 AM
How??? o.O

yeah, they can...

RUMMAKER
12-19-2012, 09:17 AM
How??? o.O

Left click*

_Ai_
12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Left click*

both click can do it though

RUMMAKER
12-19-2012, 10:12 AM
both click can do it though

:O guesses they improved it then, wasn't there last I checked.

MiamiBigAL
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Magikills are useless. Their range make them ineffective. No one has "forgotten" that fireball hurts flyers. It's just that competent players remember that you will never land that fireball.

I don't find archers, by themselves, resource for resource, counter wingadons. They used to, but now that Wingadons can't miss you can't micro dodge the archers.

As far as I remember, a wingadon still beats two archers, no? And considering two archers is 700 gold...

On the other hand, the cheaper Dead by itself definitely beats an albowtross.

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Magikills are useless. Their range make them ineffective. No one has "forgotten" that fireball hurts flyers. It's just that competent players remember that you will never land that fireball.

I don't find archers, by themselves, resource for resource, counter wingadons. They used to, but now that Wingadons can't miss you can't micro dodge the archers.

As far as I remember, a wingadon still beats two archers, no? And considering two archers is 700 gold...

On the other hand, the cheaper Dead by itself definitely beats an albowtross.

Actually, no. A Wingidon cannot beat two Archidons, whether they attack at once or one by one.