PDA

View Full Version : New Strategy

DarknessLight
12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
It seems everyone has underestimated a single unit that wields immense power. I will tell you what this unit is, and how to use it.

I've been noticing many people who spam Giants and have Merics to back them up. I usually build an army of Speartons and rush pass the Giants and get to the statue while the Giants slowly stumble back, but some use Resilience. So how do you defeat this strategy? Do the same thing, and build Giants? No!

I have found the solution. In fact, I believe I have built the most time-conserving and effective army.

6 Spearton in shield wall
2 Merics
1 Giant Fully Grown
4 Albowtross with Flaming Bolts

And... your solution to the Giants

2 MAJIKILL

It seems everyone has disliked Majikill from the beginning. 1st, they're slow. 2nd, you actually have to BUY other effects. 3rd, they're costly on Mana.
But if you want to defeat the giants, Majikill are the answer.

I'll tell you how to properly utilize this army. Rush to the center as soon as you can usually with Spearton. This is CRUCIAL. Buy Tower Spawn and place the Spearton in shield wall. Also research Shield Bash for later on. Research all the Majikill abilities and buy a Majikill. Send him behind your Spearton shield wall. If you see any enemy units, use Shield Bash to stun the enemy and use Electric Wall to kill them. Okay, now buy 2 Albowtross and 1 single Meric. Make sure the Meric is on Hold Command. Get Blazing Bolts for the CrossBowers. Grow the Giant and send him to the middle once you have this army. Now buy 2 more Albowtross, 1 more Meric, and another Majikill. This will take time but the results are worth it. After this, buy Tower Spawn 2. SEND 4 of your miners to the enemy side to get them killed, as this lowers your population. Buy a few Spearton and keep them at your base for backup. Make sure your units stay BEHIND the shield wall.

After this, SLOWLY advance with your Spearton in front on Shield Wall, or LURE your opponent's army so you can defeat them.

Majikill are useless if you can't use them properly. Put them on Hold Command behind your Speartons, and use Electric Wall for the front line of enemy units. Poison the Giants if there are any. Alternate between wizards so you can do these constantly. Once your enemy is mostly wiped out, send your Majikill to the center and have your Spearton kill the Miners. Then retreat back to the center. After you're fully healed, attack the statue. It goes MUCH faster with Majikill.

Remember, there are 2 elements to Victory.

1. Early Attack

To do this build Miners early to get a strong economy

2. Strong Army

The units I just described are CRUCIAL. REPLACE THEM AS SOON AS THEY DIE.

Hope this works it worked amazingly for me.

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 05:27 PM
It seems everyone has underestimated a single unit that wields immense power. I will tell you what this unit is, and how to use it.

I've been noticing many people who spam Giants and have Merics to back them up. I usually build an army of Speartons and rush pass the Giants and get to the statue while the Giants slowly stumble back, but some use Resilience. So how do you defeat this strategy? Do the same thing, and build Giants? No!

I have found the solution. In fact, I believe I have built the most time-conserving and effective army.

2 Merics
1 Giant Fully Grown

2 MAJIKILL

It seems everyone has disliked Majikill from the beginning. 1st, they're slow. 2nd, you actually have to BUY other effects. 3rd, they're costly on Mana.

I'll tell you how to properly utilize this army. Rush to the center as soon as you can usually with Spearton. This is CRUCIAL. Buy Tower Spawn and place the Spearton in shield wall. Also research Shield Bash for later on. Research all the Majikill abilities and buy a Majikill. Send him behind your Spearton shield wall. If you see any enemy units, use Shield Bash to stun the enemy and use Electric Wall to kill them. Okay, now buy 2 Albowtross and 1 single Meric. Make sure the Meric is on Hold Command. Get Blazing Bolts for the CrossBowers. Grow the Giant and send him to the middle once you have this army. Now buy 2 more Albowtross, 1 more Meric, and another Majikill. This will take time but the results are worth it. After this, buy Tower Spawn 2. SEND 4 of your miners to the enemy side to get them killed, as this lowers your population. Buy a few Spearton and keep them at your base for backup. Make sure your units stay BEHIND the shield wall.

After this, SLOWLY advance with your Spearton in front on Shield Wall, or LURE your opponent's army so you can defeat them.

