PDA

View Full Version : Giant Rushing

Panki
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I decided to go back to Stick Empires for a while and my, oh my, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING GIANT RUSHERS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:?!?!?!?
There really needs to be something that can prevent this, or at least make it harder.

badplayer
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
mass giant is easy to beat...theres already threads about this anyway

Panki
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Not saying that it's hard to beat, but there are so many of them, but going against giant rushers again and again is boring.

PsychoticCheez
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Once you beat them consistently you should start playing against a higher tier of players who do not do this :)

uberman
12-23-2012, 10:53 PM
badplayer;
There are a few threads, but it can be hard for us new players to distinguish the good advice from the not-as-good. Most better players seem to kind of assume uits all been said and its all known technique, but a lot of us are pushing hard to get past the giant-rushers stage - and its not as easy for us as for you :)
Thats not to say your advice (strategy 1) is not great in the other thread, I appreciate greatly that post and any other posts you make on that topic.

Psyco;
Yes, its just tough for us noobie to get past them.
If we fight fire with fire (ie counter giants with giants) when we make it into bigger rankings we enter with no serious skills to hold our own against better players and sink back into giant-rusher region :(
Thats exactly what happened to me! My rating on both accounts is currently more than 100 points less than it was a while back, though I am a far better player. My original thinking was 'get giants faster than him' now its 'Oh yawn not another giant rusher'
I hope to learn enough non-giant skills to stay in the higher region on my next rise to power tho :)

Bladed Fire
12-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Stop talking about Giant Rushing now talk about Albowtross Rushing. Its annoying you know _Aiman_.

_Ai_
12-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Stop talking about Giant Rushing now talk about Albowtross Rushing. Its annoying you know _Aiman_.

Sorry. Ill stop

badplayer;
There are a few threads, but it can be hard for us new players to distinguish the good advice from the not-as-good. Most better players seem to kind of assume uits all been said and its all known technique, but a lot of us are pushing hard to get past the giant-rushers stage - and its not as easy for us as for you :)
Thats not to say your advice (strategy 1) is not great in the other thread, I appreciate greatly that post and any other posts you make on that topic.

Psyco;
If we fight fire with fire (ie counter giants with giants) when we make it into bigger rankings we enter with no serious skills to hold our own against better players and sink back into giant-rusher region :(
Thats exactly what happened to me! My rating on both accounts is currently more than 100 points less than it was a while back, though I am a far better player. My original thinking was 'get giants faster than him' now its 'Oh yawn not another giant rusher'
I hope to learn enough non-giant skills to stay in the higher region on my next rise to power tho :)

I agree on you so very much.

Bladed Fire
12-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Sorry. Ill stop
Now I know what's the feeling of Tec... Albowtross mass are the hardest to compete with!

_Ai_
12-24-2012, 03:00 AM
I know how to defeat my own strategy, but i dont want to tell. but ill tell you how to defeat albowtrosses
Spearton/Giant meatshield (i prefer spearton(at least 11), lots of archers, magikill.

MiamiBigAL
12-24-2012, 05:28 AM
You can kill fliers with a spearton/archer combination. If you position your spearton right the archers can't get hit.

Giant massing is a lot harder to deal with now that swordwraths suck ass. It's the switching out of giants which allows the giant masser to progressively increase his attack power and not lose any units.

I have sympathy for people trying to deal with high-level giant rushers. You can try adding a few albowtrosses around your own giants with flaming bolts, but in the end if the giants just constantly spawn, they become an absolute pain to deal with. You'll eventually want to rely on ghosts.

Bladed Fire
12-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Lol, easy to me with Giant Rushers now.

