PDA

View Full Version : Certain Unit Problems

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Ello, Stickpage.

I've had some problems with some units, recently. And I thought, well, obviously, this is the best place to explain it. Several of them contradict a few ideas from the almighty Tecness, and stuff, so bear with me.

Speartons and Shadowrath
I've always wanted to think these two units were equal to each other. Of course, in a way, they are. Speartons serve as front-line troops that're supposed to be slightly faster than Swordwrath and Archidons to make sure the enemy won't target those two, fragile units first. Shadowrath, at the same time, act as awesome lone-wolf units that can hold out on their own, and can also be a great addition to your army with its awesome Fixate/Fury ability.

But there's just something that sort of, doesn't make them equal to each other. That would be their prices. The Shadowrath are seriously overpriced, compared to Speartons. And I really don't think that should be. This, in my opinion, can be solved in two ways: Making Speartons more expensive, or Shadowrath less expensive. I personally go with both. In my opinion, Shadowrath should cost less gold and less population points, making their prices around 350 gold and 150 mana, while keeping its 25 seconds training time. But the population required to train one, would be lowered to 3. Now, Speartons, should take a *teensy* bit more time to train. Instead of 20, it would be 21. Just to even it out slightly.

This is only my first sermon, so if you're bored now, you have my permission to die--I mean, leave.

Albatross
I've heard people say this unit is underused. They somewhat have a point. I use it often, but not as often as I use Archidons. Mainly because... well, Albatross are supposed to act as support units. They don't do a very good job at that. They're slow, they do high damage and have low health. If you ask me, they're more lone-wolf, "I hate every other race" units.

So what to do? Well, imagine Stick Wars 2 as a movie. You'd imagine Dark Knights pwning Swordwrath, Archidons jumping around a battlefield saying, "HEADSHOT N0OB" (Okay, not really) and Shadowrath assassinating a few Marrowkai. And what would your view of Albatross be? Well, usually they're the guys that always come late, but once you see them, this epic music starts playing which pretty much signifies the fact that the good guys are going to win. Well, I think that's what they should be. Forget Albatross being your support units. Let them be this super-awesome group of warriors that pwn everyone. Basically, aerial Speartons. And no, I don't mean Speartons with mechanical wings, I mean the fact that they pwn everyone. I'd like it if Albatross had good health, instead of those units that get seriously low health by one shot from a Giant. They should still be slow, but also give them good damage.

I heard from Tecness that Albatross should actually have lower health because, "2/3rd of the units in the game can't even hit them." That's correct, but the other 1/3rd beat them up, easily. It's part of strategy. I mean, you're honestly not going to mass Crawlers when someone else is massing Speartons, right? And you won't make a ton of Archidons when you're fighting Magikill. Same thing goes here: You won't mass Swordwrath against Albatross, but you're down-right going to spawn around two Giants to take out the menace. I'm not against any strategy, even massing Giants, since I know I can beat them all up if I get a huge army of Swordwrath with Rage. It's really that simple: Strategy. So how does this relate to Albatross? Well, they're not underpowered, at all. It really depends on strategy, which is why I think the Albatross should, in fact, get increased stats. On a last note, it would be nice if you also lowered their population cost a bit. Instead of 4, make it 3, because I will honestly choose 2 Archidons to one Albatross if so. Then again, if all this, "Make Albatross powerful" thing is accepted, nevermind lol.

Juggerknights
I love these guys! Haha! But I don't like how they're equal to Speartons--as in, exactly the same. I personally think they should get higher damage and higher health, for a higher cost. Say, 450 gold and 100 mana would do? I just don't think they should any unit should be way too similar to another unit. Originality within factions. Oh, yeah, could you make them a bit slower, too? Hehe. I just don't think that huge hunk of armor and equipment should let them be fast.

Oh, yeah, and one more, much smaller issue: Charge. Sometimes, when a Dark Knight uses Charge, he doesn't stop even though he's already hit a unit. I find this annoying. "You already hit 'em! What're you doing? Hey, hey, look! He's stunned! Get 'em, now! Oh, crap, you missed it! Quit running and hit 'em! What the heck are you doing!?" I think, when a Dark Knight has already hit a unit with Charge, he should stop running. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch, but if it is, then here's a good reminder lol.

Giants
These huge things are underpowered and overpowered at the same time. Small Giants have seriously low health, and the big ones have way too much. So, what to do? Give the small guys more health and give the big guys less health. Because, honestly, you can't help but admit that Giants are overpowered when fully-upgraded.

So, that's about it. I'm sorry if you grew bored and fell asleep at my seriously bad jokes on this thread, but nevermind that. Opinions, opinions! Let thee come!