Majikill are useless if you can't use them properly. Put them on Hold Command behind your Speartons, and use Electric Wall for the front line of enemy units. Poison the Giants if there are any. Alternate between wizards so you can do these constantly. Once your enemy is mostly wiped out, send your Majikill to the center and have your Spearton kill the Miners. Then retreat back to the center. After you're fully healed, attack the statue. It goes MUCH faster with Majikill.

1. Early Attack

2. Strong Army

WOW. MAJIKILL?(Isn't it Magikill?)

KrayZStick
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
W00T!! SOMEONE WHO AGREES MAGIKILL IS AWESOME, AHAHAHAH!!!
Anyway, I use 3 Magikills.

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 05:45 PM
W00T!! SOMEONE WHO AGREES MAGIKILL IS AWESOME, AHAHAHAH!!!
Anyway, I use 3 Magikills.

I don't usually use Magikill(the enemy will sneak to my Magikill and kill him first) but Magikill is a great supporter for the whole army(I use 2 Giants, 4 Merics and 1 magikill to kill 5 Giants! I surprised the enemy!)

DarknessLight
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't usually use Magikill(the enemy will sneak to my Magikill and kill him first) but Magikill is a great supporter for the whole army(I use 2 Giants, 4 Merics and 1 magikill to kill 5 Giants! I surprised the enemy!)

That's why you use Speartons in a Shield Wall. Use Shield Bash to momentarily stun the enemy and then use the Magikill to kill them.

DarknessLight
12-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Is... that... really... all you can say?

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 06:00 PM
That's why you use Speartons in a Shield Wall. Use Shield Bash to momentarily stun the enemy and then use the Magikill to kill them.

Lol, Magikill is the official name for Magikill(of course) Don't you saw that the reaction of them is SOOOO slow that when they bash their shield the enemy had run past them(lol).

MiamiBigAL
12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I love the reasoning. Unfortunately this won't work in practice against a good opponent. Shield wall and bash unfortunately does not stop enemies from rushing and killing your magikill. You may stun them once, but then you have a long cool down before you can do it again.

Alternatively, they just stay out of range of electric wall and kill everything else (the other spells kinda suck against armored units).

3FFA
12-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I would just destroy this with my own strategy focused around Giants/Merics. The Merics would just heal the poison easily and the Giants would kill each Magikill in 1-2 shots. You'll get 1 shot off per magikill before it dies.

DarknessLight
12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I love the reasoning. Unfortunately this won't work in practice against a good opponent. Shield wall and bash unfortunately does not stop enemies from rushing and killing your magikill. You may stun them once, but then you have a long cool down before you can do it again.

Alternatively, they just stay out of range of electric wall and kill everything else (the other spells kinda suck against armored units).

You're not getting my point. I want the Magikill to stay out of reach from EVERYTHING. This has worked against opponents with 1900 ratings and more. I forgot to mention, after Shield Bash is used put your Speartons on attack mode. Giants are difficult to control and they will attack the Speartons no matter what. Try to keep your Majikill out of range.

I would just destroy this with my own strategy focused around Giants/Merics. I usually get around 10 Giants and 15 Merics so any attacks thrown at me will be wiped away easily. The Merics would just heal the poison easily and the Giants would kill each Magikill in 1-2 shots. You'll get 1 shot off per magikill before it dies.

Do I have to say it again? The Giants are difficult to control and will attack the armoured Speartons. The Magikill should stay back and get healed often. I can manuever several controls to defeat this strategy.

Lol, Magikill is the official name for Magikill(of course) Don't you saw that the reaction of them is SOOOO slow that when they bash their shield the enemy had run past them(lol).

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that. Did you just say my strategy was useless? Typing sarcasm is a bit difficult, I know.

3FFA
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I would just destroy this with my own strategy focused around Giants/Merics. The Merics would just heal the poison easily and the Giants would kill each Magikill in 1-2 shots. You'll get 1 shot off per magikill before it dies.
The above is what I said, don't edit my words to help you spread completely false information.

