PDA

View Full Version : How to regain honor once deemed a coward and unhonorful on stickempires

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 11:14 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a0207fce3aee303650e01e64ce9a12b0/tumblr_mfh79cpOHM1rzvs1to1_1280.png

Idk. But I hope surrendering gets my honor back! Any suggestions guys?! I need help!!

:rolleyes:

badplayer
12-23-2012, 01:57 PM
surrender -> honor

i do it all the time

77Row
12-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Can i come to that chat?

And just talk friendly in a match to gain real honor.

DragonFrost
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
yeah you can come
its SOS main page

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 03:04 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a0207fce3aee303650e01e64ce9a12b0/tumblr_mfh79cpOHM1rzvs1to1_1280.png

Idk. But I hope surrendering gets my honor back! Any suggestions guys?! I need help!!

:rolleyes:
I could do a number of things to this thread, I'm sure it breaks at least one rule, but I want to see how this will run it's course.

Fighting with honor? LOL thats funny coming from the guy who admits to raging and he still not satisfied that u surrenderd for him ungratfull litttle.....
Continue your sentence.

I come from Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 1-3. That includes the expansions of such. While these aren't the only RTS games I've played, they are the most known. In these types of games, there is something known as cheese. Cheese consists of rushing Dark Templars (They are permanently cloaked and can attack while cloaked as well), or 6-pooling (Building one drone as a zerg player, and saving up to a spawning pool, so you can attack before your opponent has a chance to build any units). While cheesing can be considered a "good strategy," it is, without honor. I said fight like a man, but I should have said Fight like a Kligon(Star Trek reference)
If you consider that, raging, than I urge you to watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85uXDqMLfy4

While 77Row is correct in a way, that's more respect than honor.

jerrytt
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
so by your logic there should be no rushing, both sides must meet the enemy in the middle of the field, when both armies are ready, and attacking their miners is taboo? it's a startedy game. if you win(without cheating) then you have a better stratedgy. daemon, you. did not have to surrender just because he was raging (yes, Tec, u were raging,)

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 05:47 PM
so by your logic there should be no rushing, both sides must meet the enemy in the middle of the field, when both armies are ready, and attacking their miners is taboo? it's a startedy game. if you win(without cheating) then you have a better stratedgy. daemon, you. did not have to surrender just because he was raging (yes, Tec, u were raging,)
1: Strategy. I have no idea what a startedgy is.
2: No, I'm not saying that at all, but that would be nice.
3: I'm not raging, I'm complaining, there is a slight difference. Watch the video, you'll see the difference.

jerrytt
12-23-2012, 06:47 PM
1: Strategy. I have no idea what a startedgy is.
2: No, I'm not saying that at all, but that would be nice.
3: I'm not raging, I'm complaining, there is a slight difference. Watch the video, you'll see the difference.
1 stratedgy is what happens when you try to type with a phone
2 if you want to fight people with 80 pop armies then challenge your friends. when fighting random strangers and having rating at stake, be ruthless, and expect them to do the same.
3 pointless to argue something like this...

badplayer
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM
wow this is kind of familiar...where have i seen this before?

oh yeah, tecness -> idra

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
wow this is kind of familiar...where have i seen this before?

oh yeah, tecness -> idra
IDRA IS A GOD! Comparing me to Idra is insulting towards him!

Panki
12-23-2012, 09:25 PM
It's the truth, you're kind of "The God of Stick Empires".

MiamiBigAL
12-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Lol, this is the funniest thread I have ever seen. Just to add my two cents...here's a summary:

Tec's Ten Commandments:

(1) Thou shalt not attack defenseless miners.
(2) Thou shalt not rush.
(3) Thou shalt not use ninjas cause they are gahhh.
(4) Thou shalt not use albowtross cause they are overpowered shit man and should be taken out the game.
(5) Thou shalt not directly attack the statue you...you cheapo you....
(6) Thou shalt not complain about chaos cause if they nerf chaos anymore I am going to drop out of rank 100.
(7) Thou shalt not double post or I will banzor you.
(8) Thou shalt not make fun of me or I will banzor you.
(9) Thou shalt not beat me cause otherwise I will rage-kill you.
(10) Thou shalt RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAI YOU NOOBZOR!!!

Panki
12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Lol, this is the funniest thread I have ever seen. Just to add my two cents...here's a summary:

Tec's Ten Commandments:

(2) Thou shalt not rush.
(4) Thou shalt not use albowtross cause they are overpowered shit man and should be taken out the game.
(6) Thou shalt not complain about chaos cause if they nerf chaos anymore I am going to drop out of rank 100.

You......you deserve a medal.

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Tec's Ten Commandments:

(2) Thou shalt not rush.
1: No, by all means, attack defenseless miners. If there is a small army guarding them, attack the army.
2: By all means, rush, as long as this doesn't conflict with the first commandment.
3: By all means, use ninjas, just don't abuse the broken part of them, to your advantage.
4: Exactly! Wingadon's too.
5: If there is an army guarding the statue, then no, don't attack it.
6: Who knows, that may just be a possibility.
7: Well, that's not my rule, that's the rules of these forums, which you've broken on countless occasions.
8: I haven't banned you yet, have I?
9: Rage-kill. I want to see this.
10: AMEN BROTHA!

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Idk Tecness... hate is a pretty strong word. "I hate players like Daemon" I just hope you wouldn't hate me too much so i surrendered for you :(.

And are you being serious? You give strategy such a horrible name it's almost disgusting. No it is disgusting. I wish you were just a whiner but no, you're actually trying to preach strategy while thinking what you're saying is valid. Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters, etc. etc.

PEOPLE DON'T ATTACK THE ARMY IF THEY ARE AT THE OPPONENTS BASE. THEY KILL THE WORKERS. IF I WANTED TO ATTACK YOUR ARMY THEN I WUDNT GO TO YOUR BASE. -_-.

