PDA

View Full Version : economic use of bombers

uberman
12-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Does anyone how many bombers will drop a sword? and an archer? how about a miner? (any other units you know too)

No, I am not ranting that 3 bombers costs more than a sword, because its obviously not smart to blow up one sword :)

I was faced by a guy going mass swords (to defend and fight over centre tower while he made a giant army I think) He must have had ...oh... what looked like 50 but was actually a lot lot less, about 3 rows so maybe 18 of em? - quite a sight in raging red :)

I pulled them to a temptingly small group of juggerknights then when they were pulled in nice and tight sent in the bombsquad and cleared them all insta-kill :)

But to be sure I used overkill, about 8 bombers (it was still economically sound, the cost was only about 4 swords, but I got numbers beyond counting) didnt want to let him survive and beware my plan.

So that made me wonder, how many sucessful bombs would actually kill various targets.

Obviously, making it to them is a different issue, and a few spare would probably be a smart move.

Seems like a great defence for early game if he has a group of swords on your tower while your not able to use other units too :)

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 06:48 AM
5 Bombers for a sword, if you use 4, he will live with about 1% health.
3(maybe 4) bombers for an Archidon.
4 bombers for an un-upgraded miner. 5 For an upgraded one.
Takes over 80 to kill an un-upgraded statue.

uberman
12-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the info Tec, as usual :)

badplayer
12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
uh oh, now we will see mass bomber statue rush. gg, imbalanced

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 04:35 PM
uh oh, now we will see mass bomber statue rush. gg, imbalanced
You if you upgrade your statue, I believe, it takes over 160 bombers to kill it.

DragonFrost
12-25-2012, 01:05 PM
WOW! So resilence doubles your statue hp? Then that's good. i always get it anyways (as a defensive move), but i never knew how good it was until now.

uberman
12-26-2012, 02:38 AM
WOW! So resilence doubles your statue hp? Then that's good. i always get it anyways (as a defensive move), but i never knew how good it was until now.

same here :)
Even when I am on the offensive, he may made a counter attack :)

Tecness2
12-26-2012, 06:05 AM
As I understood it, resilience doubles or increases greatly, your statues MAXIMUM health and the health you currently have.
For example, let's say, the statue has 100 health normally at maximum, not upgraded. You took some damage, you have 64/100.
You buy resilience, and it increases 100 to 150. That's a 50% increase. Well that would increase the 64 to 96 (Just a guess really).
Also, I don't know, for a fact, that it doubles, that was always just my guess.

Invincitron
12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi reader,

So it doubles? According to Tecness2... it must be very well worth it!

.:Invincitron:.

DragonFrost
12-27-2012, 10:54 AM
:D i know right!

DarknessLight
12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
5 Bombers for a sword, if you use 4, he will live with about 1% health.
3(maybe 4) bombers for an Archidon.
4 bombers for an un-upgraded miner. 5 For an upgraded one.
Takes over 80 to kill an un-upgraded statue.

NOT true. A single bomber can kill an Archidon and Sword I've tried it. Actually BUY Chaos before you make any rash claims...

Tecness2
12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
NOT true. A single bomber can kill an Archidon and Sword I've tried it. Actually BUY Chaos before you make any rash claims...
A single bomber, can not kill anything at full health. I'm pretty sure, it can't even kill another bomber.

DragonFrost
12-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Lol darknesslight messed that one up. Unless he can somehow prove that 1 bomber can killa an archidon and a sword..

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Lol darknesslight messed that one up. Unless he can somehow prove that 1 bomber can killa an archidon and a sword..

1 bomber CAN kill an archidon and a swordwrath, by exploding them when they're not in full health.

DragonFrost
12-28-2012, 09:41 PM
>.> damn you bladed fire (jk). I never thought of that. BUTTTTTT I have a plan to counter it. 2 shots from an archidon blows the bomber up. So kite it once and you live. Or, just separate your archidon and sword lol. He can only kill one :D

WyzDM
01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
I used to have a clever bombing strategy, sending in 10-20 for a final thrust, but against more experienced players you need a stronger army, not a fancy end-of-the-game signature.

uberman
01-03-2013, 03:04 AM
I used to have a clever bombing strategy, sending in 10-20 for a final thrust, but against more experienced players you need a stronger army, not a fancy end-of-the-game signature.