Giants are rather easy to control where as magikill are quite hard to control, especially when you are trying to micro your units in attacks while making more units back home. Also, Magikill's shorter range makes it hard to keep them safe. And if I sneak some archers in my mix of giants and merics, I can use archers to help snipe the Magikill. Also, Bladed Fire was pointing out that you spelt Magikill with a 'j' in the OP.

MiamiBigAL
12-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Lol, I can't believe he edited your words. Any respect has now just disappeared...

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Just win a match with 3 Giants , 1 magikill and 6 speartons to a 4 speartons, 2 giants opponent(note: he's favored) and castle archers. I didn't know that some of the favored suck.

3FFA
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah some of them do. One favored I faced wasn't even there. Another rushed me with purely Miners...

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah some of them do. One favored I faced wasn't even there. Another rushed me with purely Miners...

I rushed miners, swordwraths to the enemy's base to increase space.

DragonFrost
12-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Lol I never understand why people would use miners as offensive tool....

Bladed Fire
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Increase space. And miner have more health(when upgraded) and more attack now.

3FFA
12-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes but I mean he rushed me with them from the very beginning up until he died. I sent a couple spearton to his base, he didn't care, he just sent 1 miner out to kill him! :p

DragonFrost
12-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Nooo, I meant as OFFENSIVE TOOL. Not suicide for more space. I mean like actually massing miners and then attacking with them. Also, even with the hustle, they are inferior to 2 swords (which is miner's pop equivalent) although idk about 1 sword (no rage) vs 1 miner with hustle?

3FFA
12-29-2012, 09:35 AM
pop equivalent and cost equivalent(if miner doesn't mine of course)

DragonFrost
12-29-2012, 10:00 AM
pop equivalent is 1 miner: 2 swords. cost equivalent is 1 miner: 1 sword.

KrayZStick
12-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Units like Giants & Archidons (& maybe Albatrosses) can't shoot past the first target, they also can't shoot past the statue unless they are behind it.

DragonFrost
12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
yeah, i think all ranged units (except spell casters like magikill, medusa and marrowkai) cannot attack past an enemy unit in front.

3FFA
12-29-2012, 12:38 PM
pop equivalent is 1 miner: 2 swords. cost equivalent is 1 miner: 1 sword.

how so?

lntrepid
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I use Magikill as decoys sometimes, but it is a double edged sword.

I usually have them electric wall either the frontline troops or the miners, Fulminate their backfield or their massed swordswrath, and poison spray the giants and the backfield.

When they have many a giant out, I let my Speartons rush the statue and use my 2-3 Magikill as decoys, using Merics to keep the Magikill alive as long as possible. Because the enemy will focus on the Magikill, my Spearton army can rush the opposing statue and I will win.

I know what some of you are thinking. "Magikill are expensive, so you're an idiot."

Here are some reasons WHY I do this.

(1) Magikill (and Merics) are high value targets, like a Medic or Sniper in TF2. If you don't focus on it early on, you might end up losing due to it's damage/healing benefits. But if you do focus on it, it's potential protectors can damage you earlier and faster. The enemy will usually focus fire on your Magikill and Merics, causing a distraction. If they focus on the Magikill first, he will last longer due to the Merics. If they focus on the Merics first, the Magikill will last longer due to the Merics being attacked first.

(2) It's nearing endgame anyways, and your primary goal is statue damage output. You can lose most of your units as long as you win, which is the longterm goal of the game. So why not delay the opponent and rush their statue?

(2)

3FFA
12-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Not so if the power is enough to 1-hit-ko or 2-hit-ko the magikill.

Bladed Fire
12-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Nooo, I meant as OFFENSIVE TOOL. Not suicide for more space. I mean like actually massing miners and then attacking with them. Also, even with the hustle, they are inferior to 2 swords (which is miner's pop equivalent) although idk about 1 sword (no rage) vs 1 miner with hustle?

Lol, Idk.

DragonFrost
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
how so?

You see. 1 miner is 150 gold and 2 pop. 1 sword is 150 gold and 1 pop. Figure out the rest :D

KrayZStick
12-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Idk why you guys are talking about using miners as offensive units. Miners + Gold Mines & Statues = Win

Miners + Fighting (or should I call it suicide?) = What you think is strategy.

