PDA

View Full Version : my FIRST big pivot project. (update)

Stickly
12-23-2012, 01:48 AM
I know that this should be on "upcoming works in progress", but I thought I would post it her first.

I am going to be making my first full length-ish anim! The title is, "Revenge" and the topic is murder. This animation's scenes will be put together with Windows Movie Maker as it is distributed in different anims in every bg change.

I will be needing help on this for the various scenes and parts in this anim and will be accepting Stykz animators as well!
(STYKZ animators can send their STYKZ animations to me by E-mail) (pivot users can PM me)
EDIT: I will also send you the link for the figure that I am using

Story line starts off with your typical everyday murder. The room is dark and a mysterious figure walks forward in the dark of night. As he continues on he pulls out a knife and continues walking. He is walking toward a door and when he opens it, there is the victim in her bed sleeping. It shows a picture of the victim on the wall, then the whole scene fades white. It fades back out to show cop cars outside a house. Inside a man is crying, for the victim was his wife. He suddenly gets up, and filled with anger runs out into the streets.

The rest is pretty much him finding the band of murderers and fighting them off until finally getting to the murderer who killed his wife.

Here is a screen shot of the murderer creeping up in the dark:
http://www.fileize.com/files/e9015216/479/dsfdgg67.bmp

UPDATE: the starting scene is complete :)

I have very, VERY little done. I just couldnt wait to post this, sorry :P.

How do I join?:
Just comment below if you are interested, then I will put you on the interested people list. After this, PM me an anim of yours to show your ability, and if you are of my animation abilities or higher, I will reply with the scene you will work on and a bg that you will put in it.

There will be more than one scene assigned to each person.

PEOPLE INTERESTED:
Agent

PEOPLE PARTICIPATING:
Pivot
Garbear
Avenger
77row

Thank you for checking this out, I will be updating this as I continue on. I hope this thread dosnt go to waist, for I really want to do this and I think that if this is goes well, it will turn out great.

again thanks, Stickly

UPDATE: participants signature:
http://www.fileize.com/files/117eaaa4/66c/revenge10.bmp

Kronozs
12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Nice background for a pivot ... I'm half-interested on joining .. but I use flash, goodluck on this

Stickly
12-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice background for a pivot ... I'm half-interested on joining .. but I use flash, goodluck on this

thank you very much :). the backgrounds will all be done with paint btw.

Deathwrath
12-23-2012, 02:20 AM
This looks epic

Stickly
12-23-2012, 02:22 AM
This looks epic

thank you :). hopefully it will be :P

Garbear
12-23-2012, 05:23 AM
thank you very much :). the backgrounds will all be done with paint btw.

I presume your creating the bg in pivot and saving it
as a img for a background file?

12-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Stickly i want to help and um..... well i think we are about the same level...... but anyway how do you send stykz files because i use stykz

night avenger
12-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm interested, but don't expect anything good. xD

Garbear
12-23-2012, 09:53 AM
On another note, If I can get it before next Satuday, I will join.

Stickly
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
thank you all. you all are in since I have seen your work.

Garbear, are u going to use pivot or STYKZ?

I presume your creating the bg in pivot and saving it
as a img for a background file?

Almost all the bg's are going to be made with paint and will be saved as JPEG's so they are compatible with pivot

12-23-2012, 04:29 PM

okay sweet but umm how do you send stykz files and what part should i do

Stickly
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
okay sweet but umm how do you send stykz files and what part should i do

I will be sending parts shortly by PM, along with bg, stickfigure, some objects, and actions you will be doing. If you read the thread it tells you how but, oh well. I will PM you my Email address where you can send your STYKS anims there :).

Garbear
12-23-2012, 04:35 PM

Garbear, are u going to use pivot or STYKZ?

Almost all the bg's are going to be made with paint and will be saved as JPEG's so they are compatible with pivot

Stykz.

You can make it look better by creating a seperate file with the actual bg in it,
save it as a bmp, and load it as a background. Looks better and still has onion
skin.

Also, we are just animating the man going out killing murderers? I don't think
anyone would want to see the same beginning scene over and over.

Stickly
12-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Stykz.

You can make it look better by creating a seperate file with the actual bg in it,
save it as a bmp, and load it as a background. Looks better and still has onion
skin.

Also, we are just animating the man going out killing murderers? I don't think
anyone would want to see the same beginning scene over and over.

EDIT: ohhh ok I see what you mean. I will do that for the rest of the bg's, THANK YOU!

and also no, once all the scenes are made and the anims are sent to me, I will save each anim as seperate images and then puting them in order from beginning to end with sfx if possible and some music, possibly. unless someone else is willing to do this

that is the answer to the question if thats what you meant by it

EDIT: here is a small example of three different anims put together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqwGnHy5R4&feature=youtu.be

12-23-2012, 05:45 PM
i am excited weeeee!!!!!! *pees pants*

Stickly
12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
i am excited weeeee!!!!!! *pees pants*

ME TOOOO! XD not that excited tho. expect a PM from me later on for start :)

and also, garbear, why by saturday?

Garbear
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
ME TOOOO! XD not that excited tho. expect a PM from me later on for start :)

and also, garbear, why by saturday?

