PDA

View Full Version : Economy questions - pasive income vs extra miners

uberman
12-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Every good ruler knows his economy is key to his stick empire, so, I was wondering...

Is passive income worth while? How long does it take to pay-back?
Will I get more return from using the resources to buy extra miners or buying passive income?
Is it phraps best bought after 8 gold-miners, as the rate per miner drops when they have to walk a longer distance?
How does it compare to miner hustle - which I think is a must have as it makes more money and helps keep miners out of harms way when attacked - any opinions on miner hussle?
It seems like its either a must have (if payback is fast) or a lame waste of money (if payback is slow and return is better from additional miners) but I dont know which...

Thanks for any constructive ideas on these or other economy issues

77Row
12-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I really cant see any better gold income when using passive income, I looked to see and nothing changed.
So miner hustle is really useful for retreating from rushers or rushing to build walls.

300noob
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Passive income lvl 1 and lvl 2 is relatively useless but lvl 3 is actually quite good. its basicly another tower income for you. and could help you build stuff faster....but only research the passive income when the situation allow...don't rush it...
and the miner hustle is a MUST.

Azxc
12-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Passive income is for the last stage of the game
It is your ONLY income (except middle) if you run out of gold ore

300noob
12-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Passive income is for the last stage of the game
It is your ONLY income (except middle) if you run out of gold ore
what he said
it is not a must but its help you get gold faster to build army faster when suitable or replenish dead units easier, also when situation allow

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 02:21 AM
I agree with 300noob. Passive Income 1 and 2 are pretty much useless and give you way too little gold and mana. But the third? Well, it's the Middle Tower but with mana.

But overall, I personally think you should get more Miners. They'll give you more mana and gold.

asdfstick
12-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Passive Income 1- 5 gold 3 mana per second
Passive Income 2- 10 gold 5 mana per second
Passive Income 3- 15 gold 7 mana per second

uberman
12-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Passive Income 1- 5 gold 3 mana per second
Passive Income 2- 10 gold 5 mana per second
Passive Income 3- 15 gold 7 mana per second

Excellent answer, thanks.
I like facts, numbers. Just gotta find me a calculator...

BTW, is that really per second, or per tick?
Per sec would be silly good...

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Excellent answer, thanks.
I like facts, numbers. Just gotta find me a calculator...

BTW, is that really per second, or per tick?
Per sec would be silly good...

Per tick would be seriously overpowered.

20 ticks = 1 second.

Meaning, just from Passive Income 1, you'd get 100 gold and 60 mana per second.

Tecness2
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
It's about per 6-7 seconds. I believe the middle tower is per 5 seconds. These are just guesses.