Oh and I am a huge Idra fan. People still try to cheese him but guess what, he learned to scout. You should too. Oh and get spine crawlers(castle archers) for defense maybe? Ya know, like Idra does since you seem to aspire to him.

IDRA IS A GOD! Comparing me to Idra is insulting towards him!

I'm not sure if you understood what badplayer meant. He meant you rage like Idra, not play like a strategical god like Idra. Just to clear things up for you :). But yes it is insulting if he meant you are on the same skill level as Idra.

P.S. I do respect the fact you make a lot of helpful posts for newcomers to read. And you do try and do a lot for the commuunity(discussing game mechanics n etc.), I do respect that aspect of you. But seriously, please learn what strategy really is and don't rage.

Panki
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Idk Tecness... hate is a pretty strong word. "I hate players like Daemon" I just hope you wouldn't hate me too much so i surrendered for you :(.

And are you being serious? You give strategy such a horrible name it's almost disgusting. No it is disgusting. I wish you were just a whiner but no, you're actually trying to preach strategy while thinking what you're saying is valid. Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters, etc. etc.

PEOPLE DON'T ATTACK THE ARMY IF THEY ARE AT THE OPPONENTS BASE. THEY KILL THE WORKERS. IF I WANTED TO ATTACK YOUR ARMY THEN I WUDNT GO TO YOUR BASE. -_-.

Oh and I am a huge Idra fan. People still try to cheese him but guess what, he learned to scout. You should too. Oh and get spine crawlers(castle archers) for defense maybe? Ya know, like Idra does since you seem to aspire to him.

Btw, Idra would probably think you are a noobzors.

Who the hell do you think you are? Idra's bitch?

And I was an Idra fan, up until the time I quit playing StarCraft because of my tight schedule.

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not even sure what you meant by me being Idra's bitch... Lol xD

Are you saying I'm giving Idra a bad name or....?

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
If what I said, was considered raging, than so would what you just posted in the majority of this thread. I don't quite understand what you meant by "Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters, etc. etc. " It seems you lost your train of thought.

And the next part, I have no idea what the hell you were even trying to say.

I never said I like Idra, just that he was a God compared to me.

Panki and demon, enough of whatever the hell you two are talking about among each-other.

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 10:35 PM
If what I said, was considered raging, than so would what you just posted in the majority of this thread. I don't quite understand what you meant by "Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters, etc. etc. " It seems you lost your train of thought.

And the next part, I have no idea what the hell you were even trying to say.

Here maybe this will be easier for you to read. I'll piece it together for you.

Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters etc. People don't attack the army if they are at the opponents base. They kill the workers. If I wanted to attack your army then I wouldn't go to your base(where you have the advatange).

And I am not raging. I'm not using words like hate or calling other people a "bitch"

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Here maybe this will be easier for you to read. I'll piece it together for you.

Since you are such an avid "strategy" fan you and I both know that in the competitive leagues such as MLG, Intel extreme Masters etc. People don't attack the army if they are at the opponents base. They kill the workers. If I wanted to attack your army then I wouldn't go to your base(where you have the advatange).

And I am not raging. I'm not using words like hate or calling other people a "bitch"
That depends on your tier of play. Bronze league? Sure! Completely go around their army, at their base, and attack the workers! Silver league and higher? Attack the army, then kill the base&workers at the same time. The exception to this, is cheese.

Bladed Fire
12-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Just lost to Albowtross rushers.

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 10:51 PM
That depends on your tier of play. Bronze league? Sure! Completely go around their army, at their base, and attack the workers! Silver league and higher? Attack the army, then kill the base&workers at the same time. The exception to this, is cheese.

Being in the top 10 on leaderboards... I am pretty sure I'm somewhere around the masters and grandmasters league(in starcraft terms). Last I checked doing a cheese means doing an early all-in where defended correctly the player doing the cheese would surely lose. And cheese is always countered by just doing some simple scouting. Cheesing does not get you into the top 10 or masters/grandmasters league in sc2.

So. What I did was not cheesing and I was playing strategy and you're strategy was simply not good enough. Can we stop this now since obviously you're too stubborn to understand what real strategy is. I really hate talking about strategy with you. Uh oh, I used the word hate. Looks like I'm starting to rage now.

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Being in the top 10 on leaderboards... I am pretty sure I'm somewhere around the masters and grandmasters league(in starcraft terms). Last I checked doing a cheese means doing an early all-in where defended correctly the player doing the cheese would surely lose. And cheese is always countered by just doing some simple scouting. Cheesing does not get you into the top 10 or masters/grandmasters league in sc2.

So. What I did was not cheesing and I was playing strategy and you're strategy was simply not good enough. Can we stop this now since obviously you're too stubborn to understand what real strategy is. I really hate talking about strategy with you. Uh oh, I used the word hate. Looks like I'm starting to rage now.
Sure, if Stick Empires had leagues like that, that's where you'd be. If you went into Starcraft 2 with the same play-style, you'd forever be, Bronze League.
Well, you checked wrong. Cheesing can be a lot of things, like massing DT's, Cloaked banshees at the worker line, 6-pooling, 7-pooling, 8-pooling, you get the point, 2 raxing, 50 gateway-ing, Massing queens, Cloaked nukes in the main.
Clearly, you've never seen Temp0 play. He got to masters in a single day, from Bronze, by doing nothing but cheese.
If you consider this talking strategy, then it is not I, who doesn't understand what strategy is.

OH, I get what you were saying with this part

I just assumed(Sue me) that it was a different part entirely.

xvdaemonicxv
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow. I still can't believe you're being serious here. I'm done.

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow. I still can't believe you're being serious here. I'm done.
Oh? So soon? Okay.