PDA

View Full Version : Chaos vs Allbow groups

uberman
12-21-2012, 07:03 AM
How should I counter an order player with a group of allbows?

My giant can in theory hit them, but they simplly kite out of range.

Wings are weaker, and 12population-vs- 12 population 3 allbows beat 4 wings, I think.

Dead seem like an option, but they are so squshy in skirmish due to being slow - when ever you need to retreat to heal up, your dead will almost certainally have to be left behind and lost to the opponents.

I have been wiped out several times by mass allbows as a chaos player.
(Thinking seriously of going back onto order, and dropping the subscription when it comes due - which is a shame as I can afford to pay, and do like to support game developers).

Thanks for the thoughts.

Uberman (order) / Chaoticevil (chaos)

Bladed Fire
12-21-2012, 05:22 PM

Wings are weaker, and 12population-vs- 12 population 3 allbows beat 4 wings, I think.

Dead seem like an option, but they are so squshy in skirmish due to being slow - when ever you need to retreat to heal up, your dead will almost certainally have to be left behind and lost to the opponents.

(Thinking seriously of going back onto order, and dropping the subscription when it comes due - which is a shame as I can afford to pay, and do like to support game developers).

Thanks for the thoughts.

Think! Although I don't have Chaos, I knew that Marrowkai can beat them easily! Deads can kill Albowtross by 1vs1! Eclipsor vs Albowtross, if they have one, train two, outnumber them! Medusa can poison them and petrify them too! If you counter them with Order, Magikill is always in use, Archidons and Albowtross too! Remember: Spells can damage air units!

uberman
12-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Think! Although I don't have Chaos, I knew that Marrowkai can beat them easily! Deads can kill Albowtross by 1vs1! Eclipsor vs Albowtross, if they have one, train two, outnumber them! Medusa can poison them and petrify them too! If you counter them with Order, Magikill is always in use, Archidons and Albowtross too! Remember: Spells can damage air units!

Thanks for the reply.
I tried marrowkai (fists) but either I didnt hit any at all or I took one point of health from a single one - I took it that the fists coming out of the ground didnt reach the albow's in the sky (reasonable enough) - but I guess it was a targetting issue? I guess I just missed them. The fists spell takes a while to recharge too, so I guess its gonna be a long time or lot of Marrow's. Unless you can get them while they are bunched up on top of each other - the fists is a single line rather than aoe.

However, I am suprised that madusa can spit poison on them, thats good news.

Thanks for the response.

Tecness2
12-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I tried marrowkai (fists) but either I didnt hit any at all or I took one point of health from a single one - I took it that the fists coming out of the ground didnt reach the albow's in the sky (reasonable enough) - but I guess it was a targetting issue? I guess I just missed them. The fists spell takes a while to recharge too, so I guess its gonna be a long time or lot of Marrow's. Unless you can get them while they are bunched up on top of each other - the fists is a single line rather than aoe.

However, I am suprised that madusa can spit poison on them, thats good news.

Thanks for the response.
Fists reach them in the air, you probably missed them. I just build 2-3 Medusa's and stone them, and then dead's clean up the rest.

uberman
12-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Fists reach them in the air, you probably missed them. I just build 2-3 Medusa's and stone them, and then dead's clean up the rest.

Yes, I think I get your (implied) point about having a few medusa in your chaos army - any troublesome units (like an assassin ninja or albow) can simply be removed with a one-shot. Wow.
I am the first to admit that I am a bit crappy at using the higher tier chaos units to their best ability - hence several posts along the lines of 'what do I do to counter X, Y, Z. Thing is, as an older adult I can accept its my experience or skill limitation, not always OP on the part of the enemy units.

BTW, if I have say 3 medusa and have all selected (say shift click) and stone an enemy, will all 3 medusa's use up their petrify skill (ie put it on cooldown) or will I use one, and still have two available to use?
If its the later, then I can shift-click medusa, then click petrift ability, then click the target unit of my choice for stoning and repeat twice more by clicking petfiry ability and target unit - if its the former I single select a medusa, stone a foe, select a different medusa and repeat 3 times.
The difference being manually selecting each medusa, and keeping track of which is on cool-down at any point in the battle. Not small thing in terms of winning an encounter.