DragonFrost
12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Lol what I am trying to say :)
Also miners praying and mining don't always make you win (although they certainly need to do that to win (to have a chance of winning)

3FFA
12-29-2012, 08:13 PM
You see. 1 miner is 150 gold and 2 pop. 1 sword is 150 gold and 1 pop. Figure out the rest :D

You fail to calculate the mining a miner does. It adds up fast. 1 Miner can honestly be compared with 1 giant.

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Hmm I guess...

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 01:54 PM

2 Merics
1 Giant Fully Grown

2 MAJIKILL

1. Early Attack

2. Strong Army

This is a good strategy but unfortunately you lost all respect because you CHANGED someone's words.

Anyways, this only works on long maps and on short maps fighting against a mass of Giants is futile.

The above is what I said, don't edit my words to help you spread completely false information.

Giants are rather easy to control where as magikill are quite hard to control, especially when you are trying to micro your units in attacks while making more units back home. Also, Magikill's shorter range makes it hard to keep them safe. And if I sneak some archers in my mix of giants and merics, I can use archers to help snipe the Magikill. Also, Bladed Fire was pointing out that you spelt Magikill with a 'j' in the OP.

Actually this DOES work on a long map since the Giants will have to go a long time before going back to Garrison, and Giants can hardly fight off a rush on long maps.

pop equivalent is 1 miner: 2 swords. cost equivalent is 1 miner: 1 sword...

Okay then...

Lol, I can't believe he edited your words. Any respect has now just disappeared...

Anyone who lies about their rating shouldn't get any respect in the 1st place. He's 1288, not 1800 like he claimed.

Also, this strategy only works on long maps.

Just win a match with 3 Giants , 1 magikill and 6 speartons to a 4 speartons, 2 giants opponent(note: he's favored) and castle archers. I didn't know that some of the favored suck.

Well when you're just starting out wit 1200 and vsing an opponent with 1289 he's favored, doesn't mean he's good though.

I once went against 1864 person and he left his seat or something because all he had was 2 miners and they weren't even mining.

Well, I have tried 80 miners rush and they ACTUALLY can destroy a statue in 7 sec NO LIE.

Yes the miners take up population and you can kill them off to make more space for the rest of your units.

Units like Giants & Archidons (& maybe Albatrosses) can't shoot past the first target, they also can't shoot past the statue unless they are behind it.

Heh I'm 225 you registered just ahead of me.

yeah, i think all ranged units (except spell casters like magikill, medusa and marrowkai) cannot attack past an enemy unit in front.

? Actually if you're good at commanding you can get your units to focus on a single unit.

Lol, Idk.

Actually, A SwordWrath with or without rage is better than a miner. Strange, I thought pickaxes were good weapons

This forum has many flaws. I'll delete this message if it offends anyone.

Yes the miners take up population and you can kill them off to make more space for the rest of your units.

I agree.

The end game is crucial and you must use Giants backed by Swords to win it.

I suppose I have to agree with the 3 best players on Stick Empires.

Bladed Fire
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
This is a good strategy but unfortunately you lost all respect because you CHANGED someone's words.

Anyways, this only works on long maps and on short maps fighting against a mass of Giants is futile.

Actually this DOES work on a long map since the Giants will have to go a long time before going back to Garrison, and Giants can hardly fight off a rush on long maps.

Okay then...

Anyone who lies about their rating shouldn't get any respect in the 1st place. He's 1288, not 1800 like he claimed.

Well when you're just starting out wit 1200 and vsing an opponent with 1289 he's favored, doesn't mean he's good though.

I once went against 1864 person and he left his seat or something because all he had was 2 miners and they weren't even mining.

Well, I have tried 80 miners rush and they ACTUALLY can destroy a statue in 7 sec NO LIE.

? Actually if you're good at commanding you can get your units to focus on a single unit.

This forum has many flaws. I'll delete this message if it offends anyone.

Okay then...

I suppose I have to agree with the 3 best players on Stick Empires.

Whoa what is this? Nine posts altogether? Do you read the rules first while joining in? You're counted as multi post and spam like this.

Tecness2
12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Holy
Shit.
All right, all better.

malbence
12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Does that really justify spam, or is it just a big post that tries to cover the bases?

