PDA

View Full Version : I Will Try Your Ideas Online!

3FFA
12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
NOTE: I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE CHAOS STRATEGIES POSTED HERE AS THIS WAS POSTED IN THE ORDER STRATEGY SECTION BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO CHAOS!
/Note

I've still got a lot of free winter vacation time and other bits of free time to spend and lately I've been quite bored, so I started doing really stupid stuff on empires, with mixed results. Then it dawned on me that if other people have weird/unorthodox/maybe stupid ideas, why not try it out online?

So give me your best/stupid strategies, and I will try to plow through Empires using ONLY those strats, and then post up the results how that particular strategy worked out. It's better than just pure theorycrafting, and when replays are available, replays will be posted, so go nuts.

All the games, except noted, will be played on LADDER Empires, with this profile. Other wins/loses are ones that I couldn't finish because I either 1) defeated them before, or 2) got defeated before using it. So yeah, here's to screwing up my record! :D I wanna see how far I can get by just using these strats, ahahaha

Note: It is unlikely that I will get to play out each and every strategy posted.

Projects:

Finished

Get 40 Miners and mine the opponent's gold mines.

First Impression: Doubt I'll make it to 40 miners, even with maxed out castle archers and miner walls etc.

Result: Won by opponent lagging out of the game. Got real lucky considering I was getting overwhelmed by a rush of speartons.

Keep at least 1/5th of your army composed of pure Magikill.

[B]Note: An idea proposed to myself by myself.

First Impression: This will be really hard to do. The Magikill will require a lot of micro, and I'm not too good at using them to begin with. Will be really funny if this works.

Result: Sadly I can't micro the Magikill well enough. I got the abilities, but I couldn't find a way to get more than 2 Magikill without losing one anyways. Also, the fact that it is just recharged abilities instead of abilities cast by mana or unit energy(like in Star Craft) may be part of why I have such trouble using them. I can't always predict when/if I'll be able to use a fireball again or if I'll even need one when I can use it.

Spam Merics

Note: I won't spam until I get through the early attacks and have 7 or more miners.

First Impression: This may actually work but I question how well I will be able to handle mass speartons.

Result: did 1 Swordwrath w/ Meric support into 1 Spearton 1 sword w/ Meric support into 1 Spear 1 Sword 1 Giant w/ Meric support xD. Thankfully the opponent got scared once he saw a meric come out and then get sent to the garrison. Probably thought there was giants or something, judging from how he then had 3 castle archers and a miner wall with only 5 miners and 3 archidon when I attacked with my swordwrath w/ Meric support.

[U]TO DO LIST:

Play a game with your screen upside down (control- alt- down arrow)

Note: I will try this on 3 computers, if it fails to work on the computer, it will be left here to be done in the future. One day.

First Impression: This will be so much fun! :D

how about a sword spam?

First Impression: This will be hilarious if it works. Let's hope I can win with this. Might add a couple Archidons to take out miner walls

try mass albows.

First Impression: I will love this. Time to type "You can't touch this!" :P If this doesn't work, I will blame FR0ST :D

o.o

KrayZStick
12-29-2012, 02:06 PM
uhhh, meric spam?

lntrepid
12-29-2012, 03:51 PM
MINER MASSING!

Get 40 miners, and try to mine their gold mines.

3FFA
12-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Just tried it. I couldn't get to 40 Miners but my opponent lagged out so I still won lol.

malbence
12-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Try playing totally defensive; don't even head for the tower, just sit around and build up a huge army and only make an offensive at the end.

See how well that works out. :P

Panki
12-29-2012, 04:51 PM
It doesn't work on some computers so if that doesn't work then only attack with ninjas, which was a request from my brother.

badplayer
12-29-2012, 05:52 PM
try doing the boss rush on small maps every time

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?47778-Less-Common-Strategies&p=828916#post828916

how to tell if small:
tower is visible or barely out of visibility

3FFA
12-30-2012, 09:21 AM
yeah... no.

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Exactly. Don't even try it...
P.s. mass ninja is theoretically pretty good, you could easily beat them without albows. Just camp at your base (lol) mass mages and a few archidons (plus a decent attack force when you retaliate) behind two walls, resilience, three castle archers, etc,

Jombloxx
12-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Play with closed eyes XD

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 09:26 AM
>.> I have though of that, it how do you play? You can only play by sounds, and how would you know if you even selected your miners to mine XD
Oh also you don't know which side f the battlefield, messing you up. Same with the map size, so it would be difficult to stand at middle. Also you wouldnt know if the enemy is attacking. Basically, you lose :)

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Spam Merics

Note: I won't spam until I get through the early attacks and have 7 or more miners.