I know I can try out in game, but normally I am in a clicking frenzy in a big battle :) and why re-descover the wheel, when you presumably already do this as a routine skill.

Again, thanks for offering good advice to my original question; medusa to take out albows.

ETA (edit to add)
wow, I just tried 3 medusa in my army.
FFS :)

Tec, what is a typical army make up youd recomend (obviously, one should change and develop the strategy in response to what the oponent does, one army will beat one enemy but fail against a different opponent, so its only an example and could be an unanswerable noobie question (noobie; whats the perfect army to stomp all opponents regardless of my noobie skill levels - experienced player; :facepalm: ) and roughly what order should I be building in?

ATAA (edit to add again)
yes, dead are an effective counter to albows - not that anyone here needed me to tell you that - rather you guys told me and now I got it.

magi steve
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
This is the easiest way to get rid of allbows archidon or allbotross, all you have to do is have one knight and 4-8 bombers. now i know that bombers weakness is range so heres the idea (and it works too good for dealing with swordwrath as well) position all your bombers begind your knight then attack them,tell all your units to kill an archer in the middle when they charge the knight will act as shield for the bombers and if the bombers begin to out run the knight then use the charge ability. The archers will run away and probably kite but you will catch them eventualy and when you do they will all die. if your problem is with albowtross then the enemy needs to have at least one unit on the ground right under them or at least close to them, it will work the same but you will need more bombers because albowtrosses have more health than archidons. when you attack tell your units to kill the guy under the albowtross and the explosions will kill the albowtross. Now of course the easiest way to deal with albow tross is to get allot of deads with poison, this will work against albowtross every time.

Tecness2
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
This is the easiest way to get rid of allbows archidon or allbotross, all you have to do is have one knight and 4-8 bombers. now i know that bombers weakness is range so heres the idea (and it works too good for dealing with swordwrath as well) position all your bombers begind your knight then attack them,tell all your units to kill an archer in the middle when they charge the knight will act as shield for the bombers and if the bombers begin to out run the knight then use the charge ability. The archers will run away and probably kite but you will catch them eventualy and when you do they will all die. if your problem is with albowtross then the enemy needs to have at least one unit on the ground right under them or at least close to them, it will work the same but you will need more bombers because albowtrosses have more health than archidons. when you attack tell your units to kill the guy under the albowtross and the explosions will kill the albowtross. Now of course the easiest way to deal with albow tross is to get allot of deads with poison, this will work against albowtross every time.
You can choose when to blow the bombers up manually, you know that right?

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the thoughts.

I think we can all afford it, some of us just choose not to (due to possible viruses), as we need money to buy a computer in the 1st place, which is much more expensive than $3.99. Anyways, to answer your question, a group of all Allbowtrosses simply

A. Takes Long To Load

Attack before this! Make sure you have a good economy so you can attack early.

B. Rushes.

Yes, they are vulnerable to rushes. Get your JuggerKnights (take much less time to load, I think.), around 8-14 and rush past them. Compared to JuggerKnights, Allbows have low speed and probably won't get to their statue in time.

This is ONLY in case your economy isn't good. If you can get in an early attack, that's what you should do.

Hope this helps :)

And PLEASE don't ban me Tec I really didn't spam at all.

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I think we can all afford it, some of us just choose not to (due to possible viruses), as we need money to buy a computer in the 1st place, which is much more expensive than $3.99. Anyways, to answer your question, a group of all Allbowtrosses simply

A. Takes Long To Load

Attack before this! Make sure you have a good economy so you can attack early.

B. Rushes.

Yes, they are vulnerable to rushes. Get your JuggerKnights (take much less time to load, I think.), around 8-14 and rush past them. Compared to JuggerKnights, Allbows have low speed and probably won't get to their statue in time.

This is ONLY in case your economy isn't good. If you can get in an early attack, that's what you should do.

Hope this helps :)

And PLEASE don't ban me Tec I really didn't spam at all.

:/ those two points are very similar, also, if a smart person did this, they would turtle, no? You can't exactly rush them (unless you are extremely skillful) if they have 3 castles, 2 walls, etc