Tecness2
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Does that really justify spam, or is it just a big post that tries to cover the bases?
What do you mean?
He originally posted 8 times in a row. 2 times in a row is against the rules, but I normally let that slide. I just edited all his posts together into one post.

Also, the OP's strategy is...eh.

Bladed Fire
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I think I'm spamming too for repling his WHOLE things. Hope someone wont spam anymore.

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I see, that's why he was banned lol. Btw I didnt read the rules :( but i know enough not to spam, multi post, etc.

malbence
12-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh I see. So if I make a bunch of replies to different posts, but keep them in one post, it's not spam and it's alright?

Tecness2
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh I see. So if I make a bunch of replies to different posts, but keep them in one post, it's not spam and it's alright?
Correct, now, back on topic please.

malbence
12-30-2012, 06:39 PM
A big problem with his post is that he says to attack early, by making a lot of miners. But if you do that, then you'd have a full population by the time you make your entire army and at that point it becomes who can mass armies the best?

His army takes too long to build.

And while he has a magikill and a few spartans, the opponent may have trained a giant and more spartans. Since his army is a full population army I think it'd be smarter to create magikills last.

Of course I may be wrong, I haven't played the game in like a week since my laptop decided it doesn't want to load stickempires at all.

Bladed Fire
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I see you have banned him. Well, I suppose he was getting on everyone's nerves. It would seem, of course, that you have a sufficient, if not abundant, number of those.

Darkness light... triple post... Ok back to the topic!

malbence
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey see now 3 posts in a row, that's some spam right there.

Also don't edit people's words like you did with Tecness.

And your strategy is less than wonderful.

malbence
12-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Trololol once we call your bluff and prove that you're stupid you immediately start spamming, but you do it really badly. :P

Also your strategy still sucks.

Bladed Fire
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Well, hes a small kid that can't control his temper, that's all. It's not his problem.

3FFA
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM

Ahhum... maybe we should heed these words...

Triss
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Well, I use miners as offensive units.....if the enemy attack my base.

SolitaryFear
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM

If I posted on this comment twice would I be banned for double posting? Is posting twice on the same Thread considered double posting? Can I post on another Thread another time?

DragonFrost
12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Posting twice in a row on one thread is double posting (i think. Can someone send me link to rules? >.>). I haven't read the rules, but if you and another person had a long chat on a thread you could boost your post count by lots without being banned? Idk. LOL
oops sorry it's off topic :(

uberman
12-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Posting twice in a row on one thread is double posting (i think. Can someone send me link to rules? >.>). I haven't read the rules, but if you and another person had a long chat on a thread you could boost your post count by lots without being banned? Idk. LOL
oops sorry it's off topic :(

Yes, I'd like a glance at the rules too. I looked throught the FAQ - there are *hundreds* of links to hundreds of paragraphs. But I dont see anything which is obviously what is and is not allowed. I learned a bit more about BB code and stuff, but come on! Now, I have a good long attention span, but I m not ready to spend hours reading it all, and lets be honest who on Earth would? Most/all of it seems like generic forum stuff.

For example, on another forum I use, when replying you are expected NOT to pull replies from more than 1 poster into one post, unless they are closely related or pulled for comparison purposes.
Your supposed to insert a blank line above and below your inserted comments to make it easier to read and respond etc etc

We just need to know whats OK and whats not OK here - even a link in the FAQ to posting rules would do the job.

Tecness2
12-31-2012, 09:28 PM
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?34318-The-StickPage-Handbook
You're all joking when you say you can't find it, right?

uberman
12-31-2012, 09:58 PM

No, I was serious.

I didnt look for a handbook and I didnt look in that forum I guess :)

I mean, news and anouncements, come ON :)

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
You all are going to be VERY off topic, seriously.

DragonFrost
01-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Lol sorry.
P.s. I was serious too, tecness2 and thanks for telling us where the rules are :)

SolitaryFear
01-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, I'd like a glance at the rules too. I looked throught the FAQ - there are *hundreds* of links to hundreds of paragraphs. But I dont see anything which is obviously what is and is not allowed. I learned a bit more about BB code and stuff, but come on! Now, I have a good long attention span, but I m not ready to spend hours reading it all, and lets be honest who on Earth would? Most/all of it seems like generic forum stuff.

