PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Win This Battle?

StickWarrior14
12-27-2012, 08:35 PM
A guy massing 80 Swordwraths (Swordwraths have rage) versus a guy massing 40 Archidons. (Archidons have fire arrow) Note that this battle takes place for the middle. And none of the guys bought ghosts.

_Ai_
12-27-2012, 09:15 PM
A guy massing 80 Swordwraths (Swordwraths have rage) versus a guy massing 40 Archidons. (Archidons have fire arrow) Note that this battle takes place for the middle. And none of the guys bought ghosts.

Both can win .It depends on the situation.
Techs:
Archers:
Fire Arrow:
Longer Range

Sword:
Rage:
Makes Sword faster in every way

Situation1:
Map (Short)
Archers Win
Because if Castle Archer is researched, the archers will be safe but will still take some casualties if he continue to rush

Situation2:
Map (Long)
Sword Win
Use Rage and kill the archer until they are decimated

MiamiBigAL
12-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I think we should assume there is no castle archer, since he did not say so.

In a purely head to head battle, the swordwraths would easily win. You would only lose 6-7 swordwraths per volley, assuming perfect micro (you have to kill the swordwraths in each shot or they will just hide behind their healthy buddies). With rage, you will get maybe two volleys off before the swordwraths are upon you. So that means something like 66-68 swordwraths, enraged, against 40 archers. It would be a massacre.

asdfstick
12-27-2012, 10:09 PM
You can test it. After getting all the gold ( and about 650 mana) send the miners to their deaths and if any of the units are hurt by a miner, just garrison it until fully healed.

DragonFrost
12-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Lol that takes a while :D
P.s. I understand your curiosity, but it's not really practical, as no one would ever do that in a real match

asdfstick
12-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Lol that takes a while :D
P.s. I understand your curiosity, but it's not really practical, as no one would ever do that in a real match

I'm not really curios about it. About 6 shots would kill a swordwrath. So for 40 archers against 80 swords, probably 6-7 swords dead per volly.