PDA

View Full Version : Questions about chaos giants

uberman
12-29-2012, 02:03 AM
I know chaos giants hit multiple enemies at once (and stun multiple enemies too) and I believe they also hit harder than order giants, which makes them very powerful against groups of smaller units such as speartons.

But I always think of them as weak against order giants as the order giants have range, and get shots in before you can close to strike, and again if you try flee from them, having closed to melee range. Closing with a chaos giant against order giant(s) can only be a fight to the death for the chaos, as he'd die fleeing if he tried - but the order giant can turn and run, taking only one hit as he turns and gets out of melee range - I believe.
However, this apparent weakness may not be the case if chaos giants do dameage to multiple giants once they manage to close with the order giants. Obviously the group of order giants could kite the chaos giant with the weaker member while stoning him with the others, but at least thats more of a 'fair fight' technique.

So my first question is; do chaos giants hit multiple targets when fighting other giants?

Second question; does anyone ever use (or is it viable to use) chaos giants to counter order giants?
- Obviously not just a full army of chaos giants :)
- if used in a mixed army, should they be used against his giants to try beat them down with their better DPS, or used to strike against his smaller units and as a meat shield to protect the medusa(s) and marrow(s) etc
- for example have a giant or two beating on the back of the order giant being pulled by reaper, so he'd protect the army from hurled rocks, while doing DPS.

Third question; how does chaos giant DPS compare to a similar resource count of DPS from, say, Juggerknights?
- population for population, 1 giant (7 population) vs 2.33 juggerknights (3 population each) , my guess giant wins easily against groups and probably vs giants as he's not stunned?
- (gold+mana) for (gold+mana) 1 giant (1500) vs 3 juggerknights (500 each), giant wins easily, as above?
- am I wrong here, or is it as it would appear that the role of the giant is meatshield not DPS

Thanks for any information, comments and/or suggestions.

Tecness2
12-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes
Yes
No idea.
1: While it will in fact still do splash damage, it will not always damage the ones you want to. It can do splash damage to all giants, or it could completely miss the giants, and do splash damage to the three guys behind them
2: Yeah, I do it all the time, get a juggerknight to tank a few shots at a time until your giant gets close enough to smack some enslaved giants around.

Bladed Fire
12-29-2012, 02:22 AM
I know chaos giants hit multiple enemies at once (and stun multiple enemies too) and I believe they also hit harder than order giants, which makes them very powerful against groups of smaller units such as speartons.

But I always think of them as weak against order giants as the order giants have range, and get shots in before you can close to strike, and again if you try flee from them, having closed to melee range. Closing with a chaos giant against order giant(s) can only be a fight to the death for the chaos, as he'd die fleeing if he tried - but the order giant can turn and run, taking only one hit as he turns and gets out of melee range - I believe.
However, this apparent weakness may not be the case if chaos giants do dameage to multiple giants once they manage to close with the order giants. Obviously the group of order giants could kite the chaos giant with the weaker member while stoning him with the others, but at least thats more of a 'fair fight' technique.

So my first question is; do chaos giants hit multiple targets when fighting other giants?

Second question; does anyone ever use (or is it viable to use) chaos giants to counter order giants?
- if used in a mixed army, should they be used against his giants to try beat them down with their better DPS, or used to strike against his smaller units and as a meat shield to protect the medusa(s) and marrow(s) etc
- for example have a giant or two beating on the back of the order giant being pulled by reaper, so he'd protect the army from hurled rocks, while doing DPS.

Third question; how does chaos giant DPS compare to a similar resource count of DPS from, say, Juggerknights?
- population for population, 1 giant (7 population) vs 2.33 juggerknights (3 population each) , my guess giant wins easily against groups and probably vs giants as he's not stunned?
- (gold+mana) for (gold+mana) 1 giant (1500) vs 3 juggerknights (500 each), giant wins easily, as above?
- am I wrong here, or is it as it would appear that the role of the giant is meatshield not DPS

First question: Chaos giant does AOE damage of three units(included giant)
Second question:Chaos giant should be the meat shield, that's all. You don't need to control the giants because they are hard to control.
Third question:Like 4-6juggerknights defeat a giant, And the giant DOES NOT win easily because Juggerknights does damage like the Shadowrath's second strike. As I said, Giant is a support(meatshield and army damage) to the whole army.

uberman
12-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the prompt responses Tec and Bladed Fire.

And the giant DOES NOT win easily because Juggerknights does damage like the Shadowrath's second strike.

I dont understand that part about the second strike....what second strike? what does the Jugger do thats like it? Are you talking about the charge?

3FFA
12-29-2012, 06:44 AM
He is talking about the damage, as he stated. This is what he meant:
The damage dealt by the Juggerknights each time is about as powerful as a Shadowrath's second strike.

Bladed Fire
12-29-2012, 07:10 AM
He is talking about the damage, as he stated. This is what he meant:
The damage dealt by the Juggerknights each time is about as powerful as a Shadowrath's second strike.

Thanks for clearing it and uberman, one common thing to say, giant can't stun giant.

MiamiBigAL
12-29-2012, 07:50 AM

Order giants are far superior to chaos giants. Whether in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc etc, the order will come out on top. It is about the only unit that Order has which is superior to the Chaos unit. One of the main reasons that has not already been mentioned is that order giants also fire faster than chaos giants. As long as you can avoid the multi-hit by spreading your giants out (which you can easily), Order giants wipe the floor of Chaos giants.

I'm all for making the end-game equal if the designers also make the beginning and mid-game equal. Right now, Order won't be able to get out a giant against a good chaos player.