View Full Version : Particles EVERYWHERE

Sonicmanqaz
12-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I am practicing some particle effects and some flipping :D

http://www.fileize.com/view/c15d5ec8-0c2/

CnC please

bl3u
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM
DAYUM! Those particles were super sexy! They were smooth and parted evenly. It looked layered rather than a clusterfuck. Nice man 8.9/10 :D

Shensurei
12-21-2012, 10:41 PM
The particles were smoothly animated, but they were very small and boring.
The run was very awkward. It looked like he was limping, but quickly. Like an angry dude with a club foot.
The jump had no force or anticipation in it whatsoever. He shouldn't have gone as far as he did. In fact he shouldn't have gone anywhere, really.
I get that it was just practice but still. Throw some flair at it next time. see what comes of it.

Sonicmanqaz
12-22-2012, 11:29 AM
DAYUM! Those particles were super sexy! They were smooth and parted evenly. It looked layered rather than a clusterfuck. Nice man 8.9/10 :D

The particles were smoothly animated, but they were very small and boring.
The run was very awkward. It looked like he was limping, but quickly. Like an angry dude with a club foot.
The jump had no force or anticipation in it whatsoever. He shouldn't have gone as far as he did. In fact he shouldn't have gone anywhere, really.
I get that it was just practice but still. Throw some flair at it next time. see what comes of it.

and WOW. that was harsh, but I kinda see what you mean about the running. But thanks anyway

Shensurei
12-22-2012, 11:45 AM
It was harsh, but it was honest.
And honesty gets results with this sort of thing.

Zaie
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
it seems you're trying too hard. make the actual animation first THEN add in particles or edit key frames to help with onion skinning and so on. make a new layer above other ones for particles depending on how many "bases" or sources you're gona have add new layers liek say the one guy would be particle 1 and the seconed guy is particle 2 that way in case anything goes wrong you dont have to do extra work.

Shensurei
12-22-2012, 12:19 PM
it seems you're trying too hard. make the actual animation first THEN add in particles or edit key frames to help with onion skinning and so on. make a new layer above other ones for particles depending on how many "bases" or sources you're gona have add new layers liek say the one guy would be particle 1 and the seconed guy is particle 2 that way in case anything goes wrong you dont have to do extra work.
I'm...pretty sure that's what he did....
That's not exactly something you can see based solely upon the animation...

Zaie
12-22-2012, 12:19 PM
of course i meant like if he didn't allready :P

Shensurei
12-22-2012, 12:27 PM
of course i meant like if he didn't allready :P
But that's.....I don't....how.....what?