For example, on another forum I use, when replying you are expected NOT to pull replies from more than 1 poster into one post, unless they are closely related or pulled for comparison purposes.
Your supposed to insert a blank line above and below your inserted comments to make it easier to read and respond etc etc

We just need to know whats OK and whats not OK here - even a link in the FAQ to posting rules would do the job.

Honestly, I had no idea posting twice in 1 day could get you banned.

SolitaryFear
01-01-2013, 10:25 AM

How do you add the stuff under your name?

DragonFrost
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
signatures? Btw if you just learned that you're not supposed to double post, then WHY DID YOU DOUBLE POST lol.
P.s. lemme check, i'll tell you how to add signatures when i find out how lol
HOW TO ADD A SIGNATURE
1. Click Settings in the top right of the page. (first you gotta be logged in lol)
2. In the left hand side there is a list, search for something that says Edit Signature.
3. Write what you want.
4. Save settings (idk what it's called, maybe OK or Confirm?)

uberman
01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Honestly, I had no idea posting twice in 1 day could get you banned.

For your clarification, 'posting twice in 1 day' doesnt get you banned.

Its posting and posting again right after yourself like you did in post 56 and 57 which is not liked. Its called double posting.
If you post (say number 57) and another person posts (no. 58) its quite OK for you to post again number 59.
Doing double posting will get you a telling off, not a ban - unless you keep doing it. If you have a 'good reason' I think its OK - Tec is aparently the judge, and he said he generally lets it slide.

I think if you have two completly different things, such as a response to a question asked by another poster, and a new question on a different point, then it is OK to double post, but thats just my feeling on it, and I may be wrong.

3FFA
01-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Tec is a moderator. He is assigned to moderate the stick war forums. It is his job. He is not 'apparently the judge'.

SolitaryFear
01-01-2013, 11:27 AM
You all are going to be VERY off topic, seriously.

Do you get banned for that?

Because I just saw a cat run away from my neighbour. It was striped black and white cat... wait off topic right?

SolitaryFear
01-01-2013, 11:31 AM

2 Merics
1 Giant Fully Grown

2 MAJIKILL

1. Early Attack

2. Strong Army

What if they used Giants with Magikill?

DarknessLight
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
What if they used Giants with Magikill?

Double posting. Anyways, to answer your question, if they used Majikill with Giants... well then you're screwed.

And I am NOT you how did you get my friend number?

SolitaryFear
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM

In Stick War 1 I believe it was Majikill. Or some other imbecile like DarknessLight got it wrong and I ended up having this thought.

DarknessLight
01-05-2013, 08:00 AM
In Stick War 1 I believe it was Majikill. Or some other imbecile like DarknessLight got it wrong and I ended up having this thought.

You call me an imbecile... while you're banned LOL.

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 08:03 AM
:/ that's off topic darknesslight. AW MAN I'm off topic too. Wait, need to find something to say that is on topic.
ON TOPIC: I just read th OP and I would like to say... IDK how to use magikills. What do I do now :/

3FFA
01-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Join the club man, join the club :(.

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
LOL you dont either? I learned how just now. YOU CLICK A MAGIKILL! Then you click a spell. Then you click where you want him to use it :D

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 08:20 AM
WHAT MAGIKILLS DO EXTREME DAMAGE... 1 magikills could kill 100000000 archidons (if they didn't shoot him first)

FailingAtFailing
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
So, me and FR0ST tested this strategy against 2 things. Giant Spam and Albowtross spam.

Against Giant Spam, the giants can target key units such as magikill and merics. Magikill especially when they come forward to cast short-range spells. The speartons follow next, eventually you have (potentially) a giant, 1 or 2 albows and your back-up speartons. The enemy giant spam is gone though. So technically a victory, but a very close one too.

Against albow spam, if the enemy gets an albow ASAP, your spearton is screwed at the center. After that, tower spawn 1 and the albows harrass your miners screwing you over.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
i don't care WHAT you say, 6 speartons won't do crap against 8 giants, fully grown, the magikill do so little damage its laughable, and only 2 merics? Seriously?