Bladed Fire
12-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Anyway, I need strategy against Albowtross, Spearton and Shadowrath massers to make a video to help newbies from
encountering them.Rushers no need because I had the strategy-be defensive.

badplayer
12-24-2012, 07:44 AM
albowtross is terrible against giants
spearton dies "moderately" against albowtross (after blazing bolts)
shadowrath mass is not even worth describing. just build a wall or 2 and at least a castle archer. also squishy under albowtross

DragonFrost
12-24-2012, 07:51 AM
lol shadowwrath mass sucks. someone tried that, and he got 1/20 of my statue hp before they all died (he had like 15). Spearton mass is ok... but it is quite weak against albow.
Albow mass... I sometimes do that, but i have a meat shield or two (giants)

Panki
12-24-2012, 09:26 AM
badplayer;

Psyco;
Basically what I'm arguing about.

I ran into ANOTHER giant rusher. But I screwed up and I lost. I just fell deeper into this hellhole!!!

uberman
12-24-2012, 10:34 PM
do u know what i hate the most? is when people complain about whats in the game like if u cant deal with giant rushing 9/10 times ur prob a noob mostly everyone whos above top 10 u dont hear them complaining about giant rushing. Giant rushing is actually good it teaches u to be creative if u cant beat giant rushes im srry but u suck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit to insert - we encountered each other on the field of battle. Your Order troops 'narrowly defeated' my chaos legions - it would have been different had I not got something in my eye at a critical moment :P
From our chat it is clear that you do not disrespect learners of the game, so I hope you can identify a chaos stratergy to defeat order giant massing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, for top players, like yourself and many other, giant rushes are not a problem.
Obviously for sub-1500 rating players they are a problem. Does a top player start playing and know the game straight away? Obviously not - everyone has to learn. So, with respect, if you could suggest one or two strategies, particularly for chaos to deal with order giant rushing, that would be how a real leader and a real expert would respond to the dificulties experienced by learners.

If you dis us that we suck, and so we leave the game and none of us develops skills to attempt to challenge the mighty, then the game dies.
Do you want to kill the game? - by dis'ing learners - obviously not!
or
grow the game by teaching learners? Obviously so!

No offence intended, but you can just give a few tips or pointers that we can develop - please - this would help reduce the success rate of giant massing against low rankers, and hence reduce the amount of people doing it and hence make more people play other strategies and hence improve the quality of players and the enjoyment of the game, ultimatly contributing to the quality of the game for all :)

Chaoticevil (chaos), Uberman (order)

Panki
12-25-2012, 12:21 AM
do u know what i hate the most? is when people complain about whats in the game like if u cant deal with giant rushing 9/10 times ur prob a noob mostly everyone whos above top 10 u dont hear them complaining about giant rushing. Giant rushing is actually good it teaches u to be creative if u cant beat giant rushes im srry but u suck
Look at the words above my avatar.

Bladed Fire
12-25-2012, 02:13 AM
a good way to counter this is juggers medusas and skeloton mages with 1 or 2 chaos giants. the skelotons for reaper to pull order ginats in medusa for any merics or just extra damage to order giants and juggers for sheild for u units and more damage ur welcome guys :P

Lol lots of word errors but thanks for the tips for Chaos.(I'm not Chaos)

uberman
12-25-2012, 02:48 AM
a good way to counter this is juggers medusas and skeloton mages with 1 or 2 chaos giants. the skelotons for reaper to pull order ginats in medusa for any merics or just extra damage to order giants and juggers for sheild for u units and more damage ur welcome guys :P

Thanks Capt'n.

Would you agree with my thinking that a medusa petrify would be better used on a giant than a meric, because a meric wouldnt heal as much damage as a petrify hit would cause. If you kill his giants, a few merics to mop up after would not be a problem - Or - would you say a meric will heal more damage over a period of time than petrify would cause, so its best to petrify the merics.

I'd be interested in your thinking about that, so we chaos-learners know how best to use our forces, assuming we got forces as you suggest.

Thanks for sharing.

Panki
12-25-2012, 07:47 AM

Thank you, I was getting chaos for a little Christmas gift and needed some strategies.