PDA

View Full Version : how to turn off animations

uberman
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I know it can be done, but I cant find out how - sorry if the question has been asked a hundred times, but I cant find the answer to it.
When I pause in game, I see a menu option for settings, I was looking for a tick box or something - but nothing happens when I click the settings.

I saw a poster say something about turning off the kill animations, as it stands my unit stands dangling his kill (or what ever) while being hacked apart. Is it the case that you cant be attacked in the animation? Even if so, you still lose the option of putting out some DPS during the second or so of the animation.

Thanks
Uberman.

Tecness2
12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't believe you can.

uberman
12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Can you cancel it - if I recall I saw someone (possibly you) refer to the 'cancel animation trick' .....
But maybe i was halucinating :)

Tecness2
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Can you cancel it - if I recall I saw someone (possibly you) refer to the 'cancel animation trick' .....
But maybe i was halucinating :)
That's different. The cancel animation is in reference to the standard attacking animation (like, a swordwrath swinging his sword), when he can still get damaged.

uberman
12-20-2012, 01:20 PM
That's different. The cancel animation is in reference to the standard attacking animation (like, a swordwrath swinging his sword), when he can still get damaged.

Ah, I see.
So can standard animations be canceled? If so, how so? And why would that be a useful trick?
Is it to do with striking at a target who already moved away out of weapon range?

Is it correct that a unit can not be damaged during a special kill animation (you say hey can be damaged in the normal animation), that seems to be the case, as the hit=point bar disapears, but I am not sure on that point.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Tecness2
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Ah, I see.
So can standard animations be canceled? If so, how so? And why would that be a useful trick?
Is it to do with striking at a target who already moved away out of weapon range?

Is it correct that a unit can not be damaged during a special kill animation (you say hey can be damaged in the normal animation), that seems to be the case, as the hit=point bar disapears, but I am not sure on that point.

Thanks for your continued patience.
Just, move the unit as soon as it does damage, and not finish the animation. It allows the unit to attack faster and gain ground if the enemy is running.

That is correct.

uberman
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Ah, now I understand.

Thanks.