Also, I'm sorry if some of these ideas have already been given a, "no." I lurk around the Forums, but I don't see everything.

300noob
12-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Ello, Stickpage.

I've had some problems with some units, recently. And I thought, well, obviously, this is the best place to explain it. Several of them contradict a few ideas from the almighty Tecness, and stuff, so bear with me.

Speartons and Shadowrath
I've always wanted to think these two units were equal to each other. Of course, in a way, they are. Speartons serve as front-line troops that're supposed to be slightly faster than Swordwrath and Archidons to make sure the enemy won't target those two, fragile units first. Shadowrath, at the same time, act as awesome lone-wolf units that can hold out on their own, and can also be a great addition to your army with its awesome Fixate/Fury ability.

But there's just something that sort of, doesn't make them equal to each other. That would be their prices. The Shadowrath are seriously overpriced, compared to Speartons. And I really don't think that should be. This, in my opinion, can be solved in two ways: Making Speartons more expensive, or Shadowrath less expensive. I personally go with both. In my opinion, Shadowrath should cost less gold and less population points, making their prices around 350 gold and 150 mana, while keeping its 25 seconds training time. But the population required to train one, would be lowered to 3. Now, Speartons, should take a *teensy* bit more time to train. Instead of 20, it would be 21. Just to even it out slightly.

This is only my first sermon, so if you're bored now, you have my permission to die--I mean, leave.

Albatross
I've heard people say this unit is underused. They somewhat have a point. I use it often, but not as often as I use Archidons. Mainly because... well, Albatross are supposed to act as support units. They don't do a very good job at that. They're slow, they do high damage and have low health. If you ask me, they're more lone-wolf, "I hate every other race" units.

So what to do? Well, imagine Stick Wars 2 as a movie. You'd imagine Dark Knights pwning Swordwrath, Archidons jumping around a battlefield saying, "HEADSHOT N0OB" (Okay, not really) and Shadowrath assassinating a few Marrowkai. And what would your view of Albatross be? Well, usually they're the guys that always come late, but once you see them, this epic music starts playing which pretty much signifies the fact that the good guys are going to win. Well, I think that's what they should be. Forget Albatross being your support units. Let them be this super-awesome group of warriors that pwn everyone. Basically, aerial Speartons. And no, I don't mean Speartons with mechanical wings, I mean the fact that they pwn everyone. I'd like it if Albatross had good health, instead of those units that get seriously low health by one shot from a Giant. They should still be slow, but also give them good damage.

I heard from Tecness that Albatross should actually have lower health because, "2/3rd of the units in the game can't even hit them." That's correct, but the other 1/3rd beat them up, easily. It's part of strategy. I mean, you're honestly not going to mass Crawlers when someone else is massing Speartons, right? And you won't make a ton of Archidons when you're fighting Magikill. Same thing goes here: You won't mass Swordwrath against Albatross, but you're down-right going to spawn around two Giants to take out the menace. I'm not against any strategy, even massing Giants, since I know I can beat them all up if I get a huge army of Swordwrath with Rage. It's really that simple: Strategy. So how does this relate to Albatross? Well, they're not underpowered, at all. It really depends on strategy, which is why I think the Albatross should, in fact, get increased stats. On a last note, it would be nice if you also lowered their population cost a bit. Instead of 4, make it 3, because I will honestly choose 2 Archidons to one Albatross if so. Then again, if all this, "Make Albatross powerful" thing is accepted, nevermind lol.

Juggerknights
I love these guys! Haha! But I don't like how they're equal to Speartons--as in, exactly the same. I personally think they should get higher damage and higher health, for a higher cost. Say, 450 gold and 100 mana would do? I just don't think they should any unit should be way too similar to another unit. Originality within factions. Oh, yeah, could you make them a bit slower, too? Hehe. I just don't think that huge hunk of armor and equipment should let them be fast.

Oh, yeah, and one more, much smaller issue: Charge. Sometimes, when a Dark Knight uses Charge, he doesn't stop even though he's already hit a unit. I find this annoying. "You already hit 'em! What're you doing? Hey, hey, look! He's stunned! Get 'em, now! Oh, crap, you missed it! Quit running and hit 'em! What the heck are you doing!?" I think, when a Dark Knight has already hit a unit with Charge, he should stop running. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch, but if it is, then here's a good reminder lol.

Giants
These huge things are underpowered and overpowered at the same time. Small Giants have seriously low health, and the big ones have way too much. So, what to do? Give the small guys more health and give the big guys less health. Because, honestly, you can't help but admit that Giants are overpowered when fully-upgraded.

So, that's about it. I'm sorry if you grew bored and fell asleep at my seriously bad jokes on this thread, but nevermind that. Opinions, opinions! Let thee come!

