PDA

View Full Version : REBELLION Tryout

Xero
12-26-2012, 07:25 PM
FUCK THE RULES (http://xero-anims.deviantart.com/art/REBELLION-Tryout-344994756?ga_submit=10%3A1356581684)
Now Imma go die.

Obsidium
12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I liked the part where it ended. </3

Xero
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM

Don't be ghey obs
</3

Mental
12-26-2012, 07:33 PM
damn xero! hope you will get in! <3

Stickly
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
well shit. nice job, good luck

Shensurei
12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
It was okay.
I noticed a few things.

There was very little movement and actual fighting in between the immense amount of angles.
The movements(angled and 2-d) were a bit messy, kinda wobbly and with a pretty large amount of resizing.
Many of the FX were just alphas and tweens, only a handful of them were actual particles.
There were a few more things, but I don't really know how to word them. I'll think about it a bit more.

Basically, it just looks like you spammed a bunch of angles and tweens and didnt put a whole lot of effort into the animation itself.
But hey, that's just my opinion. I've only been animating for eight years, why should anyone listen to me?

Quik
12-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Aside from minor imperfections I am very impressed by this...
You've come a long way into animation and I'd say with this one you've outdone yourself...

I would say god luck getting in but that's bullshit, any not retarded person knows that spot is yours...

Drone
12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
sexy as usual
a little bit lacking in flow in some places
but still good man, enjoyed it :>

InfamousBonk
12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
amazing dude, just instead of fading the explosion, try doing particles frame by frame, it looks a lot better in the end :)

Manny93
12-26-2012, 08:15 PM
It was okay.
I noticed a few things.

There was very little movement and actual fighting in between the immense amount of angles.
The movements(angled and 2-d) were a bit messy, kinda wobbly and with a pretty large amount of resizing.
Many of the FX were just alphas and tweens, only a handful of them were actual particles.
There were a few more things, but I don't really know how to word them. I'll think about it a bit more.

Basically, it just looks like you spammed a bunch of angles and tweens and didnt put a whole lot of effort into the animation itself.
But hey, that's just my opinion. I've only been animating for eight years, why should anyone listen to me?

uh...while your cnc was generally accurate, i think it could've sounded less uppity.

anyway, this is honestly really awesome, but like shensurei said, there seemed to be a lack of actual fighting, but the angles were really great imo. it felt so fast-paced and it definitely got me pumped up.

acb
12-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Nope sorry, you don't get in, you're too good.
We like noobs better thanks...

balistiik
12-26-2012, 08:24 PM
so much tweens in this
@-@

GL getting in

Xero
12-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I like to animate from the viewers pov, lol.
It doesn't matter how it was animated, what matters is if it was entertaining.
I do want to aspire to up the quality in the future, for that, I'll give shen's CNC a go.

Mikematic
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Only thing that bothered me was those weird particle effects you did at some points. They just didn't mix right.
Other than that it was pretty swell.

Also this.

husy
12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
looks amazing good luck on the tryout :P
Still looks epic tho :P

Slicker
12-26-2012, 10:34 PM
haha what happen to virus and dubler, they went charging in xDD, good job xero. it was outstanding

Xero
12-26-2012, 11:02 PM
haha what happen to virus and dubler, they went charging in xDD, good job xero. it was outstanding

Virus and dubz were the back up (You see virus caught kino's arm at the end), Plate was the real attack, lol.

The way I intended it was this for those who are confused:

It's a tryout, so the clan members were testing Kino's skills rather than actually fighting him.

Duke was sent in to tackle his melee ability, who later drew back to switch to the next test.

MJ sent virus and Dubler as insurance that if Kino see's through the next test, they'll aid him (as they've done so by catching him on the bridge ledge).
Plate was testing Kino's reactions, sending a massive storm of sword flying his way, which also collapsed the bridge's center.

Kino's final test was his agility, hopping on the falling bridge pieces to maintain his altitude and get back on the bridge remnants; If he failed, he would fall into the river below, however successfully reaching the ledge of the bridge, Virus caught hold of Kino's arm, ensuring he doesn't fall back down.
The group gather at the ledge, v-cam closing in on MJ (the leader), as if he was saying "Welcome to Rebellion".

Rosie
12-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I like to animate from the viewers pov, lol.
It doesn't matter how it was animated, what matters is if it was entertaining.
I do want to aspire to up the quality in the future, for that, I'll give shen's CNC a go.

Here's the thing. Yes it does matter, that's one of the major things that matters, proabably the top priority, so quality doesn't matter?
That's the equivilent of saying a song is only good if it has ryming lyrics.
Just thought I'd point that out.

But whatever, you got in, congradulations, I guess.

Fordz
12-27-2012, 09:47 AM
You're not asking for CnC. Maybe your just showing it off (as what mentions in the sig), so I'll just say it's good.

View it if you want.

Background color and the background itself, it's not really... appealing. It looks 2D while your animation is in some kind of 3D, it just... I don't like it.
You also need work on your effects and particles. Weapon designs are pretty awesome. Your swift move (a fast quick move) should have a blur, not jagged brush.
You were lazy on smoke were you? lol. At least make 3-5 frames then do a lazy tween. Also, the smoke needs to be a bit... um... it needs fixing.
I liked your crack style, it reminds me of Hero 108 style. How your floor cracked when the bridge collapsed was, um, pretty straight .-.
Dubler's teleport also looked weird but he teleports how he wants lol. Pretty good work bro. A bit amazed.
It also intrigues me how your art and animation skills in flash differ...