I have until then to animate, and my vacation ends that Wendesday.

I can guarantee if I got it on Monday, I would never finish on time.

Stickly
12-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I have until then to animate, and my vacation ends that Wendesday.

I can guarantee if I got it on Monday, I would never finish on time.

ok thats why. Dont worry I will get you your part soon. actually... would you like a fighting part, or a dramatic part with low action? :P

and omg the pivot thread hasnt had this much activity since a long time. Its ALMOST beating the flash section! XD

Garbear
12-23-2012, 06:26 PM
ok thats why. Dont worry I will get you your part soon. actually... would you like a fighting part, or a dramatic part with low action? :P

and omg the pivot thread hasnt had this much activity since a long time. Its ALMOST beating the flash section! XD

Don't really care.

Stickly
12-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Don't really care.

kk! okay made a sig that I think we should have to show we are paticipating. made it small so it wouldnt take up to much space:
http://www.fileize.com/files/117eaaa4/66c/revenge10.bmp

when you add it to your sig, add a link on the pic that leads to this thread :)

RandomDude
12-23-2012, 06:48 PM
there is the victim in his bed sleeping. It shows a picture of him on the wall, then the whole scene fades white. It fades back out to show cop cars outside a house. Inside a man is crying, for the victim was his wife.

so "him" is somebody's wife? seems legit. anyway, i'm interested on helping, but i won't be able to for a little while because i'm working currently on a different pivot anim.

Stickly
12-23-2012, 06:51 PM
so "him" is somebody's wife? seems legit. anyway, i'm interested on helping, but i won't be able to for a little while because i'm working currently on a different pivot anim.

lolololol sorry XD. thank you for being interested. I will need to see an anim from you first tho before i can let you. I need to see if you are good enough :P

Pivot
12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
I'll try. I'm a bit rusty with Pivot, but I've got a little skill left.

13~Agent~13
12-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Hmm I wanna try but my pivots a bit Rusty. Haven't done an anim since October

RandomDude
12-24-2012, 08:02 AM
lolololol sorry XD. thank you for being interested. I will need to see an anim from you first tho before i can let you. I need to see if you are good enough :P

ok, here's one i made recently for practice:
http://www.fileize.com/files/919eb846/17e/headbutt_practice_anim.gif
it was kinda rushed.
if you're still not sure if i'm good enough from this, look at my avatar and sig.

12-24-2012, 08:47 AM
wow dude stickly got banned.... um tell us what your new acount is

RandomDude
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
wow dude stickly got banned

oh, that's not good. permanently?

12-24-2012, 12:41 PM
i don't know

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey everyone this is Stickly Business. I have been banned for a reason I do not wish to share, witch i think is hardly a reason for ban.

but anyway, it is only a temporal ban and should have been lifted today, but for whatever reason it hasnt yet. I will hopefully be unbanned later today and be able to continue.

Thanks

12-24-2012, 02:10 PM
okay dats cool but send us parts from your new account

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 02:10 PM
okay dats cool but send us parts from your new account

gotcha

77Row
12-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Cool, I would like to participate on this, but what exactly are we doing? Are we animating some parts from your story?

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Cool, I would like to participate on this, but what exactly are we doing? Are we animating some parts from your story?

yes. did you read everything?

12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
can you send me my part

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 04:00 PM
can you send me my part

yes, I am working on it right now ;).

it is just a little part, so when your done with it I will have another part for you.

Try to do it the best you can

12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
okay i will probably not work on it tomorrow because its christmas but i have a whole week without school to work on it after

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
okay i will probably not work on it tomorrow because its christmas but i have a whole week without school to work on it after

okay thats fine, have a merry Christmas!

77Row
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
yes. did you read everything?

Yes, just need more detail.

12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
okay thats fine, have a merry Christmas!

YAHOO

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes, just need more detail.

pretty much I will PM you a bg, figure, and what you are animating. Once you accomplish it, you will PM the animation and I will add it to the scenes

RandomDude
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
so, am i in?

Stickly 2
12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
so, am i in?

Randomdude I will PM you.

Stickly
12-24-2012, 08:18 PM
yay I'm back everyone!

77Row
12-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Cool, put me in plz :>

Stickly
12-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Cool, put me in plz :>

lol yes I will, I saw your speed battle, you are good enough to join.

Make sure to put on the "revenge" signature as well :)

I'll try. I'm a bit rusty with Pivot, but I've got a little skill left.

PIVOT! lol PM me an anim that you have done so I can see if your good enough to join

also, 13 Agent 13 you may PM me an anim you have done as well.

Thank you!

night avenger
12-24-2012, 11:13 PM
My part? :3

Stickly
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM
My part? :3

would you like an acton part, or a running and pretty much story making part?

Stickly
12-25-2012, 01:04 AM
UPDATE: the starting of the animation. Give me Cnc if you feel it necessary, I am not quite sure if this will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZAhzmiBgE4&feature=youtu.be

77row also what scene do you feel you would do best in, action, tranquility, complex dramatics?

big words haha

77Row
12-25-2012, 02:01 AM
I do best in action, like we hes fighting the band of murderers.

night avenger
12-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I do what I'm told. :D

Stickly
12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
I do what I'm told. :D

haha okay, I will give you your part soon

I do best in action, like we hes fighting the band of murderers.

ok, 270 is already doing the first part, so I will give you the second.