Hehe thats what you call 'going out with a bang'
How much damage would it cause to a statue? just a tiny last part, or a significant chunk?
Tec said about 80 would kill a staute (without resiliance), so if you use 20, does that equal a quater-statue-health? I never tried it, but I am so tempted to be a copy-cat killer :)

(BTW I play chaoticevil - you advised me after kicking my ass good and hard, thanks for the advice, not so much for the kicking :) )

Cobalt
01-03-2013, 03:23 AM
I read the title and was struck with disgust. People talking about cheap ways to create bombs and or use suicide bombers. What in the fuck is going on here?! Then I realized what was going on, and my disgust was lowered considerably. Any who I had a nice laugh and thought I'd share it with you jolly folk.

uberman
01-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Play testing data;
A un-upgraded statue takes about 80-84 bombers (so 20 bombers would do 1/4 of statue life in damage, assuming its not upgraded).
A Juggerknight takes between 15 ad 21.

I wonder if there is a center region with higher damage, and less damage at the edge - this would account for a variety in results with the juggerknight.

I got sick of spawning bombers, but will add more data if I do more tests :)

I'd like to do an upgraded statue, to know how effective the upgrade is, if I can keep sane long enough to make all those bombers.

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Wait.. Let's say you turtled, mass 8 bombers, charge, blow up enemy miners, then get more bombers (enough to kill every single enemy or at least severely hurt them) then get like a jugger, finish off the rest, then you win >.> although I realize it won't be that simple XD

uberman
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Wait.. Let's say you turtled, mass 8 bombers, charge, blow up enemy miners, then get more bombers (enough to kill every single enemy or at least severely hurt them) then get like a jugger, finish off the rest, then you win >.> although I realize it won't be that simple XD

It would be like I normally play, but turtling instead of attacking while building bombers
(Joke)

Seriously, its my second move. First crawlers then 4 bombers, try get in a bomber and crawler raid on miners before he gets up castle archer, or walls.
Sometimes, 4 bombers can wipe 6 miners in one hit :)
Thats game-changing if it comes off near the start of the game. Thats why I generally try it, ASAP.

magi steve
01-05-2013, 08:59 AM
It takes 3 bombers to kill a archidon. thats a fact

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Yep. I can verify that. 3 bombers will kill a FULL HEALTH archidon.

Barcodelibrary
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
You are so kind. Thanks for posting this information.

WyzDM
01-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Bomber strategies are fun, but a very skilled player will now how and when to counter.

For instance, if they space the troops, the explosion can only go in such a range, and then you may only kill just a third of their army. However, if you combo with another unit you can come up with different techniques on getting around it.

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 07:58 AM
:/ actually I once played who massed bombers from start to end :/ I forgot how I beat him lol, but I did win

WyzDM
01-10-2013, 01:20 PM
:/ actually I once played who massed bombers from start to end :/ I forgot how I beat him lol, but I did win

Well it's not hard really, especially if they're still using bombers late game. Speartons will tank enough of em to make them useless, and if you have archers you can shoot em before they get to your troops.

jerrytt
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I thought there was a problem with archers that cause them to, when attacking the same unit and killing it, have arrows in a certain time period still enter the corpse. Ive never used archers much on bombers, but wouldnt this nullify each volley to one or 2 bombers dead?
And what happens if they use 1 jugger+12 bombers?

WyzDM
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I thought there was a problem with archers that cause them to, when attacking the same unit and killing it, have arrows in a certain time period still enter the corpse. Ive never used archers much on bombers, but wouldnt this nullify each volley to one or 2 bombers dead?
And what happens if they use 1 jugger+12 bombers?

Don't target your archers to a single bomber, just let them shoot on their own and the damage will be far greater. And remember, Juggers and bombers are from the same tree, so it's difficult to mass them both. If he has both, you gave him too much time to mass his army, but by then you should have an army able to withstand a few bombers yourself.

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Yes. Wyzdm has great wisdom (:

ShadowyWhisper
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
You if you upgrade your statue, I believe, it takes over 160 bombers to kill it.