First Impression: This may actually work but I question how well I will be able to handle mass speartons.

I have actually spammed Merics who healed a single SwordWrath against 13 Speartons and he lasted about 4 seconds. That's actually pretty good considering the opponent's he was up to. The Merics lasted about 2 minutes.

SolitaryFear
12-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Just tried it. I couldn't get to 40 Miners but my opponent lagged out so I still won lol.

Actually I sometimes mine on my opponent's mine to gain population from him killing my Miners.

jerrytt
12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
how about a sword spam?

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
How bout meric mass :D Get half to attack other half to heal XD

Bladed Fire
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Darkness Light, keep your temper down, thank you.

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Well lol this post is inrevellant now, the posts gone :)

3FFA
12-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Leave for a while, miss all the action :[

DragonFrost
12-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Yep. Bad timing. BTW on topic try mass albows, and another one is get one ninja at a one time, get both upgrades, assassinate until forfeit or your ninja dies (btw retreat after cloak attack and attack after cool down is done). If he dies then get 1 more. Continue until he forfeits due to anger and no miners lol

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Yep. Bad timing. BTW on topic try mass albows, and another one is get one ninja at a one time, get both upgrades, assassinate until forfeit or your ninja dies (btw retreat after cloak attack and attack after cool down is done). If he dies then get 1 more. Continue until he forfeits due to anger and no miners lol

I actually fought someone who used mass flying crossbowmen. I was defending the center tower while amassing a larger army. I got swarmed by atleast 12 crossbowmen. I was forced to retreat because I only had 2 archers, a giant and some swordwrath and speartons. Eventually, I lost.

On-topic: maybe try 12 speartons in a wall with 3 merics healing them. The rest of your army is archers. Take the center tower and inch your army forward. Build miner walls to retreat behind if needed and get the tower spawn.

DragonFrost
12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
that works, theoretically. Wanna try? :)

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 06:17 PM
that works, theoretically. Wanna try? :)

Sure, my ingame username is FailingAtFailin and my number is 828

DragonFrost
12-31-2012, 06:41 PM
k. I just got dc though. Gotta load the game again >.> My user is FR0ST and my number is 937. You wanna be 12 albows or the defender?

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Results of Defence Against Albowtross Spam

Only testing final result of battle
12 albowtrosses
Blazing Bolts

Costs:
5800 gold
2400 mana
48 population

Defence 1
6 speartons
6 archidons

Speartons in shield wall mode
Archers using fire arrows to target albowtrosses

Costs:
4900 gold
500 mana
30 population

Result:
Albowtrosses can fly over speartons, directly on top of archidons so speartons cannot block shots. Archidons shot and killed quickly. Speartons finished off.

Albowtrosses WIN

Defence 2
6 fully upgraded Order giants

Order Giants attack albowtrosses and retreat when health drops

Costs:
9200 gold
250 mana
42 population

Result: Giants stun about half of the albowtrosses, preventing them from attacking by keeping them in stun lock. The stunned albowtrosses are killed quickly, with the others following.

Order Giants WIN

More testing will be done with other unit combos

3FFA
01-01-2013, 07:50 AM
That was the last thing I expected O.O

DragonFrost
01-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Eh why? P.s. Those tests were done by failingatfailin and me
P.s. maybe 12 archidons and 8 speartons (I got those numbers from pop conparision with albow) would be enough? Although I do doubt that :)

SolitaryFear
01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I've still got a lot of free winter vacation time and other bits of free time to spend and lately I've been quite bored, so I started doing really stupid stuff on empires, with mixed results. Then it dawned on me that if other people have weird/unorthodox/maybe stupid ideas, why not try it out online?

So give me your best/stupid strategies, and I will try to plow through Empires using ONLY those strats, and then post up the results how that particular strategy worked out. It's better than just pure theorycrafting, and when replays are available, replays will be posted, so go nuts.

All the games, except noted, will be played on LADDER Empires, with this profile. Other wins/loses are ones that I couldn't finish because I either 1) defeated them before, or 2) got defeated before using it. So yeah, here's to screwing up my record! :D I wanna see how far I can get by just using these strats, ahahaha

Note: It is unlikely that I will get to play out each and every strategy posted.

Projects:

Finished

Get 40 Miners and mine the opponent's gold mines.

