PDA

View Full Version : So many giant spammers

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
I find that everyone around the 1300 ratings is a giant spammer. I just try to play the game with some fun, with cool big, varied armies. I've tried a few strategies to combat spammers but they only delay them for a short while. I've tried shadowrath to cripple their economy, archer spam, speartons and swordwrath with rage. They always seem to be able to come back with more giants. At the end of the game they always seem to have about the same economy as me, yet they seem to have so much more gold.

I think that giants should be made less spammable by increasing the amount of population they require from 7 to 15 or make them require some mana too.

Until then, does anyone have any other strategies for dealing with giant spam?

MrSticky
12-31-2012, 03:45 PM
I find that everyone around the 1300 ratings is a giant spammer. I just try to play the game with some fun, with cool big, varied armies. I've tried a few strategies to combat spammers but they only delay them for a short while. I've tried shadowrath to cripple their economy, archer spam, speartons and swordwrath with rage. They always seem to be able to come back with more giants. At the end of the game they always seem to have about the same economy as me, yet they seem to have so much more gold.

I think that giants should be made less spammable by increasing the amount of population they require from 7 to 15 or make them require some mana too.

Until then, does anyone have any other strategies for dealing with giant spam?

Have you tried Magikill's posion spray?

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Have you tried Magikill's posion spray?

Yes, but sometimes it doesn't work very effectively. The poison takes a while to do noticable damage and since giant spammers I have faced arrange their giants in a vertical line, I can usually only hit one or two at a time with the poison, since it is directed in a horizantal line.

KrayZStick
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
There are many ways to beat giant spammers, Spearton rush, Magikills, find one your comfortable with!

MrSticky
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
There are many ways to beat giant spammers, Spearton rush, Magikills, find one your comfortable with!

Yeah, most giant spammers usually try to build dozens of miners. Try to kill off all the miners by rushing (Spearton Rush, Tower Spawn Swordswrath rage etc.) while building up an army at the same time.

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, most giant spammers usually try to build dozens of miners. Try to kill off all the miners by rushing (Spearton Rush, Tower Spawn Swordswrath rage etc.) while building up an army at the same time.

I think as a giant spammer too, you would be countered by ecperience peoples that kicks you. Rush is the best to get rid of their miner first! If they have castle archer, make a spearton then rrush!

Triss
12-31-2012, 06:22 PM
If you want frontal assault, try a combo of giants+2-5 Magikills
If you want to statue assault, use shadowrath/spearton and attack his statue.

Azxc
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
No, giant spammers are smarter now
They build walls and get 3 castle archers (making strong defends)
You cannot not disturb his miners nor strike his statue
Too risky

They are now very smart, it is hard to defeat them

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 08:35 PM
No, giant spammers are smarter now
They build walls and get 3 castle archers (making strong defends)
You cannot not disturb his miners nor strike his statue
Too risky

They are now very smart, it is hard to defeat them

Don't know about walls, but yea, I have been seeing many castle archers now. They also use the tower spawn too. It seems they try to get Tower Spawn 2 ASAP so they get free giants.

petmuju
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
I still defeated a noob giant spammer. That was my last battle. I better not play again until the pause is fixed.

I mean, I defeated him, but I lost by lag. His statue was crumbling and that is when he paused. What a noob.

Tecness2
12-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Mass swords.

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Mass swords.

You're... addicted to Swordwraths? Anyways, my Swordwraths cant catch up to the kiting Archidon. Its annoying.

NrgFA
12-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Is your empire name failingatfailin?
We were matched up but it wouldn't end the loading.

FailingAtFailing
12-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Is your empire name failingatfailin?
We were matched up but it wouldn't end the loading.

Yea, we were matched up. I think you chose Chaos. I kinda wanted to face you since I never faced Chaos before.

By the way, is Chaos Giant spam harder, or easier to deal with than Order Giant spam? Are the potential strategies different?

uberman
12-31-2012, 10:05 PM
You're... addicted to Swordwraths? Anyways, my Swordwraths cant catch up to the kiting Archidon. Its annoying.

*[stage whisper]*
But mass swords is a counter to gaints, NOT archers, infact the opposite :) Archers counter swords
*[/stage whisper]*

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 10:09 PM
*[stage whisper]*
But mass swords is a counter to gaints, NOT archers, infact the opposite :) Archers counter swords
*[/stage whisper]*

I'm not talking that archidons are used to counter giants... In fact, Archidons are used by Giant massers. Yeah, the player measures perfectly that his Archidon can't get hit while my Swordwraths got lots of arrows stuck in their bodies.

Azxc
12-31-2012, 10:17 PM
What if the enemy get 10 giants and ONE magikill.....?
Remember, smart giant massers are getting more skills...

So mass swordwraths are very risky
Also they cannot touch the statue as he has 3 castle archers....
So how can I win if I mass swordwrath?

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 10:25 PM

If he gets 10 giants and 1 magikill, he's gonna kill his own miners. Its 75 population without miners. Of course you can't win by massing swordwraths when they have castle archers, for me, I defend my base to let them attack first(I have 3 castle archers, resilience and walls). Once their army had been got rid, TIME FOR ACTION!

Azxc
12-31-2012, 11:23 PM
What if he also get giant ghost?...
His 10 giants can hide behind the ghost and throw stones
and get back to the middle when the ghost dies

He would repeat and repeat until he destroy all your infantries

uberman
12-31-2012, 11:34 PM

Yes, if he's got 10 giants and a magikill with 3 castle archers up, your screwed, or your options are very limited.
The trick is to not let him get 10 giants and a magikill in the first place, once he has them, its too late to start to formulate a plan.

Bladed Fire
12-31-2012, 11:45 PM
What if he also get giant ghost?...
His 10 giants can hide behind the ghost and throw stones
and get back to the middle when the ghost dies

He would repeat and repeat until he destroy all your infantries

What if he hide? Lol, that a stupid question(just kidding) If he hides his giant, you retreat , retreat until your base, your castle archers will help. Remember to build walls to make their movement slow. Get a magikill yourself for support. Get speartons in shield wall mode. Albowtross in blazing bolts supports the army. Remember, giant's movement are slow. They need time to hide. Repeat that until they dies. TIME FOR ACTION again.

Azxc
01-01-2013, 12:17 AM
It is easy.... just throw stones behind the ghost, you cannot hit anyone of them except the ghost giants