Ahem. Which explains why I had Resilience and it barely healed itself. All it took was a single Ghost Spearton (Hey don't blame me if I went to get a cookie and found out my entire army died) and half the health was gone. :/

Not correct at all.

DragonFrost
01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
It doesnt regen, also, did you have ANY defenses? castle archers and the such.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
It doesnt regen, also, did you have ANY defenses? castle archers and the such.

Yeah, these put bombers right out of the ballpark.

uberman
01-19-2013, 02:04 AM
My testing shows a magikill needs 10 bombs to kill him.
A meric about 8 (without healing - ie symultaneous hit, not a series of hits)
Allbow about 4 bombs. You need to manually blow the bomber, and be in the right spot obviously.

GokuXx
02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
As I understood it, resilience doubles or increases greatly, your statues MAXIMUM health and the health you currently have.
For example, let's say, the statue has 100 health normally at maximum, not upgraded. You took some damage, you have 64/100.
You buy resilience, and it increases 100 to 150. That's a 50% increase. Well that would increase the 64 to 96 (Just a guess really).
Also, I don't know, for a fact, that it doubles, that was always just my guess.

Yeah resiliance is very good because so many Order user just spamm speartons and rush at your statue. Personally i am a Chaos user and to beat them dude i get resilience and get like 4 giants 1 Medusa, 2 tower dead's and Eclipsors. I always beat them when they do this :p

GokuXx
02-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Haha what a moron.. A single bomber CAN'T kill an Archidon nor a Sword. Get your facts straight kid. :p

GokuXx
02-16-2013, 09:50 PM
My previous comment was meant for Darknesslight lol

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Haha what a moron.. A single bomber CAN'T kill an Archidon nor a Sword. Get your facts straight kid. :p

Triple post.
And btw, a single bomber can kill a giant (if the giant has almost no hp left XD)

jerrytt
02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Once, i had about 4 swords and he had 6 bombers and 3 crawlers. when i saw the bombers i retreated, and just when the bombers were about to hit my swords, i took 1 sword out and charged at them, which was conveniently the one the bombers were aiming at:P so i lost one sword to his 6 bombers. not very "economic" :P

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Once, i had about 4 swords and he had 6 bombers and 3 crawlers. when i saw the bombers i retreated, and just when the bombers were about to hit my swords, i took 1 sword out and charged at them, which was conveniently the one the bombers were aiming at:P so i lost one sword to his 6 bombers. not very "economic" :P

Nice micro! And you were lucky that was the one they aimed for...

ShadowyWhisper
02-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, think about it. A BOMBER, which is very weak and of no use outside of the beginning game, has very strong attack power and extremely fast speed. They almost always can never reach my Meric, and I believe it takes 3 Merics to kill a Bomber, am I correct?

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Actually, bombers are VERY useful after beginning game.i once had like 8 bombers in mid game, and I blew up the opponents 7 albows (he was trying to mass albows). He surrendered.

ShadowyWhisper
02-17-2013, 06:17 PM
9 bombers can't do that much damage...

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 08:06 PM
9 bombers can't do that much damage...

They were all grouped together.

PUMU
02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
I've done this as well my opponent went swordwrath albow mix and I bombed em with 6 bombers and my eclipsors killed the stragglers. Bombers can be used strategically to turn the tide of a battle if even used as one bomber support.
Three eclipsors vs three Albows then you add one bomber you end up winning this battle

DragonFrost
02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
I've done this as well my opponent went swordwrath albow mix and I bombed em with 6 bombers and my eclipsors killed the stragglers. Bombers can be used strategically to turn the tide of a battle if even used as one bomber support.
Three eclipsors vs three Albows then you add one bomber you end up winning this battle

1 Eclipsor and 10 bombers also win the battle :D

Invincitron
02-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi reader,

Actually... I have 1/100 HP on my statue left and when I got Resliance it seemed like it went to 51/100 HP...

.:Invincitron:.

PUMU
02-28-2013, 03:54 PM
i did this too XD i was just about to lose until resiliene kicked in cause i stalled long enough with charge
i was like O-O zombie victory