First Impression: Doubt I'll make it to 40 miners, even with maxed out castle archers and miner walls etc.

Result: Won by opponent lagging out of the game. Got real lucky considering I was getting overwhelmed by a rush of speartons.

TO DO LIST:

Keep at least 1/5th of your army composed of pure Magikill.

Note: An idea proposed to myself by myself.

First Impression: This will be really hard to do. The Magikill will require a lot of micro, and I'm not too good at using them to begin with. Will be really funny if this works.

Spam Merics

Note: I will try this on 3 computers, if it fails to work on the computer, it will be left here to be done in the future. One day.

First Impression: This will be so much fun! :D

Try using 4, no more than 4 Ninjas with cloak ability against Giants. It should work because Giants can't hit them while they're at it.

3FFA
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Was quoting the OP really necessary? >.>

lntrepid
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Magikill explosions can wipe out an albow/archidon army in seconds. Just make sure you got ameat shield and Fulminate them all to the floor.

jerrytt
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM
build 3 miners and get a castle archer in the begining. get a couple of swords and research rage. get about 12 swords then rush their miners
wanna know if this works.

DragonFrost
01-01-2013, 07:37 PM
.. if they get castle archer your guys are dead XD (although you might kill 1-2 miners)

3FFA
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
build 3 miners and get a castle archer in the begining. get a couple of swords and research rage. get about 12 swords then rush their miners
wanna know if this works.

I've already killed this 'strat'. Easily countered by Speartons as well as many other types of units.

DiPi
01-02-2013, 04:03 PM
hey man, I tried one of yours (the mass albows)

it worked damn well: nobody could take the tower and all the giants died under the arrows
I think it's one of the strongest armies ever made :3

jerrytt
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
stratedgy. a spearton rush on an experienced person

get 3 rows iof speartons. send the first row to destroy the enemys miner walls and then when they are destroyed, kill the statue.

KingSparta
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Best army includes.......................................... ...check out my new page to see

DragonFrost
01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
WTF 3ffa why are you blaming me if mass albows fails >.> p.s. dipi I use mass albows a lot, although I always get 1-2 giant meat shields. Rest are albows. PWNs, because much more damage then 7 giants lol

FailingAtFailing
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Mother of God....

Soon Giant rush may be replaced with albowtross rush.

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Sigh only problem is, if you get albows first, then a giant, if the person gets giants (before you get yours) consider yourself FUCKED (that's what happened to me, I had center, superior army to enemy (I had like 3 albows, he had 1 archidon and 2 speartons), ghost, etc. THEN HE GOT A GIANT! I lost...)
Though definitely if the enemy is a turtle giant masser, they lose :) but if they're offense giant masser (rare) than you are probably screwed...

DiPi
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM
there is a strategy with albows

when you have the tower, you can put the albows near the 2nd line of the enemy gold (at a distance they can't be hit from castle archers), so that, if the enemy is trying to make giants, when your ghost spearton comes out, you use him to keep the castle archers away from the albows while they attack all the enemy units and, when your ghost die, you put them back near the 2nd enemy gold line: if the miners try to get more gold for giants, you shoot them dead
also, if they are in a point in which they have already 1 giant, make two spartans and attack him: albows with flamed arrows do a shitload of damage and, even if you lose some, it will take time for your enemy to get the life his giant lost, thus leaving his miners without protection (this is if you have the tower, otherwise you're fucked)
I won 30 times with this strategy and lost 3-4: it's way better for me than massing giants and also forces enemies to work on their defenses more than preparing to get the tower (also incredibly good against speartons massing (you need some micro-management skills and miner walls (+ castle archers) to stop them))
the only problem is that it works only if you're in the offensive

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I did that... Btw by the time I got the ghost spearton he already had a giant XD also the Ian's can throw past the speartons and attack the albows..

DiPi
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I did that... Btw by the time I got the ghost spearton he already had a giant XD also the Ian's can throw past the speartons and attack the albows..

then use the speartons to attack his miners
in this way you get a win however he acts :3

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 11:59 AM
:O he has hustle on them, I guarantee his miners can escape from speartons without casualties.