Also, I'm sorry if some of these ideas have already been given a, "no." I lurk around the Forums, but I don't see everything.
uhm...i don't agree with you on the spearton and shadowrath section, first, a shadowrath can kill a spearton when use their ability, second, they are used for their unique purpose, to assasinate high value target not frontline main battle troop.
next, jugger knight and spearton, they are not exactly the same, if you pay some attention, you will notice that jugger have higher damage...and regen health, making them win everytimes they go up against spearton in 1 on 1 and the spearton will need to do shield bash to neutralize the charge thread (need to be done precisely which most player can't do or don't even bother)....
other then that, agree/acceptable

and in a side note: order's flyers are called ALBOWTROSS (or flying crossbowmen like in the decription of the training menu)

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 02:18 AM
uhm...i don't agree with you on the spearton and shadowrath section, first, a shadowrath can kill a spearton when use their ability, second, they are used for their unique purpose, to assasinate high value target not frontline main battle troop.
next, jugger knight and spearton, they are not exactly the same, if you pay some attention, you will notice that jugger have higher damage...and regen health, making them win everytimes they go up against spearton in 1 on 1 and the spearton will need to do shield bash to neutralize the charge thread (need to be done precisely which most player can't do or don't even bother)....
other then that, agree/acceptable

and in a side note: order's flyers are called ALBOWTROSS (or flying crossbowmen like in the decription of the training menu)

A Shadowrath can kill a Spearton with its ability, yes, but it can't without it.

I know Juggerknights have regenerative health. And I know about their higher damage. But they attack slower than Speartons. So they're still technically the same. A Juggerknight would win against a Spearton, but he'd have, what, 8% health left? They're practically the same.

I used to think it was Albowtross. Then I tried giving them Blazing Bolts. They spelled it as, "Albatross".

Please don't think I'm one of those nooby newcomers that don't know anything about the game. I've done things you may not expect.

300noob
12-21-2012, 04:21 AM
A Shadowrath can kill a Spearton with its ability, yes, but it can't without it.

I know Juggerknights have regenerative health. And I know about their higher damage. But they attack slower than Speartons. So they're still technically the same. A Juggerknight would win against a Spearton, but he'd have, what, 8% health left? They're practically the same.

I used to think it was Albowtross. Then I tried giving them Blazing Bolts. They spelled it as, "Albatross".

Please don't think I'm one of those nooby newcomers that don't know anything about the game. I've done things you may not expect.

well if you want to buff the jugger than give it higher pop cost, high price....as well as longer training time. and heck no, 8%? they are not the same, they could kill another swordwrath without rage.
and no i haven't seen anyone used albatross...only flyer, crossbow, and albowtross, and some other....
again, the shadowrath (ninja) is not something people want you to spam...they only act as assasins not main combat troop.....and with ability , they can even take on jugger....and again, who would be dumb enough to use ninja in combat without any ability? (well except for newbie cuz they have no idea what they're doing)

if you complain about units, why don't u complain about the deads? they can kill a albowtross with blazing bolt for a much cheaper price.
ALbowtross: 450 gold, 200 mana, 4 pop while deads 300 gold, 100 mana, 3pop

Azxc
12-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Albowtross is weak, I agree, a giant two-hit kill one
I think blazing bolt should boost even MORE larger damage on armored units lol

For ninjas, I think the price is okay, 5-6 ninjas can be very dangerous
They can stealth+assassinate magic classes easily and the Fury ability make them very powerful

So, that is it

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 06:40 AM
well if you want to buff the jugger than give it higher pop cost, high price....as well as longer training time. and heck no, 8%? they are not the same, they could kill another swordwrath without rage.
and no i haven't seen anyone used albatross...only flyer, crossbow, and albowtross, and some other....
again, the shadowrath (ninja) is not something people want you to spam...they only act as assasins not main combat troop.....and with ability , they can even take on jugger....and again, who would be dumb enough to use ninja in combat without any ability? (well except for newbie cuz they have no idea what they're doing)

if you complain about units, why don't u complain about the deads? they can kill a albowtross with blazing bolt for a much cheaper price.
ALbowtross: 450 gold, 200 mana, 4 pop while deads 300 gold, 100 mana, 3pop

Whoa. Bud, slow down. I didn't come here for an argument. I came for a decent debate.

Anyways, I remember one of my friends saying they fought Crazy Jay. He complained that Juggerknights were overpowered. Crazy Jay replied saying, "No, they're the same as Speartons." Not a very reliable source, but still something. Anyways, if Juggerknights are not the same as Speartons, then shouldn't they be more expensive than them? Last I checked, Juggerknights cost 450 gold and 50 mana, exactly the same as Speartons.