Actually... you use the spells from the Magikill. In case you don't know how to use them, then I suggest you continue with your Giant spam strategy.

So, me and FR0ST tested this strategy against 2 things. Giant Spam and Albowtross spam.

Against Giant Spam, the giants can target key units such as magikill and merics. Magikill especially when they come forward to cast short-range spells. The speartons follow next, eventually you have (potentially) a giant, 1 or 2 albows and your back-up speartons. The enemy giant spam is gone though. So technically a victory, but a very close one too.

Against albow spam, if the enemy gets an albow ASAP, your spearton is screwed at the center. After that, tower spawn 1 and the albows harrass your miners screwing you over.

I didn't mean a SINGLE Spearton, I meant a few. I usually get around 14 miners ( I know it's a lot of population but you can sacrifice them at the end) and build Spearton once I get these. And if you only have 1 Allbowtross by then, I would send my Spearton to attack your miners. Allbowtross take a long time to load and they have low speed. Without ground units, there isn't much adequate defense against my Speartons.

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 01:34 PM
What do you mean? Me and failingAtFailin followed the strategy correctly. Btw, he means at the start, where you ONLY have 1 spearton to send to middle.
HOW ABOUT THIS. Use the strategy you posted against me, and i'll get my early albow again. ok?

FailingAtFailing
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Actually... you use the spells from the Magikill. In case you don't know how to use them, then I suggest you continue with your Giant spam strategy.

I didn't mean a SINGLE Spearton, I meant a few. I usually get around 14 miners ( I know it's a lot of population but you can sacrifice them at the end) and build Spearton once I get these. And if you only have 1 Allbowtross by then, I would send my Spearton to attack your miners. Allbowtross take a long time to load and they have low speed. Without ground units, there isn't much adequate defense against my Speartons.

Ummm, notice spearton is singular in the albow spam scenario. And he kinda did use the albow to kill miners.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
What do you mean? Me and failingAtFailin followed the strategy correctly. Btw, he means at the start, where you ONLY have 1 spearton to send to middle.
HOW ABOUT THIS. Use the strategy you posted against me, and i'll get my early albow again. ok?

Any SENSIBLE player would call back their Spearton once they saw the Allbowtross approaching, then he would either make Allbowtrosses himself or make Giants.

I have to agree with SolitaryFear, there are different strategies for different armies. My strategy is GENERAL, meaning it will win against 4/5 strategies. I might make a specific post against Allbow spam.

Tecness2
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Darkness, you do realize, that I can see your IP, as well as SolitaryFear's, right?
Please, stop being so annoying.
Also, he's only banned for a few more days.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Darkness, you do realize, that I can see your IP, as well as SolitaryFear's, right?
Please, stop being so annoying.
Also, he's only banned for a few more days.

Uh... off topic. But I presume you aren't going to ban yourself, right? And am I that annoying?

FailingAtFailing
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Any SENSIBLE player would call back their Spearton once they saw the Allbowtross approaching, then he would either make Allbowtrosses himself or make Giants.

I have to agree with SolitaryFear, there are different strategies for different armies. My strategy is GENERAL, meaning it will win against 4/5 strategies. I might make a specific post against Allbow spam.

I did call them back. Do I look like an idiot? The albows can just chase the spearton back to the castle where there are no anti-air defenses since you got a spearton ASAP, you have 50 gold plus some mana. AKA screwed.

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
DING DING DING! I'm not an idiot either and I chased him (didn't stop for capturing middle). From then on he was screwed :/

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I did call them back. Do I look like an idiot? The albows can just chase the spearton back to the castle where there are no anti-air defenses since you got a spearton ASAP, you have 50 gold plus some mana. AKA screwed.

I never mentioned anything about the beginning. Of course, praying for 50 mana and then buying a Spearton at the beginning is really quite stupid. I meant after you get around 7 miners, perhaps? I usually get a castle archer as it lives until your statue crumbles and you don't need to replace it. Plus it's adequate protection.

FailingAtFailing
01-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I never mentioned anything about the beginning. Of course, praying for 50 mana and then buying a Spearton at the beginning is really quite stupid. I meant after you get around 7 miners, perhaps? I usually get a castle archer as it lives until your statue crumbles and you don't need to replace it. Plus it's adequate protection.