And guys, what do you guys think about the beginning? I am in doubt about it just a little, it dosnt look correct XP

night avenger
12-25-2012, 01:42 PM
The beginning? It's perfect!
I think that blood splat should splat on the picture when she gets killed.

Stickly
12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
The beginning? It's perfect!
I think that blood splat should splat on the picture when she gets killed.

thank you. I was thinking of that too but it seemed a bit too hard to do in pivot.

night avenger
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Can I have the .piv?
I wanna test it out. :3

Pivot
12-25-2012, 03:04 PM
am i in? i wun b in, but i dun no if im good enuf.

Goddamn, I hate speaking like that. Stickly, am I in?

Stickly
12-25-2012, 04:17 PM
am i in? i wun b in, but i dun no if im good enuf.

Goddamn, I hate speaking like that. Stickly, am I in?

yes you are. sorry for the wait X( I was alil busy. but anyway, thanks for the help :)

Can I have the .piv?
I wanna test it out. :3

ya sure I will PM you it

Pivot
12-25-2012, 04:32 PM
What do you need me to animate?

Stickly
12-25-2012, 04:44 PM
What do you need me to animate?

right now this is how it stands:

270: finds base, fights two gaurds, goes inside.

Garbear: after finding out his wife was murdered, runs to base in search of the murderers

77row: fight scene in base

Night avenger: scenes leading up to 270's

Stickly: beginning, FINISHED. maybe also boss fight..

Pivot: ???

am i missing anyone? anyway, you could do one of the fight scenes pivot :)

Pivot
12-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Maybe I could do the boss fight? You've got the beginning, 270 has the base and 2 guards, Garbear's got the search for the murderers, 77's got the fight scene in the base, Night's got the buildup, and I could cover the boss. Then we all get a part.

Just a suggestion, though.

night avenger
12-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Am I supposed to wait 'till you give me the stuff or am I supposed to work on it?
Are they separate .pivs or is it like a joint?

Stickly
12-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Am I supposed to wait 'till you give me the stuff or am I supposed to work on it?
Are they separate .pivs or is it like a joint?

seperate pivots. I will put them all together when every part is finished. And please do wait, I am still waiting for 270 to finish, then you can go right ahead :).

Maybe I could do the boss fight? You've got the beginning, 270 has the base and 2 guards, Garbear's got the search for the murderers, 77's got the fight scene in the base, Night's got the buildup, and I could cover the boss. Then we all get a part.

Just a suggestion, though.

if you really feel you can pull it off, then that is yours to animate! :)
It will be tough though, the boss is actually the one who kills his wife, so the boss will have to use knives.

Why dont we both make are own? then we can vote on witch one to choose. nothing competitive, its just that the ending will be the greatest part.
I will PM you the figure we are using and anything else you might need, as well as a bg if you are not up to making your own.

phew, running this thing is harder than i anticipated XD.

Pivot
12-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm going to need you to make me a background, man. I can't draw worth shit.

Stickly
12-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm going to need you to make me a background, man. I can't draw worth shit.

very well haha

Pivot
12-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks. Once I get it I'll start working on the animation.

Stickly
12-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks. Once I get it I'll start working on the animation.

just sent it, took me like 5 min. :P

Pivot
12-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks, man. I'll start working on it now.

Stickly
12-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks, man. I'll start working on it now.

gl

12-26-2012, 06:19 AM
hey um for the fight in the base the backround you tryed to send me was like during the day and for my animation (almost done) the backround is all grey and i have a part where there is no backround really so i hope it works out and for the boss fight it should be like night time so the animations feel like they fit together

Stickly
12-26-2012, 02:45 PM
hey um for the fight in the base the backround you tryed to send me was like during the day and for my animation (almost done) the backround is all grey and i have a part where there is no backround really so i hope it works out and for the boss fight it should be like night time so the animations feel like they fit together

the boss fight is inside, so it will work out

77Row
12-26-2012, 08:08 PM
where my part .__.

Stickly
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
where my part .__.

lol you have one of the fight scenes after 270's. The main character runs into the room and can defeat how ever many murderers you would like, this scene is before he reaches the boss. I can send you a bg if you would like, and the figure we are using if i havnt yet.

77Row
12-26-2012, 08:42 PM
send me the bg and figure so I get ready for my part.

Cryos
12-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey I'll help out with this give me till the 30th so I can actually send my current skill. But you can look at my rhg demo to see an aged one.

EDIT: Actually scratch that I need to get better at animating before I try something of this caliber.

superario2
12-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Umm can I join?

Stickly
12-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey I'll help out with this give me till the 30th so I can actually send my current skill. But you can look at my rhg demo to see an aged one.

EDIT: Actually scratch that I need to get better at animating before I try something of this caliber.

um ok :)

Umm can I join?

send me an anim and i will see what i can do, there are alot of animators joined already, but i will see what i can do

send me the bg and figure so I get ready for my part.

ok