About Albatross, I guess it doesn't really matter. Spelling as all. So I'll just go with what you say.

A Shadowrath without Shinobi is actually very useful. I just make sure that they're behind my Speartons, and they pretty much pwn everyone. I use the strategy alot in Empires.

Anyways, I'm not complaining. They're suggestions. BUT! If suggestions are complaints, then wouldn't that mean Tecness is complaining about the game? I mean, doesn't he make threads about this all the time? In fact, I did join the community because of Tecness, also because I wanted to change the game. Last was because I wanted to be part of the community. But if you're gonna be mean, then I can gladly leave. No spamming the Forums, no spreading the word that, "Stickpage suxx" or whatever.

Tecness2
12-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Spearton & Shadowwarth - The Shadowwrath have less health, but can end up doing considerably more damage, as well as move a higher speed. They can also one hit most enemies while upgrade, or at the very least, solo most enemies and still live.

Flying Crossbowmen - 1/3rd of the game can hit, 2/3rd of the game can damage. Flying units in this game, are like going into a random match of Call Of Duty, and having a perk that makes you bullet proof. Rockets & Knives can still kill you, but you can still kill anyone else with bullets. They also, already do more damage, as well as have more health than their Archidon allies. And actually, Archidons vs Magikill isn't a bad idea if you have enough control to use them wisely. What I don't get, is why you're saying Crawlers vs Speartons, Archidons Vs Magikill & Swordwrath Vs Flying Crossbows. The first two would do considerable damage against each team, but the last one, is completely one-sided. I'd rather see them removed a long with Wingadon's if anything.

Juggerknights - They have a bit more health, as well as more damage than a spearton. Speartons just have more armor and attack faster. Charge - I agree

Giants - Sure, that sounds fair.

Also, I am complaining about the game in most of my threads, Lol

Juice Box
12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Spearton & Shadowwarth - The Shadowwrath have less health, but can end up doing considerably more damage, as well as move a higher speed. They can also one hit most enemies while upgrade, or at the very least, solo most enemies and still live.

Flying Crossbowmen - 1/3rd of the game can hit, 2/3rd of the game can damage. Flying units in this game, are like going into a random match of Call Of Duty, and having a perk that makes you bullet proof. Rockets & Knives can still kill you, but you can still kill anyone else with bullets. They also, already do more damage, as well as have more health than their Archidon allies. And actually, Archidons vs Magikill isn't a bad idea if you have enough control to use them wisely. What I don't get, is why you're saying Crawlers vs Speartons, Archidons Vs Magikill & Swordwrath Vs Flying Crossbows. The first two would do considerable damage against each team, but the last one, is completely one-sided. I'd rather see them removed a long with Wingadon's if anything.

Juggerknights - They have a bit more health, as well as more damage than a spearton. Speartons just have more armor and attack faster. Charge - I agree

Giants - Sure, that sounds fair.

Also, I am complaining about the game in most of my threads, Lol

*GASP* You replied! Le almighty Tecness replying to my thread! GAWHAWHAW.

Shadowrath - I guess you have a point.

Albowtross - LOL Didn't think of it that way. Actually a great point. Anyway, about Swordwrath VS Albowtross, I meant if someone's spamming Swordwrath with Rage, make a ton of Albowtross to counter it. Always worked for me.

Juggerknights - Never really knew that. Thanks!

MiamiBigAL
12-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Tecness has always had a problem with flying units because he can't handle them. Taking them out the game would just be a total waste of someone else's effort. There's nothing wrong with flying units. The problem is we need more units that can attack air (well, Order does anyway).

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 01:35 AM
*GASP* You replied! Le almighty Tecness replying to my thread! GAWHAWHAW.

Shadowrath - I guess you have a point.

Albowtross - LOL Didn't think of it that way. Actually a great point. Anyway, about Swordwrath VS Albowtross, I meant if someone's spamming Swordwrath with Rage, make a ton of Albowtross to counter it. Always worked for me.

Juggerknights - Never really knew that. Thanks!
Shadowrath - I do? I mean Yes! Of course I do!

Flying Crossbowmen. Yes, but what is to stop them from cloaking to your statue and just nomming it? Absolutely nothing, well maybe a wall.

Juggerknight - No problem.

Tecness has always had a problem with flying units because he can't handle them. Taking them out the game would just be a total waste of someone else's effort. There's nothing wrong with flying units. The problem is we need more units that can attack air (well, Order does anyway).
See? Look at what you did. You went and posted a semi-insulting post on a thread that was going very smoothly and you killed it.

Triss
12-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Errrr.... the problem is you REALLY HATE flying units, and everyone in the forum knows it.
It's like you seeing flying massers like cockroach that deserves to die.