Your strategy says rush to center ASAP because it is crucial.

Also, you are DarknessLight's alt account. You can tell from your wording. Have fun being banned again.

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 04:34 PM

Also, you are DarknessLight's alt account. You can tell from your wording. Have fun being banned again.

Yes, I know, and all the administrators know because I have the same IP address. I'm not trying to hide it.

Anyways, I'll edit that out when I get back and I'll say after you have a good enough economy. all right? Have enough money to buy support units just in case.

ShadowyWhisper
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM

Okay, change of wording. I requested my other accounts to be banned permanently so I can keep this account.

READ THIS!!!

Pressure the opponent in the beginning. If you see he has no defense ATTACK. If you can kill his defense ATTACK. Pressure him. If you lose the middle and cannot regain it, in essence, you have already lost. The only was you will win is if

Your opponent has rating below 1500

Left the game

Doesn't know how to build units.

Hope this helps :D

FailingAtFailing
01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Okay, change of wording. I requested my other accounts to be banned permanently so I can keep this account.
Your opponent has rating below 1500

I have a rating of around 1480......

DragonFrost
01-14-2013, 03:09 PM
I have an account with 1200 rating. Think I cant beat this strategy? :)

ShadowyWhisper
01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I have an account with 1200 rating. Think I cant beat this strategy? :)

Well, actually you are on the Top 100 so nice try lying.

3FFA
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
He didn't lie. He says he has an account. He didn't say which account it was, and he has multiple accounts, only one is on the top 100. So, nice try insulting fr0st by calling him a lier.

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
HEY WHAT? 2 of my accounts are in top 100, or at least the second one is ALMOST top 100. My third has 0 wins 0 losses, and 1200 rating :P I haven't told anyone his name and code.

ShadowyWhisper
01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
HEY WHAT? 2 of my accounts are in top 100, or at least the second one is ALMOST top 100. My third has 0 wins 0 losses, and 1200 rating :P I haven't told anyone his name and code.

Ah, I see another multi-accounter. And I, ShadowyWhisper, got banned on 4 of my accounts for doing this. Permanently. This current account has 9 wins 0 losses, as you can tell I am trying to get least loss record.

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
:/ making alternate accounts isn't illegal. You could use them to train against others without having fear of losing rating, and you can test stats with two accounts. It's illegal to have multiple accounts on the SP forums, though.

FailingAtFailing
01-15-2013, 06:46 PM
:/ making alternate accounts isn't illegal. You could use them to train against others without having fear of losing rating, and you can test stats with two accounts. It's illegal to have multiple accounts on the SP forums, though.

I don't think it's illegal, it's against the rules. If it was illegal, Shadowywhispers (or whatever we call him) would be arrested by now.

ShadowyWhisper
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't think it's illegal, it's against the rules. If it was illegal, Shadowywhispers (or whatever we call him) would be arrested by now.

Well, not against the rules. They're trying to prevent it by doing email confirmation but luckily I have 17 emails.

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Actually, using Magikill now is pointless with the new strategy I have.

DragonFrost
01-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Mass ninjas? ROFL

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 06:11 PM
No... I actually just win against the beginning game. It prevents and stops my opponent from:

A. Getting Gold

B. Getting Expensive Units

C. Getting Defense

D. Building More Miners

E. Building Any Units.

And what it DOES do is:

A. Let Me Win

B. Get My Opponent Pissed

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Why doesn't anyone read this anymore? Not working for ya?

jli
02-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Why doesn't anyone read this anymore? Not working for ya?

It works pretty well, the Magikill decimate everything quite nicely :)

I think people are just afraid of performing necromancy on quite an old thread for fear of Tec banning them?

_Ai_
02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
It works pretty well, the Magikill decimate everything quite nicely :)

I think people are just afraid of performing necromancy on quite an old thread for fear of Tec banning them?

Probably. The hammer hits hard.

ShadowyWhisper
02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Wait you get banned for posting on an old thread?

jli
02-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Dude, seriously, read some rules before you get banned AGAIN for something you didn't know about.

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?284-The-Official-Forum-Rules-Thread

ShadowyWhisper
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I never got banned on this account yet.