PDA

View Full Version : Stop putting me with 1800 rating players!

KrayZStick
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Stop putting me with experienced players, I'm kinda new and on a laptop with no mouse! They should seperate games into these genres:
2000-1800 Rating
1700-1500 Rating
1400-1300 Rating
1200-1000 Rating
Please put it like this so people can vs people that are their own lvl and experience!

Tecness2
12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Stop putting me with experienced players, I'm kinda new and on a laptop with no mouse! They should seperate games into these genres:
2000-1800 Rating
1700-1500 Rating
1400-1300 Rating
1200-1000 Rating
Please put it like this so people can vs people that are their own lvl and experience!
The match making is actually pretty advanced for a flash game. It may have degraded due to more people, but hey.
It's supposed to, with every minute(I think minute at least) increase the range of which you will be ranked. Thus, sometimes, CaptainCorps will have to wait 10+ minutes for a match. BUT, there is a flaw. If CC is say, 8 minutes into searching and he's around the 1500's, someone who searches now, in the 1500's (I THINK) will be instantly matched with CC.

KrayZStick
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Last time I played vs person same rating, 6 games ago.

uberman
12-26-2012, 05:12 PM
... someone who searches now, in the 1500's (I THINK) will be instantly matched with CC.

Funny you should say that, I was matched against CC! All be it on his crappy (*chough!*) order account.
It was a pleasure and an honour to see my butt handed to me with such casual easy :)

krainbow
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
i don't know whats wrong with a 1300 vs a 2100, it gives the 1300 player a chance to learn how to advance by copying and adapting their strategies
It normally isn't a problem for me as i only seem to get paired with someone of my rank (1400's) but i suppose that it would make it minorly eaiser to increase your rank
You are just VERY unlucky to have 6 consecutive battles without a battle with someone of your level.

fhtrg
07-25-2013, 07:54 PM
i don't know whats wrong with a 1300 vs a 2100, it gives the 1300 player a chance to learn how to advance by copying and adapting their strategies
It normally isn't a problem for me as i only seem to get paired with someone of my rank (1400's) but i suppose that it would make it minorly eaiser to increase your rank
You are just VERY unlucky to have 6 consecutive battles without a battle with someone of your level. lol you replied to a very old thread, but the reason is because them the 1300 person will lose rating making it not fair.

krainbow
07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
lol you replied to a very old thread, but the reason is because them the 1300 person will lose rating making it not fair.

But.. They will learn to use new strategies to improve.
That's how i improved. i lost, asked questions and tried different things which all helped me understand better.
Like with begginners for example, if you don't give them a tutorial or help they will fail. give them a tutorial and they will know the BASICS. Playing with the masters is very beneficial IMO.
But i do partly agree with you about the lesser players losing rating to someone they would never have been able to beat at their level, it's unfair and the loss of rating should be significantly lowered if you lose to someone at least 100 above your current rating

Maxchiang .
07-26-2013, 07:54 AM
But.. They will learn to use new strategies to improve.
That's how i improved. i lost, asked questions and tried different things which all helped me understand better.
Like with begginners for example, if you don't give them a tutorial or help they will fail. give them a tutorial and they will know the BASICS. Playing with the masters is very beneficial IMO.

OMG this is what im talking about :D! People who watch replays to learn new tactics! Krain, I totally agree with you; I got to my +2.1k ranking BECAUSE of that way! Idk why people don't share this opinion...

Cha05Walking
07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
yes, it can get annoying when you have to fight a bunch of 2k's or alts
ive had to fight people with the most ridiculous win streaks
45-0
36-2
41-1
etc
so i learned what i could from them
and made another account