DiPi
01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
:O he has hustle on them, I guarantee his miners can escape from speartons without casualties.

but you distract them
he can act only in two ways
-he uses the giant to attack your speartons / you can attack him with your albows and do a lot of damage (without counting ghost spawn)
-he attacks the albows and there are no miners around / the best thing here is to make "retreat/attack" moves with your albows while your speartons attack him
he cannot let the speartons attack him if he can't hit anything else, so when you retreat with your albows he will attack them: but then you come back with the albows and he'll try to attack them again
and you know what's the good point? while he is trying to understand what to do, his economy doesn't grow, since he's too occupied to fight against you forces, while your resources go up
also, with all the "attack/retreat" you do, you inflict damage, thus turning the tables on your favour

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
:/ sorry didn't understand that XD but I don't think that's how it was going. He had a castle archer, also once he pwned all my albows (btw somehow he had two giants really quickly) so I retreated. Once i got a small army, I attacked, he had 4 giants and a meric, plus his old speartons and stuff...

DiPi
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
:/ sorry didn't understand that XD but I don't think that's how it was going. He had a castle archer, also once he pwned all my albows (btw somehow he had two giants really quickly) so I retreated. Once i got a small army, I attacked, he had 4 giants and a meric, plus his old speartons and stuff...

let me guess, you didn't try to disturb him in the initial stages, right?
against giant masser, you must always try and keep pressure on them, otherwise you're surely gonna lose
instead, by not giving him the chance to get giants quickly, you can overpower him even with non-giants troops

jerrytt
01-03-2013, 12:18 PM
what happens if the giant masser gets walls and castle archers really quickly?

SolitaryFear
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
but you distract them
he can act only in two ways
-he uses the giant to attack your speartons / you can attack him with your albows and do a lot of damage (without counting ghost spawn)
-he attacks the albows and there are no miners around / the best thing here is to make "retreat/attack" moves with your albows while your speartons attack him
he cannot let the speartons attack him if he can't hit anything else, so when you retreat with your albows he will attack them: but then you come back with the albows and he'll try to attack them again
and you know what's the good point? while he is trying to understand what to do, his economy doesn't grow, since he's too occupied to fight against you forces, while your resources go up
also, with all the "attack/retreat" you do, you inflict damage, thus turning the tables on your favour

From the UK? Anyways, the Giant could easily walk past the Speartons and still attack your Allbowtrosses. Dead in a matter of seconds. Personally, what I do in the case of Giant spammers is get around 20 Spearton with 2 healers and 1 Magikill, with Spearton in Garrison so he doesn't notice them. I then use the Magikill to limit the numbers while my Spearton rush past them, and since he has no other fast units his statue crumbles. Works only on long maps BEWARE!

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 06:20 PM
let me guess, you didn't try to disturb him in the initial stages, right?
against giant masser, you must always try and keep pressure on them, otherwise you're surely gonna lose
instead, by not giving him the chance to get giants quickly, you can overpower him even with non-giants troops

I tried.. but he somehow had better offense power at the start... LOL

SolitaryFear
01-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I love cookies :D

Panki
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tec smashed the shit out of you with his ban hammer.

Zed
01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Tec? Who the fuck is Tec? This banhammer is wielded by Lord Zed, leveller of galaxies. Kneel.

DragonFrost
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi! Please don't ban me for talking to you :/ btw Tec is our resident Stick Empires mod lol. He likes to ban people he dislikes (people like CaptainCorps) and favors people who insult CaptainCorps. LOL (p.s. Tec please don't be mad :/ just being honest)
NOW YOU MUST TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!

Tecness2
01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Tec? Who the fuck is Tec? This banhammer is wielded by Lord Zed, leveller of galaxies. Kneel.
Lord Zed, welcome!
Not to...doubt you, but you just banned him for a week for "I like cookies"

Panki
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM

*kneels and starts waving fan*

3FFA
01-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Lord Zed, welcome!
Not to...doubt you, but you just banned him for a week for "I like cookies"

He is a repeat 'offender'(for lack of a better word) and has been throwing topics off topic with talking between himself and other members about reasons he got banned and/or could get banned, repeatedly quotes whole OPs instead of just saying @OP @First Post etc. Personally, I think he might deserve it, as does Cap, but I may be biased there.

DarknessLight
01-05-2013, 07:57 AM
He is a repeat 'offender'(for lack of a better word) and has been throwing topics off topic with talking between himself and other members about reasons he got banned and/or could get banned, repeatedly quotes whole OPs instead of just saying @OP @First Post etc. Personally, I think he might deserve it, as does Cap, but I may be biased there.

Is saying "I like cookies" really that bad? I actually think I'm going to get banned after saying this so... time for a new account!

:D

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Huh? Who got banned? I just came on today and I see talk about banning people...

DarknessLight
01-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Huh? Who got banned? I just came on today and I see talk about banning people...

