PDA

View Full Version : The Two Elements To Victory

SolitaryFear
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not going to tell you what my exact strategy is, as I am still a player and don't reveal secrets. However, I will tell you the two KEY elements to victory.

Economy

Having a strong economy enables a player to have early attack while his/her opponent is still unprepared. A strong economy ALSO allows a player to build stronger units, and leads into my next point.

Army

Acquiring a strong army definitely does NOT have using only a single unit. A mix of several different units can destroy anything, believe me. I've been looking around the forum to see many people have problems with Giant spammers? I tell you again, using only 1 unit is futile if the opponent has the correct combination of units. Find several combinations, as a single combination doesn't always work. Against different units, different attackers will be needed.

For example: 15 Allbowtross

In this case, since Allbowtross have LOW health and slow speed, use Giants or simply get Speartons to rush past them to the statue.

Another example: 20 Spearton

In this case, I suppose the best thing to do would be to get Magikill behind a Shield Wall and get them to use Electric Wall. Spearton don't have any range.

Final example: 6 GIANTS

You COULD buy Giants similarly and win from a strong economy, but a true victory depends on BOTH elements. I will not tell you how to defeat this strategy, you have to find that out on your own. I will tell you, however, that there is a solution, and using 5 Giants against 5 Giants does not work.

SolitaryFear
12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
You COULD buy Giants similarly and win from a strong economy, but a true victory depends on BOTH elements.

But of course, I will admit that many of my wins were from lag forfeits :P

lntrepid
12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
The best way to defeat offensive giants is to build two miner walls, max out the archers (optional), and rush all your units to their statue. Your miner walls will hold the giants off for a bit, and you can rush their statue and wreck it before they can do anything. Make sure to sacrifice your miners to hold off the giants once the walls break.

Defensive is a tad bit harder. My advice is to take out the wall from afar by kiting Archidons (may be hard, and Albows are too slow), and then full out attack, by passing their giants and rushing the statue.

3FFA
12-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Or... just get around 14 speartons and rush through to their statue. Dead statue no problem. Should only take 3-4 casualties at most.(Of Speartons in the rush to the statue)

KrayZStick
12-29-2012, 05:17 PM
If they had 20 speartons, wouldn't they just rush past you?

3FFA
12-29-2012, 05:28 PM
If they had 20 speartons, wouldn't they just rush past you?

...Really? :/

malbence
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I believe if you're faced 5 giants to 5 giants (and for some reason that's all that there is) you can in fact win if the opponent lets the giants do whatever, because if you hit spacebar and have all the giants target one of the opponent's giants, then BAM! 5 giants to 4, although yours may have about 13/16 health left. Select them all and target another giant, and BAM! 5 giants to 3 giants, and your giants should have around 5/8 health left. Target another, and then it's 5 giants to 2 giants, and ultimately you can topple them! However if your opponent is smart s/he will start sending out other soldiers so make sure you're doing that too in case.

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 11:14 AM
...Really? :/

Well actually that's why you need a good economy.

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I believe if you're faced 5 giants to 5 giants (and for some reason that's all that there is) you can in fact win if the opponent lets the giants do whatever, because if you hit spacebar and have all the giants target one of the opponent's giants, then BAM! 5 giants to 4, although yours may have about 13/16 health left. Select them all and target another giant, and BAM! 5 giants to 3 giants, and your giants should have around 5/8 health left. Target another, and then it's 5 giants to 2 giants, and ultimately you can topple them! However if your opponent is smart s/he will start sending out other soldiers so make sure you're doing that too in case.

That's true. I added Command to my new thread.

3FFA
12-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Well actually that's why you need a good economy.

No idea what you are referring to. o.O

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 02:48 PM
No idea what you are referring to. o.O

Referring to KrazStick sorry clicked the wrong one.

3FFA
12-30-2012, 05:17 PM
then you are also referring to me. :P My post above his was saying the exact same thing, just with less Speartons. And an economy usually wouldn't help your opponent if he can't finish off the speartons before they get close to the statue.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Or... just get around 14 speartons and rush through to their statue. Dead statue no problem. Should only take 3-4 casualties at most.(Of Speartons in the rush to the statue)

Lol I was testing 20 Spearton rush and I found my enemy had 20 Spearton as well when I got to his statue. He started to attack my Spearton then realized it was futile then ran to my statue, but it didn't work. Best thing to do against rushes is have an early attack, as it takes long time to load.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
then you are also referring to me. :P My post above his was saying the exact same thing, just with less Speartons. And an economy usually wouldn't help your opponent if he can't finish off the speartons before they get close to the statue.

And no, I actually found out how you can turn gold into fighting units.