SolitaryFear, our local ah, troublemaker. It would seem the moment he gets on a ban takes place.

Perhaps the same situation with me, no?

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Well you got banned by Tec. He is too nice. You only got like 24 hours ban or something, right? I fear solitaryfear might be perma banned (cuz I don't know anything about Zed). Btw on topic, try 1 spearton and mass Merics mwuahhahahah

3FFA
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Actually already did 1 Swordwrath w/ Meric support into 1 Spearton 1 sword w/ Meric support into 1 Spear 1 Sword 1 Giant w/ Meric support xD. Won. Should probably update the OP but I'm too lazy to do it just yet...

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
ME TOO! Although i mean updating clan. :/ i dont think clans will live thx to ThatGuy.

jerrytt
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Well you got banned by Tec. He is too nice. You only got like 24 hours ban or something, right? I fear solitaryfear might be perma banned (cuz I don't know anything about Zed). Btw on topic, try 1 spearton and mass Merics mwuahhahahah

You do know that solitary fear and darkness light are the same person right...

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 04:44 PM
:O nope. Why didn't anyone tell me lol

3FFA
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
He told you in his sigs like 10+ times o.O

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
WHATTTTT!!! But I read somewhere that darknesslight said he wasn't solitaryfear :/

The_Stick
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
LOL try mass crawlers... trololol

DragonFrost
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
:/ I don't have chaos, although mass crawlers sounds OP lol

Panki
01-05-2013, 07:32 PM
WHATTTTT!!! But I read somewhere that darknesslight said he wasn't solitaryfear :/

....and you believed it? smh

MASSING crawlers.would maul all units except giants and flying units.

jerrytt
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
walls and castle archer? or 2 stacked walls and 1 magikill
or just one magikill and fulminate. BOOM. dead.

Panki
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd rather mass bombers and crawlers.

jerrytt
01-05-2013, 08:24 PM
just have magikill aim the fulminate at the rapidly incoming bombers lol. If I could do it in campaign it must work lol

3FFA
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Added a personal warning. Please post about Chaos strategies in the Chaos section, or even better, make your own Chaos copy of this thread. I won't feel insulted or anything.

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Tec? Who the fuck is Tec? This banhammer is wielded by Lord Zed, leveler of galaxies. Kneel.

I thought "lord" was used on men. You clearly are not one, according to your makeup and long hair. And anime addiction. Heh some Asian nerds like you should have something better to do.

I know I'm just asking for a ban but is a WEEK ban really necessary? And your picture and name are simply ridiculous.

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM
:/ it's not very smart to insult higher rankings.. Btw you deserve 10000 years of ban for being racist.

Panki
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM
^^^^^This

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
YEAH! Can I beat up darknesslight :/

FailingAtFailing
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
YEAH! Can I beat up darknesslight :/

I think it would be more entertaining if I did it

*points at profile picture*

DragonFrost
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
:O definitely!

LonelySolitude
01-07-2013, 07:40 PM
:/ it's not very smart to insult higher rankings.. Btw you deserve 10000 years of ban for being racist.

Yeah that's actually why she got banned :/

Tecness2
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah that's actually why she got banned :/
No, I banned you.
You're starting to annoy me with all your randomly useless posts on every goddamn topic & all your double/triple posts.
Now, back ontopic.
Make an army completely out of miners!

DragonFrost
01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
...TEC even though that is on topic... He's already done that XD. Btw maybe 1 miner, 1 sword, etc. so 1 of every unit :P with all upgrades. Ay leftover pop goes to giants :D

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
No, I banned you.
You're starting to annoy me with all your randomly useless posts on every goddamn topic & all your double/triple posts.
Now, back ontopic.
Make an army completely out of miners!

:O

You banned her? And plus DarknessLight did make some comments on topic, I would like to point out. This is my last account I SWEAR I will not make anymore and plus I didn't double post...

Anyways, back on topic, an army completely made out of miners could be destroyed by a single Allbowtross, just like to point that out.

FailingAtFailing
01-08-2013, 02:05 PM
See if you can get a pure swordwrath army of maybe 42 swordwrath. Have them rush the statue with rage. See if it works and can destroy a statue.

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 04:36 PM
See if you can get a pure swordwrath army of maybe 42 swordwrath. Have them rush the statue with rage. See if it works and can destroy a statue.

Yes... SolitaryFear mentioned that but it doesn't work... and plus you can get 80 SwordWrath if you sacrifice all miners.